publisher 2007 addin won't install

I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download site and
downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look like
any kind of install program ran.
When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
available.
Checking for addins I can't find any available.
I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs dialog
box in Control Panel.
What must I do to properly install the addin?
0
xseedman (14)

Can you find the download on your computer?

Did you try the other download? (PDF or XPS)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

There are other free converters around. www.primopdf.com is recommended here
often. If you are interested in others, look for free PDF converters through
your favorite search engine.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
> documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download site and
> downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
> Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look like
> any kind of install program ran.
> When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
> available.
> Checking for addins I can't find any available.
> I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs dialog
> box in Control Panel.
> What must I do to properly install the addin?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/18/2007 3:15:10 PM
xseedman wrote:
> I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
> documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download
> site and downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
> Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look
> like any kind of install program ran.
> When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
> available.
> Checking for addins I can't find any available.
> I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs
> dialog box in Control Panel.
> What must I do to properly install the addin?
=====================================
Just to verify...did you do the following steps...

Open Publisher 2007...

Go to...File / Save As...

Open the "Save As Type" drop window...

Scroll down to...PDF...

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/18/2007 3:22:47 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I fouind the download on my computer in the folder where all my download
files are saved.
I actually downloaded 2 files and neither one seemed to install the addin.
The files were:
SaveAsPDF.exe
SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe

I already have another free converter, but thought that since the addin was
made for Publisher 2007 that it might work better than the free one I already
have.

The process of installing the addin was not like it was described on the
Microsoft web site. I expected an installer to start, prompting for some
information, and then installing the program. All I got was a Command window
that appeared briefly. There was also no indication that the addin program
had installed, because Microsoft indicated that you could remove it from the
Add or Remove programs window in Control Panel. Also, when checking for the
addin in Publisher there was no indication that it was there.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Can you find the download on your computer?
>
> Did you try the other download? (PDF or XPS)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>
> There are other free converters around. www.primopdf.com is recommended here
> often. If you are interested in others, look for free PDF converters through
> your favorite search engine.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
> > documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download site and
> > downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
> > Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look like
> > any kind of install program ran.
> > When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
> > available.
> > Checking for addins I can't find any available.
> > I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs dialog
> > box in Control Panel.
> > What must I do to properly install the addin?

0
xseedman (14)
11/18/2007 7:32:01 PM
Thanks for your reply, John.

I did all the following you mentioned except:
Scroll down to...PDF...
because it wasn't there.

It looks like the addin didn't install, but I can't figure out why.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> xseedman wrote:
> > I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
> > documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download
> > site and downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
> > Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look
> > like any kind of install program ran.
> > When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
> > available.
> > Checking for addins I can't find any available.
> > I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs
> > dialog box in Control Panel.
> > What must I do to properly install the addin?
> =====================================
> Just to verify...did you do the following steps...
>
> Open Publisher 2007...
>
> Go to...File / Save As...
>
> Open the "Save As Type" drop window...
>
> Scroll down to...PDF...
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
xseedman (14)
11/18/2007 7:36:02 PM
Do you have the full version of Office rather than a trial?
Additional Office content may not be installed successfully when you install a
trial version of an Office program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929727/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I fouind the download on my computer in the folder where all my download
> files are saved.
> I actually downloaded 2 files and neither one seemed to install the addin.
> The files were:
> SaveAsPDF.exe
> SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe
>
> I already have another free converter, but thought that since the addin was
> made for Publisher 2007 that it might work better than the free one I already
> have.
>
> The process of installing the addin was not like it was described on the
> Microsoft web site. I expected an installer to start, prompting for some
> information, and then installing the program. All I got was a Command window
> that appeared briefly. There was also no indication that the addin program
> had installed, because Microsoft indicated that you could remove it from the
> Add or Remove programs window in Control Panel. Also, when checking for the
> addin in Publisher there was no indication that it was there.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Can you find the download on your computer?
>>
>> Did you try the other download? (PDF or XPS)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>>
>> There are other free converters around. www.primopdf.com is recommended here
>> often. If you are interested in others, look for free PDF converters through
>> your favorite search engine.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have recently installed Publisher 2007 and want to be able to save
>> > documents in pdf format. I followed the instructions on the download site
>> > and
>> > downloaded the file SaveAsPDF.exe
>> > Opening that file opens a Command window briefly and it doesn't look like
>> > any kind of install program ran.
>> > When opening Publisher, I find that the option to save as PDF is not
>> > available.
>> > Checking for addins I can't find any available.
>> > I can not find that Microsoft addin program in the remove programs dialog
>> > box in Control Panel.
>> > What must I do to properly install the addin?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/18/2007 7:36:38 PM
To my knowledge it is a full version. This was a stand alone version of
Publisher 2007 and not part of an office suite.

