Publisher 2003 Line spacing

Hello,

I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm 
struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've 
pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each 
paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph 
- there seems to be additional space above the letters.   

I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line 
spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of those 
things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to 
adjust.  

I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks in anticipation

0
4/2/2008 8:55:00 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
424 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

Just checked out "Line spacing - last line of paragraph" post (11/11/2004) 
and subsequent replies.... question answered!   Thanks to those of you who 
answered the same question over 3 years ago, as you've all just helped me now!

"Anglepoise" wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm 
> struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've 
> pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each 
> paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph 
> - there seems to be additional space above the letters.   
> 
> I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line 
> spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of those 
> things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to 
> adjust.  
> 
> I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
> 
> Many thanks in anticipation
> 
0
4/2/2008 9:42:01 AM
Are you pasting special as Unformatted text? Are you creating a text box first? 
Are you turning on the Baseline guides? Did you turn on the option to *Align 
text to baseline guides* in the format, paragraph, menu? Do you get the same 
problem when you insert a picture rather than paste? Does a subtle cropping of 
the image help?

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3706508B-5D48-41E5-9162-233379AC616E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm
> struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've
> pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each
> paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph
> - there seems to be additional space above the letters.
>
> I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line
> spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of those
> things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to
> adjust.
>
> I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation
> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/2/2008 10:06:00 AM
Thanks - from a post back in 2004, this is what needed adjusting....

To correct the line spacing,
1.select all the text.
2. right click and select "Change Text"
3. select "Paragraph
4. set "Line spacing after paragraph" to "0".


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you pasting special as Unformatted text? Are you creating a text box first? 
> Are you turning on the Baseline guides? Did you turn on the option to *Align 
> text to baseline guides* in the format, paragraph, menu? Do you get the same 
> problem when you insert a picture rather than paste? Does a subtle cropping of 
> the image help?
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3706508B-5D48-41E5-9162-233379AC616E@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm
> > struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've
> > pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each
> > paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph
> > - there seems to be additional space above the letters.
> >
> > I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line
> > spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of those
> > things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to
> > adjust.
> >
> > I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
> >
> > Many thanks in anticipation
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
4/2/2008 10:37:00 AM
Sometimes it is something that is so obvious... Glad it is fixed. Thanks for the 
post.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:273CED02-6FBA-4CFD-AD22-0AD3B53E02F6@microsoft.com...
> Thanks - from a post back in 2004, this is what needed adjusting....
>
> To correct the line spacing,
> 1.select all the text.
> 2. right click and select "Change Text"
> 3. select "Paragraph
> 4. set "Line spacing after paragraph" to "0".
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you pasting special as Unformatted text? Are you creating a text box 
>> first?
>> Are you turning on the Baseline guides? Did you turn on the option to *Align
>> text to baseline guides* in the format, paragraph, menu? Do you get the same
>> problem when you insert a picture rather than paste? Does a subtle cropping 
>> of
>> the image help?
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3706508B-5D48-41E5-9162-233379AC616E@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm
>> > struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've
>> > pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each
>> > paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same 
>> > paragraph
>> > - there seems to be additional space above the letters.
>> >
>> > I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line
>> > spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of 
>> > those
>> > things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to
>> > adjust.
>> >
>> > I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
>> >
>> > Many thanks in anticipation
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/2/2008 10:51:04 AM
I don't understand why this constitute's a solution.  Why should I have to 
have 0pt spacing after my paragraph to stop there being a space ABOVE the 
last line of the paragraph?  Makes no sense to me.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Sometimes it is something that is so obvious... Glad it is fixed. Thanks for the 
> post.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:273CED02-6FBA-4CFD-AD22-0AD3B53E02F6@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks - from a post back in 2004, this is what needed adjusting....
> >
> > To correct the line spacing,
> > 1.select all the text.
> > 2. right click and select "Change Text"
> > 3. select "Paragraph
> > 4. set "Line spacing after paragraph" to "0".
> >
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you pasting special as Unformatted text? Are you creating a text box 
> >> first?
> >> Are you turning on the Baseline guides? Did you turn on the option to *Align
> >> text to baseline guides* in the format, paragraph, menu? Do you get the same
> >> problem when you insert a picture rather than paste? Does a subtle cropping 
> >> of
> >> the image help?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> "Anglepoise" <Anglepoise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:3706508B-5D48-41E5-9162-233379AC616E@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hello,
> >> >
> >> > I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm
> >> > struggling with something that's probably really simple to address.  I've
> >> > pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each
> >> > paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same 
> >> > paragraph
> >> > - there seems to be additional space above the letters.
> >> >
> >> > I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line
> >> > spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help.  It's maybe none of 
> >> > those
> >> > things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I need to
> >> > adjust.
> >> >
> >> > I'm really frustrated and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
> >> >
> >> > Many thanks in anticipation
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
LesArgen (1)
10/23/2008 11:41:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this. 123 Main Street Anywhere usa 49000 Any ideas? Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390428 I guess the space removal feature made that question fall f...

