publisher 2003 #38

Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003
and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) ,
opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ??
0
zed (4)

That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not
Office related.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Publisher

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"zed" <zed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003
> and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) ,
> opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ??

0
gsauer (5093)

Re-install CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003
As an Action Pack subscriber I received CRM 1.0 sometime ago and thought I would look into this product. Since then I have tried to install CRM 5 times and failed every time for one reason or another. The most recent Action Pack had an excellent white paper dealing with the installation of CRM and I thought I would bite the bullet and find out what this product does. I installed SQL and everything went well until it screwed up the SBS 2003 backup. Loaded the hotfix for that. Got CRM working on workstation with XP2 (needed hotfix for that) Event log started filling up with duplicate credential ...

MsExchange 2003 Server problems
Please anyone help me out i'm in a jam.. I installed a server running Windows 2003 server and ontop of that Exchange 2003 server.. I did the automatic updates and I installed Trend Server protect and Trend Scanmail for Exchange... I moved users from Exchange2000 to the new box fine.... All of a sudden now the machine restarts itself atleast once a day and the errors I get in the eventlog are Error initializing session for virtual machine FIJI. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Then when i restart the box, all the stores mount fine but the actu...

publisher 2002 calendar wizard
When making a calendar with a date range I am unable to save all of the design changes to each page of calendar. When I add a logo to or name of business I must do each page seperatly. It seems odd to me. Is there something I am missing, as the wizard does not help. In news:1ff5e01c45887$1b90a4f0$a401280a@phx.gbl, mark wyman <mark@bayside-realestare.com> posted: > When making a calendar with a date range I am unable to > save all of the design changes to each page of calendar. > When I add a logo to or name of business I must do each > page seperatly. It seems odd to ...

2003 Outlook start up error
When I start outlook 2003, I always get a message "an extension failed to initialize" I click OK and outlook works fine but it is annoying to have this pop up everytime I start outlook. Help! Do you get any more info about which extension is having the problem? "Jack W" <Jack W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F435FAED-7E3B-4AB0-BFEF-42C58AC510D7@microsoft.com... > When I start outlook 2003, I always get a message "an extension failed to > initialize" I click OK and outlook works fine but it is annoying to have > this > pop...

Upgrade to Office 2003 & shortcut to Workgroup
Hello, I've a multilevel workgroup database with a shortcut that is opening the database using the workgroup. This is the path to I'm using to open MS Access: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\MSACCESS.EXE" "..." The problem is that the company is letting users to upgrade to Office 2003 voluntary, but when some of them run the upgrade, MS Access was change to a new folder which is Office 11. The question will be; is there another option to solve the issue than creating 2 different shortcuts? Maybe an instruction that open one or another depend ...

Email Router and Exchange 2003
Hi, Please I need help, Implementation GUIDE: “E-mail sent between users on the same Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 system (intranet e-mail) will be processed by the Router only if it is sent from a Microsoft CRM client.” I can send emails to users on the same Echange 2000 or 2003 system , but these users cannot respond to me. I need to implement Microsoft CRM for a HelpDesk department, they need that the users that not have Microsoft CRM can respond this type of emails. What I can do? Thanks, See Chapter 6 of the Implementation Guide for one solution - set up SMTP subdomain for C...

2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only
Hi, I'm new to Office 2007 so I thought this would be a good place to start. I have files created in Excel 2003 as I had been using Office 2003 prior to upgrading. Now, when I open a old spreadsheet in 2007, it is opened in Read Only Compatibility Mode. I only have one user, me, on this pc. I'm set up with an administrator account so document security shouldn't be a problem. All the web searches I did mention this with SharePoint. I don't have SharePoint, I should say I don't know what it is and don't think I have it. Any ideas. Regards-Michael G. Found the p...

Problems with Excel 2003 Help menu
I am trying to utilize the help in excel (it is actually the vb editor help) and when I look up topics, a lot of the links do not work. For example... I search for "loop" and it brings up a whole list of topics to look at, but only about half of them work. I want to look at the topic titled "Looping through code..." which I have looked at before on other computers but here it will not go anywhere. It is like the link is dead. I have tried "fixing and repairing" from the help menu but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone have any s...

OWA Date format problem on SBS 2003
First of all I have everything set correctly on this server in regards to Default Regional Settings. I have also gone through the registry and manually changed any incorrect regional settings. However OWA at this one site (other nearly identical sites are ok) displays dates in the email folders in the American format instead of the Australian format. OWA Options have been checked and the time zone is set correctly (it's the only thing other than language that lets you specify your location in OWA). This is driving me crazy. The only difference between this box and another I have...

Network password on Office 2003
I'm having an odd issue. At random times Outlook pops up a box asking me to enter network password. I have, by default saved my password. However, when the "enter network password" dialog box appears, the password is there in astrisk form. But the save password box isn't checked. I check the "save password" box and click OK. It then accesses my email. And later, from 15 minutes to over an hour it does the same process all over again. Anyone have any input on this issue? It gets Kind of frustrating. Thanks, Scott ...

outlook 2003 #145
How can I get the tasks I have listed (with dates) to show up in my calendar? ...

Exchange 2003 with KVS Enterprise Vault 6 SP2
Hello This is my first posting on this site - I find it an invaluable source of information, I am responsible for the Exchange enviornment in our Organisiation which is local goverment. We have two Exchange 2003 servers with the mailstores spread evenly over the two servers, we have one front end server hosting OWA 2003 and one server hosting KVS EV6 SP2, we have about 1800 live users at any one time. The hardware seems to cope no probles with the loading, the problem we are having is that the vault is growing at an alarming rate, approx 1GB per night, we have no reprting tools to see what ...