This was obtained from Mindshare by our computer user group. It was not
requested, rather came with some "freebies" from Mindshare with a Powerpoint
CD for promotional purposes.

Our understanding was that this was a full version and a review for
Mindshare was not required to obtain a key for full registration. It also
required validation upon opening the program for the first time. It had a 25
charecter Product Key and seemed to install like a full version. It is
licensed to our computer user group with a Product ID shown in the About
Microsoft Publisher dialog box.
Is there any way that I can check to determine if it is a full version?
It doesn't tell you that there are only a certain number of days or uses
when it is opened.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have the full version of Office rather than a trial?
> Additional Office content may not be installed successfully when you install a
> trial version of an Office program

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> > I fouind the download on my computer in the folder where all my download
> > files are saved.
> > I actually downloaded 2 files and neither one seemed to install the addin.
> > The files were:
> > SaveAsPDF.exe
> > SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe
> >
> > I already have another free converter, but thought that since the addin was
> > made for Publisher 2007 that it might work better than the free one I already
> > have.
> >
> > The process of installing the addin was not like it was described on the
> > Microsoft web site. I expected an installer to start, prompting for some
> > information, and then installing the program. All I got was a Command window
> > that appeared briefly. There was also no indication that the addin program
> > had installed, because Microsoft indicated that you could remove it from the
> > Add or Remove programs window in Control Panel. Also, when checking for the
> > addin in Publisher there was no indication that it was there.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you find the download on your computer?
> >>
> >> Did you try the other download? (PDF or XPS)
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
> >>
> >> There are other free converters around. www.primopdf.com is recommended here
> >> often. If you are interested in others, look for free PDF converters through
> >> your favorite search engine.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
xseedman (14)
11/18/2007 9:18:01 PM
I don't know what to tell you. There maybe something about this particular issue
of Publisher that is keeping the add-ins from working.

Here is a different article that you might read for enlightenment or more
confusion.

Description of the numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in 2007 Office suites
and programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928516/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> To my knowledge it is a full version. This was a stand alone version of
> Publisher 2007 and not part of an office suite.
>
> This was obtained from Mindshare by our computer user group. It was not
> requested, rather came with some "freebies" from Mindshare with a Powerpoint
> CD for promotional purposes.
>
> Our understanding was that this was a full version and a review for
> Mindshare was not required to obtain a key for full registration. It also
> required validation upon opening the program for the first time. It had a 25
> charecter Product Key and seemed to install like a full version. It is
> licensed to our computer user group with a Product ID shown in the About
> Microsoft Publisher dialog box.
> Is there any way that I can check to determine if it is a full version?
> It doesn't tell you that there are only a certain number of days or uses
> when it is opened.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have the full version of Office rather than a trial?
>> Additional Office content may not be installed successfully when you install
>> trial version of an Office program
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the quick reply.
>> >
>> > I fouind the download on my computer in the folder where all my download
>> > files are saved.
>> > I actually downloaded 2 files and neither one seemed to install the addin.
>> > The files were:
>> > SaveAsPDF.exe
>> > SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe
>> >
>> > I already have another free converter, but thought that since the addin was
>> > made for Publisher 2007 that it might work better than the free one I
>> > already
>> > have.
>> >
>> > The process of installing the addin was not like it was described on the
>> > Microsoft web site. I expected an installer to start, prompting for some
>> > information, and then installing the program. All I got was a Command
>> > window
>> > that appeared briefly. There was also no indication that the addin program
>> > had installed, because Microsoft indicated that you could remove it from
>> > the
>> > Add or Remove programs window in Control Panel. Also, when checking for the
>> > addin in Publisher there was no indication that it was there.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/18/2007 10:40:39 PM
xseedman wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, John.
>
> I did all the following you mentioned except:
> Scroll down to...PDF...
> because it wasn't there.
>
> It looks like the addin didn't install, but I can't figure out why.
=======================
Sorry...I have no idea why it did not install...

