Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels

I have created a label template in Publisher 2003.  There are six labels per
page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number.
 I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers
on each of the labels.  Unfortunately, that has not worked.  Instead of
getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get
one serial number on six different labels on one page.

Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six
different labels on one page?

You may have to run this through twice or setup your names database with a numbered
field.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"electrolyzer" <electrolyzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a label template in Publisher 2003.  There are six labels per
> page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number.
> I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers
> on each of the labels.  Unfortunately, that has not worked.  Instead of
> getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get
> one serial number on six different labels on one page.
>
> Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six
> different labels on one page?

0
gsauer (5093)
2/25/2005 12:53:03 PM
electrolyzer wrote:
|| I have created a label template in Publisher 2003.  There are six
|| labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will
|| be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get
|| the respective serial numbers on each of the labels.  Unfortunately,
|| that has not worked.  Instead of getting six different serial
|| numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on
|| six different labels on one page.
|| Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six
|| different labels on one page?

Check out the following url:

http://www.publishermvps.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=95&mid=440

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Inserting a Row from a UserForm
Hi guys- I'm kind of a self-taught VBA programmer and I can usually blunder around and get a macro to work, but I'm having trouble with a rather difficult one right now. I've created a UserForm that has 6 fields the user has to fill in for a database. Once the user hits the "OK" button, I want the macro to look for the last entry in the database that is identical to what the user filled in Field 1 of the UserForm and insert a row beneath it and fill in the cells with the data from the UserForm. So, i.e: Apple Apple Orange Orange Orange Banana Grape Grape If I type &...

Publisher 2002 print issues
We have created a reference manual. What we see in the working document is not what goes to print. Some pages are fine while other pages have shifted pushing the title of page to the next page. Is there a way to fix the document in print preview mode? It appears to be an impossible problem! Please help if you can. thank you. There is no Print Preview mode. What you need to do is increase the size of the Text Frame fractionally. The easiest way to do this is by changing the Text Frame margins. Format Text Box > Format Margins. Publisher 2002 was a dog of a product in the area...

Converting a publisher file to adobe, with editable text
I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group. I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable. Is there a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program? Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE418097-D3AA-4B25-80E7-4B625EAF54D9@microsoft.com... >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Inserting object
Is there any macro that will allow the use of the insert picture from scanner? I have tried to use the recorder but it never recorded anything when I used it. Any help would be great Thanks Greg hiiiiiii dear friend if u can insert picture from menu for Exp: insert menu Picture ---> from Scanner or Camera if u have such useful command available so whyy u want to try macro. after u try from insert menu it may work out for u but first install the scanner good luck !!!!!!! "Greg B" wrote: > Is there any macro that will allow the use of the insert picture from > sc...

Adjust Labels
I have a series of pie charts that are updated via a macro. When the data is changed, the labels on these charts move around (and we know how Excel default labels line up). I need a way to fix them so they are readable. Is there any way to do that automatically? Office 2K, Windows 2K Thanks Erin ...

Schedule + Free busy Information
I have a user that cannot see the Free busy schedule of other users. She is in a storage group where it works for other users. Any ideas...? Have her open outlook using the /cleanfreebusy switch. See KB296192 "jwm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b5a301c44fef$af2ee280$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user that cannot see the Free busy schedule of > other users. She is in a storage group where it works for > other users. Any ideas...? ...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

Printing Labels on Sato CL408
We are in the process of migrating from our existing proprietary POS and Inventory system to RMS. Part of the migration involves migrating the label printing function for our existing Sato CL408 label printers. I have done this successfully except for one detail. The labels are small labels (1 in. by 1.5 in) that are printed side-by-side. To get the second side-by-side label to print, I have to "fool" the label designer wizard into thinking it is printing to a label 3.5 inches wide. The data on the left side is duplicated on the right side, resulting in two labels being p...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?
Hello, How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting page numbers? My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I have not been able to do so. This is a new program for me, Word 2007. I have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because for this. Thanks for your help. Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to insert the name in the...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Outlook 2003 Usepecified error
Hi, I am having real problems trying to resolve an issue with outlook 2003 with Word as the e-mail editor. I am trying to forward an e-mail with about 5 pdf attachments that come to about 3mb in size, when I try to send the e-mail I get an "Unspecified error" If I turn off the word as the e-mail editor it works ok and sends the e-mail ok. I have also changed the text from html to plain text but i then get a 2nd error which I have managed to get rid of but readind the kb base article 870707. I have also tried running the detect and repair along with installing the latest s...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Automatic update of information in a spreadsheet
Hi, I am using Microsoft Excel 2000. I have just done a spreadsheet which contains information about patients. In one worksheet I have the raw data and then in others I have copied columns across and then used IF(AND) statements to abstract the information I need, e.g. to work out how many males there are in each of the hospitals. What I need to know is how do I set it up so that when a new entry is added to the raw data, i.e. another patient in a new row, it automatically updates the information in the other worksheets? What is happening at the moment is when I add another row the IF s...