Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts

Greetings All,

I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS
Publisher 2003.

The facts:
Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc.
I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates.

The problem:
When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it,
only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme
of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the fonts to
show in the drop-down list.

FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a text box all of
the fonts show up in the drop-down list.

I've searched every resource I can think of for the answer to this,
they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any ideas?

I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I don't get to this
newsgroup very often.

Thanks,

Dan K.
trader_9 @ hotmail.com
0
trader_9 (3)

Dan wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font
> Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003.
>
> The facts:
> Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
> Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
> All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS
> Word, Excel, etc.
> I have a web site that I created using one of the MS
> Publisher templates.
>
> The problem:
> When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub
> file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the
> drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme of the templat
> ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
> but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all
> the fonts to show in the drop-down list.
>
> FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a
> text box all of the fonts show up in the drop-down list.
>
> I've searched every resource I can think of for the
> answer to this, they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any
> ideas?
>
> I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I
> don't get to this newsgroup very often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.
> trader_9 @ hotmail.com
Maybe the following message archived
on Google would answer your question:

http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
(Begin reading at...A.)

Also try the following newsgroup:

"publisher.webdesign"
http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
4/9/2006 5:24:36 AM
Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dan" <trader_9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS
> Publisher 2003.
>
> The facts:
> Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
> Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
> All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc.
> I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates.
>
> The problem:
> When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it,
> only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme
> of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
> but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the fonts to
> show in the drop-down list.
>
> FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a text box all of
> the fonts show up in the drop-down list.
>
> I've searched every resource I can think of for the answer to this,
> they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any ideas?
>
> I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I don't get to this
> newsgroup very often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.
> trader_9 @ hotmail.com

1
mary-sauer (6480)
4/9/2006 10:04:49 AM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?

Thanks,

Dan K.
0
trader_91 (1)
4/9/2006 5:34:33 PM
Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of Windows and
IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do want to use odd fonts
for my web page I use an editing program and turn the text into a .gif.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
>> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
>>

> Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/9/2006 6:16:59 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

Are you sure that is correct? It doesn't make any sense at all. All the
product literature discusses Publisher as a professional quality
program. You can't even make a 'Lost Dog' flyer look professional with
11 fonts.

I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my system,
not only installed fonts.

(Win-ME)

--

Hugs, Erika
0
> Are you sure that is correct? It doesn't make any sense at all. All
> the product literature discusses Publisher as a professional quality
> program. You can't even make a 'Lost Dog' flyer look professional with
> 11 fonts.

We're talking about web publications rather than print publications here.

> I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my
> system, not only installed fonts.

Installed fonts are those that can be seen as installed from the listing in
the Windows Fonts folder.  If they're not installed, Windows has no idea
that they exist and no application can access them. (Exceptions if you use a
font manager such as Adobe Type Manager).

> (Win-ME)

WHY?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
the_nerd (6342)
4/9/2006 9:43:23 PM
Read John Inzer reply. He provided you with a link to the answer:

http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
(Begin reading at...A.)

DavidF

"Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
> > Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
> >

> Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.

1
Nope8657 (939)
4/9/2006 10:33:27 PM
Ed Bennett wrote:

> We're talking about web publications rather than print publications here.

Sorry - I misunderstood!

>>I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my
>>system, not only installed fonts.
>

> Installed fonts are those that can be seen as installed from the listing in
> the Windows Fonts folder.  If they're not installed, Windows has no idea
> that they exist and no application can access them. (Exceptions if you use a
> font manager such as Adobe Type Manager).

If you open a truetype font you can use it temporarily without being
installed. Ditto PostScript fonts w/ a type manager.

>>(Win-ME)
>

> WHY?

1st answer: because it works and it's stable for me and I already own
it. 2d answer: waiting for Vista. Not ready to try a linux box. ;-)

--

Hugs, Erika
1

> Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of
> Windows and IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do
> want to use odd fonts for my web page I use an editing program and
> turn the text into a .gif.

OK, I understand now that Publisher shows only the fonts that Microsoft
feels that everyone viewing the web site will have on their own systems.
Isn't there some way to "embed" a "non-standard" font with the document?

Dan K.
1
trader_9 (3)
4/15/2006 1:34:27 PM
One of the most important things to remember when designing a web page is
that you should only use the standardized "web safe" fonts. If you use a font
other than one of the 8 web safe fonts then your site visitor may view your
content in a font their browser substitutes. That result can be
unpredictable. To avoid that 'mistake' the web publication only allows the
appropriate fonts.

The 8 web safe fonts are: Arial, Comic Sans, Courier, Georgia, Impact, Times
New Roman, Trebuchet, Verdana.

