Publisher 2003: Unable to see formatted textbox border color.

In a blank publication in Publisher 2003:
 - add a text box
 - format text box
 -- Line: Color ---- can choose any color but the dropdown doesn't reflect
the color chosen.  The page doesn't show the Border in view, print preview or
in printing.  When I sent the .pub to a co-worker and they were able to see
the border.  I have re-installed office and this still occurs.

Any suggestions and/or thoughts??
0
Lisa1 (290)

Lisa wrote:
>  -- Line: Color ---- can choose any color but the dropdown doesn't reflect
> the color chosen.  The page doesn't show the Border in view, print preview or
> in printing.  When I sent the .pub to a co-worker and they were able to see
> the border.  I have re-installed office and this still occurs.

a) Try the fourth FAQ at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
b) Try doing a Detect and Repair of Publisher/Office.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Lisa wrote:
> >  -- Line: Color ---- can choose any color but the dropdown doesn't reflect
> > the color chosen.  The page doesn't show the Border in view, print preview or
> > in printing.  When I sent the .pub to a co-worker and they were able to see
> > the border.  I have re-installed office and this still occurs.
>
> a) Try the fourth FAQ at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
> b) Try doing a Detect and Repair of Publisher/Office.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Lisa1 (290)
2/3/2009 7:46:01 PM
Lisa wrote:
> Video Driver was the solution!!!  THANK YOU ED!!!

You're welcome :) Thanks for letting us know, it is appreciated.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)

sbs 2003 mail stays in queue
Hello, a sbs2003 server has a problem with one user. when i send a mail internal or external to this user it comes in the exchange queue but never reaches the mailbox. mailadres is correct. also when i use webmail on the server (server/exchange) and login with that user and send a email to himself it appears in the send items but never in the inbox. Also no errors in the event log. can anyone help me out? regards Marc Hi Mark: What does message tracking show you? Also turn up all logging in Exchange System Manager to max and see what that shows. Or, copy the existi...

Receiving window's change color event
In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my app receive such notification? "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E0421D-B893-4DCC-97E6-42F91EDE017C@microsoft.com... > In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? > For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my > app receive such notification? Maybe WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE is wha you're looking for http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Exchange 2003 & GFI Faxmaker 10 ???
Hello everybody! We have Exchange 2003 with Win 2003 Domain... We're thinking of installing GFI's Faxmaker 10 in another server (split installation) which will extend the Active Directory Schema (I think it adds a tab, doesn't it? )and we're deeply concerned whether it'll create any kind of problem... Has anybody out there done this ? Must inform that we have GFI MailSecurity 8 installed in VS API mode and no problems encountered so far... I'd really appreciate your answers... Nikos I can tell you from experience that the GFI product isn't that great of a solu...

Test and consequences for adding and deleting W2K8 DC in 2003 domain
Hello, I have a forest and a domain with 3 Windows 2003 Server DCs. In order to make a test during 2 weeks, I have to install and promote a Windows 2008 Server R2 into DC (without particulary role). I know I will have to do an ADPREP with the W2K8 R2 DVD but forest and domain will not change their level. 2 weeks after I will retrograde the server as member and suppress it from the network (It will leave only W2K3 severs). Do you know if there could be a problem for the AD architecture ? Thanks in advance. Christophe Hello Christophe, Answered in the same posting...

forwarded message come in as .eml, not inline Text Outlook 2003
When people forward messages to me, the forwarded message arrives as an .eml attachment. I am using Outlook 2003. How can I get the system to not convert the forwarded messages as .eml attachments, rather in-line text in the e-mail? Thanks, Leslie They've probably chose to forward as attachment and are using Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail. Have them use a normal forward instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World...

