Publisher cannot open the file #3

I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I cannot 
open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never 
bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!

Thanks
0
Upgrade (3)
1/30/2005 2:07:02 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

11 Replies
659 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
>I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I 
>cannot
> open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never
> bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>
> Thanks 


0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/30/2005 2:29:22 AM
Publisher 2003 Upgrade wrote:
> I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now
> I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would
> have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>
> Thanks


Ditch Norton, install AVG, problem solved.
-- 
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
on salads. 



0
misstick (379)
1/30/2005 2:47:03 AM
I was running Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 when I created the 
files; am running McAfee on computer I tried to open them on after upgrading 
to SBP 2003

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?
> 
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote in message news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
> >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I 
> >cannot
> > open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never
> > bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
> >
> > Thanks 
> 
> 
> 
0
Walshaw (1)
1/30/2005 2:55:02 AM
Norton does some really strange things to systems. It can be a bugger to get 
rid of. What error message are you getting?

(And by the way - you either have Office Pro or you have Office Small 
Business. There is no such thing as Small Business Professional.)

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"C Walshaw" <C Walshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:581C3245-5322-4971-8D33-DCC984868DB9@microsoft.com...
>I was running Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 when I created the
> files; am running McAfee on computer I tried to open them on after 
> upgrading
> to SBP 2003
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 
>> Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message 
>> news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
>> >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I
>> >cannot
>> > open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never
>> > bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/30/2005 3:38:20 AM
What is AVG?  We aren't all experts in THIS topic.  That's why we are asking 
for help.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> Publisher 2003 Upgrade wrote:
> > I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now
> > I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would
> > have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
> >
> > Thanks
> 
> 
> Ditch Norton, install AVG, problem solved.
> -- 
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads. 
> 
> 
> 
> 
0
CWalshaw (5)
1/30/2005 3:39:04 AM
You are correct-it is MS Office Small Business Edition 2003.  The error 
message is:  "Publisher cannot open the file."

Would it be able to open the file if I turned off security/virus programs - 
or is this a bugaboo that occurs when the file is created and they are turned 
on?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Norton does some really strange things to systems. It can be a bugger to get 
> rid of. What error message are you getting?
> 
> (And by the way - you either have Office Pro or you have Office Small 
> Business. There is no such thing as Small Business Professional.)
> 
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> "C Walshaw" <C Walshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:581C3245-5322-4971-8D33-DCC984868DB9@microsoft.com...
> >I was running Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 when I created the
> > files; am running McAfee on computer I tried to open them on after 
> > upgrading
> > to SBP 2003
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 
> >> Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote in message 
> >> news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
> >> >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I
> >> >cannot
> >> > open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never
> >> > bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
CWalshaw (5)
1/30/2005 3:47:01 AM
It's an antivirus program. I use the free version and love it.

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"C Walshaw" <CWalshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8D01BF2E-5289-4526-BBB1-F7A8425BE0E7@microsoft.com...
> What is AVG?  We aren't all experts in THIS topic.  That's why we are 
> asking
> for help.
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> Publisher 2003 Upgrade wrote:
>> > I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now
>> > I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would
>> > have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>>
>> Ditch Norton, install AVG, problem solved.
>> -- 
>> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
>> on salads.
>>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/30/2005 3:56:48 AM
For grins and giggles, send the file to me. Let's find out if the file is 
okay. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"C Walshaw" <CWalshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CC0842CF-DF0C-4B2B-B425-B0AD30DC136D@microsoft.com...
> You are correct-it is MS Office Small Business Edition 2003.  The error
> message is:  "Publisher cannot open the file."
>
> Would it be able to open the file if I turned off security/virus 
> programs -
> or is this a bugaboo that occurs when the file is created and they are 
> turned
> on?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Norton does some really strange things to systems. It can be a bugger to 
>> get
>> rid of. What error message are you getting?
>>
>> (And by the way - you either have Office Pro or you have Office Small
>> Business. There is no such thing as Small Business Professional.)
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "C Walshaw" <C Walshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:581C3245-5322-4971-8D33-DCC984868DB9@microsoft.com...
>> >I was running Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 when I created 
>> >the
>> > files; am running McAfee on computer I tried to open them on after
>> > upgrading
>> > to SBP 2003
>> >
>> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> JoAnn Paules
>> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003
>> >> Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> >> wrote in message
>> >> news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now 
>> >> >I
>> >> >cannot
>> >> > open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have 
>> >> > never
>> >> > bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/30/2005 3:57:30 AM
Thanks.  I'll check it out - and I appreciate the courteous reply.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> It's an antivirus program. I use the free version and love it.
> 
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> "C Walshaw" <CWalshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:8D01BF2E-5289-4526-BBB1-F7A8425BE0E7@microsoft.com...
> > What is AVG?  We aren't all experts in THIS topic.  That's why we are 
> > asking
> > for help.
> >
> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
> >
> >> Publisher 2003 Upgrade wrote:
> >> > I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now
> >> > I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would
> >> > have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >> Ditch Norton, install AVG, problem solved.
> >> -- 
> >> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> >> on salads.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
CWalshaw (5)
1/30/2005 5:55:07 AM
:-)

