Publisher cannot open file #3

After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
Thanks

0
gm_u (4)

Specifically what error are you getting?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
> knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
> Thanks

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/10/2005 9:41:13 PM
"Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the file is corrupted.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Specifically what error are you getting?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
> knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
> Thanks

0
gm_u (4)
4/10/2005 9:48:45 PM
It's Publisher 2003. MS Office 2000.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Specifically what error are you getting?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
> knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
> Thanks

0
gm_u (4)
4/10/2005 9:50:04 PM
Is this the ol Norton glitch?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Specifically what error are you getting?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
>> knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
>> Thanks

Hello All,

I am getting the exact same error! My file is loaded with lines and
textboxes, along with an import of a MS Word doc into a textbox.

This is very worrisome for me, especially since I sent the printer this file
in a pdf format and now I can't open the Publisher native in case I need to
make changes. There is a possibility that I may have to redo eight hours of
work if the printer needs me to make some changes.

I am so concerned about this that I am willing to send the file to an MVP or
somebody representing MS to see what is wrong.

Please help!

"Grazyna & Maciek" wrote:

> "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the file is corrupted.
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Specifically what error are you getting?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
> > knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
> > Thanks

0
Alcide (52)
4/11/2005 5:37:03 PM
Although I do not represent Microsoft, I am willing to see if I can get it
to open. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I am getting the exact same error! My file is loaded with lines and
> textboxes, along with an import of a MS Word doc into a textbox.
>
> This is very worrisome for me, especially since I sent the printer this
> file
> in a pdf format and now I can't open the Publisher native in case I need
> make changes. There is a possibility that I may have to redo eight hours
> of
> work if the printer needs me to make some changes.
>
> I am so concerned about this that I am willing to send the file to an MVP
> or
> somebody representing MS to see what is wrong.
>
> Please help!
>
> "Grazyna & Maciek" wrote:
>
>> "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the file is corrupted.
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Specifically what error are you getting?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone
>> > knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again...
>> > Thanks

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/11/2005 5:50:01 PM
Thanks JoAnn,

I sent it over from my MSN account. Too bad we can't do attachments on these
groups. I guess MS thinks that it would get out of hand or be used to
transmit viruses to their server.

Oh well, maybe someday.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Although I do not represent Microsoft, I am willing to see if I can get it
> to open. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am getting the exact same error! My file is loaded with lines and
> > textboxes, along with an import of a MS Word doc into a textbox.
> >
> > This is very worrisome for me, especially since I sent the printer this
> > file
> > in a pdf format and now I can't open the Publisher native in case I need
> > make changes. There is a possibility that I may have to redo eight hours
> > of
> > work if the printer needs me to make some changes.
> >
> > I am so concerned about this that I am willing to send the file to an MVP
> > or
> > somebody representing MS to see what is wrong.
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > "Grazyna & Maciek" wrote:
> >
> >> "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the file is corrupted.
> >>

> >> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Specifically what error are you getting?
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Alcide (52)
4/11/2005 11:22:02 PM
Oh no! No attachments here. We'd get so much crap that had absolutely
nothing to do with the subject that no one would bother even reading the
threads.

--

> Thanks JoAnn,
>
> I sent it over from my MSN account. Too bad we can't do attachments on
> these
> groups. I guess MS thinks that it would get out of hand or be used to
> transmit viruses to their server.
>
> Oh well, maybe someday.
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Although I do not represent Microsoft, I am willing to see if I can get
>> it
>> to open. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > I am getting the exact same error! My file is loaded with lines and
>> > textboxes, along with an import of a MS Word doc into a textbox.
>> >
>> > This is very worrisome for me, especially since I sent the printer this
>> > file
>> > in a pdf format and now I can't open the Publisher native in case I
>> > need
>> > make changes. There is a possibility that I may have to redo eight
>> > hours
>> > of
>> > work if the printer needs me to make some changes.
>> >
>> > I am so concerned about this that I am willing to send the file to an
>> > MVP
>> > or
>> > somebody representing MS to see what is wrong.
>> >
>> > Please help!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/11/2005 11:26:17 PM
It will not open for me either. I tried opening it in Word. Ha ha - it was
over 4500 pages long. Do you still have the .pdf file you sent your printer?
If so, I may be able to help there.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks JoAnn,
>
> I sent it over from my MSN account. Too bad we can't do attachments on
> these
> groups. I guess MS thinks that it would get out of hand or be used to
> transmit viruses to their server.
>
> Oh well, maybe someday.
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Although I do not represent Microsoft, I am willing to see if I can get
>> it
>> to open. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > I am getting the exact same error! My file is loaded with lines and
>> > textboxes, along with an import of a MS Word doc into a textbox.
>> >
>> > This is very worrisome for me, especially since I sent the printer this
>> > file
>> > in a pdf format and now I can't open the Publisher native in case I
>> > need
>> > make changes. There is a possibility that I may have to redo eight
>> > hours
>> > of
>> > work if the printer needs me to make some changes.
>> >
>> > I am so concerned about this that I am willing to send the file to an
>> > MVP
>> > or
>> > somebody representing MS to see what is wrong.
>> >
>> > Please help!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/11/2005 11:40:15 PM
Wow! If you can't open it there must be a real problem. I am sending over the
pdf via my MSN, as before.

