Publisher and Vista

Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I
have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I already have
this on my laptop so 2 questions here:
1. can i load Publisher 2002 onto my new PC (it's 64 bit)
2. and if so, can i use Publisher on 2 (or 3) different computers?

Thanks in advance!!

--
"A place for everything and everything in it''''s place"
0

lisalou wrote:
> Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I
> have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I already have
> this on my laptop so 2 questions here:
> 1. can i load Publisher 2002 onto my new PC (it's 64 bit)

You should be able to.

> 2. and if so, can i use Publisher on 2 (or 3) different computers?

You are licensed to use Publisher on one desktop computer and one
portable computer, provided that they are not in use simultaneously.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> lisalou wrote:
> > Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I
> > have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I already have
> > this on my laptop so 2 questions here:
> > 1. can i load Publisher 2002 onto my new PC (it's 64 bit)
>
> You should be able to.
>
> > 2. and if so, can i use Publisher on 2 (or 3) different computers?
>
> You are licensed to use Publisher on one desktop computer and one
> portable computer, provided that they are not in use simultaneously.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
lisalou (3)
9/9/2008 11:32:01 PM
and Ed, i like your "predictable" cartoon-funny
--

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> lisalou wrote:
> > Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I
> > have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I already have
> > this on my laptop so 2 questions here:
> > 1. can i load Publisher 2002 onto my new PC (it's 64 bit)
>
> You should be able to.
>
> > 2. and if so, can i use Publisher on 2 (or 3) different computers?
>
> You are licensed to use Publisher on one desktop computer and one
> portable computer, provided that they are not in use simultaneously.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
lisalou (3)

Publisher 2003 Audio Upload
I have a audio track that is recorded as an mp3 and plays in windows media player. When I import it into publisher and transfer it to the audio track, the track sounds like it plays at a much higher speed and you hear really high pitched voices like you are fast forwarding a tape player. The audio is 36 minutes long and appears that long on the timeline. When I play the audio to preview it before pasting it on the timeline, the timing is normal and the voices sound fine. I am trying to create a audio background to a slide presentation and I can't get past this problem. Any idea...

Publisher file type #2
Am running Publisher 2000 and tried to open a file created on Publisher 2003 and "Saved as> Publisher2000". I still get the "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" message. The file is a .pub file - does that mean it is still in Publisher 2003 format? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and under options, disable "office plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jon Hill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Are Different Versions of Publisher Compatable?
A lot of my clients use Publisher and I've been considering purchasing a copy to make working with them easier. However, I've been told that different versions of Publisher aren't compatible with each other. If I buy the latest version of Publisher, will I be able to open up files that are made in previous versions of the program? Thanks, Randy Publisher 2002 and 03 are backward compatible. You will be able to open all versions with the exception of 1.0 and maybe 2.0. You also would have the ability to save as 2000 and 98. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Embedding Video in Publisher
Is it possible to embed a video, regardless of medium, into a web page using Publisher '07 ? Mike D wrote: > Is it possible to embed a video, regardless of medium, into a web > page using Publisher '07 ? =================================== You may have better luck finding a solution if you post your question in the following newsgroup: "Publisher Web Design" http://tinyurl.com/5l7mb5 or... http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US BTW, be sure to include your MS Publisher version and...

Vista and microsoft publisher 2002
Hi, Can anyone tell me if I can use Microsoft publisher 98 or 2002 with Vista without any compatibility problems? Thanks! I use them both with Vista, you may have Clip Gallery problems. I'm not sure if Office 2007 broke the Gallery or the Office 2007 Beta broke the Gallery. It certainly wasn't Vista since I installed Vista after I installed Office. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "volleyvet10" <volleyvet10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F722F438-0EFD-4BCF-8A64-C20502E6ECC0@...

publisher 2002 and printing
i want to print an 8 page booklet on 11x17 paper. when i go to print preview and view pages 1&8 they print out justfine. when i select pages 2&7 and hit print , pages 1&8 print out. i have a hp1220c printer, unfortunately at this time hp doesnt have a driver for xp for the toolbox. when i had publisher 98 and the hp toolbox i could print this very easily. i also cannot change the order pages to print, the toobar icon in print preview, says change orderof pages, when i click on it nothing can be changed on the window that opens other than the 3 formats that are allowable. Help...

