Publisher 2003 & IE 8

I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003.  Lately people using
IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom.  People using
Chrome are just fine.  Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher
2003?
0
Joe (497)

There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The
fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
2007.

Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher HTML
output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705

A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:

Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design elements
that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it from
the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving a
copy.

Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:

Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)
and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953195

Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to open
existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there is a
hotfix for that:

Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June 30,
2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/

DavidF
"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003.  Lately people
>using
> IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom.  People
> using
> Chrome are just fine.  Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 &
> Publisher
> 2003?

0
Nope8657 (939)
8/4/2009 11:17:29 PM
Thanks David I'll give the work around a shot.

"DavidF" wrote:

> There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
> design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
> wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The
> fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
> these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
> 2007.
>
> Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher HTML
> output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705
>
> A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:
>
> Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design elements
> that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
> publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
> As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
> Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it from
> the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
> Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
> changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
> corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
> navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
> workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
> add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
> your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving a
> copy.
>
> Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:
>
> Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)
> and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953195
>
> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to open
> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there is a
> hotfix for that:
>
> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June 30,
> 2009
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
>
> DavidF
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003.  Lately people
> >using
> > IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom.  People
> > using
> > Chrome are just fine.  Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 &
> > Publisher
> > 2003?

0
Joe (497)
8/5/2009 4:48:05 PM
Microsoft in their instructions says for 2003 Publisher users to upgrade to
2007 to do the manual fix.  Will the ungrouping solution on it's own not work
for Publisher 2003?

"DavidF" wrote:

> There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
> design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
> wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The
> fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
> these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
> 2007.
>
> Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher HTML
> output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705
>
> A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:
>
> Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design elements
> that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
> publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
> As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
> Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it from
> the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
> Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
> changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
> corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
> navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
> workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
> add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
> your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving a
> copy.
>
> Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:
>
> Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)
> and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953195
>
> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to open
> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there is a
> hotfix for that:
>
> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June 30,
> 2009
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
>
> DavidF
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003.  Lately people
> >using
> > IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom.  People
> > using
> > Chrome are just fine.  Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 &
> > Publisher
> > 2003?

0
Mal (11)
8/16/2009 4:28:01 PM
If you don't trust my instructions, then why not just try it and see?

DavidF
\
"Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953195
>>
>> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to
>> open
>> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there
>> is a
>> hotfix for that:
>>
>> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June
>> 30,
>> 2009
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
>>
>> DavidF
>> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003.  Lately people
>> >using
>> > IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom.  People
>> > using
>> > Chrome are just fine.  Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 &

0
Nope8657 (939)
8/16/2009 7:00:40 PM

"DavidF" wrote:

> If you don't trust my instructions, then why not just try it and see?
>
> DavidF
> \
> "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft in their instructions says for 2003 Publisher users to upgrade
> > 2007 to do the manual fix.  Will the ungrouping solution on it's own not
> > work
> > for Publisher 2003?
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
> >> design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
> >> wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 .
> >> The
> >> fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
> >> these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
> >> 2007.
> >>
> >> Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher
> >> HTML
> >> output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705
> >>
> >> A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:
> >>
> >> Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design
> >> elements
> >> that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
> >> publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
> >> As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
> >> Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it
> >> from
> >> the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
> >> Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
> >> changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
> >> corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
> >> navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
> >> workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
> >> add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
> >> your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving
> >> copy.
> >>
> >> Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
> >> (SP2)
> >> and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to
> >> open
> >> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there
> >> is a
> >> hotfix for that:
> >>
> >> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June
> >> 30,
> >> 2009
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ChuckC (9)
9/9/2009 9:57:01 PM

"DavidF" wrote:

> If you don't trust my instructions, then why not just try it and see?
>
> DavidF
> \
> "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft in their instructions says for 2003 Publisher users to upgrade
> > 2007 to do the manual fix.  Will the ungrouping solution on it's own not
> > work
> > for Publisher 2003?
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
> >> design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
> >> wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 .
> >> The
> >> fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
> >> these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
> >> 2007.
> >>
> >> Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher
> >> HTML
> >> output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705
> >>
> >> A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:
> >>
> >> Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design
> >> elements
> >> that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
> >> publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
> >> As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
> >> Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it
> >> from
> >> the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
> >> Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
> >> changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
> >> corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
> >> navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
> >> workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
> >> add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
> >> your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving
> >> copy.
> >>
> >> Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
> >> (SP2)
> >> and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to
> >> open
> >> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there
> >> is a
> >> hotfix for that:
> >>
> >> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June
> >> 30,
> >> 2009
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ChuckC (9)
9/9/2009 9:58:01 PM
Instead of all this nonsense, how about posting a fix to Publisher.
Apparently you know what to do since you did it for 2007.