FWIW...I have it installed on my system and
it shows in Add-Remove Programs as follows:

"Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs"

I think I would close all programs, disconnect
from the net, disable my virus scanner and try
installing one more time.

Good luck.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/18/2007 10:54:05 PM
Thats interesting. I checked it out, and was able to determine that I have a
retail (or OEM) version.

Now all I have to do is figure out why it won't install.
I love a challange like this, but am willing to only spend so much time
trying to figure it out.

Do you think it makes any difference that I have office 2003 Professional
installed on the same machine, or that I have other pdf converters and an old
version (4) of Adobe Acrobat on the machine?

I've also noticed that this addin puts the save to pdf in the file >save>
menu, where other pdf converters install a printer driver to accomplish the
task and you have to print ot that printer to save it on your computer.

I'm going to check on the one you suggested and see if it is a printer
driver or an addin that works off the SaveAs menu.

Your suggestons are appreciated.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I don't know what to tell you. There maybe something about this particular issue
> of Publisher that is keeping the add-ins from working.
>
> Here is a different article that you might read for enlightenment or more
> confusion.
>
> Description of the numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in 2007 Office suites
> and programs

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > To my knowledge it is a full version. This was a stand alone version of
> > Publisher 2007 and not part of an office suite.
> >
> > This was obtained from Mindshare by our computer user group. It was not
> > requested, rather came with some "freebies" from Mindshare with a Powerpoint
> > CD for promotional purposes.
> >
> > Our understanding was that this was a full version and a review for
> > Mindshare was not required to obtain a key for full registration. It also
> > required validation upon opening the program for the first time. It had a 25
> > charecter Product Key and seemed to install like a full version. It is
> > licensed to our computer user group with a Product ID shown in the About
> > Microsoft Publisher dialog box.
> > Is there any way that I can check to determine if it is a full version?
> > It doesn't tell you that there are only a certain number of days or uses
> > when it is opened.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have the full version of Office rather than a trial?
> >> Additional Office content may not be installed successfully when you install
> >> trial version of an Office program
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929727/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
xseedman (14)
11/18/2007 11:19:34 PM
Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll try that

Do you get a chance to see the replies to this by Mary Sauer?

"John Inzer" wrote:

> xseedman wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply, John.
> >
> > I did all the following you mentioned except:
> > Scroll down to...PDF...
> > because it wasn't there.
> >
> > It looks like the addin didn't install, but I can't figure out why.
> =======================
> Sorry...I have no idea why it did not install...
>
> FWIW...I have it installed on my system and
> it shows in Add-Remove Programs as follows:
>
> "Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs"
>
> I think I would close all programs, disconnect
> from the net, disable my virus scanner and try
> installing one more time.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
xseedman (14)
11/18/2007 11:24:00 PM
xseedman wrote:
> Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll try that
>
> Do you get a chance to see the replies to this by Mary Sauer?
==============================
Yes, I've seen Mary's replies and she is
the best. If anyone can figure this out
Mary can.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/19/2007 3:30:28 AM
Have you ever had any of your applications validated? According to the first
article:
*This behavior is by design. To be a genuine Microsoft Office user, you must
have at least one non-trial version of an Office XP program, an Office 2003
program, or a 2007 Office program installed and validated by Office Genuine
Advantage.*
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thats interesting. I checked it out, and was able to determine that I have a
> retail (or OEM) version.
>
> Now all I have to do is figure out why it won't install.
> I love a challange like this, but am willing to only spend so much time
> trying to figure it out.
>
> Do you think it makes any difference that I have office 2003 Professional
> installed on the same machine, or that I have other pdf converters and an old
> version (4) of Adobe Acrobat on the machine?
>
> I've also noticed that this addin puts the save to pdf in the file >save>
> menu, where other pdf converters install a printer driver to accomplish the
> task and you have to print ot that printer to save it on your computer.
>
> I'm going to check on the one you suggested and see if it is a printer
> driver or an addin that works off the SaveAs menu.
>
> Your suggestons are appreciated.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I don't know what to tell you. There maybe something about this particular
>> issue
>> of Publisher that is keeping the add-ins from working.
>>
>> Here is a different article that you might read for enlightenment or more
>> confusion.
>>
>> Description of the numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in 2007 Office
>> suites
>> and programs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > To my knowledge it is a full version. This was a stand alone version of
>> > Publisher 2007 and not part of an office suite.
>> >
>> > This was obtained from Mindshare by our computer user group. It was not
>> > requested, rather came with some "freebies" from Mindshare with a
>> > Powerpoint
>> > CD for promotional purposes.
>> >
>> > Our understanding was that this was a full version and a review for
>> > Mindshare was not required to obtain a key for full registration. It also
>> > required validation upon opening the program for the first time. It had a
>> > 25
>> > charecter Product Key and seemed to install like a full version. It is
>> > licensed to our computer user group with a Product ID shown in the About
>> > Microsoft Publisher dialog box.
>> > Is there any way that I can check to determine if it is a full version?
>> > It doesn't tell you that there are only a certain number of days or uses
>> > when it is opened.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/19/2007 10:27:16 AM
If you mean what Microsoft calls activated, Yes.

Publisher tells me it is activated, and I remember being prompted to do it
the first time I opened the program. I have downloaded an update for
Publisher 2007, and if it wasn't activated I don't think I could have.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you ever had any of your applications validated? According to the first
> article:
> *This behavior is by design. To be a genuine Microsoft Office user, you must
> have at least one non-trial version of an Office XP program, an Office 2003
> program, or a 2007 Office program installed and validated by Office Genuine
> Advantage.*
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thats interesting. I checked it out, and was able to determine that I have a
> > retail (or OEM) version.
> >
> > Now all I have to do is figure out why it won't install.
> > I love a challange like this, but am willing to only spend so much time
> > trying to figure it out.
> >
> > Do you think it makes any difference that I have office 2003 Professional
> > installed on the same machine, or that I have other pdf converters and an old
> > version (4) of Adobe Acrobat on the machine?
> >
> > I've also noticed that this addin puts the save to pdf in the file >save>
> > menu, where other pdf converters install a printer driver to accomplish the
> > task and you have to print ot that printer to save it on your computer.
> >
> > I'm going to check on the one you suggested and see if it is a printer
> > driver or an addin that works off the SaveAs menu.
> >
> > Your suggestons are appreciated.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know what to tell you. There maybe something about this particular
> >> issue
> >> of Publisher that is keeping the add-ins from working.
> >>
> >> Here is a different article that you might read for enlightenment or more
> >> confusion.
> >>
> >> Description of the numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in 2007 Office
> >> suites
> >> and programs
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928516/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
xseedman (14)
11/19/2007 6:36:02 PM
thanks John, I'm going to hang in ther for a while.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> xseedman wrote:
> > Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll try that
> >
> > Do you get a chance to see the replies to this by Mary Sauer?
> ==============================
> Yes, I've seen Mary's replies and she is
> the best. If anyone can figure this out
> Mary can.
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
xseedman (14)
11/19/2007 6:37:01 PM
No, that isn't what I mean. The article suggested validated. I know I had to
validate some of my Microsoft products when I did a download.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> If you mean what Microsoft calls activated, Yes.
>
> Publisher tells me it is activated, and I remember being prompted to do it
> the first time I opened the program. I have downloaded an update for
> Publisher 2007, and if it wasn't activated I don't think I could have.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Have you ever had any of your applications validated? According to the first
>> article:
>> *This behavior is by design. To be a genuine Microsoft Office user, you must
>> have at least one non-trial version of an Office XP program, an Office 2003
>> program, or a 2007 Office program installed and validated by Office Genuine
>> Advantage.*
>> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thats interesting. I checked it out, and was able to determine that I have
>> > retail (or OEM) version.
>> >
>> > Now all I have to do is figure out why it won't install.
>> > I love a challange like this, but am willing to only spend so much time
>> > trying to figure it out.
>> >
>> > Do you think it makes any difference that I have office 2003 Professional
>> > installed on the same machine, or that I have other pdf converters and an
>> > old
>> > version (4) of Adobe Acrobat on the machine?
>> >
>> > I've also noticed that this addin puts the save to pdf in the file >save>
>> > menu, where other pdf converters install a printer driver to accomplish the
>> > task and you have to print ot that printer to save it on your computer.
>> >
>> > I'm going to check on the one you suggested and see if it is a printer
>> > driver or an addin that works off the SaveAs menu.
>> >
>> > Your suggestons are appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/19/2007 8:56:01 PM
I'm not familair with that. I'll look into it and see what is involved.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> No, that isn't what I mean. The article suggested validated. I know I had to
> validate some of my Microsoft products when I did a download.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If you mean what Microsoft calls activated, Yes.
> >
> > Publisher tells me it is activated, and I remember being prompted to do it
> > the first time I opened the program. I have downloaded an update for
> > Publisher 2007, and if it wasn't activated I don't think I could have.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you ever had any of your applications validated? According to the first
> >> article:
> >> *This behavior is by design. To be a genuine Microsoft Office user, you must
> >> have at least one non-trial version of an Office XP program, an Office 2003
> >> program, or a 2007 Office program installed and validated by Office Genuine
> >> Advantage.*
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
xseedman (14)
11/19/2007 9:08:01 PM
I went on line on the Microsoft web site and checked my program and found out
it had been validated.

