Publisher #24

I installed Publisher 2003 on my desk computer and my laptop.  Desk computer
crashed.  Now I am trying to reinstall, but sign says I can't because I've
already used all my installations.  What can I do?
0
Penny (33)

Call in your activation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Publisher 2003 on my desk computer and my laptop.  Desk
>computer
> crashed.  Now I am trying to reinstall, but sign says I can't because I've
> already used all my installations.  What can I do?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/4/2004 9:18:57 PM
Penny wrote:
> I installed Publisher 2003 on my desk computer and my laptop.  Desk computer
> crashed.  Now I am trying to reinstall, but sign says I can't because I've
> already used all my installations.  What can I do?

Use the phone activation. When you call, let them know of your
circumstance, and they will give you a new activation key.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)

Publisher 2000 #24
I'm getting an illegal operation error when accessing a certain publisher file. All other are ok. And this particular file opens ok on any other station. It's Windows 98 2nd edition machine. The exact error reads MSPUB caused an illegal page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff7a388 Any herlp is greatly appreciated Thank you Mike Hi Michael Lando (mlando@ucss.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I'm getting an illegal operation error when accessing a || certain publisher file. All other are ok. And this || particular file opens ok on any other station. It's || ...

Publisher 2002 and Vista
I have Publisher 2002 which I had been using on my old xp machine along with the developer edition of Office XP. The Office XP installed with no problem. Publisher axxepts my key code but then cannot find a qualifying product. Any ideas? List of Qualifying Products for the FrontPage 2002 Upgrade The following is a list of the qualifying products for the FrontPage 2002 upgrade: . FrontPage version 1.1 . FrontPage 97 stand-alone . FrontPage 98 stand-alone . FrontPage 2000 stand-alone . Office 2000 Premium . Office 2000 Developer -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob...

Strnage Publisher 2003 fault
Hi, Here is a description of a fault I am experiencing with Publisher 2003 - clean install and fully patched on Windows XP Pro. You select a block of text and increase the text size ( ctrl + } ) as a word reaches the end of the text box rather than auto-hyphenate or go to the next line it 'wraps' letter by letter until the whole word is on the next line. Any suggestions? TIA, Bart. ...

Publisher 2000 & 2002
I have Publisher 2000 and am taking a class where the instructor is using 2002. I am not able to open his files because it's a different version. Is there a converter available or do I have to buy a new program? I spent a lot of money on the Office Professional 2000 software since I needed Access for class. Will he be able to read any of my files if I use my 2000 software? Thank You! Either you will need the upgrade to Pub 2002 (or 2003) OR you can ask the instructor to do a "Save as Pub 2002". If the subject of the class is Publisher 2002, then you will need the soft...

Publisher 2007 & additional licenses
We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license for the 2nd machine? Barb wrote: > We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I > upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license > for the 2nd machine? If they are both full-version copies (i.e. the 2002 version isn't an upgrade from the 2000 version), then you can buy two upgrade packages to upgrade each to Publisher 2007. There is no discount for buying only one box and t...

97 Publisher
I have many business .pub created on an old computer in Publisher 97. Upon getting a new XP machine I installed Publisher 97 successfully, but cannot open files "from a previous version" This is the same program !!! Any help would be appreciated. Are you running Norton anti-virus on this new system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "RKlug" <RKlug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6E8CAE6-9CCD-43E7-8D51-768CAFAEF36C@microsoft.com... >I have many business .pub created on an old computer in Publisher 97. Upon > getting a new XP ma...

Set Clock to 24 Hour in CRM4
I have been tolf that it is not possible to have a 24 hour clock in CRM 4 ? I have 24 Hour clock in CRM 3 Can anyone help me with this please Time format is defined in Personal options and can be changed in CRM 4. Jukka Majander "LEZ Z1TECH" wrote: > I have been tolf that it is not possible to have a 24 hour clock in CRM 4 ? > > I have 24 Hour clock in CRM 3 > > Can anyone help me with this please ...

Print a Bible verse in Publisher?
I am trying to type a verse from the Bible that I could hang on the wall. I prefer a modern, sans-serif font. I have a trial edition of MS Publisher. Edith Short Your question has already been answered in detail, but you need to click the + sign next to your question (or expand all questions) in order to see them, which probably means that you won't see this response either. -- "EdithShort" <EdithShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66A780DF-D7A0-4B61-AF2E-BCB138BB59E2@microsoft.com... >I am trying to type a verse from the Bible that I could h...

copying a publisher doc. to a word doc
I created a christmas card in publisher and emailed it to a freind but she was unable to open it. So I want to know how to copy it to a word doc. as i have tried without success. please help Without knowing which version of Publisher you have............can you save the file as an .html? What about a .pdf? If neither of those is an option, copy and paste. You won't have the formatting you had in Publisher but that's the price you pay for using Publisher. Home Publishing is better suited for that task and will allow you to save the file as something you friend could open. What if you...

how to chart data spread over 24 hours a day and 7 days a week?
I have data regarding 10 items which are monitored 24hrs a day and 7 days a week. I want to chart them on a single chart where i can see and make decision on how each of them is used and can compare their relative use. I would be happy to see an example Thanks in advance. charter_SKR I have an example of charting real time process control data which sounds something like your data description. This line will let you access a workbook that uses a Stacked XY Trend Plot approach. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_stacked_XY_Charts.htm The example lets you pick the date period that y...

