publisher 97 #8

I have installed MS Publisher 97 on my machine running
Windows ME but every time I try to run the program I get
the following error message -
"Can't load Custom Control
DLL.'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSPUBG40.VBX" and the program locks
up. I have tried repairing the program in Add and Remove
programs in control panel and have unistalled it and
reinstalled it - all without success. Is there a way to
overcome this problem?
1
rasandy77 (2)

Rename the MSPUBG40.VBX to MSPUBG40.old and drag a new instance from your CD. Be sure
the file is in the c:\windows\system folder. If the VBX file is damaged on your CD as
well you can download it here:
http://wolfren.bravepages.com/VBX5.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bob" <rasandy77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have installed MS Publisher 97 on my machine running
> Windows ME but every time I try to run the program I get
> the following error message -
> "Can't load Custom Control
> DLL.'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSPUBG40.VBX" and the program locks
> up. I have tried repairing the program in Add and Remove
> programs in control panel and have unistalled it and
> reinstalled it - all without success. Is there a way to
> overcome this problem?

0
laserdog (1122)

Word template into Publisher
I downloaded a e-mail newsletter template for Word into word and really like the format. I've tried cutting and pasting it into Publisher but it doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks. Bill Hi Bill Rush (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I downloaded a e-mail newsletter template for Word into || word and really like the format. I've tried cutting and || pasting it into Publisher but it doesn't work. Any || ideas? Thanks. Bill Copy/Paste, Drag and Drop or in Publisher go to File > Import Word Document or recreate from scratch. -- ...

different layouts on pages in publisher
I am using publisher to make web pages in a 7th grade science classroom. All students have a laptop and are creating several pages. They will be joining their work for one website. Is there an easy way to merge publications? For example, insert a page from another document? Is there an easy way to allow the different layouts to be integrated without loosing the styles each student has chosen. I have tried several ways and it always seems to modify something when I try to paste in the data. ...

8869 in publisher
How do I use avery templae 8869 in publisher 8869 are business cards, 8 cards per sheet. What version Publisher are you using? Publisher 2003 and below... Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type .5 side, .75 top, .5 Horizontal Gap, .5 Vertical Gap. In Publisher 2007, use an Avery business card setup, scroll down to 8869. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ram rod sc" <ram rod sc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05365157-178C-424B-B30E-2CBD6375D47B@microsoft.com...

Publisher Drawing, I'm Back
If I am using Windows XP, and wish to purchase Publisher 2003 because of its, 'Escher Shared Drawing Tools from the rest of Office', should I also consider getting a new version of Office? I am currently using Office 2000 Small Business. If so, what version is recommended? I currently use Word, Excel, and Outlook Explorer that all come as part of my current Office Package. I hope the group will be gracious enough to forgive my sniveling of yesterday. re. (Publisher & MS drawing Tools, Dec 31, 03 6:19PM) I do agree with Epona's constructive reply to my post. I wish to so...

recipient policy #8
Exchange 2003 sp2 - one org - two administrative groups. we have a recipient policy created with xxx.com set as the primary. No problems with any mail being sent. On the first admin group another site/server was added - now this server resides in canada and the admin there wants to keep everything seperate from my US site but he resides in my administrative group. He set a recipient policy that contained the xxx.com but set his ABC.com as the primary. I argued with him that he did not need the xxx.com since it was already there, but he did it anyway because he figured he will be s...

How can I format phone numbers in Publisher?
My data was entered in Access using an input mask. When merged in Publisher, the mask is not preserved. (___)___-____ is the mask. The data comes out like: 0000000000 From article : "xrayjohn" <xrayjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537B4A3E-4A89-49A6-B81E-EDC310204259@microsoft.com... > My data was entered in Access using an input mask. When merged in > Publisher, > the mask is not preserved. (___)___-____ is the mask. The data comes out > like: 0000000000 From article 212702 PUB2000: Date and Number Formats Change During Mail Me...

