Publisher 2003 converting 2000 docs

I need to know where the temp directory is that MS writes the 2000 files to
when converting to Publisher 2003 files.  Our users get access denied when
trying to open 2000 files on upgraded 2003 systems.

Administrators don't have any trouble.
0
fmorris (1)

Outlook 2003 problems #4
recent upgraded to outlook 2003 for the office mail program, when trying to use it as anyone who is not in the administer group, the program disalows ability to send recieve mail or change any options, returns with different errors depending on waht was tried, when a user is moved into the admin group, it works fine without any problem, when moved back, the errors resurface,. any help at all would be emenselly helpful, thanks in advanced. ...

Outlook 2003: How to archive messages with attachments?
I have set up archiving on Outlook 2003, this works fine but any message with an attachment is not archived and is left in the original folder. ...

Outlook 2003 start new message with html source #2
Hi, I want to start a outlook message but write html to the source rather then text. Is this possible? I can open up an outlook 2003 message and write to the address, subject body. Example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m asdf?subject=something^&body=^<b^>asdf^</b^> However, this writes <b>asdf</b> in the message body. I want it to write B (in bold), can this be done? Blast <Kyle.L.Watson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I want to start a outlook message but write html to the source > rather then text. Is this possibl...

Outlook 2002/Outlook Express Not Working w/ Norton Internet Security 2003
I installed Norton Internet Security about two weeks ago and had nothing but trouble. I could no longer get to the Internet, my printers ceased to function, and Outlook 2002 failed to work. I have since uninstalled NIS and was able to reinstall IE6 successfully. I also have reinstalled my printer drivers and now they are working properly. However, I cannot get Outlook 2002 nor Outlook Express to work. After reinstalling the IE6 Service Pack, I tried to run OE but get "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". The only option I have i...

Merge & collate multipage doc
In Publisher 2002 I can't merge a multipage doc to collated/stapled output. Print merge seems to treat all resulting docs as one continuous doc. We just wanted to merge our staff newsletter to save the time of labelling each copy individually - how hard can it be? (Guess it's just too tricky for poor old Pub 2002.) Can anyone advise if this is the case - otherwise, how to fix it?? Much obliged - TC A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tricky Carmel <trickycarmel@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > In Publisher 2002 I can't merge...

microsoft word 2003 save multipage doc to multiple files
Hello! Is there any possible way to resolve my problem : I have 60 page document and id like to split this doc to 60 single paged files. Is there any way to do this whit some magic word option? Reagrds - HE ...

Slow Access 97 since moving to new 2003 Server
We have an access 97 MDB that we had on an NT4.0 server. We have about 30 wrksts that have mdb front ends loaded locally to access the MDB backend. All was great until this evening when we decided to ditch the 9 yr old NT 4 server and replace it with a Dell Dual Xeon 2003 R2 server. All data copied form the old server to the new server was perfect. Performance increases were everywhere when we talk about network thru put. However, once we try to get the workstations in to the database on the new server, performance leaves and QUICK !. To compare, the old server/workstation combo would ta...

What to monitor in MS Exchange 2000
I was wondering what sort of things you Exchange experts out there might recommend I should be monitoring on my Exchange 2000 in the way of the performance logs and alerts, event viewer, ram usage, etc. anything I should be checking regularly to get my baseline right and keep me aware of any future problems. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, There are a few basic things to see: memory, processor and disk usage and grow network trafic memory peaks (never over 80% during several seconds) event viewer (allways) smtp traffic backup logs (restore must be a norma...

Recipient limits in Exchange 2003
I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment...... An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl. Another Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same shared 2k3 mailbox but receives the following error: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <servername #5.5.3> The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000. I do ...

export the data from Publisher mail merge to Excel
I am only getting the data source when I'm trying to make a list of all of the invitation addresses I've created using mail merge in Publisher. Is there a way to put all of the addresses on one page for a master list instead of seperate pages for each address? I'm using Pub 2000 and Excel 2000. Thanks for any help you can give me, as quickly as you can, since the invitations are going out tomorrow! ...

Can I to Forward Exchange 2003 mail to an external POP3 account?
I am running Exchange 2003 and it works great. However, I have 2 Active Directory/Exchange accounts that I need to forward out to external POP3 accounts. Mark@7waystosunday.com and andy@7waystosunday.com need to forward to these guys' perspective hotmail and yahoo accounts, so they don't have to use OWA and also so they only have one place to check e-mail from. Is this possible? If so, how do I accomplish this? Thx, Ronnie Duncan NCS, Inc Just scroll back a few posts and you'll see the answers. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchang...

Outlook misbehaving (2003 and 2007).
This was a problem with Outlook 2003 on XPPro/SP2... when I recently had to wipe and reinstall my system clean, I upgraded to Outlook 2007 and still have the same problem: it refuses to remember views, window dimensions, and Favorite Folders. It usually only happens after it locks up and I have to kill it (which happens far too often to begin with), but even sometimes after a clean shutdown, when I start it back up, it will have "forgotten" how I had the window sized and revert to some "default" size; it will forget which mail accounts I had expanded or collapsed an...

