Publisher 2007 Will Only Print Half of My Booklet

I created a 44 page booklet in Publisher 2007.  I finally got the printer set
up to print double sided and that works great!

The problem is that the whole middle of my booklet (pages 12-32) don't print
or even show up in print preview.  I have selected "print all".

Is there a limit to how many pages a booklet will print?

If I try to select the middle pages only it throws off the page count so the
booklet doesn't fold together properly.

Any suggestions?

You need to download the first service pack. This was a bug and was fixed. There
is a service pack two too.

The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a 44 page booklet in Publisher 2007.  I finally got the printer set
> up to print double sided and that works great!
>
> The problem is that the whole middle of my booklet (pages 12-32) don't print
> or even show up in print preview.  I have selected "print all".
>
> Is there a limit to how many pages a booklet will print?
>
> If I try to select the middle pages only it throws off the page count so the
> booklet doesn't fold together properly.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/11/2009 4:46:05 PM
Mary, thank you for the suggestion.

I downloaded the first service pack successfully. I restarted my computer
and opened my publication again.  In the interest of saving ink and paper I
checked the print preview before attempting to print and it was still showing
only the first and last few pages of the booklet.

I also had two failed attempts at downloading service pack two.

What should I try next?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You need to download the first service pack. This was a bug and was fixed. There
> is a service pack two too.
>
> The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a 44 page booklet in Publisher 2007.  I finally got the printer set
> > up to print double sided and that works great!
> >
> > The problem is that the whole middle of my booklet (pages 12-32) don't print
> > or even show up in print preview.  I have selected "print all".
> >
> > Is there a limit to how many pages a booklet will print?
> >
> > If I try to select the middle pages only it throws off the page count so the
> > booklet doesn't fold together properly.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

Save the download into a folder or on your desktop and then run... There is also
the possibility you won't be able to open your publications after you install
the service pack. There is a hotfix available.
Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp) June 30, 2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/

I wasn't sure which service pack fixed the print. You could save as a PDF to see
if your booklet will print correctly. Microsoft has a free save as PDF add-in.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
--

> Mary, thank you for the suggestion.
>
> I downloaded the first service pack successfully. I restarted my computer
> and opened my publication again.  In the interest of saving ink and paper I
> checked the print preview before attempting to print and it was still showing
> only the first and last few pages of the booklet.
>
> I also had two failed attempts at downloading service pack two.
>
> What should I try next?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You need to download the first service pack. This was a bug and was fixed.
>> There
>> is a service pack two too.
>>
>> The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a 44 page booklet in Publisher 2007.  I finally got the printer
>> >set
>> > up to print double sided and that works great!
>> >
>> > The problem is that the whole middle of my booklet (pages 12-32) don't
>> > print
>> > or even show up in print preview.  I have selected "print all".
>> >
>> > Is there a limit to how many pages a booklet will print?
>> >
>> > If I try to select the middle pages only it throws off the page count so
>> > the
>> > booklet doesn't fold together properly.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/12/2009 2:07:26 PM
Mary,

Thank you for your help.  I was finally able (after 5 or 6 attempts) able to
finish the installation of Service Pack 2.  That did the trick!

Even better was the PDF add on.  I create publisher files for work on my
home computer because I love the ability to manipulate things exactly as I
want them and my work computer doesn't have a publisher license. Now I have
to option to print files for work at work.

Thank you again!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Save the download into a folder or on your desktop and then run... There is also
> the possibility you won't be able to open your publications after you install
> the service pack. There is a hotfix available.
> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp) June 30, 2009
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
>
> I wasn't sure which service pack fixed the print. You could save as a PDF to see
> if your booklet will print correctly. Microsoft has a free save as PDF add-in.
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary, thank you for the suggestion.
> >
> > I downloaded the first service pack successfully. I restarted my computer
> > and opened my publication again.  In the interest of saving ink and paper I
> > checked the print preview before attempting to print and it was still showing
> > only the first and last few pages of the booklet.
> >
> > I also had two failed attempts at downloading service pack two.
> >
> > What should I try next?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to download the first service pack. This was a bug and was fixed.
> >> There
> >> is a service pack two too.
> >>
> >> The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Glad everything worked out for you, thanks for letting us know. It is always
great to get feedback.

