Publisher and PDF help...

I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer
and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around
that anybody knows of.

Thanks in advance...
0
neal (33)

While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a
message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written:
> I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one
> computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or
> some work around that anybody knows of.

a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and distill it on the PC with
Acrobat
b) Network the two PCs and print across the LAN to Acrobat
c) Install Publisher on the other machine but do not activate it, and print
from that.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6343)
11/11/2004 9:09:21 PM
Specifically what are you trying to do? (No, there is no viewer.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one
>computer
> and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work
> around
> that anybody knows of.
>
> Thanks in advance...

---

jl_amerson (3088)
11/11/2004 9:13:08 PM
Where would I find info on option B. I am not sure how that works. Thank you
very much for getting back to me.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a
> message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written:
> > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one
> > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or
> > some work around that anybody knows of.

> a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and distill it on the PC with
> Acrobat
> b) Network the two PCs and print across the LAN to Acrobat
> c) Install Publisher on the other machine but do not activate it, and print
> from that.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
neal (33)
11/11/2004 9:29:08 PM
 Sorry I mean to say how do I find info on option C: PostScript file from

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Specifically what are you trying to do? (No, there is no viewer.)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one
> >computer
> > and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work
> > around
> > that anybody knows of.
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
>

> ---

neal (33)
11/11/2004 10:07:16 PM
While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a
message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written:
> Where would I find info on option B. I am not sure how that works.

It seems the one letter you didn't say is the option you were after.

Option A: Creating a PostScript file and distilling in Acrobat
Install the Adobe Generic PostScript Driver from www.adobe.com
If possible, download the Acrobat Distiller PPD with that, failing that use
a generic one.
Once that's installed, go to File > Print, select the printer you installed,
and select Print To File.
Click OK, and select a location for your PostScript file (these can be BIG
files, so make sure you have enough disk space), name the file with
extension ".ps".
Copy the file to the PC that has Acrobat, and open Acrobat Distiller.  Open
the PostScript file in Distiller and wait for Distiller to generate a PDF

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6343)

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

Publisher error #3
I was working on a 36 page publication in publisher. I went to print the document and the printer progress showed 103% done, and while looking at the print out there were 3 pages that publisher didn't print out. After that, I attempted to open the file again to see what happened becuase it froze after saying 103% printed as well. I wasn't able to open the file at all. I forget the error that it gave me, but I lost the entire document. My saves periodically so we had a back up but when i was working with the back up, the same problem happened to me again and I wasn't ...

Print index cards from Publisher
How can I print a mail-merge Publisher document to print postcards 4 at a time on a single page ? Thanks for your reply. Set the page size to that of a single card. Use page setup and either select postcard from the menu or select a custom size and input the dimensions. Then when printing, select 'change copies per sheet' and click on 'print multiple copies per sheet'. -- Ron Cohen "Vinit" <Vinit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CFC48-1598-436F-B767-CA297CF59231@microsoft.com... > How can I print a mail-merge Publisher document to p...

Office 2003 how to load Publisher?
I downloaded Word and Excel from the Office 2003 Student and teacher Edition CD and did not download Publisher. I now wish to do so but when I choose add a programme Publisher is not listed. How do I download Publisher? Blair Publisher is not included in your version of Office. Sorry about that. You will have to purchase Publisher as a standalone. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message news:OlNW2WyAGHA.3352@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I downloaded Word and Excel ...

Publisher, SEND button --WEBBOT-SELF--
I have put an order page in my site. I publish it to my host. The send button is set to email the page to my email address. I do not use Outlook and could never be sure if my customers would use this product. But I keep getting errors that say that it can't find the file ............./--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site. I can't find anything in the help files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it. Help! What's the URL to your site and page with the form? Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very often the email address mu...

How to bar code in a document in Publisher 2003?
Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and will be stuffed into a window envelope. Lisa wrote: > Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a > Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not > an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and > will be stuffed into a window envelope. http://ed.mvps.org/Static....

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Reinstalling publisher with product key only
I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key code which i had luckily saved on my external hardrive. Can I reinstall publisher somehow without having to re purchase it?? how and where? cause so far i am getting nowhere.. thank you. You need the CD containing the program. Otherwise, how are you going to install it? Craig nikki wrote: >I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought >publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key co...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...