Merging Docs and headers
I am using Windows 7. I have seven training documents that are completely separate Word documents and I want to merge them into one single Word document. I also want to change the headers for each of the 7 sections to reflect the subject matter. Kindly provide some assistance Create a next page break at the end of the first document. Press enter twice. Enter the header for the new section and make sure link to previous is off for all header types (different first, odd & even pages). Copy the break and one of the paragraph marks. Place the cursor on the last paragraph...

Why doesn't my whole publisher document print?
I'm trying to set up postcards for printing, four to a page. Although I'm within the page margins, the border on the right side of the paper is cut off. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shelley" <shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:828AA635-598B-4147-AEB9-10A36BD6FB2C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to set up postcards for printing, four to a page. Although I'm > with...

FronEnd -BackEnd exchange 2003 serve, outgoing mail
I have FronEnd -BackEnd exchange 2003 server, and I would like to set up to all outgoing mail go trough FronEnd SMTP server where is AV ! All incoming mail go trough FronEnd SMTP sever to BackEnd SMTP server and works fine. It is possible, and how? Please help! Thx. Hi, If you create a SMTP connector on the front-end server all external emails will go thru this server. Remember that in order for the SMTP service to send NDR's the mailbox store must be mounted on the fe server. Leif "Backbone" <jsmojver@inet.hr> wrote in message news:dtq6li$uqq$1@sunce.iskon...

Exchange 2000 issue
Running exchange 2000. We need to forward our email through our isp. I change the internet mail connector by the properties/general and entering the mail server name below the radio button. Restarted server, yet the emils are STILL going through the old host. Is there somewhere else I have to change this? Thanks in advance! Here is a good article on setting Smarthost for Exchange 2000, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring_DNS_for_Exchange_2000.html In addition, does the ISP know you are relaying off their SMTP Server? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Micr...

Application becomes slow in windows server 2003
When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft visual studio 6.0) running very slowly. While this application runs perfectly on winxp/win2000. My application open hard drive and read data from it. Please suggest how to improve the performance. Hello Ashish, Please use the MSDN forums for this, there you will find your programming experts, that maybe can have a look into your code. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Excel 2003 #4
Can anyone tell me what the max number of columns is within a single sheet in Excel 2003. I know with previous versions it has been 256. Thanks, -Dave The same. Lee ...

Money 98 to Money 2003 upgrade
I resently upgraded my computer and now have Money 2003. Is there a way I can basically bring all my accounts transactions to Money 2003 without starting anew with 2003? Thanks in advance for any help. Kevin Provided M98 and M2003 are from the same region i.e. you are upgrading US > US, then just double click on your *.mny file and M2003 will upgrade. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kevin Willard" <kswillard@hotmail.com> wrot...

2003 Microsoft Word Autotext
I am working with Autotext and notice under the toolbar there are several catagories: greeting, closing, etc. How do I change these names or make more catagories? Thanks for your time ...

Unable to open .oft files in Outlook 2003
I recently migrated my profile to a new PC. My old PC had Office 2000 My new one has Office 2003. Can anyone advise why I would no longer b able to open an Outlook template (.oft file)? When I open these files it now opens a new email with the .oft file as an attachment. I hav seen several queries about this on the Internet, but no answers. Pleas help -- Bill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BillM's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=27 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=70439 Visit - http://www.officehelp.i...

Converting excel to text file
Hi, I want to convert an excel file to a .prn file. Here I need to retain the column width of all the columns in the excel as it is. I could do that by changing the autoformat to None. But the issue is when i try to save it as .prn file, it wraps up the text in the .prn file. the maximum length it goes without wrapping in the notepad is 236 character size. I am not really sure how to convert it to a .prn file retain column width without the wrapping in the text file. any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Giri --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How do y...

Outlook 2003 on MCE using local user to auth against Exchange 2003
Hi, a user here is running MCE (thus NOT on the domain) and he's trying to connect with Outlook 2003 to an Exchange 2003 (RPC, NOT over HTTP). If he sets the check on "Always prompt for user name and password" he'll be asked multiple times to enter his Ex- change (domain) account once a while. As this is MCE, he can't store these credentials. This is quite annoying, that Outlook doesn't store these credentials at least for the time it's running. When the check is removed, Outlook always uses his local user account (HOSTNAME\LOCAL USER) to authenticate against ...

Word Art in Publisher 2003
Using Word Art in Publisher 2003 does not seem to allow me to write text in a circle like the older version. If this cannot be done I cannot use the newer version at all. The older version is much easier to use, I might add. CAN this be done? BFT <BFT@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Word Art in Publisher 2003 does not seem to allow me to write > text in a circle like the older version. Odd - it lets me write text in a circle. Look on the WordArt toolbar, click on the big curvy A (between the paintbucket/brush and the dog icon) > The ...

Error copying mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to 2003
I installed Exchange 2003 in a domain recently upgraded to from NT to 2003 AD. Now I am trying to bring all users from Exch 5.5 to 2003. When running the migration wizard I get some warning messages such as this: "An error occured copying a message from folder 'Sent Items' for user 'someuser'. This message will not be migrated." Event ID 13006 is posted in the application log. I cannot find any information about this event. Please help. Michael By default, the move mailbox wizard will skip up to 3 corrupt messages per mailbox move. This can modified in the wizard...