When I did this, the windows that opened looked familiar.

To make sure, I validated it again, and got the confirmation that it had
been validated.

I ran the downloaded file "Save As PDF and XPS.exe" and still no choices to
save as PDF or XPS file format in the Save..As..menu.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> No, that isn't what I mean. The article suggested validated. I know I had to
> validate some of my Microsoft products when I did a download.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If you mean what Microsoft calls activated, Yes.
> >
> > Publisher tells me it is activated, and I remember being prompted to do it
> > the first time I opened the program. I have downloaded an update for
> > Publisher 2007, and if it wasn't activated I don't think I could have.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you ever had any of your applications validated? According to the first
> >> article:
> >> *This behavior is by design. To be a genuine Microsoft Office user, you must
> >> have at least one non-trial version of an Office XP program, an Office 2003
> >> program, or a 2007 Office program installed and validated by Office Genuine
> >> Advantage.*
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "xseedman" <xseedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
xseedman (14)
11/19/2007 9:30:02 PM
xseedman wrote:
> I went on line on the Microsoft web site and checked my program and
> found out it had been validated.
>
> When I did this, the windows that opened looked familiar.
>
> To make sure, I validated it again, and got the confirmation that it
> had been validated.
>
> I ran the downloaded file "Save As PDF and XPS.exe" and still no
> choices to save as PDF or XPS file format in the Save..As..menu.
==================================
Before running the install...did you disconnect
from the net and disable your virus scanner?

Does the update show in Add-Remove Programs?

Do you see any errors? Dialog boxes?

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/19/2007 11:03:30 PM
No I didn't, but I just repeated the process and still no addin installed.

The update doesnot show in the add-Remove Programs.