Can I see a 3 page view in Publisher?
I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each side. Is it possible to do this in Publisher? Sure you can do it. What stock size do you have in mind? Do you plan to have two folds, much like a brochure? When you setup a newsletter like this, whatever is on the right on the front will be on the left on the back. In other words if the newsletter is 1 - 2 - 3 , when you turn the page over to print the back should be 4 - 5 - 6. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KM" <KM@discussi...

Backup #8
There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary The MS OL backup addin is fine, and free. There are numerous backup apps available from shareware sites, for other data "Gary Boyer" <gboyer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:Csg6d.24077$uk1.5415@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > Ther...

Lost OEM number for Publisher 98
Hi, I have a copy of Publisher 98 that is mine, and it's OEM. I reformatted my computer and did not even think about having the COA with that number on it. I haven't seen it in years :( Does anyone know how I can get a new one? I've checked into a lot of the support options for people who have either the full verision, or the program still on their computer so they can pull up some info from the registry - but I have neither. Thanks! The official word is to contact your computer manufacturer's tech support but I can tell you that there's a 99% chance they will ...

Error 451 4.1.8
Recently our domain hosting was changed and was never relayed to the IT Dept. The person who set up the Exchange server is not available. Now we have a problem with some emails in queue only to one address. Also some people cannot send emails to us, they are rejected. I tried to get the company who hosted our domain to tell me the MX records but no help from them. My new MX record is mail.greenford.com and 199.72.155.18. The error is <armphotos@phh.com> 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address moliver@greenford.com does not resolve. Any help would be great, I am not an exchange guru....

Office Publisher
I can see my photo along the clipart and font on print preview and on the print screen but it doesn't print, how can I get it to print? "DoodleBug" wrote: > I can see my photo along the clipart and font on print preview and on the > print screen but the photo doesn't print, how can I get it to print? Look at the Advanced print settings options on the print page, be certain you have Print full-resolution linked graphics enabled. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "DoodleBug" <DoodleBug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Publisher 2003 improperly references files in a web publication
When I publish to the web, all references are complete paths pointing to the local hard drive. I con't copy this to a web server. How do I change this behavior. This worked properly in Publisher 2000. In the future please make use of the correct forum for the subject matter, in this case that would be microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - you will find tons of info in our forum to help you. You would find several threads on your topic in our forum to assist you. 2002/2003 do not include external files in the publish. This is also documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. http://...

How to send Publisher doc as email atchmnt w/out lines/design opt
I can create a newsletter in Publisher, but when I send it out as an email attachment, it retains all the dotted lines and design options. In other words, when receipients open the attachment, instead of seeing a clean newsletter that they can just read, they get it as if they were going to play around with the design of it. They get the options dialog box on the left side of the screen, they get the document with perforated-looking lines seperating each image or text box. I just want them to get a newsletter as if it were a MSWord attachment or a print copy they were looking at. An...

How to Find Status Bar in Publisher 2007
In Microsoft Publisher 2007 how do I make the status bar appear at the bottom of the screen? At the moment I have to go to edit, then "go to page" Please help bq40 wrote: > In Microsoft Publisher 2007 how do I make the status bar appear at > the bottom of the screen? > > At the moment I have to go to edit, then "go to page" > > Please help ================================== I have saved the following info from messages posted in this newsgroup...maybe it will be useful... =============== Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in P...

Home publishing 2000 support
Everytime I try and install Home Publishing 2000.....it goes half the way of the installation and then asks to "Install set up disk". I have already installed the product into one of my home computer and it installed fine. My computer has Win XP home and have already checked with the Disk and it does not show any abrasions. Do not know why it is behaving such....help. Sunairwater wrote: > Everytime I try and install Home Publishing 2000.....it goes half the > way of the installation and then asks to "Install set up disk". I > have already installed the product...

Publisher Trial
Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial? Jerry Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message news:%23PaWUXeQEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial? > > > Jerry > > Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micr...

