Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed

Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for
the other programs in Office?
0
Illinois (2)

Can they? Yes
Will they? Unlikely

Mike

Larry M. in Illinois wrote:
> Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for
> the other programs in Office?
0
wordwiz (948)
4/21/2005 2:14:54 PM
Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com>
was very recently heard to utter:
> Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they
> have for the other programs in Office?

Could they?  Yes

Is it profitable for them to do so?  Probably not.

Will they do so?  Probably not.

Can people sending Publisher files to those without Publisher download and
install the free PrimoPDF application from www.primopdf.com and create PDF
files which can be read with the free Adobe Reader?  Yes.

Will they always?  Probably not.

Can you order the Publisher 2003 trial for a nominal shipping and handling
fee which functions as a viewer after the trial period expires?  Yes.

Will you?  Possibly not.

Do all the questions I've written here make sense?  Probably not.

Does that answer your question?  Hopefully.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/21/2005 4:08:51 PM
Ed, This answers my question "An attached .mht file should be used to email a
multiple pages" posted 4-20-2005. Thank you.

If the .mht file would work, then Internet Explorer would be the viewer.
Thanks again!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com>
> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they
> > have for the other programs in Office?
>
> Can people sending Publisher files to those without Publisher download and
> install the free PrimoPDF application from www.primopdf.com and create PDF
> files which can be read with the free Adobe Reader?  Yes.
>
> Can you order the Publisher 2003 trial for a nominal shipping and handling
> fee which functions as a viewer after the trial period expires?  Yes.
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Internet site shortcut needed.
How do I put an internet site on the screen as a shortcut. Seems difficult. Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:%23XQkp1UpKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I put an internet site on the screen as a shortcut. Seems > difficult. > > Frank > Save it as a Favorite. Drag it from My Favorites to the Taskbar and then to the Desktop if you want. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA And, or: show the menu bar>File>Send>Shortcut to Desktop >WT< ...

MS Publisher -> TIFF
How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 (without MS Publisher installed). Thanks for any help. Ryszard Hi Ryszard Krajewski (ryszard.krajewski@neostrada.pl), in the newsgroups you posted: || How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to || TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 || (without MS Publisher installed). || Thanks for any help. || Ryszard Vist the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

Need bootable utility
I have a Vista system that "blue-screens" on me when I attempt to run Windows XP Pro setup. My intent is to re-format the hard-drive and install XP Pro. CHKDSK couldn't find anything wrong with the disk, so I'm at a loss other than to suspect that there's something on the hard-drive from DELL/Vista security that's blocking me. Is there a bootable utility that will format a hard-drive "No matter what"? Thanks (PS) Not sure this is the right NG for this post, so if not please let me know. Definitely not the correct forum for this post....

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

Access 2003, sharing application over a Novell Network
I recently built a simple 12,000 record database (a little over 7 MB) for my assoicates all over the country via our VPN . It was created in Access 2003, converted to Access 2000, and runs off a shared drive on a Novell server in Washintgton DC. The response times have been incredibly slow, upwards of a minute to query an initial record tied to the primary key. (although it responds instantly when running off a single stand alone PC) Does anyone have any tips about how I can make it run quicker or respond faster over a Novell network via VPN? It's pretty much dead in the water no...

MS Project 2003 Clarity Integration Field Mapping
I am using MS project 2003 with full Clarity integration and noticed that there is a neat field available when you use the Workbench scheduling tool - Pending Time Entry. Does anyone know how I can get the field/column mappings between MS Project 2003 and Workbench when integrating with Clarity? ex. in Workbench ETC is the same field as Remaining Work in MS Project 2003. What about all the others??? ...