MS is very blessed to have you on board.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> It will not open for me either. I tried opening it in Word. Ha ha - it was
> over 4500 pages long. Do you still have the .pdf file you sent your printer?
> If so, I may be able to help there.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks JoAnn,
> >
> > I sent it over from my MSN account. Too bad we can't do attachments on
> > these
> > groups. I guess MS thinks that it would get out of hand or be used to
> > transmit viruses to their server.
> >
> > Oh well, maybe someday.
> >

> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Although I do not represent Microsoft, I am willing to see if I can get
> >> it
> >> to open. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Alcide (52)
4/11/2005 11:56:01 PM
Although I can open the .pdf in Reader, I can't do anything else with it. I
get the message that it's too large to be opened in Word. I got the same
message when I tried to open it in Publisher. (I have ScanSoft's PDF
Converter.) Why it said Word when I was in Publisher - no clue.

Just thought of something sneaky to try - stay tuned.............Darn!
Programs are too smart to be tricked that way. Fine - I'll try something
else.

If anyone is curious, the message I get is:
"This PDF file is too large to be converted to Microsoft Word.
The longest acceptable dimension is 22 inches (55.88 cm)."

The file is 11" high by 24" long. I tried to rotate it thinking maybe it
would be tricked by the width. Nope.
--

> Wow! If you can't open it there must be a real problem. I am sending over
> the
> pdf via my MSN, as before.
>
> MS is very blessed to have you on board.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> It will not open for me either. I tried opening it in Word. Ha ha - it
>> was
>> over 4500 pages long. Do you still have the .pdf file you sent your
>> printer?
>> If so, I may be able to help there.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks JoAnn,
>> >
>> > I sent it over from my MSN account. Too bad we can't do attachments on
>> > these
>> > groups. I guess MS thinks that it would get out of hand or be used to
>> > transmit viruses to their server.
>> >
>> > Oh well, maybe someday.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/12/2005 12:18:59 AM
Try GhostScript...
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Although I can open the .pdf in Reader, I can't do anything else with it. I get the
> message that it's too large to be opened in Word. I got the same message when I
> tried to open it in Publisher. (I have ScanSoft's PDF Converter.) Why it said Word
> when I was in Publisher - no clue.
>
> Just thought of something sneaky to try - stay tuned.............Darn! Programs are
> too smart to be tricked that way. Fine - I'll try something else.
>
> If anyone is curious, the message I get is:
> "This PDF file is too large to be converted to Microsoft Word.
> The longest acceptable dimension is 22 inches (55.88 cm)."
>
> The file is 11" high by 24" long. I tried to rotate it thinking maybe it would be
> tricked by the width. Nope.
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Wow! If you can't open it there must be a real problem. I am sending over the
>> pdf via my MSN, as before.
>>
>> MS is very blessed to have you on board.
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> It will not open for me either. I tried opening it in Word. Ha ha - it was
>>> over 4500 pages long. Do you still have the .pdf file you sent your printer?
>>> If so, I may be able to help there.
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>

>>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)
4/12/2005 8:32:45 AM
Hello JoAnn et. al.,

At least now I know that it isn't a simple problem.

I wouldn't expect it to open in Word since word can't go beyond 22" in width
or height, as I understand. But the PDF was converted from Publisher 2003 via
Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0 set to Pre-Press job option. It still scares me
that a Publisher file that opened fine and even allowed me to convert to a
postscript file is for some reason locked. As I said before, this can be a
real problem here at work if I need to make changes to a Publisher file
(which is always the case) after I send the color-seperated pdf to the
printer.

