Publisher 2007, file too large.

I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files bigger
than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives the
message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I never
experienced this problem with Publisher 2003.

Any suggestions/help will be appriciated.
0
E (96)

How much RAM are you running?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files
>bigger
> than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives the
> message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I
> never
> experienced this problem with Publisher 2003.
>
> Any suggestions/help will be appriciated.

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/11/2008 1:49:47 PM
192 MB of RAM.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> How much RAM are you running?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files
> >bigger
> > than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives the
> > message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I
> > never
> > experienced this problem with Publisher 2003.
> >
> > Any suggestions/help will be appriciated.

0
MrE (1)
2/11/2008 3:01:03 PM
192?
Pub recommends 256 which really means 512 (and that's still pretty slim)

Try turning off other programs that may be running in the background.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| 192 MB of RAM.
|
| "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
|
| > How much RAM are you running?
| >
| > --
| >
| > JoAnn Paules
| > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
| >

| > "Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > >I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files
| > >bigger
| > > than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives
the
| > > message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I
| > > never
| > > experienced this problem with Publisher 2003.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions/help will be appriciated.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/11/2008 3:06:10 PM
I had a feeling that was going to be the problem.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> 192?
> Pub recommends 256 which really means 512 (and that's still pretty slim)
>
> Try turning off other programs that may be running in the background.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "Mr. E" <MrE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | 192 MB of RAM.
> |
> | "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> |
> | > How much RAM are you running?
> | >
> | > --
> | >
> | > JoAnn Paules
> | > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> | > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> | >

> | > "Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> files
> the

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/11/2008 3:32:13 PM
See if enlarging your swap file helps (virtual memory). Look in the system
folder in the control panel. It is also helpful to change the display view in
Publisher. View, pictures.

Your video driver maybe failing.
Read the fourth FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

Microsoft recommends 256 MB of RAM to run Publisher 2007 correctly. Windows sets
the Virtual Memory to three times the amount of RAM you have installed.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files bigger
> than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives the
> message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I never
> experienced this problem with Publisher 2003.
>
> Any suggestions/help will be appriciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Exporting CRM Opportunity List to Office Excel 2007
We have CRM 3.0 Server. Our users are using CRM Web Client to access their leads, opportunities, quotes and orders. Using the Export toolbar button in CRM, users who have Office 2003 installed on their PCs are able to export opportunity lists to Excell perfectly all right, however users who have Office 2007 installed are not able to do that! Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ? Is there a workaround (If any)? Any possible risks when using or applying this workaround (If any)? "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CADFDC5-8439-4B5F-955A-D6DBF...

Why can't I convert quatro pro .wb3 file in Excel #2
I have trid everything suggested in Excel and on-line but can't convert my *.wb3 file in Excel 2003. Downloaded the Office converter file and ran it, still nothing appropriate in add-ins. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom ...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Exporting Money 2006 to OA 2007--No New Fiscal Years
When I attempt to import MS Money 2006 data to OA 2007, none of the bank transactions (~400) migrate, and the error log tells me: "The financial date of a document must be within an existing open fiscal year." In OA 2007, I find that only fiscal year 2002 has been created...hence the error message. Suggestions? -- Charlie Find an OA newsgroup? Not trying to be flippant, but there's next to no OA experience that has been evidenced in this NG. "cwfox" <cwfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21A987D-B741-483A-B60F-0A9A58F47721@microsoft.co...

Outlook
Can anyone help me? I just realized that my Outlook/hotmail account has been sending attachment attachments as *.dat files. This occurs randomly, and I don't how to prevent it. I read the article, "How to Prevent the Winmail.dat File from Being Sent to Internet Users" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=138053. But, I don't understand how to configure my personal address book. I don't even use it. I have contacts set up in Outlook, but I had no idea this was affecting the way their email messages were sent. I use my hotmail account to sent out my resumes...

