Publisher 2007 crashes when I use spell check

With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then 
I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell 
check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker 
and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all 
to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who 
has ever reported this problem.

Any suggestions a layman might understand?

TIA
0
LeMaster (1)
10/28/2007 5:27:00 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1021 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error 
and quits
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us



-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
> With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then
> I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell
> check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker
> and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all
> to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who
> has ever reported this problem.
>
> Any suggestions a layman might understand?
>
> TIA 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/28/2007 6:19:03 PM
Hi Mary!

Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes me, 
of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I tried 
to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter is 
the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they 
should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up on 
any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error 
and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this 
info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem? I 
have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.

Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a lot 
of information from you, so thanks for that as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MsiInstaller
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1004
Date:		10/28/2007
Time:		10:46:44 AM
User:		DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
Computer:	DESKTOP
Description:
Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature 
'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}' 
failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft 
Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	7001
Date:		10/27/2007
Time:		11:43:18 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	DESKTOP
Description:
ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version: 
12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session lasted 
91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a crash.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	Microsoft Office 12
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1001
Date:		10/27/2007
Time:		11:15:19 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	DESKTOP
Description:
Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version 
12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version 
12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....    

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-- 
www.theeggshellsculptor.com


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error 
> and quits
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then
> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell
> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker
> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all
> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who
> > has ever reported this problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
> >
> > TIA 
> 
> 
> 
0
10/28/2007 7:28:01 PM
The MSSP3ES.LEX is the Spanish speller. I don't even know why you would need it. 
I have it in my folder, but I have a lot of stuff most folks don't have.
Do you have the MSSP3EN.LEX file? This is the English folder.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Proof

Do this, select all in your document, tools, language, set language, is United 
States English enabled.
The main dictionary file is here
C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.

You might run Filemon
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

Troubleshooting File System Problems
http://book.itzero.com/read/microsoft/0507/Microsoft.Press.Microsoft.Windows.Internals.Fourth.Edition.Dec.2004.internal.Fixed.eBook-DDU_html/0735619174/ch12lev1sec3.html
-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CC3D5706-B8C7-4970-AF79-6C2DBB2AECB7@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary!
>
> Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes me,
> of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I tried
> to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter is
> the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they
> should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up on
> any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error
> and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this
> info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem? I
> have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.
>
> Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a lot
> of information from you, so thanks for that as well.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1004
> Date: 10/28/2007
> Time: 10:46:44 AM
> User: DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
> Computer: DESKTOP
> Description:
> Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
> 'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}'
> failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 7001
> Date: 10/27/2007
> Time: 11:43:18 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DESKTOP
> Description:
> ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version:
> 12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session lasted
> 91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a crash.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1001
> Date: 10/27/2007
> Time: 11:15:19 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DESKTOP
> Description:
> Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version
> 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version
> 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
> 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
> 0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
> 0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
> 0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
> 0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
> 0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
> 0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
> 0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> -- 
> www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error
>> and quits
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
>> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and 
>> > then
>> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." 
>> > Spell
>> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the 
>> > spell-checker
>> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... 
>> > all
>> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who
>> > has ever reported this problem.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
>> >
>> > TIA
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/28/2007 8:11:01 PM
Another thought, try repairing your profile or create a new one.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:e2o9v6ZGIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> The MSSP3ES.LEX is the Spanish speller. I don't even know why you would need 
> it. I have it in my folder, but I have a lot of stuff most folks don't have.
> Do you have the MSSP3EN.LEX file? This is the English folder.
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Proof
>
> Do this, select all in your document, tools, language, set language, is United 
> States English enabled.
> The main dictionary file is here
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.
>
> You might run Filemon
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>
> Troubleshooting File System Problems
> http://book.itzero.com/read/microsoft/0507/Microsoft.Press.Microsoft.Windows.Internals.Fourth.Edition.Dec.2004.internal.Fixed.eBook-DDU_html/0735619174/ch12lev1sec3.html
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CC3D5706-B8C7-4970-AF79-6C2DBB2AECB7@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Mary!
>>
>> Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes me,
>> of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I tried
>> to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter is
>> the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they
>> should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up on
>> any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error
>> and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this
>> info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem? I
>> have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.
>>
>> Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a lot
>> of information from you, so thanks for that as well.
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> Event Type: Warning
>> Event Source: MsiInstaller
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1004
>> Date: 10/28/2007
>> Time: 10:46:44 AM
>> User: DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
>> Computer: DESKTOP
>> Description:
>> Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
>> 'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}'
>> failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
>> Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.
>>
>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 7001
>> Date: 10/27/2007
>> Time: 11:43:18 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: DESKTOP
>> Description:
>> ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version:
>> 12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session lasted
>> 91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a crash.
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1001
>> Date: 10/27/2007
>> Time: 11:15:19 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: DESKTOP
>> Description:
>> Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version
>> 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version
>> 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.
>>
>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>> Data:
>> 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
>> 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
>> 0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
>> 0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
>> 0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
>> 0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
>> 0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
>> 0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
>> 0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> -- 
>> www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>>
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>>> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious 
>>> error
>>> and quits
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
>>> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and 
>>> > then
>>> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." 
>>> > Spell
>>> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the 
>>> > spell-checker
>>> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... 
>>> > all
>>> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else 
>>> > who
>>> > has ever reported this problem.
>>> >
>>> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
>>> >
>>> > TIA
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/28/2007 8:20:56 PM
Well, Mary...