Oh well, I hope we can figure something out. Your help is really wonderful!!

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Although I can open the .pdf in Reader, I can't do anything else with it. I
> get the message that it's too large to be opened in Word. I got the same
> message when I tried to open it in Publisher. (I have ScanSoft's PDF
> Converter.) Why it said Word when I was in Publisher - no clue.
>
> Just thought of something sneaky to try - stay tuned.............Darn!
> Programs are too smart to be tricked that way. Fine - I'll try something
> else.
>
> If anyone is curious, the message I get is:
> "This PDF file is too large to be converted to Microsoft Word.
> The longest acceptable dimension is 22 inches (55.88 cm)."
>
> The file is 11" high by 24" long. I tried to rotate it thinking maybe it
> would be tricked by the width. Nope.
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Wow! If you can't open it there must be a real problem. I am sending over
> > the
> > pdf via my MSN, as before.
> >
> > MS is very blessed to have you on board.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> It will not open for me either. I tried opening it in Word. Ha ha - it
> >> was
> >> over 4500 pages long. Do you still have the .pdf file you sent your
> >> printer?
> >> If so, I may be able to help there.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Alcide (52)
4/12/2005 3:18:03 PM
If you have Acrobat, you could use that to make your changes.

--

> Hello JoAnn et. al.,
>
> At least now I know that it isn't a simple problem.
>
> I wouldn't expect it to open in Word since word can't go beyond 22" in
> width
> or height, as I understand. But the PDF was converted from Publisher 2003
> via
> Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0 set to Pre-Press job option. It still scares
> me
> that a Publisher file that opened fine and even allowed me to convert to a
> postscript file is for some reason locked. As I said before, this can be a
> real problem here at work if I need to make changes to a Publisher file
> (which is always the case) after I send the color-seperated pdf to the
> printer.
>
> Oh well, I hope we can figure something out. Your help is really
> wonderful!!
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Although I can open the .pdf in Reader, I can't do anything else with it.
>> get the message that it's too large to be opened in Word. I got the same
>> message when I tried to open it in Publisher. (I have ScanSoft's PDF
>> Converter.) Why it said Word when I was in Publisher - no clue.
>>
>> Just thought of something sneaky to try - stay tuned.............Darn!
>> Programs are too smart to be tricked that way. Fine - I'll try something
>> else.
>>
>> If anyone is curious, the message I get is:
>> "This PDF file is too large to be converted to Microsoft Word.
>> The longest acceptable dimension is 22 inches (55.88 cm)."
>>
>> The file is 11" high by 24" long. I tried to rotate it thinking maybe it
>> would be tricked by the width. Nope.
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Wow! If you can't open it there must be a real problem. I am sending
>> > over
>> > the
>> > pdf via my MSN, as before.
>> >
>> > MS is very blessed to have you on board.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/12/2005 4:05:23 PM
Hello JoAnn,

Really? I have Acrobat 6.0 Standard. I didn't know that I could make such
intricate changes, such as moving a line by .001 of an inch, in Acrobat. I
better buy that manual.

Can Acrobat do that? If so, I will spend some time mastering that program.

Thanks a million.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> If you have Acrobat, you could use that to make your changes.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello JoAnn et. al.,
> >
> > At least now I know that it isn't a simple problem.
> >
> > I wouldn't expect it to open in Word since word can't go beyond 22" in
> > width
> > or height, as I understand. But the PDF was converted from Publisher 2003
> > via
> > Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0 set to Pre-Press job option. It still scares
> > me
> > that a Publisher file that opened fine and even allowed me to convert to a
> > postscript file is for some reason locked. As I said before, this can be a
> > real problem here at work if I need to make changes to a Publisher file
> > (which is always the case) after I send the color-seperated pdf to the
> > printer.
> >
> > Oh well, I hope we can figure something out. Your help is really
> > wonderful!!
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Although I can open the .pdf in Reader, I can't do anything else with it.
> >> get the message that it's too large to be opened in Word. I got the same
> >> message when I tried to open it in Publisher. (I have ScanSoft's PDF
> >> Converter.) Why it said Word when I was in Publisher - no clue.
> >>
> >> Just thought of something sneaky to try - stay tuned.............Darn!
> >> Programs are too smart to be tricked that way. Fine - I'll try something
> >> else.
> >>
> >> If anyone is curious, the message I get is:
> >> "This PDF file is too large to be converted to Microsoft Word.
> >> The longest acceptable dimension is 22 inches (55.88 cm)."
> >>
> >> The file is 11" high by 24" long. I tried to rotate it thinking maybe it
> >> would be tricked by the width. Nope.
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Alcide (52)
4/12/2005 5:07:02 PM
I'd question the reason to move a line .001 but........... I know I can edit
things in v5 so I'd image you can too. Why not try? Save a test copy of the
file and start playing with it.

