Publisher can't open a file it just created

Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a
computer because it started have problems opening
publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in
publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it
tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone else
run into this?  It happened on another computer once
before and we formated and reinstalled windows.

I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help
it.

Chris
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you saving the file to the hard drive?

Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable
"Office Plug-ins" then try again.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a
> computer because it started have problems opening
> publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in
> publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it
> tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone else
> run into this?  It happened on another computer once
> before and we formated and reinstalled windows.
>
> I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help
> it.
>
> Chris

0
gsauer (5093)
8/2/2004 6:52:24 PM
I was going to do that but we are using the Norton Corp
and I could not find it.  Is "script blocking"
and  "office Plu-ins" in norton both?  I found something
like this on the web and couldn't get it work.  I'm going
to double check to make sure but I couldn't find either
the other day.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/5/2004 2:34:49 PM
Right-click your Norton icon in the systray, click "open Norton..., turn off script
blocking, above is the options menu, in the Miscellaneous menu, clear office
plug-ins. I have never cleared the office plug-ins and had have no issues, others do.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> I was going to do that but we are using the Norton Corp
> and I could not find it.  Is "script blocking"
> and  "office Plu-ins" in norton both?  I found something
> like this on the web and couldn't get it work.  I'm going
> to double check to make sure but I couldn't find either
> the other day.

0
gsauer (5093)

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

IE8 Will Not Open in Windows 7
I purchased a new PC shortly before Windows 7 was launched. I was able to purchase a disk from the PC manufacturer allowing me to upgrade when Windows 7 was released. I have an IE icon in the task bar but wheh I click it, the hour glass appears fro a few seconds and vanishes. I have scoured for information including open IE with no add ons, creating a new icon etc but nothing works and it will not open. Any ideas please. Does it open in no add-ons mode? See this link for steps you can take http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213 -- -- "Brummie" <Brumm...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

retrieving folders.old file

outlook can't receive exe files

Just Testing 09-07-07
Just Testing please ignore -- Jim Bunton ...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

Opening .prn files in XL2000