Configuring Outlook 2003 client to connect to Exch F/E
Hi All, Forgive me if this has been asked before!!! We have 1 exchange 2003 Enterprise edition sevrer in our AD Forest. I want to introduce another exchange 2003 Enterprise server into our AD forest for DR. After I do this I want to introduce a Exch F/E into our forest and leave it behind our firewall. Right now Outlook clients connect to EXCH-01 when we add the F/E server does Outlook automatically configure the client to connect to the F/E server. If not what are the steps to configure the clients to connect Thanks in advance for your answers. Tony An Exchange server supporting th...

Read Receipts
Good evening! I am thinking that read receipts are more an Outlook issue than an Exchange issue but wanted to ask here. We have a client who is secretly having us forward all e-mails sent to "PersonX" forwarded to the CEO (and then sent - via rule - to a specific sub-folder of his Inbox). Additionally, I have set up a Transport Rule to forward all outbound e-mails that "PersonX" sends to the CEO. The rule is very basic.... 1) check messages when they arrive 2) from people or distribution list (then select "PersonX") 3) move it to the specifi...

Unable to backup Exchane 2003 DB's with error 217 from ESE source
Hi all I had an exchange 2k3 sp1 with 2 storage groups with 5 db's at 1 SG (included public folders) and 2 db's at the other SG on a win2k3 SP1 machine.Before 4 days Veritas Backup stoped backup all my databases with error 217 from source ESE.After 2 days search i've decided to install SP2 for exchange 2k3 to resolve the problem. Yesterday afternoon i apply sp2 with no error and i try to take backup of my db's. Veritas start backing up fine.It backed up my first SG with success but when it went to back up the first db from the second storage group event viewer logs err...

How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the a.
How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter option in Excel 2000. You don't. You could use a different Theme in Windows>Display>Appearance but that would affect all applications. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:42:26 -0800, "SouthBay588" <SouthBay588@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter >option in Excel 2000. Interesting question. But what is wrong with the default color? What is the use of getting another color? Just a matter of esthet...

Installing Service Packs on Exchange Server 2003
Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end servers. Have not installed any service packs on these systems yet. Just got OK from change control board to install these. Just wanted to know what would be the best process to install these ? Do I need to go to SP1 first then SP2 or does SP2 contain SP1 updates as well? Do I do the front end server first? Thanks! On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:58:02 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end >servers. Have not installed any s...

Can you do an e-mail based merge in Pub 2003?
I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The new wizard is good but only offers printing and help dosent help... Is this a capability or not? Publisher now lets you create an HTML publication for emailing through Outlook. It still won't allow you to mail-merge to email. "Thomas Loker" <thomas@loker.com> wrote in message news:#FRZ444WDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could > merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The n...

Money 2003 Deluxe not responding
I am running Money 2003 with Windows xp. I am having a problem with the Bills and Deposits page. When I select a bill to be paid and then "Enter into Register" the first time the Bills and Deposits jumps to the last bill on the list instead of the next bill due. When I try to enter the next bill due the windows task manager jumps to 100% cpu usage and money stops responding. I had 256MB ram installed and recently added 256mb to make the total ram 512mb. That did not seem to help. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a fix for this problem? And for how long does it...

Optimize Exchange 2003 for large mail loads
We have exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 machine configured with basic default settings. It is in a domain setting and we have people that use outlook to pull mail from the server. These individuals receive about 1000 mails a day. When gone to lunch, there are about 2-3 hundred mails when they return. The problem we have is when they log back on and try to pull mail from the exchange. The outlook crashes. When they pull smaller groups of mail through out the day, they are fine. There are only 4 people here that receive mail like this and we've up the memory on the computers...

Outlook 2000 unable to connect to Exchange 2003 mailbox
I've just moved over 2500 users from Ex2K servers to Ex2K3. At the same time I also changed the Directory Access servers to use specific DCs and GCs, rather than leaving it set to automatic. The day after moving the mailboxes all was fine...but after a couple of days users report problems when accessing their mailboxes. When the open Outlook and choose 'Connect' Outlook freezes. When they open Outlook in Offline mode and hit Send and Receive it gets to the Retrieving mail stage before again freezing. I've since returned Directory Access to Automatic and the only way I&...

