Publisher 2002 Mail Merge Problems

Hi!  I posted an inquiry on 2/21/04 regarding problems I'm
having doing a mail merge in Publisher 2002 (using
W98SE).  I read a post that said I may need to intall MDAC
file from MS...I did so and restarted my PC, but Publisher
still freezes after opening the source file (in this case
an Access database)and doesn't allow me to go to the next
step.  Any other advise?  I may end up just printing
labels and affixing them to the postcards I'm trying to
mail merge information into...your help is appreciated!
0
anonymous (74722)

Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file.
That will work.
In Excel you go to menu FILE > SAVE AS > CSV

donotknock (1941)

Transparent shapes in Publisher 2003
Hi, I have a problem that I've posted on the Adobe Acrobat Forum and so far nobody has been able to provide a resolution to my problem. I've created some documents in Publisher 2003 that contain a few transparent shapes which act to highlight text, and also a WordArt title that has a shadow. However when I convert them to PDF to send to a Printing Company, the transparent shapes and the shadow come out as cross-hatch and not a smooth transparency - completely ruining the look of the documents. I'm assuming that this is not something new, so would hope that somone out there ...

PDF File conversion problems w/ transparency filled boxes in Publi
Periodically, I like to use text boxes positioned over a photo in which I insert photo caption information. I would like to make the fill in the text box TRANSPARENT rather than solid. When I do this, it looks just fine in the Publisher file, but when I convert it to a PDF file (with Adobe Acrobat), I lose the transparency--it comes out as a box with grid/plaid-like shading in it. The same thing happens with the shading that is inherent in Word Art--when converted to PDF, the shading is comprised of GRID lines rather than an even transparent shadow. Is there a problem between coding in...

CSV file problem
Hi, Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the original file has quotes around each element but when I save the csv file from Excel it strips them off. I need the quotes left in. Any suggestion how to get Excel to leave the quotes in? Thanks in advance, Linn See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvwithquotes In article <eU8yb0X4EHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Linn Kubler" <lkubler@charter2.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the > original file has ...

Publisher can't open files...
Conditions for the PC mentioned below: O/S: Wxp Pro - total updated. Office: Of2k - total updated. ****** Situation: I have received e-mails with publisher-files attached. When I try to open the files, my Publisher comes up with the error-message (translated from danish to english): "Publisher can't open files, which are created in another version of Publisher." When I look in the properties of the files, I can see the author's name, but not the version of the publisher, with which the files are created, or the Publisher-format of the files. (It should have been a goo...

Money 2002 won't start
I had the same problem with money 2002 and after reading all the post I handled it with a system restore. Easier than uninstall and reinstall. Opened right up. ...

Windows Live Mail Desktop Invitation & Software
I just signed up at live.com. Anyone know how long it takes to get an invite to download the software? I have been using Live Mail Webmail for a while now and I love it. Thanks. -- ;-) ImDadLA_AT_MSN_DOT_COM ImDadLA <ImDadLA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I just signed up at live.com. Anyone know how long it takes to get > an invite to download the software? I have been using Live Mail > Webmail for a while now and I love it. Thanks. I have absolutely no idea, and haven't so much as touched any of the Windows Live software. This grou...

Strange problem with verdana font
Hi Since some of our users have MS Office 2007 we have a huge problem with Verdana font. When a user gets or writes a new document message with verdana font, characters are shown like boxes or squares. This also happens when users receive mail into Outlook 2007 that is written in Verdana. All other fonts look ok, the only problem is with Verdana. So the only way to view a document is to select all text and change font to anyting else as Verdana, but it's very annoying. This happens on all computers running MS Office 2007 or just MS Outlook 2007, also with new machines (clean insta...

Unable to receive e-mail message formatted in RTF
I'm using Outlook 2003/SP2 on Windows/2000 connecting to an Exchange Server. When someone sends a message in RTF, what I get is a message that includes both HTML and plain text, but no RTF. I've gone all through the e-mail and account options in Outlook and have found some settings which allow me to send in RTF, but none that would prevent me from viewing the message in RTF. Note that when I look at the source of the message, I see the two parts: Plain Text and HTML - no RTF to be found. It is as if the exchange server is converting the message somehow. Everyone here uses the same...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Selecting from internet services for outgoing mail
I guess my question could be asked a couple ways: Is it possible to select which Internet mail service is used to send a particular message (assuming one has multiple services defined in one's profile)? or Is it possible to have Outlook not try to immediately send a note out so that one can do a manual send/receive using a specified service? I'm basically trying to have the correct return address show up on my outgoing messsage without having to change profiles. Thanks for any insights. Alan D. On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:28:04 -0400, "Alan D." <sndchaser@comcast.net>...