IE 8 will not activate "some" links?
New machine with off the shelf Win Pro 7-64 and IE 8-32. Have let Win7 and IE 8 update themselves. IE 8 has been working fine 'till about three weeks ago. Problem; Will not activate "some" links on web pages. On this site I could NOT activate the "new question" and am posting this from another machine nor could I reply to a message. ( and yes I was signed in ,yes I allowed pop-ups) I was unable to open several links on a Microsoft page but I could open others. Sometimes when I try to "activate" a link I get a message in the lower left of the wi...

Removing Links in a workbook (Excel 97)
The below is probably not put in the best way. Apologies in advance. I created a new workbook and copied into it worksheets from a main workbook one at a time to adapt the workbook for a slightly different purpose (by right-clicking on a worksheet then going 'copy' then to 'new book'). I have since spent a long time adapting it. However, it keeps coming up with the warning that it has links to the original main workbook and do I want to update them. However, I do want to make the new workbook indepedent. So I: i) remove / change any 'Names' references to the new workbo...

Publisher & IE6
Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE. I published to the web thru my hosting site. I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory( www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc). Some people have complained that the link isn't there. I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on her machine. For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there. It looks like reg text. The only common thread is I have IE8 at home. So does the neighbor that can link to the doc. I have IE6 at work. Is this just coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 ...

How to save an 8-bit grayscale JPEG image?
Hi, I have a problem with saving JPEG images in 8-bit indexed pixel format. When I save a bitmap in any other format (gif, tiff, png, bmp) everything works ok, but for some reason it doesn't work on JPEGs... This is the code I use for saving bitmaps: MemoryStream mss = new MemoryStream(); FileStream fs = new FileStream(filepath, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite); if (format == ImageFormat.Jpeg) { ImageCodecInfo[] codecs = ImageCodecInfo.GetImageEncoders(); ImageCodecInfo ici = null; foreach (I...

Code for 7.5 and 8.0
Is it possible in only one dictionary to add menus for both 7.5 and 8.0? Hi Cesar I answered this is your previous post. I suppose it is possible to include both navigation methods, but you would need to identify the version before registering your triggers etc. However, this is really not recommended. You should be building your customisations based on the Dynamics.dic from the same version and build as being used in your live system and you should be using the same Dexterity version and build as the runtime version in your live system. If you have a global constant with your ver...

minor problem with explorer 8.
I recently installed explorer 8. I personally use explorer all these years and besides of some frequent crashes, I have no other problem with it. But I figured out something in the new explorer that can change in my opinion. In the old explorer you couldnt delete a link from your adress bar. With the new one there is the "x" button and by pressing it you can instantly delete any link from the adress bar. I think that is something that the browser needed to have but theres a minor problem with it. I cant post a screen to show you exactly but I hope you understand me. So he...

Calendars in Publisher
Is there a way to globally add U.S. Holidays into a calendar in publisher and can I update it annually saving with a new file name so that I never have to change dates or events again? This is not an option in Microsoft Publisher. You would need to use a program such as Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Works Calendar. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to globally add U.S. Holidays into a >calendar in publisher and can I update it annually saving >with a new file name so that I never have to change da...

Access 2000 - Access 97
Current making a DB in Access 2000. The powers that be now want more people to have access to it, most of whom have Access 97 rather than 2k. I was already thinking of splitting the DB, resulting in a front and back end. I see only 2 routes open to me, 1. Convert whole thing to Access 97 / Start again in Access 97 and everyone use that. 2. Split the DB and convert the front end to 97, resulting in 2 frontends and 1 backend. Anyone had this problem or have any comments please reply, as i'm getting conflicting views from different people Cheers! HB That's what I thought, Cheers! ...

Why is Publisher deciding to add new styles I have not created?
I am copying text from Word 2007 to Publisher 2007. Publisher is deciding to create new styles based on what I am copying in. I don't WANT new styles. I want to take all the stuff I have, leave it AS IT IS, and apply the styles I have created in Publisher. My god, this is aggravating! The behavior displayed (keeping the source format) is more or less what happens during a copy/paste operation between any two MS Office apps when you use the default paste command. You need to experiment with "Paste Special", rather than just doing an automatic paste; you with see v...