There were no error messages. A command prompt window opened just briefly
-About 1 second. It looked like it was empty. I tried to pause the computer
to see if any text was ther but couldn't get it to pause.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> xseedman wrote:
> > I went on line on the Microsoft web site and checked my program and
> > found out it had been validated.
> >
> > When I did this, the windows that opened looked familiar.
> >
> > To make sure, I validated it again, and got the confirmation that it
> > had been validated.
> >
> > I ran the downloaded file "Save As PDF and XPS.exe" and still no
> > choices to save as PDF or XPS file format in the Save..As..menu.
> ==================================
> Before running the install...did you disconnect
> from the net and disable your virus scanner?
>
> Does the update show in Add-Remove Programs?
>
> Do you see any errors? Dialog boxes?
>

> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
xseedman (14)
11/20/2007 12:18:02 AM
xseedman wrote:
> No I didn't, but I just repeated the process and still no addin
> installed.
>
> The update doesnot show in the add-Remove Programs.
>
> There were no error messages. A command prompt window opened just
> briefly -About 1 second. It looked like it was empty. I tried to
> pause the computer to see if any text was ther but couldn't get it to
> pause.
Ok...thanks for the reply.

I hope you find a fix.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/20/2007 2:47:50 AM
Try installing in safe mode. Empty your temporary files, make room for the exe
to expand.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> thanks John, I'm going to hang in ther for a while.
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> xseedman wrote:
>> > Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll try that
>> >
>> > Do you get a chance to see the replies to this by Mary Sauer?
>> ==============================
>> Yes, I've seen Mary's replies and she is
>> the best. If anyone can figure this out
>> Mary can.
>>
>> --
>>
>>        John Inzer
>>     MS Picture It! -
>> Digital Image MVP
>>
>>       Digital Image
>> Highlights and FAQs
>> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>>
>>             Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>       I am a volunteer
>>
>>  Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/20/2007 12:03:29 PM
Thanks for all the replies.
I had almost given up, but decided to try one more thing.

I downloaded the same files from Microsoft again (saveaspdf.exe and
saveaspfd and xps.exe), but on a different computer. THere were the same file
size and name as the first ones I tried when downloaded on the computer I
wanted to use it on. After the download on the second computer, I transferred
it )via network) to the computer with the Publisher 2007 program and this
time it installed.

Something must have happened in the download on the original computer.

I hope this might help someone - I see others have visited this thread.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Jerome, Did you read all the thread? Was any of it helpful? Do you have a full
> version of Publisher or are you using a trial?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "jerome drean" wrote in message news:2007112695828jdrean@yahoo.com...
> > does anyone made progress on that by any chance?
> >

> > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

0
xseedman (14)

Security Vulnerability in Outlook 2007 email Encryption
I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. When someone with whom I have exchanged digital ID's with sends me an encrypted e-mail and I attempt a straight-forward "Reply To" there is an error message "Microsoft Outlook had problems encrypting this message ... recipients had missing or invalid certificates, or conflicting or unsupported encryption capabilities". The choices offered are to send unencrypted or to cancel. However, send unencrypted doesn't work. So then if I save the "Reply To" as a draft, restart Outlook, and then send the draf...

How do i show the office assistant in microsoft 2007?
I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The office assistant is no longer available in Office 2007. Yves "Frankdoodle" <Frankdoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20606EED-B915-436B-A9E1-21DCAA2CE632@microsoft.com... >I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.appscout.com/2007/02/to_kill_a_paperclip.php -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:15...

Trial install CRM4
Having completed the laborious task of installing CRM 4 onto a virgin SBS install with SQL 2005, I find that I am still unable to login to http://server2:5555 using IE IIS is working: http://server2 provides the default website as expected http://server2/reportserver provides the report server ok too. http://server2:5555 , and I have also tried http://server2.test.local:5555 with the same results... When run from the DC's Internet Explorer: "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) " When run from a Vista's Internet Explorer: &q...

Money 2004 installation hangs
Installation of Money 2004 hangs on windows xp professional. I did disable anti virus software before install. Window XP Prof was installed on laptop with Windows 2000 Prof. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, dr wrote: >Installation of Money 2004 hangs on windows xp >professional. I did disable anti virus software before >install. Window XP Prof was installed on laptop with >Windows 2000 Prof. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I would try installing while booted into safe mode. That causes a minimal set of things to be running. It may n...

