Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf

I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages.  I 
can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using 
publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page 
numbers don't convert.  Updated both today prior to conversion.  Several 
master pages in the doc.  Any ideas what is going wrong?
0
8/15/2008 9:39:04 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

4 Replies
341 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going 
on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I 
put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I created several Master Pages with 
all sorts of objects and text. All of it printed without any adjustment to 
Acrobat.

Are page numbers visible on all your pages. Sometimes when a new Master Page is 
inserted, you will have to re-number that page.



-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3A115838-74F8-4D0B-9D51-19228A73B03A@microsoft.com...
>I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages.  I
> can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using
> publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page
> numbers don't convert.  Updated both today prior to conversion.  Several
> master pages in the doc.  Any ideas what is going wrong? 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/16/2008 9:05:37 AM
Mary,
Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have one master page out of 9 that was 
created but not used, and it's marked Ignore and shows up with that 
indication during PDF creation.  I'll review this and see what happens.  In 
the meantime, I've gone back to the Adobe manual to see if I could overwrite 
the missing page numbers with an Adobe footer.  The publisher footer has 2 
lines--one of text and below the text is the page number.  I put the post-pdf 
conversion footer under the existing publisher text line and it worked fine.  
Since I have some edits to do on the original before recreating a final pdf 
copy, I'll try your solution first--I do want the doc to work as created just 
to give me more confidence that it's a 100% oorrect conversion.


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going 
> on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I 
> put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I created several Master Pages with 
> all sorts of objects and text. All of it printed without any adjustment to 
> Acrobat.
> 
> Are page numbers visible on all your pages. Sometimes when a new Master Page is 
> inserted, you will have to re-number that page.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3A115838-74F8-4D0B-9D51-19228A73B03A@microsoft.com...
> >I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages.  I
> > can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using
> > publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page
> > numbers don't convert.  Updated both today prior to conversion.  Several
> > master pages in the doc.  Any ideas what is going wrong? 
> 
> 
> 
0
8/16/2008 11:45:00 AM
Let us know how it goes. The solutions and workarounds are important to know, it 
can help other folks who face the same situation. I learn a lot from trying to 
duplicate poster's problems.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9C513BB7-BBFA-4D2B-8649-EADF59965B10@microsoft.com...
> Mary,
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have one master page out of 9 that was
> created but not used, and it's marked Ignore and shows up with that
> indication during PDF creation.  I'll review this and see what happens.  In
> the meantime, I've gone back to the Adobe manual to see if I could overwrite
> the missing page numbers with an Adobe footer.  The publisher footer has 2
> lines--one of text and below the text is the page number.  I put the post-pdf
> conversion footer under the existing publisher text line and it worked fine.
> Since I have some edits to do on the original before recreating a final pdf
> copy, I'll try your solution first--I do want the doc to work as created just
> to give me more confidence that it's a 100% oorrect conversion.
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is 
>> going
>> on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, 
>> I
>> put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I created several Master Pages 
>> with
>> all sorts of objects and text. All of it printed without any adjustment to
>> Acrobat.
>>
>> Are page numbers visible on all your pages. Sometimes when a new Master Page 
>> is
>> inserted, you will have to re-number that page.
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3A115838-74F8-4D0B-9D51-19228A73B03A@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages.  I
>> > can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using
>> > publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page
>> > numbers don't convert.  Updated both today prior to conversion.  Several
>> > master pages in the doc.  Any ideas what is going wrong?
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/16/2008 12:07:47 PM
Anymore feedback on this?  I have the same problem.  Seemed to be a question 
of how far down the page the footer was.  I managed to get the header 
working.  I can get the page number to display at the foot of the page but 
all other objects disappear.

I cut and paste from the master page to the active page and they convert 
just fine.  Have experimented extending and listing the "blue" zone,  
overlapping it,  separating all boxes to no avail.  As it is,  all would be 
fine if I avoided the bottom inch of the page for master items.  It's like I 
have an enormous lower horizontal margin specified but heck,  where? The long 
solution is to repeat all footer items and dispense with master footers then 
I can use the entire page.