This is getting mysterious... I am bilingual and send many Outlook messages 
in Spanish and even though I don't have MMPS3ES.LEX, spell check works fine 
in Outlook. Go figure! As for the English .LEX, they are there and are the 
preferred. I do have the Spanish grammar checker and thesaurus files, but no 
dictionary. Bizarre.

I reset the profile and filemon. has been replaced by Process Monitor, which 
wasn't much help. What I did find is that going to C:\Documents and 
Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof, I have only "custom.dic" 
but no main dictionary file. Custom.dic is one kilobyte and includes only 
words I've added. I did a search for *.dic and it's the only one that comes 
up. I just don't get it. :::sigh::: I suppose I should just give up and proof 
carefully, but my magazine has grown so much in the past 10 years that it's 
tough enough getting it written by deadline, let alone proofed word-by-word. 
Thanks for all of your suggestions.
-- 
www.theeggshellsculptor.com


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The MSSP3ES.LEX is the Spanish speller. I don't even know why you would need it. 
> I have it in my folder, but I have a lot of stuff most folks don't have.
> Do you have the MSSP3EN.LEX file? This is the English folder.
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Proof
> 
> Do this, select all in your document, tools, language, set language, is United 
> States English enabled.
> The main dictionary file is here
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.
> 
> You might run Filemon
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
> 
> Troubleshooting File System Problems
> http://book.itzero.com/read/microsoft/0507/Microsoft.Press.Microsoft.Windows.Internals.Fourth.Edition.Dec.2004.internal.Fixed.eBook-DDU_html/0735619174/ch12lev1sec3.html
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CC3D5706-B8C7-4970-AF79-6C2DBB2AECB7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary!
> >
> > Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes me,
> > of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I tried
> > to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter is
> > the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they
> > should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up on
> > any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error
> > and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this
> > info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem? I
> > have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.
> >
> > Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a lot
> > of information from you, so thanks for that as well.
> >
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: MsiInstaller
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1004
> > Date: 10/28/2007
> > Time: 10:46:44 AM
> > User: DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
> > Computer: DESKTOP
> > Description:
> > Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
> > 'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}'
> > failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> > Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.
> >
> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> >
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 7001
> > Date: 10/27/2007
> > Time: 11:43:18 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: DESKTOP
> > Description:
> > ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version:
> > 12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session lasted
> > 91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a crash.
> >
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1001
> > Date: 10/27/2007
> > Time: 11:15:19 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: DESKTOP
> > Description:
> > Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version
> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version
> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.
> >
> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> > Data:
> > 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
> > 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
> > 0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
> > 0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
> > 0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
> > 0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
> > 0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
> > 0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
> > 0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....
> >
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > -- 
> > www.theeggshellsculptor.com
> >
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error
> >> and quits
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
> >> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and 
> >> > then
> >> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." 
> >> > Spell
> >> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the 
> >> > spell-checker
> >> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... 
> >> > all
> >> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who
> >> > has ever reported this problem.
> >> >
> >> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
> >> >
> >> > TIA
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
10/29/2007 12:41:00 AM
I visited your web site. What lovely creations!

