publisher bg not printing

when i designed a brochure in publisher the back ground does not print. I
tried it on my own pritner as well as at a commercial print/copy place. what
is the problem? thanks for any suggestions.
0
kindness1 (1)

Did you start with one of the Paper Direct templates? If so, they won't
print. they are images of paper that you can purchase and the images are
there so that you can design around the graphics.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"kindness" <kindness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i designed a brochure in publisher the back ground does not print. I
> tried it on my own pritner as well as at a commercial print/copy place.
> what
> is the problem? thanks for any suggestions.

0
jl_paules (2769)
8/5/2007 5:49:32 PM
Do you have "Ignore Master Page (Background)" checked in the view menu."

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"kindness" <kindness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i designed a brochure in publisher the back ground does not print. I
> tried it on my own pritner as well as at a commercial print/copy place. what
> is the problem? thanks for any suggestions.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Why does 62 KB translate into 4.2 MB in Publisher?
When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from ~275 KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Let me guess - Publisher 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher induced baldness" <Publisher induced baldness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED85165-A29E-44AA-AFE6-4F5A5D518991@microsoft.com... > When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from > ~275 > KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Publisher 2000 doesn't support compression. PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

Publisher created webpage
I have created a web page in publisher, and am having a problem uploading it to a hosting site(angelfire). Any tips??? Thanks In the future utilize the webdesign forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign You don't specify your version nor state what the problem is. I'd have to recommend you start by going over my tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm on uploading to identify if you are following the correct procedures. If afterwards you are having a specific difficulty post as such in the web forum for follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbar...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Printing drawings
Visio 2007 Professsional ... Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. Select tables and PK, however drawing created has all columns included. Is there a way to suppress the columns so only the tables are revealed? Thanks, Jim Yes with Visio for enterprise architect version "Jim Peterson" <JimPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:1232D9FA-E60A-4BD1-AF91-A6EA688A1819@microsoft.com... > Visio 2007 Professsional ... > > Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. > Select t...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

margin cut off when printed
a 4-up postcard looks perfect when viewed. When printed the top, rt side and bottom are cut off a bit. What can I do? First of all, give the Publisher version and Windows version you are using. The printer type also helps. Margins are set by your printer...ink jet printers can't print all the way to the edge of the paper. You need to find out your limitations and set up your document within those limitations. Draw a line from top to bottom and another from side to side, all the way across the page. Print the page, and then see where the lines stop. Melissa "Stan the man" &l...

Identified problem printing graphics #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Well Can anyone explain this latest miserable problem with MS Word 2008? When I print a large document to my HP 6MP printer, the document prints fine BUT ONLY WHEN I PRINT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. The instant I print only a range of pages, it matters not if I start from the front or not, the graphics in the document do NOT print - even if they were generated by Word. Frankly I am sick with Microsoft's foisting off problematic software on us -- I only wish there were a real alternative choice! The real problem is that ...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Print BCC fiend from Outlook 2007
Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... Tks Screen capture. zzMHUME wrote: > Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... > > Tks > > Other then Screen Capture... I see in Outlook 2003 you can do something in "Design Form Field" but does not have the same stuff in Outlook 2007... tks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%234ilCgceKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Screen capture. > > zzMHUME wrote: > >> Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... >> >> Tks >> >>...

How do I import a publisher calendar into another publisher file?
I have a monthly calendar created in a Publisher file separate from an eight page Publisher monthly document. I want to include the calendar in the 8 page newsletter. How do I do it? John2044 Copy and paste ...

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

Publisher 2003 #26
I have just had a new version of Publisher installed on my computer (Publisher2003) and when I opened my newsletter I do not have the pictures that I inserted into the newsletter. When I printed the page the pictures were there, but still not shown on the computer version. What should I do so I can see these pictures on my document? View, pictures, detailed display -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jubilee" <Jubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0697D37C-863F-42A9-B65B-EF36115...

Microsoft publisher 2002 Error 1706
I have a error message 1706 from msi installer that says: Set up cannot find the requested files office10\1033\setup.hlp Anybody knows anything about this?Is it possible to do some registry key modification to get rid of this error message box? Thanks in advance. OFFXP: "Error 1706...", "Installation Ended Prematurely..." When You Try to Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298021 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ben" <benS21@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69919abe.0307121025.3ff904...

Can't paste into publisher from outside program?
Good morning! I've been having difficulty accessing pages here and don't have much more time. Thank you for your patience if this has been answered. I can't copy text from my ASCII text developer program and paste it into publisher 2007. It copies to the windows clipboard, it pastes into Word and other programs, but publisher doesn't recognize it. Is this a setting somewhere I can change? Thankyou VERY much for your help. Have you tried *paste special*? Maybe pasting into WordPad, then Publisher will work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lauraparis" &...

Using old templates from Publisher 97
Hi, A few years ago I used Publisher 97 and created a Raffle Ticket and also an event ticket using Mail Merge to automatically number the tickets from an Excel Document I made. Now I have Publisher 2002 on my computer and it seems to be so much more professional and doesn't have many of the templates that I used to use in "Specialty Items", such as, Bookmarks, Gift Tags, Door Hanger, Raffle Ticket, etc. I was wondering if it is possible to get these templates in my new Publisher 2002, if not, is it possible to have both versions on my computer so I can use the specialty...

Post Card Mail Merge in Publisher
I am trying to mail merge the 4 view postcard with my database flowing into each card without using the same name in each postcard. How do I connect the Mail merge so that I may print my entire data base? Sherri how about you tell us which version of Windows and Publisher you are using!!! -- ...

publisher 2000 photo editing
I have a bmp file inserted in to a Publisher 2000 document. I want to lighten the entire photo so it is just a background with words on the top of it. I can't find any contrast or watermark or anything like that in my software. Everything changes it to a lighter shade of just one color. I want to keep all the colors, just make the entire image really light. Did you try using a photo editor first? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "stitchesbymindy" <stitchesbymindy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can not paste in Publisher if IE browser is open
If we copy an image from the Internet, Publisher will not allow you to paste it into your document until you close the browser. Happens in Win 2K and Win XP, IE 6 & IE 7, using Publisher 2003. We get the following error: "The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again." Once we close the browser we can paste with no problem. We can also paste into Word with the browser still open. Any idea why this is happening? -- Kirs...

Publisher question
Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can go to File > Save As and select TIFF or JPEG format. Publisher 2000 or earlier you will need a third-party app like FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or SnagIt (www.techsmith.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to > utter: > &...