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

Migrating Autotext from 2003-2007 in Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to get the 400 or so Autotext entries my boss uses from the Normal11.dot into NormalEmail.dotm (At least I think that's what I'm trying to do!) - The problem is that although the auto-text works OK in Word 2007 - it does not work in the cut-down version of word that Outlook 2007 now uses. The only way I've found to do this is going through and INDIVIDUALLY clicking each entry in Building Block Organizer and changing the Save- In location to NormalEmail.dotm - this would take hours and hours and hours since there are about 400 autotext entries. Any deirections ...

Sync'ing Tasks on Outlook 2003
My daughter has Outlook 2003 set up on one PC. She has it on a laptop as well. However, she wants to have it so she has all emails, contacts, calendar and tasks on both PCs. As it's a home network and neither techincal experience nor the money are available to run a corporate MS network. we need to work out the best way to do this. I've made a start long these lines on my own home network. I use Google Calendar Outlook Sync to sync both ways between PC1 and Google Calendar. PC 2 uses it too. But it's a one way sync from Google to PC. As for emails, we could configure Outlook to...

Publisher 2007 toolbar icons
How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized on) the toolbar? I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's available in 07. Thanks. bj Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLQcewbyJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized > on) the toolbar? > > I did it in Pub2003 but don't k...

Making Exchange 2003 server a DC/GC server?
Is it now a recommended practice to make a primary corporate Exchange 2003 server an AD domain controller/GC server, so that the Exchange server can do local GC lookups faster (as long as the server has the RAM and horsepower)? Robert: I have never seen a recommendation that this is a good practice. While "best practices" for some things change over time, I think this is still a bad idea (IMHO). In an environment with more than a few hundred users, it is just a bad design. Small organizations can't afford this, of course, but larger ones can and should put their D...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

Want to buy just EXCEL 2003 not the entire microsoft office suite
Hello, > > I live in Toronto, Canada and want to upgrade from a microsoft works > version > spreadsheet to EXCEL 2003. How do I go about doing that. I did download > previously a free trial version of EXCEL but I don't remember the product > key. > > How do I go about purchasing EXCEL 2003 only and not the entire microsoft > offce suite? Can I buy a download and not the CD? -- Jeffrey Brown http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/howtobuy/default.mspx Or find a third-party reseller http://shop.microsoft.com/helpdesk/reseller.asp The Microsoft Excel 2003...

Problem about Visio 2003 installation
Hi, When I install Visio 2003, a problem is encounted. It asks me to set a path for the file:A5614101.CAB, although I can see that file in the CD root directory. It is really bizarre. My PC is a Pentium 4, HT, which has a Windows XP, SP2 has been installed. Could you help me? ...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

ESM 2003 Help Crash
Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 causes ESM to crash. This is apparently a conflict with Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE7. Here's an article about it: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1233854,00.html Is there a fix, or is Microsoft planning fix? This is underway. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Dave B" <daveb@atgnet.com> wrote in message news:%23Jg6weoLHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 cau...

Exchange 2003 Public Records Requests
Hello all -- I am the Exchange 2003 administrator of a large (500+ users) library. We have a public records requirement that says we have to keep email for a period of three years. However, our top 10 emails users have information stores of anywhere between 1.5G to 2.3 gigs! I would like a way to clean up their deleted items folder of all emails that are older than three years. Is that possible? And if so, then how? thanks, Blake Hi - Check out the functionality of the Mailbox Mananger in combination with recipient policies. You'll probably need to do some reading (the M...