I was born and raised in Des Moines.

There are downloads for proofing tools, could help.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/results.aspx?qu=proofing&av=DCT000

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:59CE449D-FCE5-4BFC-9952-A7AD820105CA@microsoft.com...
> Well, Mary...
>
> This is getting mysterious... I am bilingual and send many Outlook messages
> in Spanish and even though I don't have MMPS3ES.LEX, spell check works fine
> in Outlook. Go figure! As for the English .LEX, they are there and are the
> preferred. I do have the Spanish grammar checker and thesaurus files, but no
> dictionary. Bizarre.
>
> I reset the profile and filemon. has been replaced by Process Monitor, which
> wasn't much help. What I did find is that going to C:\Documents and
> Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof, I have only "custom.dic"
> but no main dictionary file. Custom.dic is one kilobyte and includes only
> words I've added. I did a search for *.dic and it's the only one that comes
> up. I just don't get it. :::sigh::: I suppose I should just give up and proof
> carefully, but my magazine has grown so much in the past 10 years that it's
> tough enough getting it written by deadline, let alone proofed word-by-word.
> Thanks for all of your suggestions.
> -- 
> www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The MSSP3ES.LEX is the Spanish speller. I don't even know why you would need 
>> it.
>> I have it in my folder, but I have a lot of stuff most folks don't have.
>> Do you have the MSSP3EN.LEX file? This is the English folder.
>> C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Proof
>>
>> Do this, select all in your document, tools, language, set language, is 
>> United
>> States English enabled.
>> The main dictionary file is here
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.
>>
>> You might run Filemon
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>>
>> Troubleshooting File System Problems
>> http://book.itzero.com/read/microsoft/0507/Microsoft.Press.Microsoft.Windows.Internals.Fourth.Edition.Dec.2004.internal.Fixed.eBook-DDU_html/0735619174/ch12lev1sec3.html
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:CC3D5706-B8C7-4970-AF79-6C2DBB2AECB7@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Mary!
>> >
>> > Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes 
>> > me,
>> > of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I 
>> > tried
>> > to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter 
>> > is
>> > the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they
>> > should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up 
>> > on
>> > any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error
>> > and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this
>> > info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem? 
>> > I
>> > have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.
>> >
>> > Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a 
>> > lot
>> > of information from you, so thanks for that as well.
>> >
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >
>> > Event Type: Warning
>> > Event Source: MsiInstaller
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 1004
>> > Date: 10/28/2007
>> > Time: 10:46:44 AM
>> > User: DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
>> > Computer: DESKTOP
>> > Description:
>> > Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
>> > 'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}'
>> > failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
>> > Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.
>> >
>> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>> >
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 7001
>> > Date: 10/27/2007
>> > Time: 11:43:18 PM
>> > User: N/A
>> > Computer: DESKTOP
>> > Description:
>> > ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version:
>> > 12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session 
>> > lasted
>> > 91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a 
>> > crash.
>> >
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >
>> > Event Type: Information
>> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 1001
>> > Date: 10/27/2007
>> > Time: 11:15:19 PM
>> > User: N/A
>> > Computer: DESKTOP
>> > Description:
>> > Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version
>> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version
>> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.
>> >
>> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>> > Data:
>> > 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
>> > 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
>> > 0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
>> > 0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
>> > 0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
>> > 0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
>> > 0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
>> > 0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
>> > 0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....
>> >
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> > -- 
>> > www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>> >
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious 
>> >> error
>> >> and quits
>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >>
>> >> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
>> >> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and
>> >> > then
>> >> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down."
>> >> > Spell
>> >> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the
>> >> > spell-checker
>> >> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" 
>> >> > function...
>> >> > all
>> >> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else 
>> >> > who
>> >> > has ever reported this problem.
>> >> >
>> >> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
>> >> >
>> >> > TIA
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/29/2007 9:05:20 AM
On Oct 29, 1:05 am, "Mary Sauer" <mary-sa...@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I visited your web site. What lovely creations!
>
> I was born and raised in Des Moines.
>
> There are downloads for proofing tools, could help.http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/results.aspx?qu=proofing&...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVPhttp://office.microsoft.com/http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:59CE449D-FCE5-4BFC-9952-A7AD820105CA@microsoft.com...
