Publisher cannot open the file #5

Keep getting a 'Publisher cannot open the file' error message but it i
a publisher file and opened okay previously. I can also open othe
publisher file but not this particular one (which I desperately need a
Sod's law dictates). Tried renaming the file and made sure it wasn'
read only to now avail. Please help!!!

Yours,

Deseperate

PS Using Publisher 200

--
alainejose
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Look in your temp folder to see if Publisher created a temporary file.

Type %temp% in the address bar of Windows Explorer. Look for files that have a
pub prefix, rename the .tmp to .pub. You may get lucky.

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"alainejosey" <alainejosey.2c4wm6@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Keep getting a 'Publisher cannot open the file' error message but it is
> a publisher file and opened okay previously. I can also open other
> publisher file but not this particular one (which I desperately need as
> Sod's law dictates). Tried renaming the file and made sure it wasn't
> read only to now avail. Please help!!!
>
> Yours,
>
> Deseperate
>
> PS Using Publisher 2003
>

> --
> alainejosey
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

Creating a template using Publisher

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration
Hi I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option SID migration via ADMT during migration . I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove the source domain would I be left with "zombie" source domain accounts??? In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact ??...

Open Workbook
I have a query that pulls 2 fields from a table. One field (ReportName) is selected from a form combo box. The second field (ReportLocation) in the query is the full path of the ReportName selected. I want to open the workbook using the ReportLocation, when the ReportName in the form changes. So I need to the code to enter in "On Change" for my form, so whatever report is selected, it opens up. Please help. Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200802/1 here is my current code that doesn'...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Replication partner exch 5.5 crashed
Hello Everyone. We recently installed exchange server 2003, had it coexisting with exchange 5.5 . We used the pfmigrate tool to create replication of public folders,I had also moved around 75% of the users mail boxes to the 2003 server.Unfortunately Ifound out that the exchange 5.5 server has crashed and now we cannot send or receive emails because earlier the mail flow was from 2003 to 5.5 and internet and vice versa. How can I remove the 5.5 server and set the 2003 server to receive emails completely. Also I do have a backup of the 5.5 server , can I restore the 5.5 mail box to t...

Outlook Data Files #4

Backup Excel file

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...