--

> Hello JoAnn,
>
> Really? I have Acrobat 6.0 Standard. I didn't know that I could make such
> intricate changes, such as moving a line by .001 of an inch, in Acrobat. I
> better buy that manual.
>
> Can Acrobat do that? If so, I will spend some time mastering that program.
>

> Thanks a million.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you have Acrobat, you could use that to make your changes.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello JoAnn et. al.,
>> >
>> > At least now I know that it isn't a simple problem.
>> >
>> > I wouldn't expect it to open in Word since word can't go beyond 22" in
>> > width
>> > or height, as I understand. But the PDF was converted from Publisher
>> > 2003
>> > via
>> > Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0 set to Pre-Press job option. It still
>> > scares
>> > me
>> > that a Publisher file that opened fine and even allowed me to convert
>> > to a
>> > postscript file is for some reason locked. As I said before, this can
>> > be a
>> > real problem here at work if I need to make changes to a Publisher file
>> > (which is always the case) after I send the color-seperated pdf to the
>> > printer.
>> >
>> > Oh well, I hope we can figure something out. Your help is really
>> > wonderful!!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/12/2005 5:09:42 PM
Just wanted to let you know that it was probably Norton and I could not do
anything to recover the file. I started from scratch an avoided pasting
Excel tables. I created a Publisher table and pasted contents of the table
from Excel. This did not corrupt the file. I also turned off my Norton ,just
in case. Thanks for your help.

0
gm_u (4)
4/13/2005 2:26:29 AM
Since you really need an antivirus program, I'd suggest using AVG.

--

> Just wanted to let you know that it was probably Norton and I could not do
> anything to recover the file. I started from scratch an avoided pasting
> Excel tables. I created a Publisher table and pasted contents of the table
> from Excel. This did not corrupt the file. I also turned off my Norton
> ,just
> in case. Thanks for your help.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/13/2005 3:02:10 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Since you really need an antivirus program, I'd suggest using AVG.

Another alternative is !avast. IME, it is better than AVG.
0
wordwiz (948)
4/13/2005 3:17:31 AM
I'm not familiar with that one. Good program, huh?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>> Since you really need an antivirus program, I'd suggest using AVG.
>>

> Another alternative is !avast. IME, it is better than AVG.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/13/2005 3:21:06 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:

> I'm not familiar with that one. Good program, huh?

JoAnn,

I had not heard of it either until some of us started noticing AVG
wasn't stamping outbound messages or inbound ones as being certified
free of a virus. At the time, I believe it was a newer Beta version but
the one I was using (V5?) was not going to be supported any longer.
Someone suggested !avast and it has worked great.

Mike
0
wordwiz (948)
4/13/2005 12:44:07 PM
I've been using AVG and having it check incoming and outgoing emails but
just yesterday one of the IE/OE MVPs told me it was sending attachments for
that stamp and could screw things up in OE. I turned off the outgoing
notification.

--

> JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>
>> I'm not familiar with that one. Good program, huh?
>>
> JoAnn,
>
> I had not heard of it either until some of us started noticing AVG wasn't
> stamping outbound messages or inbound ones as being certified free of a
> virus. At the time, I believe it was a newer Beta version but the one I
> was using (V5?) was not going to be supported any longer. Someone
> suggested !avast and it has worked great.
>
> Mike

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/13/2005 1:29:43 PM
That is interesting. I turned it off for another reason. With all the
phishing and viruses going around I don't want anyone to assume that the
message is virus free. No antivirus program is 100% accurate, and I would
imagine an easy way for someone to get you to open an attachment that has a
virus is to paste the 'certified to be virus free' message at the bottom of
an infected message.