"DavidF" wrote:

> If you don't trust my instructions, then why not just try it and see?
>
> DavidF
> \
> "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft in their instructions says for 2003 Publisher users to upgrade
> > 2007 to do the manual fix.  Will the ungrouping solution on it's own not
> > work
> > for Publisher 2003?
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any
> >> design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher
> >> wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 .
> >> The
> >> fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to
> >> these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub
> >> 2007.
> >>
> >> Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher
> >> HTML
> >> output in Internet Explorer 8: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705
> >>
> >> A manual method of fixing this grouping issue:
> >>
> >> Prior to uploading your pages find all text boxes and other design
> >> elements
> >> that are grouped together and ungroup. You can save those changes to your
> >> publication. Then make a copy of your publication by doing a 'File > Save
> >> As' and in this copy go to each page > Edit > Select All > Arrange >
> >> Ungroup. This will ungroup the Publisher built navbar and disconnect it
> >> from
> >> the wizard, and the navbars will render correctly in IE8. 'Publish to the
> >> Web' from this copy of your publication. When you want to make further
> >> changes in your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the
> >> corrections there, save your changes, and again make a copy, ungroup the
> >> navbars and produce new web files for uploading. The advantage of this
> >> workflow is that you will not have to rebuild the navbar if you choose to
> >> add a page to the navbar. If you do not need to add a page or section to
> >> your site, you can leave the navbar ungrouped and skip the step of saving
> >> copy.
> >>
> >> Publisher 2007 can be fixed manually or with the Office 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Reference: Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
> >> (SP2)
> >> and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2:
> >>
> >> Some users have found SP2 breaks Publisher, and makes it impossible to
> >> open
> >> existing Pub files...you know, break one thing to fix another, so there
> >> is a
> >> hotfix for that:
> >>
> >> Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June
> >> 30,
> >> 2009
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ChuckC (9)
9/9/2009 10:00:01 PM
Sorry for the confusion, but the 'fix' for both Pub 2003 and 2007 are
contained within my first post in response to Joe. Basically you can
manually ungroup all the elements with both 2003 and 2007, or the Office
2007 SP2 patch will fix Pub 2007 without the need to manually ungroup the
elements. Please read my first post in this thread if you have further
questions.

DavidF

"ChuckC" <ChuckC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Instead of all this nonsense, how about posting a fix to Publisher.
> Apparently you know what to do since you did it for 2007.
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> If you don't trust my instructions, then why not just try it and see?
>>
>> DavidF
>> \
>> "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Microsoft in their instructions says for 2003 Publisher users to
>> > upgrade
>> > 2007 to do the manual fix.  Will the ungrouping solution on it's own
>> > not
>> > work
>> > for Publisher 2003?

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/10/2009 12:42:27 PM
ChuckC wrote:
> Instead of all this nonsense, how about posting a fix to Publisher.
> Apparently you know what to do since you did it for 2007.

a) DavidF does not work for Microsoft. He has no power to fix anything.
He's a volunteer who gives up his free time to try and help people he's
never met.

b) Even support engineers cannot change software; that's what program
manages and programmers do. So even if you were talking to a Microsoft
support representative, they could only tell you how to work around a
problem; they couldn't fix the code.

c) Microsoft prioritises bug fixes. The older the software, the less
likely it is it will get fixed/the more catastrophic it has to be in
order to be fixed.

d) Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003 are different programs. The fix
almost certainly can't simply be cut and pasted verbatim. (I am not a
Microsoft employee in any capacity, let alone a programmer with access
to the Publisher code base, so I can't check.) Even if it could, all
changes to software require vast amounts of testing to check whether
they break other functionality; often the benefit of the fix outweighs
the mammoth task of testing it. (Even with testing, sometimes some
regressions slip through - for instance the recent catastrophe with
opening files with linked Excel objects in 2007 SP2. Sadly Microsoft of
late has a very poor track record of handling these.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

2003 Rules question. Anyone? Spent hours on this.
I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address, that forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both addresses daily. I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box" to a test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently Delete." However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want to create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting half the benefit of the rule. I've searched Goog...

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

Edit Header/Footer in Publishing Layout

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Outlook 2003 Sends Read Receipt Requests
This is happening on all messages sent and even though the settings are such that it should not be sending them. I checked this on the individual messages and in the Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and in neither location is that set to request a receipt. Any help is appreciated. Does this describe your issue? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up081023.htm#4 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

GP 8.0 Analytical Accounting Co. Activation running too long
I have just installed AA for a client. The "Inital Install" went ok. I did the "Company Install" for each company (4 of them) which went ok. On the "Activate Analytial Accounting", the 1st 3 companies took about 15 mins. each. The 4th, and largest, company has been running overnight. What would cause this to still be running (no one is in the company)? If I stop the "Activate" process, can I just restart it? ...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Netscape Communicator 7.1 export to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages and address book from Netscape Communicator 7.1 and following the instructions in KB article 242008 but the import for Outlook Express 6 does not 'like' the file location of the Communicator files Does anyone have any insights/suggestions on how I can accomplish this switch-over The ultimate goal is to get it all to Outlook 2003 and the KB indicates having to import to OE first "Karl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52F8FC11-A15B-4B9D-83E6-EC2BB5AA71F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to import messages an...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold)
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

xmerge for exchange 2003 not working
Hello all, Salam to some of you I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mai boxes on the server? I get an erro Any help or suggestions? Many thank I guess our answer would depend on the errror. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "dali" <dali_osmane@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:QtednRQ24-Ykd6TeRVn_vA@giganews.com... > Hello all, Salam to some of you, > > > I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mail > boxes on the server? I get an er...

