Publisher and image formats #2

My client is a publisher user.
I have created an illustration for him scanned/prepped in Photoshop.
He wants to receive the image with no background. Can he place an EPS file?
Or a photoshop file with embedded channel or clipping path? Does Publisher
have something like Runarounds?

 Thanks for suggestions,
Lost in your world.
0
carli007 (2)

carli007 <carli007@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I have created an illustration for him scanned/prepped in Photoshop.
> He wants to receive the image with no background. Can he place an EPS
> file?

Yes, and when printed to a PostScript printer or printer driver (e.g. a PDF
driver), the transparency should be preserved.

> Or a photoshop file with embedded channel or clipping path?

Nope.  Publisher can place a PNG file with an alpha channel, and the
transparency will appear correctly on-screen.  No guarantees about printing,
however.

> Does Publisher have something like Runarounds?

I have no idea what Runarounds is/are, so I don't know.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

Multiple Condition Formatting
Hi, Can anyone help me on this: =IF(AND(F65<>0,G59="SELECT CUSTOMER"),APPLY FORMATTING, DON'T APPLY FORMATTING) I have been exploring the Conditional Formatting in 2007 and I may be wrong but I don't see a way to set a condition whereby two(2) logical conditions must be met for it to apply the formatting. Any ideas?? http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002980_Conditional_Formats_that_Distinguish_Blanks_and_Zeroes.html This could easily be applied to other conditions. Mike "Gerard Sanchez" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me on this: > ...

Publisher can't see my printer
I've been trying to print something out in publisher for ages but it keeps telling me that a printer hasnt been installed on the system. Ive tried to set my printer as the default printer in the printers and faxes file but the tick wont come up when i select it. Could that be the problem? someone suggested a new driver for the printer but its no the printer that has the problem its publisher. Thanks for any help. ChickyBerry <ChickyBerry@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been trying to print something out in publisher for ages but it >...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

multiple colors on format of plot area
How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. for example I would like to have a Bar Chart with the background plot area starting @ blue , then Green, then Red. Then have the temperature bars plot over this area. thanks You can do so by bringing a stacked column chart into the mix. Please see Jon's example below: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "BillO" wrote: > How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. > > for example I would like to have a ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Conditional Formatting with UsedRange Property for each Worksheet
I am getting an error indicated below in my code (Application-defined or object-defined Error, Run-Time Error '1004'). I want to have a bottome border line every 5 lines. Can someone explain to me why this portion of code will not work? Huge THANKS in advanced!!! Sub JobTracker1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Call shUnProtect RowCount = 3 With Sheets("Archive") Do While .Range("L" & RowCount) <> "" myMonth = Format(.Range("L" & RowCount), "mmmm") Application.StatusBar = "Moving Sa...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

Conditional Formatting #49
Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on the value of a particular cell? Let's say you want to change the formatting of row 2 if A1 is greater than 10: 1. Select row 2. 2. Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Formula Is and enter: =$A1>10 4. Format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a >row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on >the value of a particular cell? >. > ...

images emailed as a slide show
Created a greeting card in picture manger. Would like to email it in outlook 2007 as a slide show so that the viewer [Outlook 2003]sees the card and not the extraeous items such as toolbars, rulers, etc. Guidance sought Convert to .pdf. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "DC Consultant" <DCConsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E936B004-D7C1-4AAA-8DE1-62247A773154@microsoft.com... > Created a greeting card in picture manger. Would like to email it in > o...

Conditional formatting assistance
Hey all, I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction... I have a single sheet Excel document to which I want to apply some conditional formatting. Rows 1 and 2 are header information (date). Column 1 and 2 also display information that doesn't contain data (city). The sheet contains a list of broken items that I've fixed. When I've fixed the same thing twice, I want the cells containing that item to turn color. When it's entered a third time, turn a different color, and a fourth time, a final color. For example, I enter Chicago_washer_1 in cell C3. Thr...

how to setup quotionnaire format
please answer I'll take you mean questionaire == survey ? If so, have a look-see at Debra's page: http://www.contextures.com/xlForm01.html Excel -- Survey Form With Option Buttons (Techniques by Dave Peterson) There's 2 sample files you can download on the page -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Lalitbogra" wrote: > please answer Re: how to setup quotionnaire format ...

Format DatePart
I'm trying to extract the month name (not just the number) from a ChkDate field in a query. ChkDate is a Date/Time data type. I use a DatePart expression which works fine to pull the month number. MonthNum: DatePart("m",[ChkDate]) But when I try to format that to get MonthName, it return Jan for any non- January month and Dec for any January month in ChkDate. Curious. Here's what I'm trying, and I can't see what's wrong according to syntax in help for Format and DatePart. Any ideas? MonthName: Format(DatePart("m",[ChkDate]),"mmm") Than...

Need to Load Publisher
I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had the CD Key Value. I have anew computer and just needs the functionality of Publisher 98. How can I get the 11-disgit key value? I have a valid product ID when I loded the software on the old computer Help?? MIke http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:027d01c3c...

New check format
I modified a copy of current check report, and trying to use this new format when I print a check. However, GP system didn't pick up the new format. What should I do to make them recognize each other? Thank you so much, Sophie Sophie, If you modified an existing check layout, you want to make sure to give users access to the modified check via Advanced Security or Security, depending on what your company uses. If the reports.dic is local and more than one user needs to use the modified check, you'll need to make sure each local reports.dic gets the modified check. Hope thi...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Preserve format in pivot table
I have a pivot table where I formated the numbers using the "accounting" format. When I refresh the table, it goes back to the "general" format. How do I keep the "accounting" format when I refresh? Thanks Things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Depending on your version of Excel, you ...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

Conditional Formating Absolute Minimums
Howdy, I am trying to CF each row of a table that contains several columns. I want to highlight the number that is closest to zero. I have the following formula: =B2=MIN(ABS($B2:$D2)) and it partially works. If the minimum number is greater than zero the formatting happens, if the minimum number is less than zero, or negative, then no formatting happens. I have also tried =b2=min(abs($b2),abs($c2),abs($d2)) with the same result. Any suggestions? Regards Try: =ABS(B2)=MIN(IF($B2:$D2<>0,ABS($B2:$D2))) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Howdy, > >I am ...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

Comprimming photos in Publisher Office 2003
I made all the steps described at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011266301033.aspx, additional downloaded SP2, but icon compress picture doesn´t appear in the toolbar, what to do to optimize pics for publishing website? Pls help, tks. Right-click a toolbar, click customize, commands tab, select picture, scroll down on the right to the compress picture icon, drag it to the picture toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dsauer" <dsauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...