Publisher 2007 / Vista will not print

I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
 Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
difficulties.
0
Brandt (32)

Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.

Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print preview,
minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer and
make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
problems.

This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
> Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
> applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
> recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
> difficulties.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
5/31/2009 9:25:06 AM
Thank you.  Your suggested strategy worked.  I am back in business.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>
> Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
> Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print preview,
> minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer and
> make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
> problems.
>
> This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
> > Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
> > applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
> > recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
> > difficulties.

Hey, glad it worked. Thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--

> Thank you.  Your suggested strategy worked.  I am back in business.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>>
>> Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
>> Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print
>> preview,
>> minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer
>> and
>> make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
>> problems.
>>
>> This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to
>> >print.
>> > Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
>> > applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
>> > recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
>> > difficulties.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

exchange directory synchronization will not start
Our exchange server was 5.5 running on NT4.0. NT4.0 crashed and we rebuilded the Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 successfully. It seems to be working fine and we are sending and receiving email, but I tried to start exchange directory synchronization and it gives me the following error: Could not start the Microsoft exchange directory synchronization service on local computer. The service did not return and error. This could be and internal windows error or and internal service error. Does any one have any ideas why it is giving me this error? Is there a work around? ...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

printing blank worksheet
I can't print a blank worksheet that I need for field work. The message comes back that "Microsoft Excel Sees Nothing to Print". I tried to highlight the area but that does not work. Isn't a blank worksheet a blank sheet of paper? Try putting just borders or even a space in a cell will make Excel "see" data. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "bjq" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cfd001c3ee70$bd700990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't print a blank worksheet that I need ...

Word 2007
Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to have it just show the titles, instead of the large block showing you a preview of the content. If you have over 100 entries, it gets very time consuming going thru the list. Client would just like to see the titles. Any ideas Thanks Nadine On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:03:01 -0800, Nadine <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar > >Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to ha...

Outlook 2002
Every time I start-up, recieve or send an email Windows Installer trys to run. I hit cancel and the action will complete normally. If I don't hit cancel, it asks for the install disk, however this is an exsisting company computer and the the original disk is nowhere to be found. This started when we were mistakenly told that a copy of Office 2007 that was purchased had two installs allowed. Word and Excel was loaded on this machine. We then discovered we were given bad info and uninstalled them. Outlook 2007 was never installed. Verify that no Office 2007 part is installed a...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I tested as a user. I searched and found http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing. Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros?? Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning a toolbar button. See http://www.g...

Exchange 2007 sp2 BPA
Hello all When I run the BPA againts my 2007 sp2 exchange mailbox server, the BPA is telling me that the mailbox is not configured. "'MailboxRole' is not configured on server 'IRV-EDC-MS05.corp.kbb.com'. Please run setup again." How is this possible? Exchange 2007 sp2 has been running in the environment for nearly a year without issue ...

2007 compatibility issues
Hi All, I was running Excel 2000. My macro contains *.close (True). This appears to crash Excel 2007 because it is an *.xls file.So, I am saving my file as a *.xlsm. Now it gives me a compatibility error about Line Print Settings. I have googled it, but I couldn't find a post that actually answered 'What causes it issue'. I don't recall actually using this "Line Print", so do I really need it? Thanks Chad ...

MS Publisher calendar
Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? mcm wrote: > Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? No. None whatsoever. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outlook 2007 + iPhone + iTunes = bad data file?
Hello, I'm running Vista 64-bit, Outlook 2007, and have an iPhone 3G. Outlook worked perfectly until my first sync with the iPhone (via iTunes 7.7). Ever since then I get the following error message ... "A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress." I've since tried disabling the iTunes add-in in Outlook (no success). Uninstalling iTunes altogether (no success). And running scanpst.exe on my .pst file (no success). Any tips on how I should move forward to re...

Outlook 2007 #12
I regretfully installed that abortion of a program Office 2007. Not only did it really screwed things up, but the darn thing wouldn't let me uninstall it, or install anything else. Had to call MS to manually remove the darn thing. SO, with that said, I installed Office 2003. Word, Excel all works fine Couldn't start Outlook 2003 because of the wrong version of MAPI32.dll I found the easy fix for that on the MS website. (good) NOW, I am not able to send emails via outlook. It just sits in my outbox. I checked the setting to make sure that it is set to send immediately. But they...

How Do I Print All of a Spreadsheet?
I just received a file and when I clicked on it, it turned out to be an Excel spreadsheet. So I want to print it, but it only prints the left edge of the page and when I use print preview and go to the bottom, it never continues with the right side. Documentation says to change the scale to fit width to 1 page, but that doesn't change anything. C-B Use the mouse to select the region to be printed Use the menu command File | Print Area and Set Now everything should print best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email &quo...

Printing historical P&L
Is it possible to print monthly P&Ls from prior years? I am using Dynamics v6.00g5 and don't seem to be able to do it. I did manage to figure out how to print historical balance sheets but not income statements. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Print Parameters
Is there a way to copy print parameters between sheets in a workbook? -- Thanks, Brian Some of them... You can select the "sending" worksheet and then ctrl-click on the others that should share the print settings. This groups the sheets. Then use File|page setup and make the changes that are allowed. Then when you're done, ungroup the sheets by right clicking on any of the selected sheets and choosing Ungroup Sheets. If you forget to do this, then you may ruin your worksheets. Almost any change you make to a sheet in a group gets made in the other sheets i...

How many time can I activate Office 2007?
Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it onto my computer, now my computer is down and I need to load it onto another computer to do my schoolwork but I may have to load it again when I get my computer back from repair. How many times will i be able to load the software? As often as needed, assuming a retail version. If its an oem version you cannot install it on any other, but the origonal PC "goldengirlz2" <goldengirlz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBCB0F91-FAAE-4722-B591-87A2CDC7E03C@microsoft.com... > Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it ...

Converting floppy backups from Money 2002 to 2007
I am getting messages that my files are corrupted or that the identified file may not be a Money file. Does this mean I need to follow some other process to recover my history now that I have installed Money 2007? You are trying to restore an M02 floppy backup in M07? You say "recover [your] history". Did you move to a new machine? M07 should have detected/upgraded your M02 file automatically if installed on the same machine as the machine that ran M02. At any rate, moving the .MNY file, via writable CD or USB flash drive or network, is almost alway a better choice than goi...

importing to Outlook 2007
How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 pinehurst <pinehurst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 Export them with Demon Turnpike in whatever format it supports that's compatible with a format Outlook will import. A five second Google shows that Demon Turnpike can export in an mBox format. You should be able to import this into Outlook Express (use the Eudora or Netscape Communicator selection) and then export to Outlook from there. However, another five second consult of www.demon.net s...

Will reseting workflow lose processes?
We have several rules that have wait statements hence we may have dozens (or more) of processes that are active and waiting. If I need to reset IIS and workflow to add a new custom assembly, will we loose any of those processes that are waiting or will they pick right back up when workflow restarts? Thanks for any answers. Greg they will continue on...restarting IIS and the workflow service will not reset or stop the workflows ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "gstat" <gsergeant@statsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Is there an EASY way to delete Keyboard Shortcuts in OL 2007?
I never had this problem when I had my old PCs and used regular keyboards....but since I got my laptop I am apparently hitting odd keyboard shortcuts and it does strange things I don't want it to. SO.....I would like to delete all of the shortcuts I DON'T use and only keep the ones I want....is there an easy way to do that in Vista and/or OL 2007???? For instance, the other day I was creating a fairly lengthy email, and all of a sudden it just Sent! I wasn't finished....so had to then send an apology email with the rest of my thoughts..... VERY FRUSTRATING..... I a...