Publisher 2003 file won't open properly in 2007

I emailed my friend  a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub
2007 on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the
first page will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal
dotted crosses.
But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that. How
can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to Pub
2007? There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out.

TIA John

0
coopers (7)

Could have something to do with printers. Select a different default printer in
the Printer Folder, open Publisher 2007. If it opens properly, select the
preferred printer and resave.

You don't need the physical printer to install a printer driver. There are
generic printers listed in the printer library list such as Publisher Image
Setter.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"John Cooper" <coopers@internet.co.nz> wrote in message
>I emailed my friend  a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub 2007
>on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the first page
>will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal dotted crosses.
> But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that. How
> can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to Pub 2007?
> There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out.
>
> TIA John

0
mary.sauer (2018)
9/8/2009 9:56:36 AM
Thanks will give that a try & report back
John

--
Nelson, New Zealand
http://nzmks.org.nz
"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Could have something to do with printers. Select a different default
> printer in the Printer Folder, open Publisher 2007. If it opens properly,
> select the preferred printer and resave.
>
> You don't need the physical printer to install a printer driver. There are
> generic printers listed in the printer library list such as Publisher
> Image Setter.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "John Cooper" <coopers@internet.co.nz> wrote in message
>>I emailed my friend  a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub
>>2007 on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the
>>first page will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal
>>dotted crosses.
>> But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that.
>> How can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to
>> Pub 2007? There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out.
>>
>> TIA John

0
coopers (7)

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Maximum file sizes

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

File size #11

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

find action on log file

owa cant open ppt attachments

Linking files 2 ways

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007