Lost Product Key on Publisher 98
I installed publisher on my home computer and now want to put it on my laptop for when I travel. My husband threw the lid away with the product code. I have limited functionality on my laptop. How do I get the product key. Who do I call? O how do I find it. If Publisher 98 is installed on your home computer, look at Help, About Microsoft Publisher 98. There is a series of numbers XXXXX-000-0000000-XXXXX Where the zeros are your product code. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "fibresbuyer" <fibresbuyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:954F3CBC-69E...

Is there a word-count function in Publisher?
I am trying to figure out how many words are in a 2 page article on our firm's newsletter? I know there is a word-count function in Word or WordPerfect, but I'm not familiar with MS Publisher2003... Jules@work wrote: > I am trying to figure out how many words are in a 2 page > article on our firm's newsletter? I know there is a > word-count function in Word or WordPerfect, but I'm not > familiar with MS Publisher2003... ============================== You can use Word to count the words in a Publisher 2003 text box. Search Pub2003 Help for..."Count"....

How do I regain access to Clipart in Publisher 2003?
Has anyone else had problems with Publisher 2003 losing access to clipart that was previously available within the programme. I seem to have lost access over the past couple of weeks. How do I overcome this problem? Graham Cross wrote: > Has anyone else had problems with Publisher 2003 losing access to > clipart that was previously available within the programme. I seem > to have lost access over the past couple of weeks. How do I overcome > this problem? Publisher 2003 has no (or minimal) clip art available "within the program". 99.99% of clipart available to 20...

Publisher #62
We have created a 9.5' banner in Publisher but cannot get it to print to one 8.5"x11" piece of paper for proofing purposes. How do we get the banner to compress to one page and not multiple pages? Could not find answer in HELP. Thanks for the info. I was afraid there was no solution in Publisher to accomplish this. Elaine "Mary Sauer" wrote: > The only workaround I can think of would be to print a screen capture from > print preview. > SnagIt is a good program for this. There is a trial download. > www.techsmith.com > > "elaine" ...

Publisher
Does the Compress Pictures tool work on ALL Publisher file types? (e.g., postcards, pamphlets, etc.) Thanks! ...

problem with publisher #2
Hello, Thanks for the info but I am not an expert with publisher so when you say set up your listings with a catalogue merge then on step 5 covert to a publication, What do you mean? I am not stupid but I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to do this. I am using publisher 2003 but can't see an icon for the catalogue merge, Where is it? Thanks Andy. Lots of help here as well as demos http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andyr2111&qu...

Any way to import Outlook appointments into a Publisher calendar?
I'm looking for a way to easily import Outlook appointments and events into a Publisher calendar. I've tried Calendar printing assistant for Outlook but find it not as flexible as I would like. This tutorial doesn't mention Publisher, but it could work: http://danielcurran.com/instructions/embedding-an-outlook-calendar-event-in-an-office-document/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "GZiemann" <GZiemann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:915307ED-B9BC-4EB4-B399-4076C1744225@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for a way to easily import Outl...

Unresponsive, slow to react, Publisher 2003
I'm trying to create a multi page document for print. So far it has been lost, I'm now rebuilding it, but the program take a verrrrrry long time to save new entries, saves every few minutes and becomes unresponsive after awhile, forcing me to close the program and restart. I've tried repairing it, debugging, running every fix-it I can think of, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right click My Computer, Properties, Tools, disconnect Network drive. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gypfuz...

How to uninstall Publisher 2003
I have recently upgraded two of my office computers from XP Home to XP Profesional. After the installation Publisher no longer shows up in the all programs list. When I try to reinstall it, it says "Uninstallation of the patch package is not supported". So I went into add/remove programs and there it shows up, but when i click remove it just blinks a couple times then doesn't do anything. Do you have any suggestions on what I should try next? You need to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error messag...

publisher 2002-media content
I have been using publisher2002 for some time now, but have never loaded the media content cd-rom that came with it. What are the extra facilities with this utility please. -- brevit Clipart -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "brevit" <brevit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21705949-4E40-4077-9819-053E05752306@microsoft.com... >I have been using publisher2002 for some time now, but have never loaded >the > media content cd-rom that came with it. What are the extra facilities with > this utility please. > -- > brevit Ho...

outlook and CRM 06-24-04
Is there any way to make this support other message types besides IPM.Note? Is there a registry hack of something, need to do this for a custom integration...any ideas would be helpful... ...

Publisher 2002 Fatal Exception
I am running publisher 2002 on a Windows 98 OS. Everytime I open a publisher file or start a new wizard, I get a fatal exception OE at 0167:BFF9DFFF Any ideas on this one? What Are Fatal Exception Errors http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;150314&Product=w98 Could be any number of things, bad memory, corrupt driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lauren Olsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9f01c4a659$2b88eaf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am run...

Publisher 2003 Graphics
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 as a stand alone program...at least I thought so! When I try to access any of the clip art from Publisher, it prompts me to enter the Office XP Media Content disk. I don't have one. I seem to be able to use the other features of the program. I looked all over the box the program came in and nowhere does it say that Office XP is a requirement. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks so much! Candy Pub 2003 comes with a minimal amount of clip art. The rest is accessed online. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "can...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage
Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...