--

> Mary,
>
> Thank you for your help.  I was finally able (after 5 or 6 attempts) able to
> finish the installation of Service Pack 2.  That did the trick!
>
> Even better was the PDF add on.  I create publisher files for work on my
> home computer because I love the ability to manipulate things exactly as I
> want them and my work computer doesn't have a publisher license. Now I have
> to option to print files for work at work.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Save the download into a folder or on your desktop and then run... There is
>> also
>> the possibility you won't be able to open your publications after you install
>> the service pack. There is a hotfix available.
>> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp) June 30,
>> 2009
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
>>
>> I wasn't sure which service pack fixed the print. You could save as a PDF to
>> see
>> if your booklet will print correctly. Microsoft has a free save as PDF
>> add-in.
>> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "LibraryLis" <LibraryLis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary, thank you for the suggestion.
>> >
>> > I downloaded the first service pack successfully. I restarted my computer
>> > and opened my publication again.  In the interest of saving ink and paper I
>> > checked the print preview before attempting to print and it was still
>> > showing
>> > only the first and last few pages of the booklet.
>> >
>> > I also had two failed attempts at downloading service pack two.
>> >
>> > What should I try next?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Publisher centerfold
I am making a booklet and I am trying to get the centerfold filled with content. Right now the center is blank which isn't professional. I am aware of the other thread where the suggestion as given to create a seperate document, remove the center paper, and print the other document on the centerfold seperately. This would work, but would be impossible to do for hundreds of seperate booklets. Is there any way to get content on the centerfold of my booklet without a seperate docement and print? I can get my booklet to put text in the center and when I move from one page to the other...

Trouble opening publisher docs from CD
I burned a CD containing publisher documents (all were changed from read only)for a associate to use. However, when the associate put in the CD, he could open the documents, but could NOT make any changes or additions. A box comes up stating something about "hidden" atributes or something like that. He also copied the entire folder into his computer and still couldn't make any changes or additions to the individual documents. What are we doing wrong. I appreciate any help to resolve this problem and thank anyone who may have the answer. Once those publications ar...

Outlook print size
When I print e-mails from outlook express to my HP deskjet, the print size is extremely small. How do I increase the size of the print? ...

How to print greeting card envelopes
Using publisher 2003. I can print greeting cards just fine, however I can't find the right page set up to print the envelopes. Measure your envelope and input those measurements into your printer setup and then in the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "motownretiree" <motownretiree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40755C3E-3ABD-407B-AC22-B2744C7EC409@microsoft.com... > Using publisher 2003. I can print greeting cards just fine, however I can't > find the right p...

ooutlook 2007 icons "grey", disabled...
Upon install of Office Ultimate 2007, numerous options in Outlook are disabled, including Outlook Options, New Message, reply, forward, etc. When I attempt to activate product, I don't get a "product already activated" message, nor does it attempt to activate. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gates isn't having this problem on a Saturday night, after all, we only spent $539.00 on a program we assume will operate properly when installed. (BTW -CPU is running Vista Home Premium, SP2) Any help is appreciated. Did you uninstall any Trial together with Activation...

1 company will not upgrade to 10.0
One of our companies will not upgrade from 9.0 sp3 to 10.0 sp1. The below messages appear. The following SQL statement produced an error: if exists (select * from sysobjects where id = object_id('dbo.GPS_CHAR') and sysstat & 0xf = 6) drop default dbo.GPS_CHAR ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The default 'dbo.GPS_CHAR' cannot be dropped because it is bound to one or more column. ...

Print Macro #4
Hello I would like to write a macro, for a particular workbook, which is activated when you select File/Print/OK (the macro will check to see if certain conditions are met and will print if they are but will return an error message if they are not). Can anyone suggest the code required? Thanks in advance Nick There's a workbook event that you can tie into. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of the File option on the worksheet menu bar). Select view code and paste this in the code window: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If LCase(Me.Wo...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

Why is Publisher printing very light, hard to read, after reinstal
I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 and now the print on my Publisher documents is very light and hard to read. How do I change this to a darker look? Betty FLorida This is not a Publisher issue. Do you have your printer set to draft? Is your driver current? Clean your printer heads. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty Florida" <Betty Florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:331DD522-35D0-4448-9DA8-744A74476E25@microsoft.com... >I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 an...

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

Only The Report Header Is Printing
I use an Access application here at work, which includes a button on a form to print a report. When I try to print the report nothing comes out but the header of the report. I'm very new to using Access and really don't know the ins and outs of it at all. I have looked in a couple of different Access training books, but I don't know what I'm really looking for. I'm frustated and need help. Does the report have a RecordSource? A table or query that is providing the data to the report? Do you have controls on the report that are bound to fields in that RecordSource table...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

Printing without white borders
I am trying to print from Power Point. Slide has a Blue backround. When ever I print it on a white page, preview/print shows a white boarder. I have tried selecting scale to fit paper, it reduces that white boarder but still there. How can I print whole page with Blue backround? Thanks its a printer issue, not a powerpoint issue. You need a printer capable of bleed 4 sides, or print on larger paper and trim! Randy Munish wrote: > I am trying to print from Power Point. Slide has a Blue backround. When ever > I print it on a white page, preview/print shows a white board...