PRINTING to a pdf works fine. Problem is when it processes separate objects,
Thanks 
Chris

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Let us know how it goes. The solutions and workarounds are important to know, it 
> can help other folks who face the same situation. I learn a lot from trying to 
> duplicate poster's problems.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9C513BB7-BBFA-4D2B-8649-EADF59965B10@microsoft.com...
> > Mary,
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have one master page out of 9 that was
> > created but not used, and it's marked Ignore and shows up with that
> > indication during PDF creation.  I'll review this and see what happens.  In
> > the meantime, I've gone back to the Adobe manual to see if I could overwrite
> > the missing page numbers with an Adobe footer.  The publisher footer has 2
> > lines--one of text and below the text is the page number.  I put the post-pdf
> > conversion footer under the existing publisher text line and it worked fine.
> > Since I have some edits to do on the original before recreating a final pdf
> > copy, I'll try your solution first--I do want the doc to work as created just
> > to give me more confidence that it's a 100% oorrect conversion.
> >
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is 
> >> going
> >> on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, 
> >> I
> >> put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I created several Master Pages 
> >> with
> >> all sorts of objects and text. All of it printed without any adjustment to
> >> Acrobat.
> >>
> >> Are page numbers visible on all your pages. Sometimes when a new Master Page 
> >> is
> >> inserted, you will have to re-number that page.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Brian Preston" <BrianPreston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:3A115838-74F8-4D0B-9D51-19228A73B03A@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages.  I
> >> > can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using
> >> > publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page
> >> > numbers don't convert.  Updated both today prior to conversion.  Several
> >> > master pages in the doc.  Any ideas what is going wrong?
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
11/13/2008 4:21:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems printing in Publisher 2003 with HP PSC 2410 #2
I am new to publisher 2003 and am having great difficulties printing anything properly using an HP PSC 2410 all in one. As an example when trying to print a half page side folded pre-designed greetings card all that prints is page 1 and part of page 4, minus any text. Pages 2 and 3 are missing altogether. The print preview however displays everything correctly. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and updated the printer drivers to the latest versions but the problem remains. Any help is much appreciated. ...

numbering
Is there a way to format a cell so that you can put in a 1 and then the next time you print it out that number will change to 2 and so on? ...

OWA Page will not display correctly
When accessing the OWA the page is not displayed correctly After logging on to the Web page correctly the OWA page shows red X on all buttons. No graphical images diplay and all links are broken Does anyone have any idea what happened. It used to work fine. We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. OWA had worked fine. The failure accures as Admin or general user. ...

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

Printing as PDF
I have a portion of a sheet that I want to print/save as a pdf to a folder on my hard drive. The folders location is C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Invoices. I also want the file name to be the value found in cell j19 on the "PO Form" worksheet. Any help? Hi Download and install Cute PDF-Writer (http://www.cutepdf.com/) It installs as a printer. Now, you can write any documents (Excel, Word, various pictures, web pages, etc. to PDF format. Simply open the document, select Print from menu, select CutePDF Printer, and when you click on Print button, a file save dia...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Convert Column to row with variable data
Hi I'm using Excel 2k and I have a spreadsheet that looks like this Name Address Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 and need it to look like this Name Address 1 Address2 Address3 Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 I have a macro that can convert from column to row but only for a set number of columns. Is there any way to account for the variable amount of data for each address ? Any help much appreciated Thanks David David: I suggest the following formulae - copied down as necessary: C2: =IF(...

make a page permanent
I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make permanent. Is there away I can to that? It all depends on what you mean by "permanent." Can you clarify the task you have in mind? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "musicandbeer" wrote: > I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make > permanent. Is there away I can to that? John, I have made a note book with pages I never want to change, or atleast not very often. Every time I open it all the boxes show u...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

publish customization to other server
All, Thanks for all your support for previous posting responses. I have 2 servers: development and production for CRM. We want to publish only LEAD object on PRODUCTION through deployment manager. However all changes are being performed on DEVELOPMENT server. I can't use EXPORT/IMPORT because using export from Development will have all object information and the problem is DEV and PROD are not in sink. If I use import/export all my views(124 views) and their sharing with team got screwed up. (PROD has more licences and team members are different than PROD) Using depolyment manage...

Publisher 2002 print issues
We have created a reference manual. What we see in the working document is not what goes to print. Some pages are fine while other pages have shifted pushing the title of page to the next page. Is there a way to fix the document in print preview mode? It appears to be an impossible problem! Please help if you can. thank you. There is no Print Preview mode. What you need to do is increase the size of the Text Frame fractionally. The easiest way to do this is by changing the Text Frame margins. Format Text Box > Format Margins. Publisher 2002 was a dog of a product in the area...

How to convert privatekey(string) to XML
Hi all, I need to convert privatekey toXML format. I read privatekey from file. Here is how: -------------------------------- Dim myStream As System.IO.StringWriter = New System.IO.StringWriter Dim testfile As String = "c:\RSAprivate.txt" Dim objStreamReader As System.IO.StreamReader objStreamReader = System.IO.File.OpenText(testfile) Dim readfile As String = objStreamReader.ReadToEnd() TextBox1.Text = readfile objStreamReader.Close() -------------------------------- and the privatekey looks like this: -----BEGIN RSA PRIV...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...