Publisher Classes
Looking to take Microsoft Publisher training in Princeton area. 1-2 days at hotel or other training facility I suspect you may have inadvertently posted this to the wrong forum. This is a Microsoft Outlook support group. You probably want the microsoft.public.publisher support group. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Audrey Maest" <clay-target-sports@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message...

why is my picture blank after i import it into publisher 2000.
I imported a jpg file into publisher 2000. The picture prints but does not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jean917" <jean917@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2357F1-23C3-411D-B566-DC6AC8864505@microsoft.com... >I imported a jpg file into publisher 2000. The picture prints but does not > show on the screen. --____EUMWSWLWLZMKOFKUPWCA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

SBS 2003 UnResponsive after an Hour or so
I first started noticing problems when I was at a remote location and it took longer than normal to log on to Outlook Web Access (Away from the Server on the WAN side of the network). I was able to a few times during the day but as the day went on I just got the logon screen for OWA but was not able to log in. When I got back to the SBS location I tried to logon to the SBS desktop and the system was not responding to Ctrl Alt Del. I just could not access the server desktop so I held the power button in to power down. I hated to but I didn't know what else to do. After I resta...

Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?
Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing that I really miss and need when working back and forth between my G4 and PC files. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie" <natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or >translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing >that I really miss and need when working back and forth >between my G4 and PC files. AFAIK you're SOL... ("As far as I know you're shit outta luck") to open ...

Hyperlink to page within same Publisher web page document
How do I create a hyperlink to a webpage within the same Publisher webpage document without that webpage showing up in the table of contents ledger on the home webpage? Do I create an additional webpage and delete that webpage reference from the table of contents links on the home page and other webpages? Any help would be most appreciated! When you Insert > Page uncheck "Add hyperlink to navigation bars". Then to add a link to that page from any other page, select text, object or picture, Insert > Hyperlink > Place in the This document. In the future, please post ...

outlook 2003, using windows xp professional and a small business e
hello, we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? which data will actually get sent to the pda, ie: addresses, calenders, to do's??? thank you, henry Depends on the sync software used with your PDA. "henry" <henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F126E82-FD11-4D2A-AFD9-5991034214C2@microsoft.com... > hello, > we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to > add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? >...

Cell shading issue on EXCEL 2003
I'm newly on XP and EXCEL 2003 from an antique computer and old Microsoft versions. I'm unable to view cell shading on the screen even though the "format cells, patterns, cell shading, color" shows that it should be there. It doesn't show for either new spreadsheets or existing ones (which had shading for my input cells in prior EXCEL versions). I've tried everything I can think of.........any suggestions? Is it EXCEL or XP settings? In posting this, I found the answer from Rowan Drummond from the 10/18/2005 posting. Turning off "High Contrast" on...

How can I reprint a couple pages of a banner in Publisher 2002 #2
I print a lot of banners and posters out of Microsoft Publisher 2002. Every once in awhile something happens and I need to "reprint" one or two pages or the huge banner or poster. This has been such a problem for me because I can't figure out how to make the program print just those one or two pages. I have read that you can "adjust" the rulers to make this happen, but have not been able to figure this out either with Publisher 2002. When I can't reprint one or two pages, I have to reprint the entire poster. This is a waste of ink and time. Please help ...

How can I shutdown Outlook 2003 from the command line ?
I maintain my PST files on an encrypted volume, which is locked for backup purposes as long as OL is running. I have batch file that I run my backup routine from, but I need to shutdown Outlook before doing the backup so I can then dismount the virtual voume and backup the volume file. How can I shutdown Outlook from the coomand line ? KILL seems a bit drastic, scared it will leave things a mess. Thanks, Scott There is no command line option, but this WSH/VBScript file might work. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") objOutlook.Quit Set objOutlook = Nothing ...

Excel 2003-Compatible
I have a Dell PC with a Celeron processor 1.10 GHz and 256MB Ram. Will Excel 2003 run OK with this setup? thanks! On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:40:29 -0700, "rick" <bongoloid@comcast.net> wrote: >I have a Dell PC with a Celeron processor 1.10 GHz >and 256MB Ram. Will Excel 2003 run OK with this setup? >thanks! It meets the minimum specs, though I doubt that the performance will be stellar with larger workbooks: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822129&Product=xl2003 One key thing is your opertaing system, though; you can't run it on the W...

Publisher '07: How do I print four postcards on one letter size sh
I've created a postcard that I want to print out and use like a flyer, by posting or placing small stacks of them where my potential customers will see them. I don't want to mail them anywhere. Although I have used a 1/4 letter size format in designing, I can't get them to come out four to a sheet in landscape. They will come out two to a sheet if I specify portrait, but I can't figure out how to get four. I've even bought perforated, letter-sized, thick paper from an office supply store intended for just this purpose, so it must be a routine operation. When I...