Digital photos too large in publisher document.
I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new members joining our church in 2008. I desire to have one picture per slide. The size of the photo is too large and it locks up my computer to the point that I cannot prepare this presentation. Approximately 60 photos. I need to know how to reduce the size of these photos in a publisher document, if possible. Thank you "ChurchSecretary" <ChurchSecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6990EE78-EB67-495A-BD09-E40EC9121124@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new member...

Publishing Problems
When i try publishing form changes, it's now giving an error the server has never spit out before: Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details. xxxxx: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server ----------- The Event Log said the following: ----------- Web Excpetion status = ProtocolError HttpGet Error Unauthorized : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. , StackTrace : at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest....

Exchange 2003 Security Event 565
Hi. I am just starting to move users from my two Exchange 2000 (DCs) to my new Exchange 2003 (member) server. Now i see a lot of errors in the security log. The events is Object Access Event id 565 like this: Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Object Access Event ID: 565 Date: 30-03-2006 Time: 15:56:07 User: DATAGRAF\deve Computer: HERMOD Description: Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /o=Datagraf/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=HERMOD/cn=Microsoft Private ...

Access 2003 won`t start.....
I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a while and it won`t start. I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall. Neither has helped. I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from scratch yet. That is my next option. I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP Home system. Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access. Any suggestions? I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this subject. Thank You Plain -- what a mess! That may have been OWA (Outlook Web Access), but ...

SBS 2003 R2 & Virtual PC
Can anyone advise? I have client that uses sbs and finds the VPN link too slow - Therefore he uses RD to the server and works on that as though it was a workstation (Not good I know but we are only talking about a very small firm with 5 Users) Problem is he cant get his email as I will not let him load outlook onto server. I was going to look at having a virtual PC running on server so he can RD to server then run the Virtual XP PC from their - Thus running outlook. Is this best way and if so should I use Virtual PC 2007 or something else? Any advice would be greatly apprec...

Installation of LCS 2005 SP1 in a 64 bits server running OS 2003 R
Two situations: First: With .NET Framework 2.0 & 3.0 install, the LCS installation does not report any errors, but the LCS console is blank. The workaround stated in kb926921 does not work in this case. Also, the live communications tab for the user configuration does not show up either. The LCS start after a reboot but still the same condition and I'm not able to configure the service. Second: Without .NET Framework installed got the following message and the installation failed: Product: MSFT Office Live Communications Server 2005 - - Error 1935. An error occurred during the ...

Problems opening Outlook 2003 #2
I click on the office outlook 2003, it says "configuring outlook accounts", then I get the message, "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" ( retry, work offline, cancel). I try the work offline tab then a box comes up saying, " unable to open your default email folders, your profile is not configured. I try to configure my profile and something i am doing is not right. Please help. What do I do? Thank you for your help with this problem. Keith Are you trying to connect to an Exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

excel 2003 crashing at shutdown
My Excel 2003 is crashing about every other time that I shut it down. Does anyone have a fix for this ? Thanks, Lynn Just some guesses... First, does it crash only when you're editing a specific workbook (or a specific set of workbooks)? If yes, then I'd check to see what those workbooks have in common -- maybe a misbehaving macro???? If it crashes with all/any workbook, then I'd try rebuilding my toolbar. Close excel use windows search to look for *.xlb and delete all that you find (or move them to a safe location if you're worried) And remember to look through hidde...

How can i disable emoticons in outlook 2003?
How can i disable emoticons in outlook 2003? Christopher wrote: > How can i disable emoticons in outlook 2003? So the doctor says, "don't use any!" <rim shot> Not sure what you're asking to do here - are you talking about how not to see emoticons in mail sent *to* you? If a sender is using HTML or Tich Text, and puts in smileys and stationery and annoying embedded graphics and music, you're going to see it. You can set up Outlook to "read all standard mail in plain text" if you wish (I've never tried this myself), but that may be an elephant gun...

Can exchange 4.0 support outlook 2003?
I use outlook 2000 as a client , exchange 4.0 is my server. now I update outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. i can not check my name,it says 'choice criterion is too complex ..' My outlook 2003 is fine, i can use it as a client of exchange 2000. thanks for any help. You'll probably struggle to find anyone who's got an Exchange 4.0 server around for testing with. I can't confirm whether what you're seeing is a problem or not. You really need to move away from Exchange 4.0 - that's over 7 years old now! Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 4.0 is a bit like bolting a Roll...

Exch 2003 Upgrade
We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. Jim: I would try to rebuild on the Recipient Update Services - both of them. It should regenerate your GAL. ScottM "Jim" wrote: > We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. > Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed > in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. ...