My images won't publish on my webpages
I have created a website and the images and background graphic on the banner don't show up. I've read the other posts on this and tried to fix the problem but I can't see what it is. The address is aquafirma.com.au. thanks so much. It looks like you may be using a master page which does not work correctly in a Publisher web publication. Move all the content off the master. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign Please include the version of Publisher you are using, the...

Is there a way to copy text from a published knowledgebase article?
Hello, This is a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Our helpdesk quite often needs to pass on instructions from the knowledgebase to our people in the field. However, once a knowledgebase article has been published, copying of text from it is disabled. Is there a way to enable that feature? Sorry, if this is a basic question, but I've googled this quite extensively and I've searched through the manuals without any results. Thank you for any replies. Pete ------=_NextPart_0001_00C5BA0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Pete~ I am a...

Can PUblisher 2003 send email using Office 2002?
I have Office 2002 and am trying to send a Publisher 2003 doc as an email. The file menu/send email doesn't have "send this page as email". It only gives "send as attachment" option. Embla5 <Embla5@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have Office 2002 and am trying to send a Publisher 2003 doc as an > email. The file menu/send email doesn't have "send this page as > email". It only gives "send as attachment" option. Publisher 2003 requires Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6 to be the default email ...

Error KB978506 when updaiting my Vista
Hello, I use Windows Vista Business SP2. I have problems with IE8 when I start Windows Update. It warns me that I have 2 important updates that cannot be instaled. Hi Livia, Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated websites list from Microsoft" Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c46fbe33-a494-472d-980f-f5de6a37d5a6 and install the update manually.... Brief Description This update helps make websites designed for older browsers look better in Internet Explorer 8. To take advantage of this upda...

Verification of word 2007 on vista
i got the hp model G60-114EA, and word 2007 will not function because i need a verification key, the problem is, i have no idea where to find the key It will be on a yellow or orange sticker on the case containing the Word/Office CD. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TKDAndyC1" <TKDAndyC1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A660214-2E80-489A-9330-690BCF85F16A@microsoft.com... >i got the hp model G60-114EA, and word 2007 will not function because i >need > a verif...

Cannot get VBA modifications to show up under Vista
I have a dynamics.vba file that contains VBA code for customizations on a Vista Business edition machine. For some reason, the vba "dot" doesn't appear on any of the specialized forms, even though the vba file is present in the subdirectory. If I log into the machine as Administrator, the dot shows up. I've added the user in qeustion to the local Administrator's group on the machine, and given her ownership of the entire GP folder, yet she cannot get it enabled. The only other option seems to be adding her usernamer to Domain administrator, but that is an absolute la...

Can one Force Publisher 2003 to default save in Publisher 2000 for
Hi. We work with Office 2000 and XP. We don´t plan to deploy Office 2003 on corporate basis. Some new people though have Office 2003 - and there are more to come. Problem: Som work with Publisher 2000 or 2002 Others work with Publisher 2003. We can´t force people to use the "Save As" work around - to solve the document compatibility issue between the versions - they simply forget! Question: Is it possible to install the Publisher 2003, and force it always to Use the Publisher 2000 format, working with documents. (change some registry settings i.e...) -> so people do...

publisher bg not printing
when i designed a brochure in publisher the back ground does not print. I tried it on my own pritner as well as at a commercial print/copy place. what is the problem? thanks for any suggestions. Did you start with one of the Paper Direct templates? If so, they won't print. they are images of paper that you can purchase and the images are there so that you can design around the graphics. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "kindness" <kindness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540D...

received office 2003 after publisher
I already have Publisher 2003 installed. I now have Office Professional Edition 2003. I have not yet installed the Office Professional. The version I have of Office Professional is not upgradable, but the Publisher 2003 is upgradable. My question is, if I install Office Professional 2003 will it override Publisher 2003 and eliminate my opportunities to update Publisher 2003 in the future. Or should I uninstall Publisher 2003, then install Office Professional, then reinstall Publisher 2003. I should not have to pay Microsoft to answer a simple question like this. -- Lisa F You'll b...

