Publisher 2003 improperly references files in a web publication

When I publish to the web, all references are complete paths pointing to the
local hard drive.  I con't copy this to a web server.  How do I change this
behavior.  This worked properly in Publisher 2000.
0
Lisa1 (290)

In the future please make use of the correct forum for the subject matter,
in this case that would be microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - you will
find tons of info in our forum to help you.

You would find several threads on your topic in our forum to assist you.

2002/2003 do not include external files in the publish.
This is also documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/

You upload external files to the server yourself and then you write the
hyperlink to point to the URL of the file, you do not hyperlink to the file
local to your PC.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.publishermvps.com
www.davidbartosik.com

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I publish to the web, all references are complete paths pointing to
> the
> local hard drive.  I con't copy this to a web server.  How do I change
> this
> behavior.  This worked properly in Publisher 2000.

0
dbartosik1 (95)

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Maximum file sizes

File size #11

find action on log file

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...