>
> > Well, Mary...
>
> > This is getting mysterious... I am bilingual and send many Outlook messages
> > in Spanish and even though I don't have MMPS3ES.LEX, spell check works fine
> > in Outlook. Go figure! As for the English .LEX, they are there and are the
> > preferred. I do have the Spanish grammar checker and thesaurus files, but no
> > dictionary. Bizarre.
>
> > I reset the profile and filemon. has been replaced by Process Monitor, which
> > wasn't much help. What I did find is that going to C:\Documents and
> > Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof, I have only "custom.dic"
> > but no main dictionary file. Custom.dic is one kilobyte and includes only
> > words I've added. I did a search for *.dic and it's the only one that comes
> > up. I just don't get it. :::sigh::: I suppose I should just give up and proof
> > carefully, but my magazine has grown so much in the past 10 years that it's
> > tough enough getting it written by deadline, let alone proofed word-by-word.
> > Thanks for all of your suggestions.
> > --
> >www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> >> The MSSP3ES.LEX is the Spanish speller. I don't even know why you would need
> >> it.
> >> I have it in my folder, but I have a lot of stuff most folks don't have.
> >> Do you have the MSSP3EN.LEX file? This is the English folder.
> >> C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Proof
>
> >> Do this, select all in your document, tools, language, set language, is
> >> United
> >> States English enabled.
> >> The main dictionary file is here
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.
>
> >> You might run Filemon
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>
> >> Troubleshooting File System Problems
> >>http://book.itzero.com/read/microsoft/0507/Microsoft.Press.Microsoft....
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >>http://office.microsoft.com/
> >>http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> >> "Gary LeMaster" <GaryLeMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>news:CC3D5706-B8C7-4970-AF79-6C2DBB2AECB7@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Mary!
>
> >> > Thanks so much for getting me closer to the solution (which still eludes
> >> > me,
> >> > of course.) The following three events appeared in the log each time I
> >> > tried
> >> > to spell check in Publisher 2007 and it seems that the crux of the matter
> >> > is
> >> > the missing MSSP3ES.LEX file. Although there are many .LEX files where they
> >> > should be, in the "proofs" folder, this one is not and it doesn't come up
> >> > on
> >> > any search of the hard drive. I did check the Support Center for each error
> >> > and I received the "Sorry, no information..." message each time. Does this
> >> > info give you any more ideas as to what I might do to resolve the problem?
> >> > I
> >> > have no clue where the .LEX file should have originally come from.
>
> >> > Your input in these forums is always interesting and I've sure learned a
> >> > lot
> >> > of information from you, so thanks for that as well.
>
> >> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> >> > Event Type: Warning
> >> > Event Source: MsiInstaller
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 1004
> >> > Date: 10/28/2007
> >> > Time: 10:46:44 AM
> >> > User: DESKTOP\Compaq_Administrator
> >> > Computer: DESKTOP
> >> > Description:
> >> > Detection of product '{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
> >> > 'SpellingFiles_ESN', component '{52632CF6-8AAB-11D2-900A-00805F9B1201}'
> >> > failed.  The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> >> > Shared\Proof\MSSP3ES.LEX' does not exist.
>
> >> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
> >> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> >> > Event Type: Error
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 7001
> >> > Date: 10/27/2007
> >> > Time: 11:43:18 PM
> >> > User: N/A
> >> > Computer: DESKTOP
> >> > Description:
> >> > ID: 8, Application Name: Microsoft Office Publisher, Application Version:
> >> > 12.0.6023.5000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session
> >> > lasted
> >> > 91 seconds with 60 seconds of active time.  This session ended with a
> >> > crash.
>
> >> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> >> > Event Type: Information
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 1001
> >> > Date: 10/27/2007
> >> > Time: 11:15:19 PM
> >> > User: N/A
> >> > Computer: DESKTOP
> >> > Description:
> >> > Bucket 474287528, bucket table 1, faulting application mspub.exe, version
> >> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, faulting module mspub.exe, version
> >> > 12.0.6023.5000, stamp 46573f6a, debug? 0, fault address 0x003eaa79.
>
> >> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> >> > Data:
> >> > 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00   B.u.c.k.
> >> > 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00   e.t.:. .
> >> > 0010: 34 00 37 00 34 00 32 00   4.7.4.2.
> >> > 0018: 38 00 37 00 35 00 32 00   8.7.5.2.
> >> > 0020: 38 00 0d 00 0a 00 42 00   8.....B.
> >> > 0028: 75 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   u.c.k.e.
> >> > 0030: 74 00 54 00 61 00 62 00   t.T.a.b.
> >> > 0038: 6c 00 65 00 20 00 31 00   l.e. .1.
> >> > 0040: 0d 00 0a 00               ....
>
> >> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >> > --
> >> >www.theeggshellsculptor.com
>
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> >> >> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious
> >> >> error
> >> >> and quits
> >> >>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us
>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >>http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >>http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> >> >> "Gary LeMaster" <Gary LeMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >>news:7C16AE89-136C-4F92-B63A-763A42361EE2@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and
> >> >> > then
> >> >> > I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down."
> >> >> > Spell
> >> >> > check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the
> >> >> > spell-checker
> >> >> > and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair"
> >> >> > function...
> >> >> > all
> >> >> > to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else
> >> >> > who
> >> >> > has ever reported this problem.
>
> >> >> > Any suggestions a layman might understand?
>
> >> >> > TIA