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"C Walshaw" <CWalshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1075D7C9-8DF8-4BEF-A75C-492BD2C5F4E7@microsoft.com...
> Thanks.  I'll check it out - and I appreciate the courteous reply.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It's an antivirus program. I use the free version and love it.
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "C Walshaw" <CWalshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8D01BF2E-5289-4526-BBB1-F7A8425BE0E7@microsoft.com...
>> > What is AVG?  We aren't all experts in THIS topic.  That's why we are
>> > asking
>> > for help.
>> >
>> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Publisher 2003 Upgrade wrote:
>> >> > I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now
>> >> > I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would
>> >> > have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Ditch Norton, install AVG, problem solved.
>> >> -- 
>> >> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
>> >> on salads.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/30/2005 6:41:50 AM
Another poster had this problem with McAfee, this was her solution:
 1) Choose the "VirusScan options" by right-clicking on your lower right
McAfee icon in the task bar [usually across the bottom of your screen]  --Do
NOT go through McAfee's Security Center, as it will direct you to an entirely
different set of help files.
     2) Click on the Help files (little blue question in upper right of the
window), and when that opens, it will probably default to be showing the
"index" tab listing--if not; choose the Index tab.
     3) type in the search bar: security settings, internet explorer
     4) hit the "display" button toward the bottom of that window, to open
that particular help file, and
     5) you will find further instructions on the Internet Explorer 5.x or
IE 6.x,  for changing the security settings
     It's a good idea to close all your programs, shut down the computer and
then start it back up again, before trying.  I would even suggest emptying
the Temporary Internet files, as well, including any cookies.  Start with as
"clean a slate" as possible, in other words.  I hope it works for you!

It appears McAfee has the same "script blocking" as Norton, but it is harder to find.

-- 
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"C Walshaw" <C Walshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:581C3245-5322-4971-8D33-DCC984868DB9@microsoft.com...
>I was running Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 when I created the
> files; am running McAfee on computer I tried to open them on after upgrading
> to SBP 2003
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance?
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com...
>> >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003.  Now I
>> >cannot
>> > open files created in Publisher 2000.  Please help - would have never
>> > bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming!
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
1/30/2005 9:44:13 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Publishing Website
I have a solution with multiple projects. On my LOCAL computer in Visual Studio 2008, I can choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish and it publishes to my LOCAL c:\temp\webSiteName directory. It works great. I then use a bat to zip and copy the published project to the remote web server. (I am doing it this way instead of directly publishing the project to the website because it takes forever to copy the VERY BIG published project if it is not zipped.) I would like to NOT to have to "choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish" and do this as pa...

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

How do I make a single pdf page out of 4 publisher pages?
I would like to be able to send this newletter in pdf format by email. The people who receive it would like to scroll through the 4 pages. So far all I have been able to do is make a pdf out of each page and attach ~ as an attachement. They have to open each attachment to see the next page. Any help appreciated!! As you save to pdf look for a statement that says, "Append to existing file". This way all four pages will be in one file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0855587A-6DA5-410...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...