Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled

I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards
(marketing material).  When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved.  I
notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option
is not enabled.  What's it for and why is it not enabled?  My printing is
very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards),
but I will post that separately.

Thanks.
0
Howard5145 (82)

Anyone?

"Howard" wrote:

> I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards
> (marketing material).  When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved.  I
> notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option
> is not enabled.  What's it for and why is it not enabled?  My printing is
> very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards),
> but I will post that separately.
>
> Thanks.
0
Howard5145 (82)
9/3/2007 12:34:03 PM
On Aug 30, 6:00 pm, Howard <How...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards
> (marketing material).  When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved.  I
> notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option
> is not enabled.  What's it for and why is it not enabled?

I've not a clue what it's for, but  I suspect that it will only work
when you plan to send your copy to a commercial publisher.  Might only
work if you also have Adobe Acrobat installed (not the reader, the
full version).

FYI... it's enabled in my Pub2007 and I have Acrobat 8 installed.

0
pauld1943 (45)
9/4/2007 1:59:39 AM
Uncle Grumpy wrote:
> I've not a clue what it's for, but  I suspect that it will only work
> when you plan to send your copy to a commercial publisher.  Might only
> work if you also have Adobe Acrobat installed (not the reader, the
> full version).

It will not work if you're mail merging (you can't merge to an offset
press). It should work most other times - it doesn't rely on you having
Acrobat or on ultimately sending the file to a commercial printer
(although that's the main reason you'd want to use it). In order to
successfully output in the colour space chosen, though, you do need to
output to a commercial printer.

I don't know why it's disabled in Howard's case, but unless he wants to
ultimately print on a commercial press, then he shouldn't need to use
the command anyway.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Transparent shapes in Publisher 2003
Hi, I have a problem that I've posted on the Adobe Acrobat Forum and so far nobody has been able to provide a resolution to my problem. I've created some documents in Publisher 2003 that contain a few transparent shapes which act to highlight text, and also a WordArt title that has a shadow. However when I convert them to PDF to send to a Printing Company, the transparent shapes and the shadow come out as cross-hatch and not a smooth transparency - completely ruining the look of the documents. I'm assuming that this is not something new, so would hope that somone out there ...

Publisher can't open files...
Conditions for the PC mentioned below: O/S: Wxp Pro - total updated. Office: Of2k - total updated. ****** Situation: I have received e-mails with publisher-files attached. When I try to open the files, my Publisher comes up with the error-message (translated from danish to english): "Publisher can't open files, which are created in another version of Publisher." When I look in the properties of the files, I can see the author's name, but not the version of the publisher, with which the files are created, or the Publisher-format of the files. (It should have been a goo...

conditional formatting
I have uses conditional formattiong to hilighte a cell if there is an N in the cell: =LEFT(A4,1)="n" What I would like to do is hilight the row rather than just the cell. Can anyone help Thanks Dick Say your data's in columns A thru Z Highlight columns A thru Z get into conditional formating For a formula put... =Left($a4,1)='n' This will keep Excel looking at column A for comparison to 'n' yet will highlight columns A thru Z -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown ...

PS 2007 Administrative Time
We have configured our timesheets for weekly reporting. I added the administrative time to the timesheet however I am unable to enter any time in. I can enter time for projects in the timesheet but not the administrative time. Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior? Thank you. ...

How do i stop the colors changing on my pivot chart when i refres.
How do i stop the colors changing on my pivot chart when i refresh the pivot table? Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 kev from uk wrote: > How do i stop the colors changing on my pivot chart when i refresh the pivot > table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Printing a Sheet
How about something a little easier is it possible to create a button on a excel sheet that when clicked will print the current sheet? Nick Yes. Go to "View", "Toolbars" and switch on the "Forms" tool bar. Insert a button on your spreadsheet from the "Forms" toolbar. Create a macro that prints whatever it is you want to print. Right click the button you inserted onto your spreadsheet and go to "Assign Macro". Assign the macro you have just created. -- Martin "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmk0...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

forward email form one outlook 2007 profile to another
I am a google apps sync user and when my email comes into Outlook it goes into the apps profile inbox. Maybe some of you are aware of the problem with google apps in that you cannot change the "From" field in outgoing mail. For example: my wife and I are a Realtor team, our domain is xxx.com. Our account email address in google apps is PamandBruce@xxx.com When an email is sent from the apps profile in Outlook 2007, it shows as coming from just my name and this apparently cannot be changed. Can I create a new profile in Outlook 2007, have the mail from the google app...

