Publisher can not convert this picture.

I have not had any problems until recently. Now when I do a search for clip
art, the files from the web are not viewable in thumbnail. When I click on
the thumbnail I get the message: "Publisher cannot convert this picture" I
have tried fixing it with the oringinal disks and Downloads from the
microsoft site to upgrade my publisher. Has anyone else experienced this or
does anyone know how I can fix it?
Thanks

You usually can fix it by clearing your cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Melissa-Oregon" <Melissa-Oregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have not had any problems until recently. Now when I do a search for clip
> art, the files from the web are not viewable in thumbnail. When I click on
> the thumbnail I get the message: "Publisher cannot convert this picture" I
> have tried fixing it with the oringinal disks and Downloads from the
> microsoft site to upgrade my publisher. Has anyone else experienced this or
> does anyone know how I can fix it?
> Thanks

0
gsauer (5093)

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

Can't Eliminate Client Edge
I have a window derived from CWnd. I added the following code: int CPane::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { // Create our window lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle = lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle & ~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE; if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; // Etc. Yes, the window appears with a visible client edge. And if I use Spy++, it reports that the window has the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style. I even tried calling SetWindowLong but that has no effect. Does anyone have any ideas why my window insists on having a client edge? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wo...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

Transparent text on picture in Word
I have a picture I have placed into a word document. I now want to add text over the picture that will appear transparent. Essentially the picture is a scenery pciture and I want to add a poem that appears over the picture. How can I do this? Although you can place your text in a text box with No Line and No Fill, it would make more sense to use the document body for your text and set the wrapping on the picture to Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tony" <Tony@discussions.mic...

emailing pictures.
what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures (attachments)??? Version of Outlook? "confused" wrote: > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > (attachments)??? 2003 (so sorry for the delayed response, i turned off my pc, b/c i was so irritated, all other help areas were just as confusing) "Mary" wrote: > Version of Outlook? > > "confused" wrote: > > > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > > (attachments)??? If you are trying to use the Web toolbar to ...

Can this be done
I use a 'closed' Citrix Metaframe delivered Outlook system at work and have no control over how it is configured. I can't even access my calandar/email from the internet - only when I'm in the office. What I want to do is somehow auto-forward my appointments from work to my home Outlook program/email address and populate my home calendar with my work meetings/schedule etc.... Can this be done ? Thanks in advance August The following article is all about synchronizing Outlook data between machines -- perhaps you'll find what you're looking for (there are 3rd part...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

How can i use DAO Application
Hello freinds I have a software which is made in MFC and connected with MS Access 97 through DAO(Direct Access Object via MS jet Engine). Now i want to use same software for Postgresql and wanted to connected it through ODBC. Problem is that Old software has been developed for DAO,all main file like ,recordset,view doc r made for DAO. If i want to make it in ODBC,my classes like Set ,view Doc and other would be generated for ODBC. I dont know any option to use same software, Should i write whole software from the begining? I need ur help. thanks Sheikh ...

how can i make my page look like a page from a yearbook?
I have multiple photos that I need to get onto one page, all the same size and can't find a template for it! What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 07 the catalog merge maybe what you are needing. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx If it is simply a one page, create a table, with your cursor in a cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brit" <Brit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D9C84F-F82E-474A-A18F-67A3B...

Security and encryption issues when trying to convert to 2007
I currently have a 2003 database set up with a workgroup and user end securities. I know these won't work in 2007, so I've already followed the suggestions through a few other posts and essentially gotten rid of my securities by changing all the profiles to admin with full access and rights. But my database is still encrypted and I receive an error message when I try to convert it. I could just convert the version of the database I have before the securities were added, but I've made a lot of changes since then and don't want to have to redo all those hours of wo...

how can I see graphic in publisher doc as I work
When working on a publisher doc if I insert clip art it is not visible. It prints oK and shows in print preview, but not on the working doc. I have tried "view-pictures" every setting. I have updated drivers for graphic card but no joy. I use Office 2003 Professional XP home edition ...

how can I get a publisher file to acrobat reader
I have a Regestration Form created in publisher 2003. When a confrence addtendee signs on to our web site they need to be able to click on a file (acrobat reader) Hopfuly, and download it and print it so they can fill out the form and mail it off. (I say acobat reader because that seems to be the most common way it's done. I dont see an export in publisher or a inport to acrobat. how can i make this happen You will need a third party program to create the pdf file. Adobe Acrobat but it's spendy or a freebee i.e., Primopdf or another commercial program of modest cost, i.e., PDF-XC...

Formula to Convert Minutes:Seconds to just seconds
Hi Gang, I will explain best way i can. If Cell A1 contains the time 01:30, thats 1 minute & 30 Seconds, Then need cell B1 to display the value as just seconds so that it looks lik this: 90. Again if a user types 01:00 in Cell A1 then Cell B1 should convert an display this as 120. I know the basic maths behind this, using the 01:30 as an example First excel should take what ever is before the : and multiply by 6 (to convert the minutes into seconds, then it should add the result t the number AFTER the : (which are seconds anyway and the end result i 90, and 90 is what should be displ...

Publisher 2003 won't print
I have just taken over writing a newsletter which is 8 pages with LOTS of photos and graphics. It needs to be converted to a pdf file for publishing on our web site. I tried using Publisher 2003 this last month and after many days of putting the newsletter together and getting it just the way I wanted it, it totally failed to convert! It wouldn't print to my HP 6110 All-In-One Printer either! My computer is a PC with XP and service packs 1, 2 and 3. I am using Adobe 8.0.1. What could be wrong? I was able to copy (with much exasperation) the whole thing on to Word 2003 just to get it ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Convert Years to Years/Months/Days
Through a calculation, I get an amount of time in years (ex. 1.31 years). How would I convert that number to years/months/days based on a 360 day year? Thanks! Corey Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. Just multiply your result by 360? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <coreymartin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136384291.470002.53750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. > Look in HELP for the DAYS360() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <coreymartin@gma...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

How can I make a calendar containing only six months per page?
I want to print a calendar with exactly 6 months per page. All of the template choices seem to be either 1 or 12. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Divide your page with grid guides. In 2007-- Insert, Design Gallery Object. Calendar, Select the date range. Adjust to fit the space. You will have to do this six times. If you have earlier versions there were wizards... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David M" <David M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8F66BD-4ED4-4439-8E9E-4A1E1833AC1A@microsoft.com... >I want to print a cale...

can i have a winxp product key please
Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key No "jack wilkinson" wrote: > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key > > > . > "jack wilkinson" <bargaindirect@clerk.com> wrote in message news:efTeyFszKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

2002 Publisher inferior to 2000, huge disappointment
I'm so pissed. I purchased this program because I was away from home and had to work on an emergency project. When I got home I had to install this version (over my old 2000) in order to be able to access the project I'd been working on. The crop feature is difficult to find at best and impossible to use. The address feature is still a mystery, if it exists. I'm so tired of searching for tools that either don't exist or are hidden too well to use. What is the point in upgrading to a version that you cannot use. Publisher has always been my favorite. Now, I don...

how do I angle text in Publisher
I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star wars. Any help? Try the WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kmc17" <kmc17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1DB10C-A9A1-45D5-9A0F-02FD746E2CE4@microsoft.com... >I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and > would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star > wars. Any help? kmc17 wrote: > I want to create an...