Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.

Hello,

I really would appreciate any help in the following issue.

I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent
(tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the
document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then
the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a
PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files.

Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the
transparency??

Thanks!

0
Tom7430 (437)

I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another object, is the
transparency apparent? When you setup the PDF do you click change button and
look at the different settings under Advanced? Are you getting a message if you
select Commercial printing?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I really would appreciate any help in the following issue.
>
> I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent
> (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the
> document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then
> the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a
> PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files.
>
> Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the
> transparency??
>
> Thanks!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/1/2008 12:22:25 PM
I am not getting a "message" when i convert to PDF. It's just the pictures
are loosing their transparency and the background is becoming white which
does not look correct. Word Art does not have that problem. Only pictures
with transparency.

"Tom" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I really would appreciate any help in the following issue.
>
> I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent
> (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the
> document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then
> the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a
> PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files.
>
> Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the
> transparency??
>
> Thanks!

0
Tom7430 (437)
6/1/2008 3:16:00 PM
Can you send me one of the pictures? Are these pictures from your Organizer or
are you pasting rather than inserting them from elsewhere?

mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am not getting a "message" when i convert to PDF. It's just the pictures
> are loosing their transparency and the background is becoming white which
> does not look correct. Word Art does not have that problem. Only pictures
> with transparency.
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I really would appreciate any help in the following issue.
>>
>> I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent
>> (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the
>> document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then
>> the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a
>> PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the
>> transparency??
>>
>> Thanks!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/1/2008 3:42:45 PM
Mary,

I sent you an email from vgtnj@aol.com with some files attached. I sure hope
you can help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Can you send me one of the pictures? Are these pictures from your Organizer or
> are you pasting rather than inserting them from elsewhere?
>
> mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am not getting a "message" when i convert to PDF. It's just the pictures
> > are loosing their transparency and the background is becoming white which
> > does not look correct. Word Art does not have that problem. Only pictures
> > with transparency.
> >
> > "Tom" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I really would appreciate any help in the following issue.
> >>
> >> I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent
> >> (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the
> >> document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then
> >> the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a
> >> PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the
> >> transparency??
> >>
> >> Thanks!

0
Tom7430 (437)

Excel 2007 and XML with inline schema
Hi. I have XML data that I want to be more user-friendly when its opened in excel. The user can create a web Query which will return the xml to them - ( pointing to the URL with the XML information)- and they can refresh the query each time they open the document in excel. Unfortunately- they have to format the data in excel manually. I wanted to associate an inline schema with the data to format the date cells, number cells etc. but the schema is not recognised in Excel. I have been just trying to get excel to recognise an inline schema- is this possible in the Excel? Any information regardi...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

publisher installation error
Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times and re-booting my pc, but nothing works. "G" wrote: > Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it > won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that > I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be > shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times > and re-booting my pc, but no...

Cannot change line/object color in Publisher 2002
Anyone who can help: I'm using an older version of Publisher (2002). I was working on a floor plan for a project when suddenly, all the lines and borders disappeared. I am now unable to make any selection to change the line color--the selection defaults to a blank option no matter what color I choose, creating essentially invisible objects and lines in my files, even new ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher twice to no effect--the problem persists. (Interestingly, the same files when opened in Publisher 2002 on another machine display fine.) Is there something else that co...

Remove sent and deleted items on all MB
Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I don't want to manually open all mailboxes and do it. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q278024&ID=KB;EN-US;Q278024 On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:48:04 -0800, "Ken Pollard" <kpollard@mvusd.org> wrote: >Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a >utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on >Windows 2000. I don't...

Publisher #65
Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older version of Publisher like 2.0a? -- Thanks, Stan Stan wrote: > Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older > version of Publisher like 2.0a? ================================== According to the following website...the earliest qualifying product is 2000. Scroll down to : Office Publisher 2007 2007 Microsoft Office system pricing and upgrade information http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx#1 -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

publisher 2003/color
I know this has been discussed before......... Problem: publisher does not show color while editing, does print the correct color and shows color in print preview. Several people suggested (other threads) that video driver was the problem, well I changed the video drivr, publisher still does not show color!~ Has anyone been able to correct this problem, seems to be fairly common. Any help would be appreciated! Charann Try using a different printer driver as your default. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Removed a profile by accident!
Help Please! I accidently removed a profile while creating new ones in Outlook. The profile I removed has everything in it!!! I desperately need it back!! Where is it, and can it be restored?? Create the profile anew using the same information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Charcin asked: | Help Please! I accidently removed a profile while...

building a website in publisher
Hi, I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote (in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they ...

