Publisher 2002 - Unable to edit and save with same file name

We can create a new project and save it, but if we go back
to that project make changes and try to save the changes
we get an error message that tell us that the disk is
write protected and can not save the file.  But if we open
a project make changes and save it with a new name, it
saves just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Bill
0
anonymous (74722)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bill
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> We can create a new project and save it, but if we go back
> to that project make changes and try to save the changes
> we get an error message that tell us that the disk is
> write protected and can not save the file.

Are you saving to your local hard drive, a removable disk, or a network
drive?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
6/1/2004 7:18:55 PM

We are saving to the local drive(C).
>--
>Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Need help for Outlook 2002 -can not write or print email in color
I am using Word as email editor and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in color need advice color changes do not "stay" ARe you using HTML as the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, elliotsh asked: | I am using Word as email editor | and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in | color | need advice | color changes do not "sta...

Error Message while running Outlook 2002
While running Outlook 2002, I have recently recieved the following error message: "Unable to update free/busy data. An OLE rigistration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for this program" When I close the error message window it comes back again in about 2 minutes. I have searched and found similar threads, but I have found none with this exact error message. I've been using Outlook2002 for a long time. What exactly caused this to appear suddenly and what are the precise steps needed to remedy this problem? -- Win XP Home...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

e-commerce website in Desktop Publishing 2003?
Can you create an online ecommerce website with Desktop Publishing 2003? -- swpbbrcs Tired of Setbacks wrote: > Can you create an online ecommerce website with Desktop Publishing 2003? There's no product I know of called "Desktop Publishing 2003". I'll assume you mean Publisher 2003. It is possible to create an ecommerce website with Publisher 2003. It's also possible to swim the English Channel and empty a swimming pool with a teaspoon. I wouldn't want to try doing any of them. Publisher has no built-in e-commerce tools, and to add insult to injury has ver...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Editing the Activity View
Bill Bither below posted a way to edit the Associated Activity view which works very nicely. However, editing this veiw does not change the main Act view (the ones that show in workplace in the web client and the activities folder in SFO) Im wondering if a direct link to the proper form will also allow editing of that view as well? and if so what the proper guid is to access that view? Thanks in advance and thanks Bill for the nice tip. Robert not seen a link to this one. "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42e101c42b8f$585bdeb0$a4...

New Vista and Old Publisher
I'm super pleased with Vista Home Premium and its ability to fix old programs from old operating systems to work. I transfered every file from my old Win98 computer to my new Vista operated machine with no problems. My MS Office '97 installed flawlessly. Every program works like normal......every one except Publisher '98. I get an error message that MS Pub cannot open QS98.dll because "Not enough memory or the application is corrupt". I don't think 3GB memory is the issue. And I replaced the QS98.dll with a fresh copy off the net. The Vista Compatibility ...

Pasting values not formulas in Excel 2002
How does one copy and paste values rather than formulas in Excel 2002? I have Excel 97 and Excel 2000 and in both one can do this through Edit -> Paste Special But Paste Special does not give you this option in Excel 2002 and I cannot find any help in the online Help with about how to paste values. Hi Stephen, I use XL2002 and I can Copy --> Paste Special --> Values with n problem. Edit Paste Special Values Values is in the Paste Section in "Paste Special" and is the thir option on the left. I hope this helps you. Carlos Lopez -- Message posted from http://ww...

File w95inf32.dll
I have just installed Office Standard Edition upgrade on my computer. I have not been able to use Outlook 97 because of an error. I had hoped upgrading would solve my problem. When I try to load Outlook the message reads: Error loading W95INF32.dll I can't get past this point. Help!!!! Thank you!! Stephen ...

Problem importing a .pst file
Hi. I'm trying to import messages stored in a .pst file into Outlook (version 9.0.0.2711) with OS W2K. The file was created in Outlook under Windows XP. No error messages appear. The copying barometer comes up and it looks as if the messages are being imported. The problem is that I can't find them anywhere. What's going on? Tim They should be important in your main mailbox unless you've specified it to do otherwise. Do folder sizes indicate messages have been imported? You really should update your version of Outlook with Service Pack 3 and additional up...

thumbnails for files
Hi, 1. Does somebody know how can I show thumbnails (in the windows explorer) for my application's files (like bmp files and jpeg files have)? I didn't find any documentation on this subject. 2. Does somebody know if there is an api function that asscociate extension with an application? for example, I want that files with extension .wer will be opened with internet explorer (they are actually html files)? Help will be much appreciated, Ram. Hi Ram, Thanks for you posting in the group! 1. Based on my understanding, you want the cursor change to a thumbnail type when it pointed...

Publisher 2000 #38
I have upgraded Publisher from 98 to 2000 and cannot open my files that I had saved in 98. Can you help! Dixi Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dixi" <dixi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63412909-470C-4434-B3FB-7ED97B55282A@microsoft.com... >I have upgraded Publisher from 98 to 2000 and cannot open my files that I had > saved in 98. Can you help...