GAL and Exchange 2003
I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church office so that everyone has access to them all. I have added a contact to AD (and a distribution list) but they refuse to appear in all users or the GAL. We are running SBS2003 with Exchange. I have looked for solutions on Microsoft tech net but cannot seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.. Andrew/ On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:02:02 -0800, AndrewOfAzotus <AndrewOfAzotus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church o...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Printing labels from Publisher
I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set the printing option to print just one label from a sheet of labels? You will have to create the page manually. Take a look at the page setup when you select labels, it will tell you the size and the gaps. Use the ruler guides to recreate the labels. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carmen Driggs" <Carmen Driggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3433E906-D97B-4AED-B83A-39CDBA9B99F5@microsoft.com... >I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set ...

unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher
unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? Perhaps you are running one of those Windows utilities that clears all kinds of history lists? If so, turn it off. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Oliviachamp" wrote: > unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i > TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? ...

publishing images in workbook as web page
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Publisher #81
postcard prints 2 x 3" image instead of 3.5 x 5" image. Why? Am using postcard template. Postcard templates are usually 4.25 x 5.5 (4 per page). If you are using Publisher 2007, use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ewyler" <ewyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2B11CBF-5465-4A63-A084-91B0DB48E771@microsoft.com... > postcard prints 2 x 3" image instead of 3.5 x 5" image. Why? Am using > postcard template. ...

I need more columns
What if you need more than 256 columns? I cannot link the worksheet pages either because I am averaging the numbers 256 is the limit in Excel. You can write an average formula, though it's more work, e.g. =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A500,Sheet2!A1:A500)/COUNT(Sheet1!A1:A500,Sheet2!A1:A500) On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:57:04 -0800, "dilbert" <dilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What if you need more than 256 columns? >I cannot link the worksheet pages either because I am averaging the numbers In fact you don't need to "roll your own" average. this for...

deleting resources 2003
For over a year, I've tried to delete user accounts from MS Project Server 2003 using both my own administrator account or a generic account. It worked 2 or 3 times, deleting one name at a time, but has failed ever since, giving the Request Status error 9600. I find other cries for help all over the web, but no one has ever given an answer. Is there NO ONE who understands why this happens? Along with this, I have tried PSCleaner. I can pull the lists of resources, but when I click the delete button, after a 60-90 second pause, I get the following message: Deleting the selected R...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Publishing CRM with ISA2004
Hello, Has anybody got any experience with publishing CRM 3.0 on a ISA 2004 Server? I can connect, but it keeps asking me for my credentials. It drives us nuts. Anybody got any great ideas, please share them. Thanks in advance, Giovanni Perini That is normal when you publish externally. In order for the integrated authentication to work, you would need to open a lot of ports and end up having a huge hole in your firewall. Once you have authenticated for the first time, you shouldn't get the prompt anymore though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Giovanni Perini&quo...

Lines in Publisher does not print in same position as on screen
On inserting a house plan (TIF) and wanting to draw grid lines (using the line tool) on the outside walls, it shows 100% correct on screen but when I print it is as if the line spacing has changed and is not on the outside lines for the walls anymore. Anybody experienced this problem? Thanks Carel Put the .tif on the background and draw the lines on the publication page. Does this help? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carel" <Carel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC19E7-4E72-43E4-BE46-98944FFDB8FE@microsoft.com... > On inserting a house pl...

how do I set up Outlook 2003?
I installed Office Pro 2003 on my office and home computer. The setup on my office computer went great. I can't get Outlook to work on my home computer. I un-installed and then re-installed the entire package on my home computer, but I can't get Outlook to work. I get the screen about migrating account settings, but it will not accept my password. I finally get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook.ost is not an offline file folder." I have un-installed and re-installed the entire package several times w/o any effect. Is ther...

how do I import a word document with footnotes into publisher?
When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the footnotes and page numbers. What can I do to keep them as originally written? Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dickburgess" <dickburgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:702B1472-41B8-40EE-9513-1660B59F5463@microsoft.com... > When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the > footnotes and page numbers. What can I...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

how do I change the default font in publisher 2003
I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >-----Original Message----- >I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I >tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >. > I know they are four-letter words, but "read" and "help" should become your mainstays. Choose Help and search for "default font" The answer that you are looking for is the first listed and just waiting for you to read it. Chuck Davis &l...

ActiveX JPEG Viewer
Hello, I am looking for an ActiveX Control that will allow me to navigate through Jpeg files located in a folder in a specific location. For example, Client A has jpeg files pertaining just to them, as does Client B, etc. All I am looking for is a way to put an ActiveX on a form that will allow me to scroll through them in a thumbnail view and if possible, when clicking on one, have it show larger. This way, I can associate the folder of pictures to that particular client, as they navigate through the records. I don't need anything fancy that rotates it, sizes it, etc. Thanks,...