Insert Pictures
I can 't seem to insert a picture in Publisher -- I'm using a gif format but the error message suggests that I'm either using the wrong format or my graphics converter has not been installed. I have updated my Office 2000 but to no avail. Any ideas? Have you tried more than just one GIF file? Re-boot then retry it and post back. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Critique a function to convert time, please
I have a bunch of data representing time intervals that come from a database application. The intervals vary from a few seconds to several years. The database (MySQL) stores time intervals as fixed point numbers in units of seconds. Reading the values in seconds is unnatural (a year is ~31.5E6 seconds), so I wrote a little UDF to convert the seconds to more natural units. The conversion is: Value Units <60 seconds Seconds <60 minutes Minutes <24 hours Hours <99 days Days Otherwise Years I chose 99 days as the threshold betwe...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Desktop Search & Outlook 2007
Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task Bar? if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and I think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the right will remain running and you can use that to open the search Bill "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:eM2cGQ$SHHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have > the Desk...

Set Form height at Runtime Access 2007 Runtime
I want a fixed number of records in my detail section no matter the size of the window. I put: Form.Section(acFooter).Height = Me.InsideHeight - (Form.Section(acHeader).Height + numrows * Form.Section(acDetail).Height) in my load event code. It works great when I am running the development code, but when I run it in runtime the detail height is at the default height. Any ideas? Thanks OK --- more information ---- When I put a ribbon on the form all is well. How can I figure out if there is a ribbon displayed while in runtime? In a .accdb file there is always a ...

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?
I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks Jo Dee One method...... Format all as General. Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General). Select range of numbers. Edit>Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. One other method......... Select range of numbers and Data>Text to Columns>Finish Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:53:06 -0800, Jo Dee <Jo Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to >numbers...so far nothi...

Publisher mailmerge error message, invalid office data source
I am trying to edit a mailmerge database I started in publisher, but I keep getting an error message, "This is not a valid office data source". But it was just fine earlier. Are you creating the list in Publisher? What version Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data Sources", is your data base there? Is there a number associated with your error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Obrother" <Obrother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31B77242-6579-4B64-9...

Outlook 2007 help problem

Excel 2007 question
I recently upgraded to excel 2007. Whenever I open one of my spreadsheets I get a warning bar that says Security warning automatic update of links has been disabled. However I do not see links any where. How I can quickly locate them. Thanks ...

Remove Part from Field Service Call
I am trying to remove a part from a service call which was linked in by a purchase order. When I try to delete the row the sytem says "There is an RMA, a PO or a Transfer for this line. You may not delete this line." How do I remove this link when the PO has already been received? Unfortunately, the only way we are able to work around this is by updating the PONMBRSTR to '' (2 apostrophes to indicate blank) for the item in the SVC00203 table. to find the specific line needed, use something to the effect of: select callnbr, itemnmbr, lnitmseq, dex_row_id from svc00203 ...

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

Convert Excel records to text documents in arbitary formats
Hi, A newbie here (groan). I need a tool to take data in excel tables and generate text documents with the data rearranged in new forms, eg to look somewhat like mailing labels (but with more data items, like email address). Is there a tool that will take Excel data and generate documents in arbitrary formats? Also, is there a tool to edit column data, eg. the Name field I have is all uppercase, and I wanted to cap the first and make the others lower case (eg: JONES -> Jones), a pain in the ass if done manually. Generally, an editing tool for column data. thanks in advance Don't kno...

Remove Duplicates in Distribution Lists
Outlook 2007 =================== If I have enter duplicate contacts into a distribution list is there a way to remove them other than doing it manually? JeffreyBee;117741 Wrote: > Outlook 2007 > =================== > If I have enter duplicate contacts into a distribution list is there a > way > to remove them other than doing it manually? No. You really shouldn't worry too much about it, though, because usually only one message gets sent even with duplicate addresses. I know when I include an address twice only one message gets delivered. -- B...

office 2007: how to remove ribbon and get 2003 style menus?
Is there a way to turn off the ribbon and get back the same menus as office 2003? I'm tried of playing hide and seek. The ribbon feature is counter productive for me. This typifies microsoft software: features are added not necessarily to help users, but so that there are new features to brag about. Perhaps a new feature for the next office would be 2003 style menus. Ok, so their usability test says the ribbons help new users. Even if this is true, why make grumpy old users relearn a new trick? Not really, you can use third party tools, or just return to Office 2003 ...

Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista
I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder. Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or I can't find it under Vista. Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes the place of the above folder under XP? Thanks. Hi R If you want to see it in the Add-in list without browsing to the file then copy it in the Library folder See how on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "RStan...