Publisher 2007 toolbar icons

How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized
on) the toolbar?

I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's
available in 07.
Thanks.
bj

0
bjones44 (68)

Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message
> How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized
> on) the toolbar?
>
> I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's
> available in 07.
> Thanks.
> bj

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/30/2009 6:24:18 PM
Thank you!
It doesn't seem to have the image I want in the choices (did I miss a way to
get more choices?), but at least I can choose something that maybe I'll
remember!
bj

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to
>> (customized on) the toolbar?
>>
>> I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if
>> it's available in 07.
>> Thanks.
>> bj

0
bjones44 (68)

2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version
I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I installed. Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the 2007 runtime. Any suggestions? smc@se...

break slide link in word 2007
I have Office 2007. Want to break the link to the slides I have in my word doc. When I right click the slide, I only get open or edit, or convert. Could you help me locate the right place to break the link; and if necessary add-in I need for Word and/or powerpoint? -- SLB -- SLB In Word 2007, click the Office button and choose Prepare. To the right you'll see an item "Edit Links to Files" (which appears only when there are linked items in the document). Click that to open the Links dialog. Select any or all of the listed links and click the Break Link button. ...

Re: OL 2007 Stationary
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

ODBCDirect Problem In Access 2007
I am trying to connect to oracle database and i've tried using Microsoft Jet workspace and ODBCDirect workspace. Once i run the macro at microsoft office 2007 under windows vista and i get the error "Run time error '3847' ODBCDirect is no longer supproted. Rewrite the code to use ADO instead of DAO'". My coding is as following. Function PopulateListOfOdbcTableToLink(OdbcName As String, ByRef ListOfTables As Collection) As Integer Dim wrkJet As Workspace Dim dbs As Connection Dim tdf As TableDef Dim Atable As Variant Dim Rs As Recordset Dim AllTabl...

Exchange 2007
Hi, I've been doing some research into Exchange 2007 and as we know it must run on 64bit machines (so it means we must buy at least 1 new machine). As we know the servers can have many roles and you need at least 2 machines. My question is does that other server have to be 64 bit as well - so will i need 2 new 64bit machines? My other question is does anyone have any suggestion on what Server specs to be looking at? I have looked but i just get bamboozled by the options available. We only buy DELL as well so suggestions around those would be great - and with what roles each serve...

Publisher 98 Toolbars
Hi All, I have Publisher 98 and Win XP SP2. In the "View" menu all 3 toolbars are ticked but only the standard toolbar is showing. I tried the "Objects" icon on the left and both the "Standard" and "Formatting" toolbars are also ticked. I am having difficulty in making a watermark on a wedding invitation. Can anyone please tell me how to make these toolbars show. Also most of the options in the Format menu are greyed out. Thanks in advance Teriel9 PUB98: How to Reset the Toolbars in Publisher 98 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Microsoft Publisher vs Adobe Photoshop?
I am wanting to do a business where I will need to print clear, crisp pictures and have text right next to it and will need different font sizes and color. Also will need to have divider lines. Will be using bitmap and Jpeg pictures mostly. Which is my best bet, photoshop or Publisher? I know photoshop cost a lot more. Thanks Mark The two are oranges and apples. Publisher is a desktop publishing application, Photoshop is an image manipulator. InDesign is Adobe's DTP product. Depends on your needs. Publisher doesn't misprint pictures, Publisher depends on your printer to have t...

Open excel files disappear from toolbar
Hi, Excel 2000 / Win XP Pro. When I have more than one excel file open, the active file stays in the toolbar and the others end up in "window" which is a pain when trying to move between open files. WORD keeps all the files in the toolbar. Can anyone help? It's a pain! Is "Tools->Options->View" - "Windows in task bar" what you're after? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Glen_S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235C1881-2C7B-4B29-BF5D-B48874680...

Outlook 2007: Signature not automatic in OFT files
Hi, I got a problem here with people who use Template files in outlook 2007 that the signature does not come under the template, in Outlook 2003 they did. There was a problem with it in outlook 2003 but they made a hotfix you could download. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/969301/ I can't find any solution, but i readed that this was made like this. Is this true? is there fix or something else that puts the default signature under the template. Be aware it's not possible to put the signature under the template because lots of people use the OFT files...

Unable to open Excel 2007 file by double-clicking...
OS is Vista Home Basic. I've done repair installation but didn't fix the problem so I remove Office 2007 completely and reinstalled back but still didn't fix the problem. Apparently, when double clicking Excel 2007 file the cursor will change from arrow to ring-like icon for a split second then nothings happens. Take note that old version of excel file opens fine through double-click. Any ideas? Garu Try deleting the "File Type Association" for the XL 2007 files(.xlsx, xlsm, etc.) Then double click on a XL 2007 file. It should prompt you to...

Excel 2007 "Can not shift objects off sheet"
In prior versions of Excel, I had no problem inserting a row between two other rows in a spreadsheet. However, every time in Excel 2007 that I try to do this same operation that has worked fine in all prior versions of Excel, I am prevented from doing the insert with a message "Can not shift objects off sheet". The sheet is nowhere near full, so that inserting a new row between two other rows will lose no information whatsoever. So Excel 2007 is not "smart" enough to realize what prior versions of Excel could see. How do I insert a row between two other rows without ...

Outlook 2007 with SBS
Hi We have just ordered a Dell sbs 2003 R2 server. Is it likely to come with Outlook 2007? If not is there any way to add Outlook 2007 to the network? Most client pcs have office 2003 and we would like Outlook 2007 to circumvent the outlook security warning when sending emails. Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > We have just ordered a Dell sbs 2003 R2 server. Is it likely to come > with Outlook 2007? No. It won't. SBS2003 Includes Exchange 2003 and each CAL includes Outlook 2003 as the client for that CAL. > If not is there any way to add Outlook 2007 to the >...