Money 2007: odd behavior of transactions in loan account
Hello, In Money 2007, looking into loan account with payments made from checking account, when I click the transaction, for some transactions the Category is grey/disabled, while for others it's enabled. The category is "transfer from checking". If I pick a transction where it's enabled and click "split", the split screen for some reason shows that the whole amount is unassigned, and the sum of splits = $0 - even though "transfer from checking" does appear above with correct amount. But then, if I click on the empty line, "unassigned" dis...

cannot install CRM Client on German Outlook
I am installing the CRM 3.0 laptop client for outlook and I am getting Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFF. It is an english version of Windows xp, but a German version of Office 2003. ...

Problems with Cache mode after upgrade / install
I deployed and office 2003 install / upgrade via script. About 1/2 or more have problems opening email with cache mode enabled, it was enabled before with no issue. We get an error unable to open default folder. Once I uncheck cache mode works fine. I really need cache mode as my exchange server is off site. Is there a fix for flush / recreate my outlook cache file? Try recreating Outlook profile. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Adam" <Adam@discussions.micros...

Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router
I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear after typing the CRM server name and CRM web site. "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server.Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again.". I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install the Router. What to do? please help. Hi, the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin rights. The Exchange server must be in the same dom...

Installation problem #3
I installed Publisher 2003 on my desktop successfully, but when I tried it on my laptop, my entire computer froze when I was requested to give the product key. I have repeated the process several times and always get stopped there. Any suggestions? Microsoft will normally provide unlimited installation support at no charge however I found the following: The following are criteria for Installation Support: 1.. Single desktop installation only. Hardware peripherals must be connected directly to the computer with a cable. Network installation and network hardware are excluded. 2.. T...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-8 encoding problems
Hi all! Outlook 2007 seems to not work with plain text letters in UTF-8 encoding. How to reproduce: 1. Create a new e-mail using UTF-8 encoding in plain text format 2. Type in main body (not subject!) some NON-ASCII letters (for example cyrillic symbols) 3. Fill "To" field (use your own e-mail address) 4. Send&Receive 5. Open message. It is unreadable until you switch message encoding to any other and back to UTF-8. I can't duplicate the problem here. I turned off auto-encoding, then = created a message in plain text format, typed some cyrillic text into it = (I have t...

silent install visio
Hi all, I'm trying to do a silent install of visio when deploying other applications that requires visio drawing control. It seems that this command "setup.exe /qn PIDKEY=*yourproductkey* INSTALLLEVEL=20" should do a auto typical install (required for .net applications with drawing control), but it doesn't really seemed to work correctly. I am having Exception Errors whenever i launched my drawing control application. Is there anything wrong with my command? KengYuen ...

2 crm installations
Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards This will not be supported and I do not believe this will work due to the way the app is architected. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:25:44 +0200, "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> wrote: Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards can you explain why you want to do this? -...

Outlook Academic
I have a new PC under construction and Office 2007 H&S on order. I also have genuine Outlook 2007 ready to load (at present still wrapped up). Will I be able to load them onto my new PC, Laptop + Son's computer (3 in all) under the terms of my licence? If not, how do I extend my licence to cover all three, and how much will it cost? Many thanks Badsworth And dont multi post Allready answered in other group "badsworth" <badsworth@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:1LednZqbs5EkTqjWnZ2dnUVZ8t2dnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a new PC under construc...

Problem opening Publisher attachments
We have a strange problem with a user running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003... He can open Publisher 2003 & 2002 email attachments from within Outlook. He can't open Publisher 2000 & 98 email attachments - Publisher produces an error report to send to MS. He has to save them to the hard drive, then open them by double-clicking or by opening in Publisher. Can anyone please help? -- Regards, John jkane@camozzi.co.uk Correct operation. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Access 2007 Stopped working
I have noticed that many other people have also had this problem of "Access 2007 has stopped working. Windows will check for a solution" etc etc... I have noticed within my Access 2007 program (running on Vista) that this crash happens when I close the very last (or only open) object in access. I doesent matter what that object is; Table, Form, Report Qry etc. When the last tab is closed or X'd. Access crashes and restarts. This is VERY annoying, especially if I have a lot of work to do and dont like to keep tabs/objects open if i no longer need them, but just want to cont...