Outlook 2007 doesn't understand vCalendar entries any more !?!
I occasionally need to copy/paste calendar entries from another calendar application into my private Outlook. Until recently - using Outlook 2002/XP - this worked fine. Since I switched to Outlook 2007 this does not work any more. Instead of pasting a new appointment I only get a new appointment with no title, no date, no other field filled except the comment field which contains the entire (and - as far as I can see: valid!) vCalendar entry. Can one somehow teach OL2007 to accept and properly interpret such entries? Michael I just learned that I can paste that calen...

Open a file 03-18-08
Sorry, I posted this in a different group because it forgot to cross post: I'm trying to create a button that will open a file in access 2000. The location of the file is D:\Test\label.xff. If I run this in the command prompt, it opens the file with no problems. If I create an event on a button to open the file I get an error. The VB code is this: Private Sub RunForms_Click() Dim RetVal RetVal = Shell("D:\Test\label.xff", 1) End Sub Why won't this work if it works in the command prompt? Thanks, Jasper It doesn't work because Shell requires the name of a...

Word Pad 2007 Won't remember Font choice
WordPad 2007 on Windows 7 RC refuses to remember the font that I choose. I can't see how to make a particular font default either. It constantly reverts to default font which I don't like as it is hard to read. I can change the font size and that stays changed. I am using WordPad to copy excerpts from web articles and each time I copy another excerpt and place it in the open document the font reverts from my Verdana choice to the default one. I recall having this same problem on Word 97 and my current Word 2002 on other machines. I can't remember how I fixed the p...

Excel 2007
Hi, I wanted to post a fix to a common problem I've seen. There are many posts on the internet concerning this but I've only seen the true fix once. Here's the problem, someone installs Office 2007 and then when they try to double click on an Excel file, it opens Excel but the Excel file itself does not open. So, you are left looking at the Excel 2007 screen, but it is blank with no workbooks open (not even the default one that usually opens). Here is the official Microsoft solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074 - however, this only fixes about 20% of the case...

Copying files to disc with pictures
Hi, I have tried to copy my publisher files from my hard drive to a cd but when I open the files from the cd on a different computer the pictures do not show up. Anyone know how I copy so that the pictures are included as well? Thanks, Brian If the images are linked rather than imbedded, the images will not copy. Otherwise Publisher does not do well opening from a removable disk. Drag the file to your hard drive and open again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Microsoft Publisher #2
Trying to open email attachment (newsletter) created with Mircosoft Publisher. File 'saves' from attachment to 'Downloadw' but will not open in Publisher. Message reads "Publisher cannot open file" with an 'okay' button. Also, unable to print that screen to send to original sender. Are the versions of Publisher the same or is your version a later version? Are you running that garbage software Symantec Norton AV? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Is the attachment a .pub file? -- JoAnn Paules M...

Office 2007 and Vista
I am contemplating on buying a new updated desktop computer that has vista as an operating system, what I am worried about is the ability to use my current Office 2007 which is installed on a PC with XP on the new PC with vista or am I going to have to buy a new version of Office? Jim Hello Jim, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit? With Vista 32 bit no issue but with Vista 64 bit I would certainly go for Office 64 bit. Regards, Bernd One licence................one computer. To use Office on both computers you will need to purchase another copy of Office. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On ...

Microsoft 2007
I am trying to share a workbook - Toolbar, Review/Share Workbook - Each time, I get a message, the file is no longer shared and will not let me save. Any thoughts? -- Patty I think another person of your shared workbook might have removed you from the sharing. Otherwise the file has been moved to some other location. Save the current file in your local system and try to open the Original File from its actual location. -- Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Patty" wrote: > I am tryi...

2 part protection in Word 2007
Can you proctect a single word doc on two levels? One level allowing users to fill in the forms fields only. Second level allow track changes to only a certain part of the document. When the user fills in the form fields, track changes does not show it as a change but if a user makes any changes to a body of text, it tracks the changes. Thank you for the wisdom! No, Word's protection mechanisms aren't that selective. Besides, if you're using a protected form, the user can't edit anywhere except in the form fields unless they turn off protection. -- Regards,...

csv file drops zeros at beginning of a set of Numbers
I have programs that only import the csv format. When I create the file with a text field using number such as 0101, 0321 if I close and reopen the file it drops the zero. How do I correct this? Lisa Three ways 1) If all the 'numbers' are the same length (4 characters) then via Format>Cells...Number>Custom, type 0000 2) Pre-format the cells to text and it will retain the leading zeroes. 3) rename the file with no extension or a *.txt one and then when you open it Excel will invoke the import wizard, choose delimited, comma and then in the third stage of the wizard, mar...