Printing multiple duplex copies with Publisher 2003
I have a user printing from PUblisher 2003 (with Windows XP SP2) to an HP 5500 dtn network printer. When she tries to print multiple copies in duplex mode it only prints one copy no matter how many copies she asks for. Another user printing the same file from Publisher 2002 to the same printer can print multiple duplex copies- though this user has to go to the Basics tab to change the number of copies (the Number of copies option is greyed out in the Copies section of the Print window) . We have tried 3 different current HP drivers for the printer, PCL 5c, PCL6 (the one we normally use)...

template for avery 5371 in publisher?
i've created a business card in publisher and the only template i can find in their is one that has four cards down the middle of the page. Is there a template that works with the avery5371 business card and how do I get the card I created to transfer to the template In the page setup dialogue, click "change copies per sheet", input .75 side, .5 top, zero gaps. This will give you 10 cards which is the standard for Avery cards. If you have an earlier version of Publisher these options are available when you are ready to print. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

Publisher website won't load images in Mozilla, only in Explorer
Hello, I have been updating my Publisher-made website (www.softclothing.net) since March, and it has always worked on all browsers. My last attempt to update however somehow made it so my site now only loads proberly in Explorer, not mozilla (not sure about other browsers) any suggestions? Please repost in the web group: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will help you there. And when you do, please be a bit more specific...which version of Publisher, what is not loading correctly, etc. In the meantime, go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck "Rely on VML...&q...

Phantom Mcafee Firewall after Updates to Vista 32 Bit Home Premium
Hi, I just installed a whole slew of updates for Vista 32 Bit Home Premium. Now I cannot access internet with my Zone Alarm suite enabled because windows claims Mcafee Firewall is also running. I have no currently installed McAfee components or products. I uninstalled the free versions that came preloaded on the laptop 2 years ago. How can I disable McAfee firewal when I do not even have it? Thanks. Hello Paul, Use the McAfee removal tool. McAfee Removal Tools/Instructions http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=71943 -=- "Paul F." wrote: ...

Problem with Published Customizations
We have CRM 1.0 and, for the most part it works great. We have some jscript added to 2 of the onchange events which usually works fine. And all of our user logons usually work fine. However, when we make any customizations, even as simple as moving a field up a row on a form, then publish the change, AND reset IIS, we run into problems: ALL Logons that are not System Admins cannot "browse" thru CRM AND the jscript program quits working. After numerous restarts and IIS resets, EVERYTHING works fine again. Can anyone explain? We shouldn't have this problem, should we?...

Publisher
I have a mysterious situation that I need some help on, please. I have a client who has a 6 employee office. The network is straightforward, a workgroup with good practice sharing and permissions. Nothing locked down or complex. Everyone in the office contributes to a newsletter which resides on a server network share. Everyone has read/write rights to the share. One guy, lets call him Bob can open the newsletter, can save it to the share as another name but cannot save it as the original name. Publisher/Windows tells him it is read only. No one else experiences this problem. Let me ...

How do I print a single label rather in Publisher?
I don't want to print an entire page of the same label and only need one customized label. Is there any way to do this in Publisher? >-----Original Message----- >I don't want to print an entire page of the same label and only need one >customized label. Is there any way to do this in Publisher? >. > Works great in Word. Instead of using a template, here are a couple of other ways. Start with a blank page. Make a frame the size of the label and position it so it corresponds to the label position on the sheet. or Start with a blank page. Make a table with the sam...

Gneral Publisher Question
I am writting a book using MS Word. I believe Publisher would be a better software choice, especially since I have lots of pictures to insert within text. Is Publisher a better choice? Can I open my MS Word file with Publisher? I believe both Publisher and Word are both excellent programs for writing a book. However, if you intend to use a lot of pictures with text wrap, I would recommend Publisher over Word. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I am writting a book using MS Word. I believe Publisher >would be a better s...

In Publisher, why is the hyphenation feature "grayed-out."
After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus unavailable for my use. Anyone know why? KSF <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus > unavailable for my use. Anyone know why? Do you have some text selected? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Do you have the cursor in a text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KSF" <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...