How to publish free/busy for all users
Hello, We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007. Our users are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the company. My question(s) are: 1- Giv...

Tekst usynlig ved skrivning af ny mail
Når jeg danner en ny mail og skriver teksten kan teksten ikke ses. Skriftfarven er Hvid. Hvorledes ændres skriftfarven for Outlook generelt? -- Best Regards Georg ...

Event-ID 9152 after installation of SP2 Two-node Exchange 2003-Clu
Hi, after applying SP2 on our Exchange Clusternodes we get 6 errors 9152 every day stating "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0xc1034a70' in its DS Monitoring thread". The behaviour is as explained in KB287610. But these errors did not show up all the time we ran our clusternodes with E2K3 SP1. Is there a way to correct this behaviour? Regards Andi per Microsoft: "This error can be safely ignored." I wouldn't worry about it. "AndiK" <AndiK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E870326-CBFE-4D4F-82E6-D...

Publisher 2007 #34
How can you recover a damaged publisher file? What is happening that leads you to believe the file is damaged? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "silvirdragon" <silvirdragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1DA6165-25B1-4B92-99B1-E9A0AC2B1B3C@microsoft.com... > How can you recover a damaged publisher file? ...

Office 2003 install problem
I uninstalled office 2003 student version with idea that I could reinstall and correct issues it was having. I tried to reinstall and installation exits while installing. Not an error code, just sorry it can't be installed. The install takes the license key and validates fine. ...

OneNote 2007 What is the best way to create or use onenote for the following
I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the applications I work with: The structure of the Information is as follows: Software Application 1 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information Application 2 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information and the list go on What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about what is the different between section and section group Thank your help and recommendat...

Duplex Mail Merge Problem with 2007 (& 03)
Background: I have been merging forever including duplexing postcards. Current: I need to duplex print name tags on Avery 5392 4x3" cards. Front and back will be identical. My problem is that Pub 2003 has the bug that won't allow you to merge duplex "custom" size publications. (However, you can with the postcard template). Next Step: In an effort to get around the issue, I downloaded the 2007 Beta 2 (and installed the Technical Refresh). I create the document based on the template (6 per page) but when I get to the point to print, I get in trouble. I select &q...

is OWA installed and Enabled by default?
We have setup SBS server 2003 We successfully installed it and We are in process of configuring it out. My question is does OWA installed and enabled by default when we install the Exchgane 2003? How can we administer OWA? What URL can the user access the OWA on our server lets our domain is mycompany.com.ph tahnks! "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9e6301c4792d$f4f606b0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > We have setup SBS server 2003 > > We successfully installed it and We are in process of > configuring it out. > > My question is ...

Switched up to Excel 2007 lost functionality in my array equations
Okay, I have a dataset that I have a program datamine and produce the required information into an Excel worksheet. Was using the .xls worksheet, but with moving to 2007 and getting an upgraded data mining program I had to move them to the .xlsx or .xlsm. But when I moved it to the .xlsx all of my arrays will not autopopulate as they did in the .xls worksheet. I have to redefine the equation as an array and copy the appropriate array through the table, then it updates. What can I do to make them run automatically when I open the worksheet? ...

Unable To Display Help error in Access 2007
Platform: Microsoft Access 2007 on Vista When I hit F1 for context-sensitive help within the Visual Basic editor, I get the error: "Unable to display help." Its only explanation is that it can't find the Help .exe file. If I choose Help from the menu and search for the item, it usually finds it. This error happens with common items like "OpenForm" or "QueryDef". VBA has always been very good at bringing up Help via F1 when the cursor is on a language term. I've checked the references, and all the correct ones are checked and working; there are no compile ...