.xls file not found when .xls file clicked
Hi Folks, I have a problem that is driving me up the wall. Whenever I click file of the type xxxx.xls (whether in browser, email, desktop commander or anywhere), my excel program opens up and then I get a error message saying that xxxx.xls cannot be found. When I open up excel and do it the long way by moving down the path t the place where the file is located everything is OK Excel is set as my standard program for .xls extensions. This means that when I get an excel file in an email, I cant just clic it to open it up; instead I have to save it somewhere, then open u excel, find the place ...

Publisher 2007
We just upgraded to Office 2007. In my old version of Publisher (2003), the print settings I had assigned to each file were retained in that file--very handy in Publisher as some of the print settings can get complex at times. I print to a variety of different printers and have different settings for print jobs going to each. It appears as if this feature is no longer present. Is this true or is there some way to retain them? Setting manually can get time-consuming. Any suggestions? -- -Sharon. I'm replying to my own post here, but I found the solution! In Publisher 2007, rather t...

Recover excel file
Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? Sorry Jimp If you closed without saving, it's gone. Did you happen to E-Mail it to someone before you closed ?? Because it would be in sent email. Otherwise, it's start again I'm afraid. Regards Michael M "jimp" wrote: > Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? ...

How to track my saving?
Hi, I wonder how i can track my saving in Money 2004 Delexus. I set up some saving goals in my budget, but i don't see how Money provides assistance about how i am doing in fulfilling my saving goals. The feature i am looking for is this, when i have left over money in my budget each money, i want to be able to divide the leftover amount into a couple "virtual accounts", each of which tracks one of my saving goals. Then i want Money to be able to tell me how much i have saved towards each specific goal and how much more i need to save. I heard Quicken has this "virt...

Save a CBitmap to disk, possible?? pleeze help!
i dont know how to do this!!! i know i can attach it to a CImage and then save it, but is it also possible in another way?? thanx ! I don't believe that a CBitmap is actually connected to any bitmap really. If you were to serialize it, you'd just end up with a couple of member variables and maybe a pointer to where the data was at one time. I think what you need to do is call the GetBitmapBits function and save all of that data, then upon restore recreate the CBitmap with SetBitmapBits. >-----Original Message----- >i dont know how to do this!!! >i know i can attach...

why do I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes
When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? Did you click File|SaveAs instead of File|Save? Jennifer wrote: > > When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or > overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? -- Dave Peterson ...

extract low res thumbnails or save slides as small images with VBA
I’m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the low res thunbnails in slide view. I know i can save the slides as individual images of various types at 544 x 376 but i would like to save these small in size (Dimension), without having to resize them in another application such as photoshop? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 In article <a77e96e51d682@uwe>, A1k1do via OfficeKB.com wrote: > I�m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the > low res th...

corrupt log file?
can someone please help with this? i have a store whose log file (.ldf file) which has grown out of control. the database size is 1.2gb and the log file is 560mb. i am trying to switch to a new pc but this seems to be causing issues and i can not create the database on the new machine from the backup as recommended. does anyone have an idea of how to fix this log growth problem? Thanks, Jim Jim, The log growth problem is most probably coz of the "Recovery Model", please right click on the DB then Properties|Options then change the recovery model from "Full" t...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

SMTP auth command skipped in outlook 2002
I hope someone can help me with this rather innocent setup problem I am trying to connect to my remote smtp server and send the email through it. However, I get a "550 relaying mail to yestech.co.kr is not allowed" error from outlook 2002. I have checked the '...requires authentication' check box so I think this might be more than a simple setting problem. When I examine the OPMLog.log to see all SMTP activity, I find that "auth login" command is missing from the session. What's interesting is that if I try to send the same mail from Outlook express ...

Publisher 2002 #37
When printing a Newsletter, Publisher 2002 prints four pages of newsletter design suggestions/examples in front of my Document. When I make a change to tyhe document and print, the same three pages print. Can I stop these three pages from printing. Thanks in advance for your assistance. This has to be something in your print driver. What model printer are you using? Have you looked at all the settings? Have you looked at the manufacturer's support documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Skeetter&quo...

Setting up Outlook 2002 for sending/receiving e-mail
Hello, I am using XP small office Outlook 2002 and trying to set up to send and receive e-mail. I have used Outlook Express for ages and it works fine. I have configured the Outlook with the info from my ISP (Hughes.net). I can send a test e-mail and it shows up in OE and on the hughes.net server but when I try to send a message through Outlook 2002 I get an error message that says "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Can anyone help me figure this out. Thanks. When you setup Outlook, did you create a Personal Folders (.PST or Outlook Data) file? It sounds li...