Tough one
MVPs I have a few questions 1. How do we add more than 3 conditional formats ? Macros ?? Any add-in tools available to make life easier 2. Also, can we write macros to trigger some action, not just color cells based on conditions being met 3. How can we get a count and statistics of the cells that have been highlighted due to conditional formats ? I have a big text file with thousands of lines of records and when I populate that into excel, based on some conditions, the cells would light up. Now I would need to get some statistics of which type of formats are most prevalent etc 4. Ca...

Pocket Money 2003 Help
Does anyone have any clue when an update/fix will be posted for Pocket Money 2003. I bought a new Toshiba 355 with Pocket Pc 2003 and my new Money 2003 doesn't work with my new PDA (The main reason I bought both). I called support a month ago, and they said they would probably post a new download within a couple weeks. Of course, no download yet. Am I going to have to buy yet another version of Money to get it to work???? Thanks ...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

can i user exchange 2007 client acc & 2003 mailbox?
i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access and leave my mailbox on exchange 2003.would i be able to use new owa? No, clients will see the OWA 2003 (or OWA 2000 if the mailbox sits on an Exchange 2000 mailbox server). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "sham" <shamun@mekorot.co.il> wrote in message news:envBPoGJHHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access >and > le...

Import text file in UTF-8 format to Excel 2000
Hello, When I open a text file(in UTF-8 format)under excel 2000, the chinese character cannot be displayed correctly. But this text file can be opened directly in word 2000. Can anyone help me? Thanks! Irene ...

Publisher 97 compatiblility with Publisher 98 or later
How can you get Publisher 98 or higher to open Publisher 97? I need to move files to a different computer running Publisher 98. Publisher 98 will open 97 files, Publisher 2000, XP and 2003 will open them as well. Publisher doesn't like to open files on a removable disk, when you transfer the files put them on your new hard drive. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tanky" <tanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89FCFAE9-DD5C-4FBB-8D22-81C1184CAD13@microsoft.com... > How can y...

Can you sort Excel data by font color?
I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this true and how do you do it? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Help Me Sort" <Help Me Sort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF1E9176-5818-4185-9DD7-A74A613914E2@microsoft.com... >I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this >true > and how do you do it? Only with VBA or helper columns: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByC...

Ultimate Basic question: What exactly IS publisher?
Okay, okay, I should know. But my wife is considering getting Publisher, and has previously worked with Word for text things, and sometimes with--gasp--Print Shop to produce basic graphics-based things like cards and posters. But what does Publisher do that Word doesn't? And does it do anything like a Print Shop type program, or is it something completely different? Word or Publisher? Use Crabby's special recipe to decide http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101757591033.aspx Publisher 2007 Help and How-to http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx --...

Can't install Publisher
I'm having a tough time installing MS Publisher 2003 in VHP. I get a 1402 error which pertains to a certain registry key in myt Vista registry. I'm supposed to change the permissions in this key but in Vista Home Premium I can't seem to do that. Anybody have any suggestions? Did you try method 4 in the support document? You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us If this is not the document, where did you get the security information? This is a permission issue, you migh...

Outlook 2003
This is very annoying. Somehow, the "Outlook Read Mail" bar is at the top of all "Read Mail" windows. I can swap it with the menu bar, but "Outlook Read Mail" goes back to the top with the next message I read. Is there a way to fix this and have it stay fixed for a while? -- John ...

Mail merging from Excel to Publisher or Word (office XP)
I am a teacher in a Sheffield UK school teaching GCSE. Part of the requirement this year is to mail merge into either Publisher or Word from an Excel spreadsheet. Did the same last year with no problem (office 2000) but with Office XP now have strange results. Mail merged figures (results of formula) now unexpectedly develop either 4 decimal places when merged to Word, or up to eight in Publisher. i.e 14.67 goes to 14.6667 or 14.66666667, This in spite of formating to two decimal places and/or roundup. My solution is to manually convert the numbers to text but this can't be right...