Change words color within one item in CListBox
Hello, I can't find a solution how to change the color of certain words in a CListBox within one item. I can change the text color of the whole item but not of certain words. Thank you You will have to do owner draw of listbox. When owner drawing, you can change the color of anything you want. There are several samples at codeguru/codeproject which will help you do this. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Exchange 2000 to 2007 Migration
Are the steps the same for migrating Exchange 2000 to 2007, as they are migrating to 2003? Are these the steps I would take? : 1. Install new Exchange 2007 Server. 2. Move all user mailboxes to the new Exchange 2007 Server. 3. Create replicas of all public folders. 4. Follow the instructions in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917 Thanks in advance.... On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:05:19 -0400, Mark Greene <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote: > >Are the steps the same for migrating Exchange 2000 to 2007, as they >are migrating to 2003? > >Are these the steps I would take? : ...

Outlook 2007 Questions
I have just installed outlook 2007 and its working well.However with no messages in my Inbox I have a message at the bottom of the window which says Filter Applied 4 items. Do I have 4 hidden emails and what does Filter Applied mean. I changed junk email filter to none but filter applied is still there and nothing in the junk email folder. Apart from some extra mail folders everything is pretty much default. Filter Applied refers to your view settings; View-> Current View Make sure this is set to Messages. If it still says "Filter Applied" then reset your current...

Suggestion
As well as the two existing options for email tracking (track only incoming email with a tracking token, and track all), I'd like to see a third, intermediate one - 'Track incoming email that matches to a CRM-held email address'. If the sender's email address is found in CRM (on a lead, contact or account), the email can be tracked in CRM - if not, it isn't. Incoming email from recognisable email addresses would therefore be tracked automatically, and spam that makes it past the spam filter wouldn't. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and ...

printing double sided in Publisher
I’ve searched Publisher thoroughly, and I can’t find a command to print a regular book—on both sides of the pages. Clicking the “double side” command causes Publisher to shrink two pages and print them side-by-side on one side of a page. Not what I want. Word lets you print all the odd pages of the book, flip the stack over, reinsert it into the paper feed, then print all the even pages. Voila! Double sided printing. Why can’t Publisher do that? Or can it? -- cassjmb It's not a Publisher thing. If your printer can't print double-sided, nothing Publisher can do will change tha...

Excel 2007 sucks. Older versions are much better.
I really hate the 2007 version! I was VERY proficient with XL before, and now I am totally helpless trying to create some simple X-Y charts. The help tools are totally worthless! There should be some means to emulate older versions for those of us who don't want to learn a totally new system. Microsoft really screwed up a good product! Hi, There are ways to emulate the older version: http://www.download.com/Classic-Menu-for-Office-2007/3000-18483_4-10637184.html http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/ http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer/index.php http://www....

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 through LAN
Hello, I got a new laptop at work with Vista and outlook 2007 and I cannot set it up to connect to my company's exchange 2003 through LAN. I followed the manual set up and entered the exchange server details and my mailbox but I constantly get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected and.... My previous laptop was running XP na doutlook 2003 and worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Row/Column unhide shortcut keys not working in excel 2007
Specs: AMD 64 X2, Vista Business Edition, Office 2007. I searched through the groups, but I didn't come across an answer to my problem.. Do the shortcut keys for row/column unhide work in excel 2007? I'm used to excel 2002/03 where the command is CTRL+SHIFT+9 and CTRL+SHIFT+0. According to the excel 2007 help, the commands are the same, but they do not work for me (I can unhide by going to Cells- >Format-> Hide & unhide). Interestingly, Ctrl+9 and Ctrl+0 work fine for hiding rows/columns. On a (related?) note, in the following thread http://groups.google.com/group/microso...