Publisher cannot save this file
I am working on our Newsletter. I am just updating it for publication next week and I cannot save my changes. I get the Publisher cannot save this file error. I tried to rename the file and I still get the error. HELP!.......... Are you working with a trial version of Publisher? If not have you activated the product? Do you have Norton anti-virus software? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harr...

Web publishing a spreadsheet
I have saved a workbook as an Web htm that is now on my hardrive as C:/documents and settings/workbook.htm. What do I send to others to view this workbook and can I see their updates??? -- lcannon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lcannon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24253 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381411 you use a database and something other than Excel lol L, You send them the file you saved. They'll need Excel, since they're going to update it....

Money 2003
I seem to be stuck in Portfolio nightmare. I have created 4 seperate portfolio accounts as IRA Roth - B, IRA Roth - J, IRA - B and IRA - J. When I donwload the data from my mutual fund provider, one of 6 accounts wants to contnue to drop its data into IRA - B when in fact in should be dropping into IRA - J. Out of 6 accounts (funds) under these 4 portfolio's, only this one fund places its data in the wrong place. There must be a fund that has been deleted, stored somehwere with the wrong account information in it but I can't seem to figure out how to find old accounts/fun...

Publisher 2002.
Hi all, I just made a flyer in Publisher 2002 and I wanted to review it at work. It will not open. I had a friend try it at home and it still will not open. It works fine in my home computer. The OS at home is WinXP and at work is Win2000 Pro. How can I view it on another computer and print it? Is there somesort of protection? Incidently, I had a logo inserted in the flyer made in photoshop. Could this be the problem? I am about to try removing the photoshop created logo in my next attempt but I somehow doubt if that will help me print it from a different com[puter. Any suggestions or help p...

Outlook 2003 crashing #2
I am experiencing crashes on Outlook 2003, several times in 15 minutes I get the error that outlook has has encountered a problem and needs to close. I just installed to Office 2003 because I was getting this error on 2002 and could not complete the Support site updates. I had hoped the new install would fix this. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! if we have more information we might be able to help you... look in the event log (control panel, admin tools) for the errors and repost. But first, you might want to try renaming outcmd.dat and *.srs file for ...

Exchange 2003 Inbox Access Permissions
I was wondering if you might find you way to pointing in the proper direction with an issue I am having. Recently I have noticed that my users seem to have been assigned too many access rights as now other users are able to open other users Inboxes, Contact Lists, Calanders etc. even though in Outlook they did not have Permission to do so. It is as if ALL User' have Administrator access. So I am thinking that there is a setting in Exchange (Mailbox Rights) that controls this access. I could use Mailbox Rights in AD Users and Computers (though I am not sure which Right to edit) in e...

Exchange 2003 slow due to very high RPC operations and disk bottlenecks
Our Exchange 2003 server has been performing quite sluggishly the last couple of days, and delays are particularly noticable when users try to access shared calendars for meeting rooms etc. I ran the Exchange Performance Troubleshooting analyzer and got some interesting results, mostly high-lighting very high user activity (RPC operations per second) and disk bottlenecks on the disk that holds the Exchange databases and also the disk that contains the SMTP server. There were several reports of failed MAPI operations for "FindRow" (78%) and "OpenStream" (98%). The top 6 use...

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

I upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007, now the program will not open up
I upgraded a trial version of Office Small Business Edition 2003 to Office Small Business Edition 2007. Everything except my Outlook program works. When I try to start Outlook, the error message indicates that Microsoft Contact Manager has experienced a problem and needs to close. I uninstalled Office 2007 and lost everything related to Office 2003. Any thoughts or suggestions? WillR <WillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I upgraded a trial version of Office Small Business Edition 2003 to > Office Small Business Edition 2007. Everything except my Outlook > progra...

upgraded to outlook 2003
The company upgraded to 2003, I have one computer in which I get a can not find server error when I try to open a crm object. I have tried reinstalling crm and that did not work. I removed the users cached password for that server from the windows xp os and that did not work. I then reinstalled outlook 2000 and crm came up fine. I know the password has not changed. What could be the problem? thanks ...

Installing/Running Excel 2003 on Vista
HI, I'm 72, retired, and have no need or finances to afford Office 2007 for my new computer computer that uses Vista. I would like to install Excel 2003 from my old XP laptop on my new system to retain my macro ability from my old worksheets. I have the professional version of Office 2003 on the laptop which is being retired. The spreadsheets in Open Office are ok for basic things but wouldn't cut it when it comes to something like copy and paste special-values. My Office 2003 is a bona-fide registered version which was installed by Dell when I purchased the laptop. I do not have any...

Exchange 2003 local delivery queue issue
I have an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2k3 all updates applied. Whenever i try to send an email to everyone in the comany through a distribution list called "Everyone" the message will not deliver to all recipients. I am getting Event ID: 327 Source: MS Exchange Transport Category: Exchange Store Driver. The event mentions this error code: EcLocallyDeliverMsg to the store failed. Error code : -2147221240. The NDR report states: This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails,...

Access 2003 and SQL2000 Table Problems
I'm using Access 2003 as my client for updating tables in a database install on a SQL 2000 Server. All of the tables have the same user permissions and were created by the same user. Here is the rub. The SQL 2000 server/Access 2003 combination allows editing and insertion of records in some of the tables but not in others. Where do I start? I'm just trying to use ACCESS 2003 to open the table and edit, delete and insert new records for all tables in the database. Thanks I'd first contact the administrator and check to see if there are permissions granted on all tables....