I found a solution to the problem that is not a quick fix cover up.
Just as a preface i was using an XP machine but it should work on
vista as well.

1. Open Outlook
2. Goto Tools
3. Trust Center
4. Add-Ins Menu (left pane)
5. Manage (bottom of window) -> select disabled Add-Ins -> go
6. Look for Add-In relating to speller or checker

have fun :)

0
johnss15 (1)
11/6/2007 5:48:10 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Computer freezes when printing mail merge in Publisher
When I use mail merge in Publisher, I can only print about 10 of the contacts at a time or Publisher freezes. It doesn't seem to matter how large or small the file size is either. The problem started when I got a new laptop. I didn't have this problem on my old one, so I'm thinking it has to be a setting somewhere. Thanks for any advice. Hi r2knutso (r2knutso@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || When I use mail merge in Publisher, I can only print about 10 of the || contacts at a time or Publisher freezes. It doesn't seem to matter || how larg...

Using rules wizard to send to a list of emails addys in BCC
i need to setup an automatic mailing of a newsletter that i receive, to be forwarded to a list of emails addresses, where the emails are inserted into the BCC line, and not the TO line. I do not want my clients to see each other's emails. thanks! No, natively you can't. Even when you use a template to reply with and fill in the BCC field it won't work. It is even worse this way; the rule gets deactivated completely. But programmatically it is possible although not supported by Microsoft. For more info; http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

vs2005 ide crash
Hi all, my machine is windows xp professional edition with visual studio 2005. my ide crashes when i try to add additional include directories or addition library directories. this is reproducible. create a project go the project properties. select c/c++; select general select the option additional include directories. if you click on the browse button (...) then you get a dialog box where you can add a line, or edit or delete a line. click add a line button. then click on the browse button, where you can choose the new include directories by another dialog box. select any folder and when ...

Can SUMPRODUCT be used for entire column?
This formula results in a numeric result: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20)*(B1:B20="b")) but this formula results in a #NUM! result: =SUMPRODUCT((A:A)*(B:B="b")) Which means I need to specify the length of the columns, which may grow over time. Any way to do this for the entire column, without having to specify the length of the column? XL07 removed the limitation on array formulas (which SUMPRODUCT is, even though it doesn't require CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER) and entire columns. For pre-XL07, one can use =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A65535, --(B1:B65536="b")) to get all but on...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007
The other day, I had to renew the Certificate on my Exchange 2007 server. Everything seemed to go alright, but eventually I received complaints that outbound email wasn't being sent. Looking at EMC showed all of the email queued up and waiting for something. After I relaxed the settings on my router (Allowed all outbound SMTP instead of restricting it to the Exchange server sending to MxLogic) all of the outbound email went though. I also was receiving reports of Webmail being broken (which was halfway fixed with the help of http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?Pr...