Installing Publisher 2000
My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the installation. It gets stuck on the same file every time. I don't really want to have to buy a new one. Any ideas? -- Thanks, Denise Your local CD store will have a CD repair kit that might help. -- "Denise W" <DeniseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5EC7020-A3D9-4050-9BF8-6F5D714642BB@microsoft.com... > My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the > installation. It gets stuck on the same file every time. I don't re...

publisher file conversion message
I have publisher 2003. When I get an email with a jpg attachment. When I select open, Publisher gives me a file conversion message. This is a new message. Why can't I open these attachments? flowjam64 wrote: > I have publisher 2003. When I get an email with a jpg attachment. > When I select open, Publisher gives me a file conversion message. > This is a new message. Why can't I open these attachments? ============================ There's no reason to have Publisher associated with .jpg files. Have a look at the following info: (307859) HOW TO: Change File Associa...

Can I install Publisher 97 on a new computer with Vista?
I'm about to bite the bullet and replace my 9 year old computer, but Vista scares me. ;-) I use Microsoft Publisher 97 once in a while to perform simple tasks, and I'd hate to lose it. Will I be able to install it onto a new computer, or will I have to update? Thanks, Marcia You can certainly try. Whether it works properly is another issue. If I had to guess, you will have some problems that cannot be resolved. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" <Marcia R.spamlessinlasvegas@cox.net> wrote in mes...

Printing #27
The print preview looks great, but then i print and the logo or picture is missing (prints everything else, but not the pictures)? I tried to print from another pc and the logo or pictures print. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix on the pc i need to use. It will not print pictures i try to publish. Thank you! What version Publisher? Publisher 2007--Look at the Advanced settings in the Printer setup, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain *Print all pictures at full-resolution* is checked. If you are using earlier versions this option will be available when you are ready to print. ...

Problem printing reports via RMS Manager
Hi. Sometimes (not always) when I try to print reports from RMS the first page comes out blank. Any reason why that is? I don't have an answer for you, but I had the same issue first with a Canon and then with an HP printer I used to have. I now have a Lexmark and it no longer happens. So I was thinking it might have something to do with HP's and Canon's printer drivers. It definitly leads me to believe it's a printer issue, not with RMS. Craig "Arthur" <Arthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60C50F52-BB02-4B5D-AF8C-E170989CD037@micros...

Stacked Color Charts
I have created a vertical stacked color chart, 13 bars, each with 10 colors, denoting positive and negative volume. I have selected one of the data sets, and changed it into a line chart. When I do this, the X axis labels (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.) move up the '0" line of the Y Axis, and therefore they are right in the middle of the stacked color bars. How can I move them back down below the X axis . Using Excel 2003. Hi, Double-click the Y axis and choose the Scale tab. Set Category (X) axis Crosses at to a lower value than 0. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. ...

Print sorted data
I'm want to sort data frfom various worksheets and that this data be printed all in one page, actually if the information is from five diferent worksheets, the print out comes out in five diferent pages.. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003. Please help. Hi Joseph Maybe you can use this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph Solis" <Joseph Solis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186904AC-D5B4-41D6-8ED6-961D5AB77479@microsoft.com... > I'm want to sort data frfom various worksh...

Northwind Data Base 2007
Is there a Access 2007 version of the Northwind Data Base? If not, is there an equivalent sample with macros and VBA code? Ed Hi Ed, Try this (assuming you're using Access 2007): 1. Open Access 2. On the Getting Started screen there are some categories listed in the left task pane 3. Click the one called Sample 4. You should see the Northwind 2007 template now in the middle of the screen 5. Click on the icon, enter the name and location on the right task pane, and then click the Download button Or this: 1. Search your computer for the file called Northwind.accdt 2. On a Win XP machin...

Multiple companies printing to different printers
Having trouble getting specific printers to work with different companies. 3 Companies are setup, they all use the same system printer for reports (that works fine), but they use different INVOICE printers. 2 companies use one printer and the 3rd company uses a different printer. I setup specific Company Class named printers for each company, but when I assign a named printer to a task in one company it tries to assign the same named printer to the same task in the other companies. in the other comapnies it shows as a Company Class printer, but since the same named printer isn't set...