Publisher 2007 #16

My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home Edition
(Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007.
Does this combination cause troubles for me?
--
Frank L.
0

It shouldn't. I have XP Pro, Office 2003 and Pub 2007 on my older computer
and it's fine.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Wiking" <Wiking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home Edition
> (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
> Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007.
> Does this combination cause troubles for me?
> --
> Frank L.

0
jl_paules (2768)
12/16/2007 4:59:58 PM
how do I GET THE PUBLISHER INFORMATION

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> It shouldn't. I have XP Pro, Office 2003 and Pub 2007 on my older computer
> and it's fine.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Wiking" <Wiking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home Edition
> > (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
> > Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007.
> > Does this combination cause troubles for me?
> > --
> > Frank L.

What information do you need? There is a lot here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KENNETH" <KENNETH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I GET THE PUBLISHER INFORMATION
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't. I have XP Pro, Office 2003 and Pub 2007 on my older computer
>> and it's fine.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Wiking" <Wiking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home Edition
>> > (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
>> > Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007.
>> > Does this combination cause troubles for me?
>> > --
>> > Frank L.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/16/2007 8:40:34 PM
What Publisher information do you mena? And please lower your caps - I have
a raging headache without you yelling at me.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"KENNETH" <KENNETH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I GET THE PUBLISHER INFORMATION
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't. I have XP Pro, Office 2003 and Pub 2007 on my older
>> computer
>> and it's fine.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Wiking" <Wiking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home
>> > Edition
>> > (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
>> > Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007.
>> > Does this combination cause troubles for me?
>> > --
>> > Frank L.

0
jl_paules (2768)

Need to export from outlook 2007 into Excel, include date and tim
Exporting from Outlook 2007 to either Excel or Access Need email information date sent not modified subject line to from http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/ Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010" http://www.contactgenie.com "MicroMacroMicro" <MicroMacroMicro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2AD2A0-7A64-45D7...

outlook 2007 cached mode question
With the cached mode a copy of the mailbox is stored locally. Does this mean that a user can go to another user's cached copy and open/read it? Each of my users has to be a local administrator because of a records management system we use, so each person's "private" folders are mapped to a shared network drive where security settings restrict access. If a local administrator would have access to the cached copies of mailboxes I would have to manually change the storage location. If I disable the cached mode what, if any, functionality do I lose? Bill Bill <trai...

Expression Calling Public Function In Access 2007
Hello Everyone, I have a perfectly functioning db in 2000-02 and 03. On a calendar form, that lives inside another form, I have all the day buttons OnClick event tied to an expression that points to a public function in the forms code container. Looks like this =ClickMe(11). Code Looks like this: Public Sub ClickMe(ByVal iLabelNum As Integer) DoCmd.Hourglass True Me.Repaint Call SelectDay(("lbl" & CStr(iLabelNum))) DoCmd.Hourglass False Exit Sub In Access 2007 (either in 2002 or converted to 2007), I receive an error: something about "The expression On Click you e...

Publisher in Email message.
I publish a e-newsletter monthly and broadcast to about 150 customers. One of them notified me today that they could only read about the 1st 1/3 of the document. I send this document by selecting the "send this page as message" from the File drop-down menue. Is there setting that they need to change? I resent it and the same results. thanks, Jamey Send a .pdf file.\ instead. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jamey" <Jamey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62203518-...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Resize Forms in Access 2007
I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how do you use this feature? Thanks, BobV On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or > something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen > resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how > do you use this feature?...

Publisher is running really slow
Can someone tell me if publisher would slow down due to the amount of graphics within a publication? I would imagine so but I want to be sure. Isn't Publisher designed for that purpose? Graphics, etc.? Thank you. Richard Depends on your computer's capabilities. Have you upgraded your video driver? Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, that sometimes helps. Right-click your desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

Conditional Formatting 12-16-09
Hello, with a text entry containing 2 different fonts, like "?" (Font Symbol), then "Customers" (Font Arial), Conditional Formatting seems to apply only to the first font element (?) whereas the second element remains untouched by CF. Is there a workaround (so that the entry "? Customers" as a whole undergoes CF) ? Thank you in advance. H.G. Lamy ...

EHLO response 2007
How do i change the EHLO response in exchange 2007 (I can in 2003!), currently its showing servername.domain should be mail.domain i think its causing issues with some emails not getting throo cheers mark ...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

Access 2007 SQL Pass Through Queries
I have an Access 2003 mdb that I use to connect to a SQL 2005 database. When I open the application in Access 2007 it errors on using SQL pass through queries. I see that pass through queries (amongst other options) have been disabled under Access 2007. However it seems that they are enabled under certain circumstances so I've been trying to get them working by changing the security settings. The queries are still failing after setting the following: - Sandbox Mode to 0 (turn off sandbox mode for all apps) - Applied a recognised Digital Signature - Trusted the Publisher - Trusted the loc...

File path not found in Outlook 2007
We have several users who have lately been receiving this error when they try to send an email from Outlook 2007. The machines are XP SP3, we are using Exchange 2003, which is updated. Any suggestions or help? I have an angry General Manager. I just realized that the error isn't listed in the body of the text below. The error that we are receiving is "File path not found." The only time that we encounter this error is when there are attachments that have been added or forwarded. Your help is greatly appreciated! "Jerry Walker" wrote: > We ...

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Outlook 2007: Themes and Stationery
I am trying to use an Outlook theme. I have selected the theme and also chose to use the theme's fonts. When I begin an email message using the theme, the theme's font shows up but if I try to do bullets, I get the regular old bullets (black circles) even though the theme has nice fancy ones. What do I need to change to get those nice fancy bullets? ...

Publisher help #3
I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but not in any version of IE. Not exactly what i did wrong. But any help would be appreciated. Thanks Astro Repost this question in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign newsgroup and add the URL to your problem website. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Astroda" <Astroda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ADC0F87-CD62-421D-8088-61541AD6117B@microsoft.com... > I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but > not > in a...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

how do i send a publisher calendar to blackberry?
-- Carrie Murphy Read the Blackberry manual but I strongly suspect you won't be able to do anything with a Publisher file at all on your phone. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "CARRIE" <so_cal_faith@msn.com> wrote in message news:A128BE10-D276-4B15-A74D-C472F3EA45A4@microsoft.com... > > -- > Carrie Murphy JoAnn, The Blackberry is a bit more than a phone... How to Do Everything with Your BlackBerry (How to Do Everything) http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=4-978007225587...

How do I open a .pub file in publisher?
A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 to no avail. How can I open the unknown version in an application with internal inconsistancy. I believe the current version of Publisher, 2003 will open all previous versions of Publisher files. Publisher 2003 requires Windows 2000 or XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2829F96-69EC-4E36-92A4-AD2A552F8101@microsoft.com... >A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 >to > no avail. How can I open the...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...