If you opt to ignore this web safe design you can disengage the safe font
setting. In a web publication go to Format, Font, and deselect the "show only
web font" option. Then all fonts on the system will be available.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1922.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
>
>> Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of
>> Windows and IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do
>> want to use odd fonts for my web page I use an editing program and
>> turn the text into a .gif.
>>

> OK, I understand now that Publisher shows only the fonts that Microsoft
> feels that everyone viewing the web site will have on their own systems.
> Isn't there some way to "embed" a "non-standard" font with the document?
>
> Dan K.

1
mary-sauer (6480)
4/15/2006 1:40:06 PM
The //tinyurl info was helpful for me, relative new at web design (I don't
use Publisher).

This thread may have answered a question I have but let me ask it to confirm.

I too have found that I have a limited number of fonts being shown available
when I work on a newsletter we will be sending out to some folk via email.
It's our first attempt so big time learning curve.

Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is that I
can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter to email
subscribers.  I can just send links to our web site but it looses some of its
pazazz.  I'm open to suggestions!!!

So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for non-web-safe
fonts, will the html function in an email client do the same?  I have somehow
gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower Text in the Publisher file and
when I do a test send to my email account they are a little fuzzy around the
edges.

Thanks

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> Read John Inzer reply. He provided you with a link to the answer:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
> (Begin reading at...A.)
>
> DavidF
>
> "Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> > @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
> >
> > > Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
> > >

> > Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> > exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dan K.

1
tcarp (9)
5/1/2006 3:39:01 PM
tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
> spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is
> that I can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter
> to email subscribers.

PDF?

(And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
alternative)

> So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> same?

Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.

This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This means
that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but will
be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in emails.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
the_nerd (6342)
5/1/2006 4:19:33 PM
Hi Ed and thanks for the post

I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I also
want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped down
versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)

I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
fonts.
Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges if
I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)

What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able to
send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.  Some
of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.

Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.

I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level work
and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better in
FP I sure like to know.

In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a web
site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.

Thanks again

These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.

Tom

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
> > spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is
> > that I can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter
> > to email subscribers.
>
> PDF?
>
> (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> alternative)
>
> > So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> > non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> > same?
>
> Yes, but the design will be spoiled.
>
> > I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> > Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> > account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.
>
> This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This means
> that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but will
> be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in emails.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
tcarp (9)
5/3/2006 3:29:05 PM
You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.

DavidF

"tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > > to email subscribers.
> >
> > PDF?
> >
> > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > alternative)
> >
> > > So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> > > non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> > > same?
> >
> > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.
> >
> > > I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> > > Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> > > account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.
> >
> > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
means
> > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
will
> > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in

5/3/2006 8:22:36 PM
Thanks David

I'll test some of the Publisher options you mentioned.  For now, given our
schedule, we're close enough to go ahead.

I did a quick test on sending from FP (I'll move over to that forum to ask
more questions), however, the first results were quite disappointing.  The
test was to simply take an existing web page, bring it up in FP, and do a
Send.  What I get has no formatting or resolved images.  Looks like I have a
bit of a learning curve to go through (again).

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> > Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
> uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
> images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
> that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.
>
> DavidF
>
> "tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed and thanks for the post
> >
> > I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I
> also
> > want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped
> down
> > versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)
> >
> > I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
> > fonts.
> > Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges
> if
> > I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
> > include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)
> >
> > What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able
> > send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.
> Some
> > of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.
> >
> > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> >
> > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
> > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level
> work
> > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better
> in
> > FP I sure like to know.
> >
> > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a
> web
> > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > > utter:
> > >
> > > PDF?
> > >
> > > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > > alternative)

> > > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> > > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
> means
> > > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
> will
> > > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in
> emails.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
tcarp (9)
5/4/2006 12:50:02 AM
Follow up:

BTW, the Web Option settings are already the way you suggested.  The only
boxes checked are Organize supporting files..... and Enable incremental
publish....

I guess I have things as good as their going to get short of creating .gifs
elsewhere for import into Publisher

Thanks again

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> > Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
> uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
> images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
> that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.
>
> DavidF
>
> "tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed and thanks for the post
> >
> > I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I
> also
> > want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped
> down
> > versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)
> >
> > I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
> > fonts.
> > Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges
> if
> > I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
> > include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)
> >
> > What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able
> > send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.
> Some
> > of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.
> >
> > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> >
> > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
> > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level
> work
> > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better
> in
> > FP I sure like to know.
> >
> > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a
> web
> > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > > utter:
> > >
> > > PDF?
> > >
> > > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > > alternative)

> > > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> > > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
> means
> > > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
> will
> > > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in
> emails.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
tcarp (9)
5/4/2006 12:54:01 AM
I have never found italics to convert very well in any version of Publisher
web pages, but I rarely see it on the internet, so this may not be unique to
Publisher HTML.

