Publisher 2002 weird printing problem

Hi

I have a weird problem when printing from Publisher 2002
to my Epson 1290 printer.

Every time I print a document I get a blot of black ink
printed out at the bottom of the page. It varies in size
but it completely ruins the document printed.

This only happens with Publisher and never with any other
program, and I do a lot of printing in other programs so
it makes me think its a publisher problem and not an Epson
problem.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Many Thanks
Greg
0
anonymous (74722)

Publisher doesn't leave blots of ink on a Publication. I tried to find your printer
on the Epson site, but could not. Most applications do not use graphics in the way
Publisher does, could be your printer needs a new driver or the heads need cleaning.
This is not a Publisher issue, it is a printer issue.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Greg Hook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a weird problem when printing from Publisher 2002
> to my Epson 1290 printer.
>
> Every time I print a document I get a blot of black ink
> printed out at the bottom of the page. It varies in size
> but it completely ruins the document printed.
>
> This only happens with Publisher and never with any other
> program, and I do a lot of printing in other programs so
> it makes me think its a publisher problem and not an Epson
> problem.
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this?
>
> Many Thanks
> Greg

0
gsauer (5093)
6/24/2004 8:58:12 AM
Thanks for the reply. It seems odd that its a printer
issue if it only happens with Publisher and none of the
other many MS programs I use.

But I will download a new driver and try that.

Thanks
Greg

0
anonymous (74722)
6/24/2004 9:22:55 AM
I am already using the latest driver.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/24/2004 9:37:09 AM
Hi anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
(anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I am already using the latest driver.

Try contacting Epson direct if the below doesn't help (making sure you
complete removed and deleted the old driver):

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer
drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix
the problems you are encountering.

If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the
manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the
latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that
the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the
most recent driver for your printer.

Popular Printer Driver Sites:
-----------------------------
Canon
http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cprSupportDetail.jsp?minisite=10000&a=b&navfrom=DrivD

HP
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html

Lexmark
http://www.lexmark.com/US/support/drivers/index.html

Epson
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp
and visit the downloads/drivers section

Brother
http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/info/index.html
-----------------------------

Search for the printer driver that represents the make and model that you
are using and download that driver. I would make sure you select "Save"
when prompted for download, not "Run". Typically many save to My Documents.
Do not install or run the setup.

Go to Start > Settings > Printers and right click on your current printer
and choose delete from the menu that appears. If prompted to remove all
files, choose yes. Then restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts, go to the folder where your new printer driver
was downloaded and double click the file to extract the printer driver.
This should prompt you through the setup routine for the new driver. If
your computer "detects new hardware" upon restart, it's ok to hit cancel
on that dialog. Go ahead and continue your setup routine of your newly
downloaded printer driver.

If the file that you downloaded is not an executable, but only a file
that is *.inf, then you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to Start >Settings > Printers
2. Choose "Add Printer"
3. Choose Next
4. Select "Local Printer" then click Next
5. At the next dialog box choose "Have Disk"
6. Browse to the location of your newly downloaded *.inf file
7. Follow the remaining prompts (you may have to insert your Windows CD)
8. I would recommend restarting your computer at this point.

Now try a new print from Publisher.

This should fix your troubles. If not, either contact your printer
manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced.
They might request that you try an older printer driver.

Post back if you have any further questions. Feel free to visit my website
at http://www.mvps.org/publisher for some great information.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2

request to solve my problem #5

Publisher can not save file

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Print preview distorts objects
I have an XL2000 worksheet that has 4 controls on it (one command button, and 3 radio buttons). When I print preview the worksheet, once I close the print preview window the controls become distorted in size and location. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Thanks, Bill ...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...