Sync Issues in Outlook 2007
I am running Office 2007 cached mode on Windows XP connected to an Exchage 2003 server. I have a users who's Outlook shows as "connected to Microsoft Exchange" yet the last sync date was from hours ago and it actually has updated during that time. Any ideas why the Sync time is incorrect? Send/Receive button does nothing (F9)but the Send/Receive This folder (shift + F9) will force it to sync. It is set to auto receive every 5 min. ...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

Import Vista Winmail into Outlook 2007
Please advise how I can import Vista WinMail emails and contacts into Outlook 2007? Thanks Malcolm Both apps need to be installed & configured on the same PC Export msgs from Mail to Outlook In OL Import Contacts (Though you may have to export Mail contacts to a scv file, then import that into OL) "Buchanan Family" <buchann@iimetro.com.au> wrote in message news:245F49C7-A7B1-455B-9E12-33CA1372C66E@microsoft.com... > Please advise how I can import Vista WinMail emails and contacts into > Outlook 2007? > Thanks > Malcolm > All works, Thanks Malcolm ...

installing trial version of microsoft office 2007?
Got a new computer, now I am trying to install the trial version of microsoft office 2007. Assistant freezes. So I went to site, but can't get trial number! It said select, but there was nothing to select, no list just blank. Also I can't locate Outlookin the folder! (Since it's a new computer, no old outlook) Which means I can't get my mail, sigh... any ideas?? Thanks! You dont require outlook to send/receive email, there are many alternatives Was this Trial preinstalled? "CJSM" <CJSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF...

Custom PDF Name Excel 2007
Using the PDF creator in Excel 2007 would it be possible to save the file name as a concatentation of 2 field names that would be unique to everytime the worksheet was used ? ...

Publisher 2000 Now Crashing
When I tried to open Publisher on my Windows XP machine this morning all I got was an error message saying there was a problem and it needed to close. I've tried repairing and reinstalling without success. It was working only a few days ago and as far as I am aware the only update to my system has been the automatic Windows update during the last week. Can anyone help? Regards Steven Thompson How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/ Chances are your printer driver is the culprit... Disable your ...

Printing Tables in Outlook
Can anyone help? When I create a table in an Outlook message and use shading within the table, when I print out the table the shading doesn't print. It does if I use Word and print out the same table, but not through Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks In article <A4AF7275-4DC2-417A-9343-E0C32F86FECD@microsoft.com>, old_oak66 <oldoak66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone help? When I create a table in an Outlook message and use shading > within the table, when I print out the table the shading doesn't print. It > does if I use Word and print o...

MS win 7 outlook 2007
Even though I have all the right boxes checked I dont recieve email notifcation sounds to tell me there is new mail Did you check the sounds applet in the control panel to verify that there is a valid sound file attached to the new mail program event? "cobra2351" <cobra2351@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF308405-9C44-48C3-85FD-1D96BFF16F55@microsoft.com... > Even though I have all the right boxes checked I dont recieve email > notifcation sounds to tell me there is new mail ...

How do I download tempates for Publisher 2002?
When attempting to download a template for Publisher 2002, I get a message stating "Did not find Publisher on this system" MS Publisher is working correctly on my system. Do you have Publisher *2002* on your system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Ton" wrote: > When attempting to download a template for Publisher 2002, I get a message > stating "Did not find Publisher on this system" > MS Publisher is working correctly on my system. ...

Only prints portion of page, ejects paper...
I've recently had a problem with Publisher when printing just about any document. I have an Epson 1520, running Windows 98se. Have plenty of memory and hard disk space. The print job begins, prints maybe an inch or two, ejects the paper, draws up another sheet, prints maybe an inch, ejects that sheet and so on and so forth until the print job is complete. I've gone to Epson's website and downloaded a new driver. Installed it and it worked fine for about a week. Now, I'm having the same problem all over again. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

how do I change e-mail margins for printing?
We have a new copier/printer installed and now some of my e-mails don't print the whole page across. When printing the e-mail, the left margin is very close to the left side of the page and the right margin only prints about 3/4 of the way to the end of the right side -- about a 2-3" margin on the ride side. Company installing the new copier said it was not their printer driver, but my Outlook settings. File, Page Setup, Memo Style, Paper, Margins didi46 wrote: > We have a new copier/printer installed and now some of my e-mails don't print > the whole p...