Publisher 2003 #25

I have tried to put both clipart and scanned pictures into publisher 2003.
but all I get is a blank box, no picture or graphics at all.
I have had publisher 2002 for a while but never had this problem.

earthdweller <earthdweller@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I have tried to put both clipart and scanned pictures into publisher
> 2003. but all I get is a blank box, no picture or graphics at all.
> I have had publisher 2002 for a while but never had this problem.

Have you tried the options under View > Pictures?

Also, you might want to update your video drivers.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Publisher 2007 and Vista
I've created a 1.3MB file in Publisher 2007 running on Vista that is a book and sent it to my editor for final review. She uses Publisher 2007 on Windows XP and was able to open and work on my file. She has sent it back to me for my final review but I cannot open her file on my laptop with a Publisher 2007/Vista combo but I can open the file on an old desktop I have running Publisher 2003 with a compatibility fix and Windows XP. Any suggestions how I can fix this so I can use this file on my Publisher 2007/Vista combo? Thanks. -- Charlierog Disable your anti-virus software, wi...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

Publisher Mail Merge via DDE?
I usually use Word for my mail merges, in which I connect to my data source via DDE. I am merging a lot of numbers with special formatting (percentages and dollars) and need to retain that formatting in my document. I need to use Publisher for one of my documents, but there does not appear to be an option to connect to my Excel spreadsheet via DDE. So, the formatting on my numbers is all screwed up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! I found an answer to my own question in a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/1afe33ff0644c701/b0...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

insert>video option is grayed out in frontpage 2003
the option is grayed out on the menu. Take a look at this article: How to insert a video in FrontPage 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825508/en-us -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "pagewest" wrote: > the option is grayed out on the menu. ...

How to convert a Publisher document for blind readers?
We're a church that uses Publisher to produce a weekly 4-page booklet that we print and distribute on Sunday. I'd like to email the document in advance to some blind congregants who have a text reader on their computer at home. When I convert the doc to plain text, the order of the text gets messed up. How can I convert the Publisher doc to a format easily read by text readers for the blind while maintaining the correct order of words? Thanks in advance for your help. Can the readers they use read .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Mic...

Upgrading 2k to 2003
I have bought a new server which i would like to install and run Exchange 2003. I currently am running Exchange 2k. How can i upgrade, and move all mailboxes, public folders to the new server running Exchange 2k? Also I have some remote users who will need to connect directly to information store as if they were sitting at the home office. In Exchange 2k you could open the RPC on the firewall and make some configuration changes in the registry of the exchange server, to make this happen. Doesnt Exchange 2003 use RPC over HTTP for this? if so how can i make this work for my remote users so ...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

Using Access 2003 for Inventory
I plan to setup our inventory system in the warehouse using Access 2003. Now, what I would like it to do (and it has been a long time since I have tried to do anything with access so I don't remember if this is possible or not) is automatically create a report that will tell me when I am low on equipment and possibly e-mail it to me and my supervisor. I'd also like to do the samething so with our drop material (cables, ground blocks, etc.) and have it e-mail to the owner so that he can place an order. The system, ideally, will also allow me to view what our technicians have on ...

Can you still run Clip Gallery in Publisher 2003?
I just recently upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003, and now I can't figure out how to use Clip Gallery. I gave up & copied my clip gallery files to my hard drive, and ran Clip Organizer, but none of the keywords "stuck", so I can't search for clips using keywords anymore. I'm not real keen on searching thru thousands of thumbnails for an appropriate clip, so for now I'm finding my clips in Home Publisher, then copying and pasting into my Publisher 2003 documents. Publisher 2003 help makes a reference to still being able to run Clip Gallery, but gives no i...

Office 2003 clip art #3
Clip art became almost unuseable when I installed Office 2003 over my office 2000. The thumbnails are slow ...make that extremely slow to appear and clipart that is downloaded from the Microsoft clip art site does not appear automatically in a downloaded category for selection. How can I make this feature more useable? Empty your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If you have the Clip Gallery still on your computer you can use it as a standalone application (drag the CAG icon to your desktop) or when in an Office product, insert, object, scroll down to Microsoft Cl...

Exchange 2003 SP1 #9
Can anyone give me a ballpark on how long it took to install service pack 1 on their exchange 2003 server. I know it will vary but just looking for something I can start with to put in my project plan. Thanks. Cory corydch@hotmail.com wrote: > Can anyone give me a ballpark on how long it took to install service > pack 1 on their exchange 2003 server. I know it will vary but just > looking for something I can start with to put in my project plan. > Thanks. > > Cory > I just did a reinstall of it last night. Takes about 15-20 mins depending on the box. -Mark ...

Publisher doc shuts down, no reason, cannot reopen. error
I work in Microsoft Publisher all the time with my publications. Today, my document shut down after saving and when I try to open it, I get a "cannot open Publisher file" message. Help! I have to get my newsletters out today! Thanks How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B4F44C3-02EF-4D86-AD96-95866109453C@microsoft.com... >...

Misleading VS.NET 2003 error message
I got this error message compiler under VS.NET 2003 (no, I haven't tried it under 2005) ParseTrace.cpp i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2226: syntax error : unexpected type 'BOOL' i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' from the following class definition class AFX_EXT_CLASS StackTrace { public: StackTrace(BOOL pushing, TreeNode * n); // <= error was on this line ~StackTrace(); CString ToString(); }; Now try to guess what is wrong. What is wrong is that I forget to ...

Outlook 2003, sorting contacts problem
To the outlook and exchange gurus: Am connected to an Exchange server. Have 340 contacts in my mailbox. I have set them by various categories I arranged them/view them by the Category field. When I sort with the "File As" field, all my categories disappear (or collapse) and now every contact is sorted as "file as". Is there a way to arrange by a category I setup, like Owner, Tester, Employee,Company1,Company2,etc. Then sort within each category such as File As or Last Name,etc. And still maintain my separate categories? I can organize by categories but how do I sort ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #6
I am using Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and every so often it freezes while it 'Synchronizes folders' with the server. Right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting 'Cancel Server Request' fails to do anything. Outlook can sit for 10 minutes or more waiting and never recovering though I have seen it do this process very quickly. I had the 'Cached' mode set and now I'm trying it without this selection to see if the problem will go away. The only way I have been able to get out of this is to select the 'Task Manager' and kill outlook by selectin...