How do I get Powerpoint 2003 fade in 1 by 1 in 2007
I frequently used the 'fade in one by one' feature in Powerpoint 2003, which allowed me to fade in individual bullet points by way of a click of a mouse. Not only is this feature now not standard in 2007, but I can't work out how to create it: anything that I find, tends, instead, to fade the bullet points in on some kind of automatic time schedule, rather than - as I want - on a mouse click. I want only to use text, no sounds, no pictures, and nothing fancy. Currently, I am reduced to copying my material into an old Powerpoint 2003 presentation, but this is silly....

Office 2007 forms
I am creating a form with office 2007, will those people who do not use office 2007 be able to fill in my form? should I save it in a particular format? thanks Provided you start from the normal template, don't use fonts that were introduced with Word 2007, and save the form in Word 97-2003 document format, anyone with Word 97 or later should be able to open it. Use only the legacy form fields, to which end http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm will make things easier. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<...

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong
We recently switched e-mail hosts and I successfully (mostly) switched over my company's accounts from a POP server to our new IMAP server. But I'm trying to set up one more account and am running into issues. I put in all the same settings as for our other accounts, but it won't allow me to create or copy any sub-folders into the InBox folder for this account (it tells me it cannot and this is "probably due to a limitation of your imap server")...but I can do so for the other accounts on the same server. Also, when I try to view the Imap Folders, it says "The...

publisher. why does webpage preview show only half page
When I'm viewing my webpage design in webpage preview I am getting a large empty space on the right hand side and bottom of the page On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:50:02 +0000, yousane wrote (in article <65E39911-B9CA-4785-BD48-358D03F3695A@microsoft.com>): > When I'm viewing my webpage design in webpage preview I am getting a large > empty space on the right hand side and bottom of the page And your problem is...? That's how it's supposed to be. Web pages designed in Publisher do *NOT* fill the entire screen. I suggest you learn to use the right tool for the job (I&...

Using scanner in Word97
I want to scan a picture into word97 using my HP 4370 ScanJet. Could not find option of "From Scanner" under "Insert" --> "Picture". Apparently I must need some sort of Word97 Add-On. What and where is the add-on? Is it on the Office97 CD? Same applys to Excel97. Also, does microsoft sponsor a Word97 / Office97 discussion group? If so, would appreciate a link. "PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:39100DC1-A7EE-4679-881D-526BAA386620@microsoft.com... > I want to scan a picture ...

Using later version of microsoft access
Hi, I've got access 2000 on my computer. When I go to open a database someone sent me I get an error message : this database is in an unrecognized format. The database may have been created with a later version of microsoft access. Is there any way I can open and use this file (short of upgrading to later version of access)? If you do not have Access 2002 or 2003, ask the person to save it in Access 2000 format for you. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at m...

How do I copy the result of a check box into another check box?
I'm trying to copy the result of a "check box form field" into another check box. For example: if I check (or uncheck) one box in a form, another box later in the protected form will also be checked (or unchecked) , much like the ref + F9 command for the text form field. Is this possible? Thanks. This cannot be done without macros. If your project will allow macros - see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> G...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.
Hi, I do not know if i am at the right spot here, or if it is evne possible, but i got the following question. My boss would like me to make sure that every outgoing mail has the same looks. It starts by adding a signature that is the same for everyone, except with ofcourse personalized information. This was easily done by giving everyone a signature. The next question is however, to put the head of our website, also above our mail. This means that every user that sends a mail, the mail will have a nice header, underneath that header, the mail is typed, and then its ended with the si...

