Publisher 2007 and Adobe

I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could
easily same my documents in pdf.  However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone.
 How do I get it back?  I have Adobe Standard.

0
Pam1 (264)

Pam wrote:
> I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could
> easily same my documents in pdf.  However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone.

The PDFMaker add-in is not (yet) compatible with Office 2007 (although
you can still print to the Adobe PDF driver as always).

If you download Microsoft's Save As PDF And XPS add-in from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en,
you'll get a similar capability provided by Microsoft, except more
integrated with the program (and less prone to crashing the program
without reason).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I
>could
> easily same my documents in pdf.  However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is
> gone.
> How do I get it back?  I have Adobe Standard.

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/7/2007 10:24:28 PM
Oh - even after they do support it, unless you have Acrobat v7 or 8, you are
out of luck.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I
>could
> easily same my documents in pdf.  However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is
> gone.
> How do I get it back?  I have Adobe Standard.

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/7/2007 10:25:07 PM
On 2/7/07 2:25 PM, in article ewXTPbwSHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "JoAnn
Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote:

> Oh - even after they do support it, unless you have Acrobat v7 or 8, you are
> out of luck.
Publisher has a plug-in, actually Office has a plug-in, that allows you to
save as a PDF or XPS (who uses those??) document. It works well. I prefer
that it leaves everything high res and RGB but it does work. Acrobat 8 will
not convert a Publisher file directly to PDF like it used to do with Office
2003 and before.

I think two developers got in a p!ssing contest and us users got wet.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 618-2537 - Cell
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com
http://blog.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

0
matt4238 (148)
2/7/2007 11:11:13 PM
Yes, it does however I can't see using that when I have Acrobat. I
personally want a .pdf creating program that will work in ANY program that
can be printed, not just Office. Personal preference, personal opinion.  ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Matt Beals" <matt@mattbeals.com> wrote in message
> On 2/7/07 2:25 PM, in article ewXTPbwSHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> "JoAnn
> Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh - even after they do support it, unless you have Acrobat v7 or 8, you
>> are
>> out of luck.
> Publisher has a plug-in, actually Office has a plug-in, that allows you to
> save as a PDF or XPS (who uses those??) document. It works well. I prefer
> that it leaves everything high res and RGB but it does work. Acrobat 8
> will
> not convert a Publisher file directly to PDF like it used to do with
> Office
> 2003 and before.
>
> I think two developers got in a p!ssing contest and us users got wet.
>
> Matt Beals
> Consultant
> Enfocus Certified Trainer
> Markzware Recognized Trainer
> (206) 618-2537 - Cell
> (720) 367-3869 - eFax
> mailto:matt@mattbeals.com
>
> Come visit me at:
>
> http://www.mattbeals.com
> http://forums.mattbeals.com
> http://blog.mattbeals.com
>
> Friends don't let friends write HTML email

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/7/2007 11:49:38 PM
The Publisher 2007 PDF add-in for the post-Feb-1 Trial version is displaying
all my text (inside a text box) in BLACK only! Bleagh!!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Pam wrote:
> > I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could
> > easily same my documents in pdf.  However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone.
>
> The PDFMaker add-in is not (yet) compatible with Office 2007 (although
> you can still print to the Adobe PDF driver as always).
>
> If you download Microsoft's Save As PDF And XPS add-in from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en,
> you'll get a similar capability provided by Microsoft, except more
> integrated with the program (and less prone to crashing the program
> without reason).
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Eliot (5)
2/8/2007 7:54:01 PM
On 2/7/07 3:49 PM, in article eU5JeKxSHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, "JoAnn
Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it does however I can't see using that when I have Acrobat. I
> personally want a .pdf creating program that will work in ANY program that
> can be printed, not just Office. Personal preference, personal opinion.  ;-)

Printing to Distiller will certainly do that. I do have to say that the PDF
Export plug-in sure does a pretty damn good job.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 618-2537 - Cell
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com
http://blog.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

0
matt4238 (148)

Outlook 2007 and digital certificate
Hello, I've been using Outlook 2007 for a while with a digital certificate I have from Comodo. It is annoying how every signed e-mail I sent, Outlook has to ask me _twice_ about granting access to the certificate in order to send _any_ e-mail I want to sign. I have already trusted the certificate using the Trust Center in Outlook but it doesn't help. If the window for granting/denying access showed up only once I would not be bothered at all, but why twice? I didn't have this problem in Outlook Express nor in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this? I'd be very thank...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