If you took an existing web page produced in Publisher and brought it into
FP, then you should expect a mess. I have read of no one who has been happy
with the results of importing Publisher code. I think it was Chuck Davis of
this group that recently said that he uses FP to produce his HTML
newsletters. Perhaps he can give you some tips.

Don Schmidt recommends a PDF tool that support hyperlinks, that is around
$50....

Ed also suggested in another thread that there is software that is
specifically designed for this task. It produces HTML formatted email, but
also includes plain text just in case. I think that getting straight HTML
formatted email through may become a bigger challenge in the future as more
people opt for plain text only, so you might want to research software that
is specifically designed for this task, if you are going to get serious
about this...that is if you can't accomplish it in FP.

Good luck.

> [...]
else.

> > > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> > >
> > > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or
other
> > > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of
html-level
> > work
> > > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work
better
> > in
> > > FP I sure like to know.
> > >
> > > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to
> > web
> > > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser
instead.

> > > Thanks again
> > >
> > > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.

turn off automatic hyperlink Publisher 2003
How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type with stupid underlining? High-light the email, Insert, Hyperlink, Remove Link. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E198309-1F6A-46F2-94A5-C12D64C7452E@microsoft.com... > How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type > with stupid underlining? Or you could change your color scheme to a custom color scheme, and change the hyperlink (and followed hyperlink) color to match your ...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to lock Outlook down, so that only the email features are available to users? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

Check Names
Using Outlook 2000 under Windows 2000 Server. When I type a partial name in the To: field on a new email, I get the red squiggly line indicating there are multiple names matching that pattern. When I hit Send, I get the Check Names window showing a list of matching names. However the only names that show up in the list are from the Global Address List, and none from my Contacts. Under Tools, Services, Addressing tab, I have two entries in the "When sending mail, check names using these address lists in the following order". First is the Global Address List, and second is Contacts,...

Outlook Epxress 2003 (SBE)
Hi, This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? Rohit rohit_chandni wrote: > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > Rohit, Outlook or Outlook Express? -- f.h. Hi F.H, It is Outlook Express 2003 (Small Business Edition). Can you help me out on this ? Rgds, Rohit "F.H. Muffman" wrote: > rohit_chandni wrote: > > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > > > > Rohit, > > Outlook or Outlook Express? > > -- > f.h. > > > Outlook Express is pa...

inventory shows as net income under Equity on balance sheet
Im new to MS Money Small Business 2004. At setup, the input of inventory shows up as net income under Equity on my balance sheet. How can I un-do or re-do this? Thanks in advance ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Publisher won't load
I recently moved my information from a desktop to laptop. Both running XP. Everything moved over except Publisher 2003. I tried to reload from the CD onto the laptop and I recieve a "patch install" error. The laptop in brand new and to my knowledge never had another version of Publisher loaded onto it. -- Debbie DiFonzo, e-PRO, GRI United Country VIP Realty Lebanon, MO www.ucmissouri.com Specifically what does the error message say? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Missouri Agent" <MissouriAgent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Exch/Outlook 2003 Delegates
I have an Exchange 2003 Standard Server with Outlook 2003 clients. My users have noticed that they cannot properly assign delegates. They can choose delegates and assign the permissions normally, but when they quit and restart Outlook, the delegates are there but with "None" as their permissions. What might cause this? Hi Tim, Thank you for posting here. According to the information in your post, I suggest you use the following message to trouble shoot this issue: 1. New Outlook profile ============= Please create a new profile to isolate the issue. For the steps on how to cr...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 10-19-07
I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and A03? Thanks you Harold HaroldT <HaroldT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the >OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and >A03? Appreciable, no. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links...

how do I convert pagemaker files to publisher
Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? Nope! "Judy J" <Judy J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C2F61A-464B-4E71-806E-ED3290B6A2BD@microsoft.com... > Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? ...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

Rename name so formulas show name change
Excel 2003 Cell A1 is named MyCell. Cell A2 has formula "=MyCell". I rename cell A1 in the toolbar to NewCell. Cell A2 still has the formula "=MyCell". How do I rename cell A1 to NewCell and have it automatically change cell A2 to the formula "=NewCell"? Thank you for your help. Download Jan Karel Pieterse'e Name Manager here: http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:ORne6k3$GHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | Excel 2003 |...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...