Publisher - blank pages printing in between numbered pages

Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get
additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from
happening?

Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in
print preview?
What version Publisher?
Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when
printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank
page.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get
> additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from
> happening?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

numbering rows
Is there a way to number each row in Excel so that when it prints out the rows all have numbers? I couldn't find it in Msft online Help but I guess that's no surprise. thanks! Jane Two options. 1. In page setup>sheet select "row and column headers". Note this will print the column headsers also. 2. Insert a column to left of your original columns(will become column A) Enter in A1 =ROW() and drag/copy down the column as far as you wish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:15:10 -0700, "jane" <jfnysf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a ...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

Still issues uninstalling Publisher trial version
When I try to unstall or install over top of the trial version of Publisher, it askes me for the original MSI file (pubtri.msi). I do not have this file and can not locate it on microsofts website so that I my remove it. does anyone have any idea's on how I can remove the trail version so that I can get the real one installed. Thanks Glenn Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 Error Message: This Installation Package Could Not Be Opened http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

publisher #17
can publisher make 40 page brochures? thanks -- bob A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bob <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > can publisher make 40 page brochures? Yes. But the brochures tend to be better if you use Publisher to make them. ;o) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm can you give me an idea how to do it? -- bob "Ed Bennett" wrote: > A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Removing blank spaces
I have two text fields storing part numbers. One stores a stripped number and the other stores a spaced number. Example: (12345 and 12 34 5). I have a Search text box that I currently type a stripped number into and the record is retrieved. I need help on the following: If a spaced number is entered, I would like to strip all spaces and have it find the stripped number as if I had typed the stripped number first. can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. hdfixitup Replace( yourString, " ", "" ) should replace the spaces to nothing. That function may not works, i...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

Creating a Calendar in Publisher
I have created a calendar page in Publisher. How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the format? On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:31:02 +0000, Toni wrote (in article <A49FAC01-7290-48FA-9576-5FB4761A9CD6@microsoft.com>): > I have created a calendar page in Publisher. > How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the > format? You use the correct tool for the job. Publisher isn't it. Serif PagePlus, OTOH, is. I have Publisher 2000 Can't you use SAVE AS and it saves as a Publisher file? If the tabs on the bottom are ...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

need to edit blank email
I have started working with Outlook 2003, and am exceedingly annoyed that the messages I make are all spaced out at inordinately large intervals. A little bit of knowledge being dangerous, I have fixed Word and Excel to start exactly as I want them to, and would like to do the same with Outlook. When I am done composing a message, I Select All and |Format|Paragraph| and set Before and After to 0 and it collapses the message somewhat, but its annoying to have to keep doing it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Florida, New York USA are you using wo...

Number Format
Is this available/possible? The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. Thanks, Bill Hi AFAIK this is not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Allen" <ballense@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1eq6d.26462$7k.7198@okepread05... > Is this available/possible? > The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is > always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. > > Thanks, &g...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

Apostrophes in Blank Cells
I am importing Excel data that has what seems to be blank cells but on closer inspection I can see an apostrphe in the formula bar. That's not a problem because I have written a macro to identify apostrophes and clear the contents of these cells. The mystery is that when the same data is imported on a friend's computer with the same version of Excel the apostrophe does not appear in his formula bar (although they are still non-blank cells) and so my macro will not work on his computer since it doesn't see the apostrophes. Although I can write a different macro in his case, ...

how to create leading zeros on variable length numbers
I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 characters. What's the easiest way to do this? sleect cells or column then pull-down: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > and enter 000000000000000 in place of general -- Gary's Student "MVPitts" wrote: > I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to > place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 > characters. What's the easie...

Updated KB Article: Publisher 2003 (834915)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834915 This article describes a Prepress problem when you print to a RIP or to a workstation where page numbers are printed as Page 1 or as Unknown. This article provides a workaround to print each page range as a separate file with distinctive file names. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org ...

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...