Publisher 2003 Audio Upload

I have a audio track that is recorded as an mp3 and plays in windows media
player.  When I import it into publisher and transfer it to the audio track,
the track sounds like it plays at a much higher speed and you hear really
high pitched voices like you are fast forwarding a tape player.  The audio is
36 minutes long and appears that long on the timeline.  When I play the audio
to preview it before pasting it on the timeline, the timing is normal and the
voices sound fine.
I am trying to create a audio background to a slide presentation and I can't
get past this problem.
Any ideas out there for why this is happening?
0
magicno5 (1)

magicno5 <magicno5@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I have a audio track that is recorded as an mp3 and plays in windows
> media player.  When I import it into publisher and transfer it to the
> audio track, the track sounds like it plays at a much higher speed
> and you hear really high pitched voices like you are fast forwarding
> a tape player.

I'm very surprised at that, because Microsoft Publisher deos not support the
addition of audio, or even the creation of slide shows.

I would wager that you are either using Microsoft Producer or Microsoft
PowerPoint.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/4/2006 6:35:21 PM
Not totally true Ed. You can add a background sound to a Publisher web page
(your favorite part of Publisher, I know <grin>).

If the user is indeed adding sound to a web page, perhaps they need to
change the format?

DavidF

> magicno5 <magicno5@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > I have a audio track that is recorded as an mp3 and plays in windows
> > media player.  When I import it into publisher and transfer it to the
> > audio track, the track sounds like it plays at a much higher speed
> > and you hear really high pitched voices like you are fast forwarding
> > a tape player.
>
> I'm very surprised at that, because Microsoft Publisher deos not support
the
> addition of audio, or even the creation of slide shows.
>
> I would wager that you are either using Microsoft Producer or Microsoft
> PowerPoint.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Nope8657 (939)
4/4/2006 7:59:23 PM
DavidF <Nope@nospam.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Not totally true Ed. You can add a background sound to a Publisher
> web page (your favorite part of Publisher, I know <grin>).

*SCREAMS*

:P

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/4/2006 8:20:37 PM
DavidF <Nope@nospam.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Not totally true Ed. You can add a background sound to a Publisher
> web page (your favorite part of Publisher, I know <grin>).

Anyhew, I'm pretty certain that there's no timeline in Publisher to paste
the sound on to.

(Although that doesn't stop people requesting templates for them)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/4/2006 8:21:42 PM
Hi Magicno5.

I am a composer & studio operator. The answer lies somewhere in what
transfer system/method u used. Music files are digitised at specific sampling
rates.The higher the sampling rate, the better your repro quality. However,
when you sampled the source at frequency x, then change the sampling rate to
a higher one, it has the effect of speeding up the tape (raise in general
pitch.) Somewhere in your conversion process, your sampling rate was upped,
without keeping your harmonics constant. That's all I can help you with at
this oint, because I don't know what system u used. Claude.

"magicno5" wrote:

> I have a audio track that is recorded as an mp3 and plays in windows media
> player.  When I import it into publisher and transfer it to the audio track,
> the track sounds like it plays at a much higher speed and you hear really
> high pitched voices like you are fast forwarding a tape player.  The audio is
> 36 minutes long and appears that long on the timeline.  When I play the audio
> to preview it before pasting it on the timeline, the timing is normal and the
> voices sound fine.
> I am trying to create a audio background to a slide presentation and I can't
> get past this problem.
> Any ideas out there for why this is happening?
0
Claude (9)

Copying and Pasting Between Published Documents
Hi I have created a 132 Document in Publisher 2007 I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on extended Windows Pages I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into the first document containing the text It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two publisher documents Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in the first document Roger Stenson Roger, 1. Create on your 132 page document a bla...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Integration Manager upload to Great PLains
Hello, I am using the Integration Manager and uploading a text file to Great Plains and I am getting the following error. DOC 347 ERROR: Macro execution error, Dynamics.DEXTERITY_IM_MACRO_ABORTED (error 512): MoveTo line 1 scrollwin 'RM_Sales_Tax_Distribution_Scroll' field '(L) Account Number':'Account_Segment_Pool3' I am not sure what might be the problem Tony ...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

exch 2003
how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server thanks LDAP isn't active on Exchange 2003 but only on your DCs. Try to do a telnet on the port 389 (LDAP). Regards, Xavier "Urs Meier" <urs@atcinc.com> wrote in message news:0ba501c3dec7$e3afe700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server > > thanks ...

ctrl A should select all in MS Excel 2003
In past versions of MS Excel, the keys [ctrl]&[a] used to select an entire screen. In Excel 2003, pressing it once just selects a table or some specific set of data. I have to press it twice now to select the entire screen. It is not a big deal, but I prefer the original way it worked, hence the name of the fucntion "select ALL". If users would like to select a subset of data, a different set of keys should be used. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#foobar -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany the-temp wrote: > In past versions of MS Ex...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

Publisher Problem #5
I am trying to print out the addresses, phone numbers and email addresses that I storred in publisher when I set up mail merge. I can't find where it is to print them. What version Publisher are you using? Did you setup the data in Publisher? Look in a folder in "My Documents" that says "My Data Sources." When you click "open data source" where does Publisher direct you? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2003 meeting request issue
Greetings experts! :) Recently we have switched to Outlook 2003 here. (about 50 users) On occasion, meeting requests do not function correctly, in fact, the behaviour is exactly the issue documented in Q307313 about iCalendar interoperability problems, and we experienced this problem during the transition from O2K to O2K3. However, everyone is on O2K3 now, so there should be no problem.. and usually there isn't.. but SOMETIMES, a meeting request comes out just like it did in O2K, like the recepient can't read it.. when this happens, all the recepients of that particular request get ...

Receiveing Mail when opening Outlook 2003
Is there a way to get Outlook 2003 to Receive mail as soon as I open it. The way it is set up now I have to go to Tools / Send and Recieve all to receive my mail when I open outlook. I now I can set go to the Options for email setup to chnage the Time intervals but there's not an option for Sending and receiving upon opening Outlook (There is one for exiting). I just ouotlook express before and that would receive as soon as I opened It. Whenever you set an automatic polling interval, Outlook will poll on launch. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jokuz" <jokuz@hoatmail....