Unable to attach one doc to another in Word 2007
I need to attach one document (an exhibit) to another document. I first tried right clicking the exhibit doc in Windows Explorer, dragging it to the main doc and then press "Copy Here". All it attached to the main doc was the first page of the exhibit. I then tried the "Insert Object" technique, but that didn't work either. It inserted only the first page, not the whole doc. (As a last resort I tried copying and pasting the exhibit doc contents, but, as I expected, the formatting of the exhibit was all screwed up, so that didn't work either) BTW...

How do I do a pull quote in Publisher 2002
I'm doing a newsletter in Publisher 2002 and would like to do just that. A pulll quote is a quote tht stands out from the main body of text. -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.com A pull quote is just another inserted text box. The Design Gallery has a good selection of pull quotes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Barry" <nbbrindisi@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message news:17F776D7-3B99-4E11-A3B2-A501494CBB4C@microsoft.com... > I...

ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create in Excel 2007
Hello, We just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 and now my pivot tables don't get create. I get an error: Type mismatch when calling Create. Set pivotDataRange = dataSheet.UsedRange ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=pivotDataRange) Is there a change that no longer allows a range to be set as the SourceData? Thanks, Joe ...

hidden objects in Access 2007 12-07-07
I completley agree with Karl about the help feature for the new Access 2007. It has taken me over 2 hours to find how to unhide my tables from by previous 2003 database, and that is with thanks to Karl's post here. Maybe Microsoft should invest some time in providing a matrix of 2003 vs 2007 features as 2007 is very very different to previous versions. When I say matrix I mean a list of where everything that was in the old and where it has moved to now or what has replaced it including the new paths. for eg Compact and Repair was under the tools > database utilities menu in 200...

Outlook 2007 Locks up
Outlook 2007 locks up almost every time it is open. It is an Office 2007 Enterprise installation on a clean, updated XP workstation. I just unistalled Outlook and Reinstalled it with no improvement What to do ? Try disabling the RSS feeds to see if that helps. Does Outlook use Word as the email editor? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "steveb" wrote: > Outlook 2007 locks up almost every time it is open. It is an Office 2007 > Enterprise installation on a clean, updated XP workstation. > > I j...

would i be able to get my gmail account folder in my outlook 2007?
Hi This is Ravi here. My concern is that i do have gmail account running in my outlook 2007 and the problem is that would i be able to get my all folders which is in my gmail account in my outlook 2007. I have checked all options but unfortunately, i can not find any option where i can get any option to activate my those folders as my gmail account is so important for me. I can say that it's my business. I want to use outlook anyhow. So can you being able to solve this problem? if you can, that would be highly appreciated for me. Thanks Ravi "Ravi Patel" ...

Major bug when serving Excel 2007 files through IE?
I've been upgrading our reporting module to output .docx and .xlsx files instead of the Office 2003 formats (since the new ones will work for our clients on Office 2000 with the compatibility pack), and I've come across a major issue in the way (I believe) IE passes the files off to Excel. Here is the headers we're sending: Excel: Content Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet Content Disposition: inline; filename=OurReport.xlsx Word: Content Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document Content Disposition: i...

Excel 2007 data connection
I've set up a connection to an Access DB to pull data over for my worksheet. Once the connection is made, and the data is over, I can no longer open the file if I'm not connected to the network. Is there some setting that I'm just not seeing where I have to set it to cache the results? Please ignore this question. I've figured out why I couldn't open the file like I wanted to. ...

Dashed Borders Publisher 2000
Can anyone suggest how I might get a dashed border around a picture using Publisher 2000? I can see that there are dashed border options in later versions of the package but can't find it in 2000, and I don't really want to have to create a custom border! Andrea Jones Andrea Jones wrote: > Can anyone suggest how I might get a dashed border around > a picture using Publisher 2000? I can see that there are > dashed border options in later versions of the package > but can't find it in 2000, and I don't really want to > have to create a custom border! > ...

File names in Publisher 2007
I just got a new computer and upgraded to Publisher 2007 (as part of Office 2007). When I open one of my Publisher 2003 files which are all .htm files, Publisher opens them as a generic file called Publication 1 or Publication 2. When I go to save any changes, it wants to save it as Publication 1 instead of my original name for the publication, and it also wants to save it as a ..pub file. Even if I have previously opened the file in Publisher 2007 and saved it as a web page with the original file name, the next time it opens again as a generic "Publication 1" Is there any w...

Outlook 2007 keeps disconnecting
I'm having a strange issue. Here's some configuration info: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 SP1 Computers are running XP Pro SP2. We just changed over a couple of our departments to use Outlook 2007 (previously were using Outlook 2000). Some of the computers have issues when they open up Outlook 2007 where it will show as being disconnected from the exchange server. Clicking on it and telling it to reconnect it will attempt to reconnect and change back to Disconnected or Offline. So far to fix it I've had to either reboot the machine..or if I close Outlook and go to ...

how do I reinstate licences for Student Office 2007?
I WANT TO SELL MY SOFTWARE SO I CAN PURCHASE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION. "BUKOWSKI" <BUKOWSKI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56A22175-9CC2-48C9-8B4D-138766040E15@microsoft.com... > I WANT TO SELL MY SOFTWARE SO I CAN PURCHASE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION. For a retail product, uninstall and provided the disc, product key and other material to the buyer. See the EULA. If it is an OEM product, you cannot as it is tied to the computer first installed. If your Office 2007 Home and Student is either a retail or OEM copy, you may want to keep it and...

Excel 2003 + 2007 on same Win7 computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently, I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Excel 2003, and Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Excel 2007. But occasionally, and seemingly randomly, my opening an old Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .XLT etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. But in Windows 7, what wou...