Data Validation in 2007
Is there a way to make the Data Validation dropdown list dispaly descriptions but when you select one it puts in the corrosponding ID instead? Example: Name: Phone # Smith 360-482-4747 Bowers 360-482-7878 Gates 360-482-8877 So when I'm in the cell and hit the drop down and Select "Bowers" - it actually saves the phone number "360-482-7878" instead of "Bowers" Not directly but in an adjacent cell you could use VLOOKUP to pickup the phone-number best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

EXCHANGE 2007 MESSAGE SIZE LIMIT
Hello. I am running an environment with Exchange 2003 and 2007. Our message size limits are 50MB and have worked fine until 2007 was installed. Now, any users on the 2003 box have only a 10MB limit, even though it says 50MB in System Manager. I have also set the parameter on the command line on the Exchange 2007 server, but no dice. Users on the 2007 server work fine. I'm stuck ... any ideas? Have you checked message size limits on the Connector? Are you using an Edge server as well? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---...

Accidental Saved over Excel File
I was clicking on a help topic and realized as it was loading the help screen, that I needed to click on the other topic. I clicked several times and then somehow it clicked something in the background in the worksheet, my worksheet is now blank, and all the data is gone. Is there ANYWAY at all to get the workbook again in the condition it was before the accidental last save??? Sorry to Say, but AFAIK there is no way to recover your files except of course if you have made a back up copy. "Tom" <wilsontb@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:00b001c38fb8$69c6da60$a00128...

Access 2007 Switchboard buttons stop working
Environments tested: Windows7, WindowsXP, Access 2007, Access 2003 Access data project (.adp) run in development mode in all tests. SQL Server 2005 back-end database. Trusted locations set up for all tests. The trusted location is the folder where the .adp resides, sub-folders included. Default file format: Access 2002-2003. I have a .adp application with a standard switchboard form as the main menu navigation. The buttons on the main switchboard form are used to launch forms, stored procedures, macros, and other child switchboard forms. The switchboard navigation buttons a...

PDF or Image file transfer to Excel
Is there any possible way to pull the information off an image onto Excel? For example, Blue Company receives a remittance advice each month from Red Customer. This remittance advice is received in PDF format and is hundreds of pages. Is there anyway to take this remittance advice in PDF format and translate it to Excel? That way all the invoices on this remittance advice do not have to be manually keyed? Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!! Ryan You can convert the pdf to an html file, and then open it up in Excel. Of course you'll lose formatting but you can reconstruct it ...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Open files while login, Pls help
Hello Everybody, I have many files that open while login to the the system using Start-All programs-Startup. However, I have noticed that whatever files that has been saved at the end of day are not reflect the same(whatever data i have saved) when i login to the system a very next morning. Could you pls help on this issue Thanks and Regards Ashfaq Noorie. PS: i'm using version 2007 excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

VBA in 2007 interface programming question.
I am looking to do 2 things: 1) Capture data typed into the cell as it's typed before Enter is pushed 2) Create a box under the cell(like when you start to type in a formula and it provides the formulas that match what you type) Can someone point me in the right direction on what I should be looking for and I can figure out the code from there. Thanks! Macros do not run when you're in edit mode. You's need to position a textbox over the cell and have the user type in that. Maybe something here might work for you: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ...

File Save in network
My application has Open,Save,SaveAs menu for its configuration file. Generally configuration files are created in network server so that they can be shared and I have trouble in saving an existing file to network server. I mean, it can create and save as a new file but if I open an existing file and try to save, then I got warning msg like "Access to \\server\folder1\folder2\conf.bin was denied"(I have permission to write to the folder). Do you think this is an application problem? Just for test, I tried saving in local folder and it works. // // Open // void CMyApp::OnFileOpen() { ...