Move page between publisher
I have two Publisher files and need to move one page from one file and insert into another file. Cannot not find the answer in help. Open the files in separate instances of Publisher. Group the objects on the page you want to move, lock them together, click and copy the entire group, then paste it into the other Pub file. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "ss0806" <ss0806@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AE6131E-8165-4E56-8B30-56E5B06EB9E0@microsoft.com... > I have two Publisher files and need to move one page from o...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Outlook 2007 attachment problem
Hi, I have tried to get help on this problem for a month or so, on different forums, but there is no-one who can help me. I came across this forum today and am hoping that some who understand Outlook 2007 inside out can help me. I have an email in the drafts folder which is 480MB in size. It contains all my emails from my inbox in one attachment. I don't know how it happened, but I need to get those emails back from the attachment and put them back in my inbox. Everytime I try to open the attachment, my outlook grinds to a halt. I can only 'open' it when I run...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

deploy of moss 2007 into existing environment of project server 20
I have installed project server 2007 installation in two server First is Front End Application Server and Second is Backend Database Server . I want to know after deploy sharepoint server 2007 in existing project server 2007 environment . I will start Office Sharepoint search . but I dont want to designate this application server as an Index and Query Server. and dont want to another server . I am deploying SharePoint Server 2007 in Project Server 2007 enviroment only for use automated proposal feature of Project Server 2007 . http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc1...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Outlook 2007 & RPC over HTTP
Hello, I think this was discussed some times before but I wasn't able to find a solution. We plan to change our mail provider and use a hosted Exchange environment for our emails. For testing purposes, I signed-up with our desired provider. Everything works fine except saving the passwords in Outlook for the mailbox. I am asked for the password all the time. I already tried the following advices (I know some are addressed to Outlook 2003 etc. but I wanted to give it a try...): http://www.123together.com/Support/save_your_exchange_password_in_outlook2003.htm http://support.microsoft.co...

Turn off Spell Check in Outlook 2007
You can leave the textual spell check enabled but turn off the annoying window when sending email by going in to Tools, Options, Spelling. Took me forever to find this.... ...

How do I create a horizontal document in publisher?
I want to create a 6" high X 11" wide document in Publisher and do not know how. Anyone have the answer? Start a new document and set your page up with those dimensions. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "chirostv55" <chirostv55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F04A96EC-5593-4781-AA3F-D63D0B5DE02E@microsoft.com... >I want to create a 6" high X 11" wide document in Publisher and do not know > how. Anyone have the answer? What version Publisher? If you ar...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Exchange 2007 Security
I know by default exchange 2007 uses encryption when it tranfers data between mail servers. does it have a feature that would allow you send an encrypted message to another person outside your company like some 3rd party products. I know you can do digital signatures. Eddie <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know by default exchange 2007 uses encryption when it tranfers data between >mail servers. does it have a feature that would allow you send an encrypted >message to another person outside your company like some 3rd party products. What 3rd-party products? A...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Where do I find updates or downloads for Publisher 2001
I am trying to find updates and or downloads for Microsoft picture it publishing 2001 but continually get no information found, as a comeback but I know it existsbecause I have a copy can anyone help please? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rogjoolstwo <rogjoolstwo@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to find updates and or downloads for Microsoft picture it > publishing 2001 but continually get no information found, as a > comeback but I know it existsbecause I have a copy can anyone help > please? Microsoft PictureIt ...

Mouse not responding with Publisher 2000 and 2002
About 2 weeks ago while working on a newsletter, my mouse began to slow and then hung up completely. I had to restart the computer to be able to use it for a while and then the same thing happened again. The problem continues. The mouse works well in other programs and with the desktop. I checked the CPU and found that Publisher is pulling almost all my resources when it is running. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this happen? Probably not the mouse PUB2002: How to Troubleshoot Video Problems in Microsoft Publisher 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323786&am...

cannot export to excel mso 2007 SP2
I can export to excel in design view, but not when the report is opened from the switchboard. Right click also does not work. Ideas? TIA! -JS You have to right click on the file name in order to export. So when the report is open you would not be able to do that. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "DevourU" wrote: > I can export to excel in design view, but not when the report is opened from > the switchboard. Right click also does not work. Ideas? TIA! > > -JS In design mode, print preview, all options to export are available in the ...

Access 2007 Security
Hello to all! I hope everyone is going great! Please don't tell me that Access 2007 does not have security levels. How am I supposed to secure the tablesA? I have a simple database. I need for the other users to view the data only. I do not want for anyone else to be able to edit the database. However, I would like for the user to be able to sort and filter whatever. As long as they cannot edit we are ok. Please advice. Thank you! -- Ofelia "Ofelia" <ofywelch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11D18E71-7205-4793-A154-7BD12C5079DE@microsoft.com... > > ...

red x in email in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED x's. Did not have problem in Office 2003. Please help me... Steve "Steve-O" <Steve-O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C0B6E2-7BEE-47BC-B398-9037FB254F62@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. > > When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED > x's. > > Did not have problem in Office 2003. > > Please help me... Tools, Trust Center, Automat...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

Microsoft Releases Access 2007 Runtime for Free!
Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:00:01 -0000, "bsmith59@gmail.com" <bsmith59@gmail.com> wrote: >Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! > >http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ > >Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple >users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=7&SrcDi...

Help! Converting to 2007 from 2000
Hello all, We have just installed Access 2007 and are trying to convert the 2000 database to 2007. I converted the database (both FE and BE), enabled the content and added the trusted locations. I still cannot open anything. I even tried opening it as a 2000 format but no luck. When I go to the objects window, the queries are listed but none of the forms, reports or modules appear and I get an error message saying that the MainMenu cannot be found or is mispelled. That's the form that is supposed to be displayed when the database is opened. I spend hours searching the MS websit...