DavidF

> I've been using AVG and having it check incoming and outgoing emails but
> just yesterday one of the IE/OE MVPs told me it was sending attachments
for
> that stamp and could screw things up in OE. I turned off the outgoing
> notification.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> >
> >> I'm not familiar with that one. Good program, huh?
> >>
> > JoAnn,
> >
> > I had not heard of it either until some of us started noticing AVG
wasn't
> > stamping outbound messages or inbound ones as being certified free of a
> > virus. At the time, I believe it was a newer Beta version but the one I
> > was using (V5?) was not going to be supported any longer. Someone
> > suggested !avast and it has worked great.
> >
> > Mike

0
Nope8657 (939)
4/13/2005 2:26:20 PM
Excellent points. The moral is that you can never be too careful when it
comes to computer safety.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> That is interesting. I turned it off for another reason. With all the
> phishing and viruses going around I don't want anyone to assume that the
> message is virus free. No antivirus program is 100% accurate, and I would
> imagine an easy way for someone to get you to open an attachment that has
> virus is to paste the 'certified to be virus free' message at the bottom
> of
> an infected message.
>
> DavidF
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've been using AVG and having it check incoming and outgoing emails but
>> just yesterday one of the IE/OE MVPs told me it was sending attachments
> for
>> that stamp and could screw things up in OE. I turned off the outgoing
>> notification.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message

>> > JoAnn,
>> >
>> > I had not heard of it either until some of us started noticing AVG
> wasn't
>> > stamping outbound messages or inbound ones as being certified free of a
>> > virus. At the time, I believe it was a newer Beta version but the one I
>> > was using (V5?) was not going to be supported any longer. Someone
>> > suggested !avast and it has worked great.
>> >
>> > Mike

0
jl_amerson (3088)

RMS v1.2 and v1.3
I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when I upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to be the same version? Headquarters and Store Operations always have to be the same version for the uploads/downloads to work. -- Regards Michael (Brisbane, Australia) "NMC" <NMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193149AE-8F18-49F4-A98D-91B801C7CC6F@microsoft.com... >I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when >I > upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to...

Exporting from Publisher
Many of the contributers to our Parish Magazine and Advertising Supplement send material in Publisher format. How can I best export this material to another DTP Package? John -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk You can save everything as a .jpg or convert it to a .pdf. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsof...

Duplicate folders #3
I seem to have duplicate folders in Outlook XP. SOme of the content is the same, but there are 2 seperate Inbox folders. How can this be or what have I done? ...

Mailbox Cleanup #3
Why do I get this every week? This is a new exchange server with about 15 users. (0 mailboxes) The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Completed at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB Did I set something up wrong? I thought this was a periodic cleanup routine.. Do you have a Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings that has a LDAP filter that doesn't pick up any users? -- Bharat Sun...

Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN...
Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN are we allowed to talk about it in this NG? Or are we still supposed to keep quiet about it?! Cheers Tom ...

MSCRM 3.0 importing Chinese character problem
Hi, I use MSCRM 3.0, when importing, found the original Chinese character be changed to odd code, how can I solve this problem? ...

Publisher Printing Very Slow
I recently got a new printer. Now any publisher doc I print, even in fast draft, it takes 2-3 minutes to print. It doesn't matter if it is clip art or just black text. All other Office programs print quickly. My printer is a Brother MFC-5840CN All-in-one. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks, Blue ...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

More than one profile in Outlook. #3
Hi I have a e-mail user that needs to open more than one e- mail account at a time, using Outlook 2002. If I click, File, Open, Others User's Folder, it works and he can get the mail for that e-mail account. When I try to put all the mailboxes in the folder list by clicking Tools, Email Accounts, View or change existing e-mail account, next, Change, More Settings, Advanced and then Add it gives me this message: The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed. I use Exchange 5.5 Can anyone help? ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

deleting rows after 3
basically i need some help deleting rows, i want a button click to delete all the rows after 3. the ones before 3 have text that i would like to stay, but the rows after three need to be deleted. there is no fixed end to the list as people add more rows - so the delet function would need to delete ALL rows greater than 3. thanks you could use a macro like: Rows("4:65536").Delete Shift:=xlUp "kishan" wrote: > basically i need some help deleting rows, > i want a button click to delete all the rows after 3. the > ones before 3 have text that i would ...

Automatic Reply #3
I was wondering if there is any way to automatically reply to people to let them know that I am out of the office without a server? ie There is no "out of office" option in my tool bar. You can create a message rule for this. "Genevieve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4f3b01c3e469$f34a7cf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I was wondering if there is any way to automatically reply > to people to let them know that I am out of the office > without a server? ie There is no "out of office" option in > my tool bar. Yes, you c...