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel When I open a Mac Excel 2008 file on Excel 2007 and I can work with the file, however when the file is returned to the Mac, it no longer works correctly, leading to a crash as soon as I try to save or eventually it might change the file to look like a bunch of letters and characters. Here is the error report: <br><br>Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 <br><br>Error Signature: <br> Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS <br> Date/Time: 2010-01-15 17:05:56 -0600 <br> Application N...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA
What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to run a procedure that selects a range based on a number provided in another cell. For example; if the number 10 is in cell A1, then cells A20:A30 would be selected when I run the macro. If the number 6 is provided, then cells A20:A26 would be selected. Not sure where to start, so any help is appreciated. this may do what you want range("A20").Resize(range("A1").Value+1).select -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "TEK" <TEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA9FFF99-FC28-...

Publisher can not save file
I recently started having troubles with my Publisher 2003. Whenever I go to save my files now, using save as or just the save button, it gives me a dialog box that says "Can not save file." It does that twice, then it disappears. I also noticed that when it does this, it leaves the .tmp files in the directory where I tried to save. I can change the name of the files, and sometimes it will save it. Most of the time not though. I have NAV, and I noticed that it was said there was an issue with Publisher and NAV. Is this the same with the 2005 version, and is this anything anyone...

how create Quota filter in WIndows 2003 R2 using Script
Hi all I need create quota filter in Server 2003 R2 using vbscript. quota filter should be applied to directories and not by users. I searched information about it on google without success. thank's in advance Daniel Hi Daniel. First you need open your FSRM (File Server Resource Manager), then you create a quota template, you must specify if your quota is "software" (just monitoring, but never deny the user) or "hardaware" (deny users when they use 100% of the quota), you must specify if you want send e-mail to user when this user use...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2
I have the OEM version of Publisher 2002 and cannot find the Export as web page under File. Is there a way I can get that feature with a standalone disk? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chicagogal <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have the OEM version of Publisher 2002 and cannot find the Export > as web page under File. Is there a way I can get that feature with a > standalone disk? The OEM version of Publisher is exactly the same as the release in every way but the license, so the standalone version will be no differen...

Exchange server crashed, please help....! Need to restore two priv.edb and pub.edb files into one....!
Hi Guys, I was wondering if I could get some help with the following problem we are having on our company. Here is the scenario; Our Windows NT 4.0 SP4a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4 crashed (Server 1) due to the exchange database reaching its 16 Gig's max limit. I went ahead and moved some mailboxes' e-mails to a few .pst files in order to make some space. This worked ok. Then, I decided to build another exchange server (Server 2) to moved some mailboxes and alleviate the load. Once the server was ready and configured as part of the current exchange site, I went ahead and move...

Installed Font does not display in Word 2007
Only 6 of of 8 recently installed TTF fonts will display in Word 2007 Are the missing ones variants like Italic or Bold? On Dec 25, 1:28=A0pm, GWHA <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Only 6 of of 8 recently installed TTF fonts will display in Word 2007 ...

Why will my publisher 2003 not print graphics?
I have recently loaded windows 7, and since then I cannot print any graphics from any publisher document, text and infills print but lines do not! I have looked at the advance printer settings and the "Do not print any graphics" box is not ticked. I have also tried reloading publisher but this did nothing. Any ideas anyone? Might take a look at the web site of your printer model to see if there are Windows 7 drivers. Will the document print okay if you convert it to PDF? There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com is free. It is always wise to completely remove ...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003
How do I covert PUB2000 documents to Pub2003 documents and vice versa? Pub 2003 can open anything, no conversion necessary. Going backward is a bit trickier. File - Save As and chance the file type to a Pub 2000 file. Possible problems can arise if you've used a feature that was not available in the 2000 version and your file size will grew immensely. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nasuco" <nasuco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:500C7A7A-4026-434C-8CC2-2DFDB69D81C4@microsoft.com... > How do I covert PUB2000 documents to Pub2003 do...

Previous/Next in Outlook 2003 email message crash
I have Outlook 2003, when I opened an email then after reading it, I clicked Previous or Next Item within my message, it crashed Outlook. Does anyone have or seen this problem before, any fixes or solution? Thanks in advance. Tlam ...