Problem importing Contact OE6 to Outlook 2003
I suspect this problem has been posed many times, but I'm a brand new user of Outlook, forced by the impending end of OE6 in the Windowws 7 environment. I'm attemptina a two step process: A. Moving my emails and addresses from OE6 to Outlook 2003 on my current WindowsXP computer. B. Moving the relevant information to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer. Right now I'm in step A. On the WinXP computer, I switched my default email program from OE6 to Outlook 2003. I successfully imported the mail messages and folders. But when I go through the procedures (see...

Set Welcome Mail
Hi, Can someone tell me if it is possible to set up a welcome mail which each new account will receive. This funcionality is used in Outlook Express, but I need a possibility to do that on the serverside with a customable welcome mail. Each new account should get this mail. If it is not possible, does anyone knows an other way? Juraj Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Inte...

printing double sided in Publisher
I’ve searched Publisher thoroughly, and I can’t find a command to print a regular book—on both sides of the pages. Clicking the “double side” command causes Publisher to shrink two pages and print them side-by-side on one side of a page. Not what I want. Word lets you print all the odd pages of the book, flip the stack over, reinsert it into the paper feed, then print all the even pages. Voila! Double sided printing. Why can’t Publisher do that? Or can it? -- cassjmb It's not a Publisher thing. If your printer can't print double-sided, nothing Publisher can do will change tha...

Problem: textbox default value = Date()
I want an unbound textbox on my form to default to current date. In the default value property of the textbox, I put "=Date()". Instead of today's date, it defaults to the text "date". What am I doing wrong? (I see if I bind the textbox to "=Date()", the value, of course, is today's date, but I only want the default to be today's date, which can be changed as needed.) TIA Are you actually entering "=Date()" or are you entering =Date() without the double quotes? If the latter, it should give you the date! -- There's AL...

outlook 2002
I'm using Outlook 2002 to read my email. I've set up my MSN account and mail downloads to my computer, but leaves a copy on the MSN server...how can I set this to automatically delete the email on the server after downloading to my computer? Thank you! Use the advanced options on your account settings to not save copies on the server. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ch...

where is Letters and Mailings
I'm trying to print 4000 labels from my excel spreadsheet. Help says to click letters and Mailings from the Tools menu. My tools menu does not have Letters and Mailings. What am I missing? "Divita" <Divita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B71354D6-F062-4B6D-B38C-FF8AC4828753@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to print 4000 labels from my excel spreadsheet. > Help says to click letters and Mailings from the Tools menu. > My tools menu does not have Letters and Mailings. > What am I missing? You don't say which version of Excel you are us...

I downloaded Outlook and it worked for a day. Now no new mail
I downloaded Outlook 4 days ago. the first night all my email messages came through. The next day I logged on and nothing new. It has been like this for 3 days now and I don't know what to do. When I check my bellsouth account there are tons of new messages. Please help if you know what's wrong. Thank you!! ...

Problem Sending Attachments
When sending attachments via IMAP the recipient is confronted with a renamed file named winmail.dat that is unopenable due to the "dat" extension. Anyone know why this is and how to stop it? In other words how to acheive WISIWTG (what I sent is what they get). Normally WinMail.DAT attachments are the result of sending mail in Rich Text Format. Is that the format you're using? "Blogman" <@> wrote in message news:eoa4YE7wFHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When sending attachments via IMAP the recipient is confronted with a > renamed file named winmai...

EXcel problems
Hi, We have a ERP program in my bussiness.We generate with reptoexcel application reports to excel. But,if we probe these option with Administrator user,th program works ok. But,if we probe with another user,the program break. The probe is done under w2k server by terminal server,with excel 2003. Thanks to all for help ;) ...

Peculiar problem facing in web application due to microsoft excel
We have devoloped a very huge web application for General Motors. Th problem we are facing here, whenever we tried to copy either the labe or value from the screen (struts with jsp) and paste it in microsof excel, then try to access the application, the session is gettin expired. This happens only when we copy and paste the content in microsoft exce and not in any other editor like notepad etc. The following are true - you have a webapplication with a user session. - if you select and copy text in your browser, everything is okay - if you paste it into notepad, you can continue surfing - if...

Installing Publisher 2000
My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the installation. It gets stuck on the same file every time. I don't really want to have to buy a new one. Any ideas? -- Thanks, Denise Your local CD store will have a CD repair kit that might help. -- "Denise W" <DeniseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5EC7020-A3D9-4050-9BF8-6F5D714642BB@microsoft.com... > My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the > installation. It gets stuck on the same file every time. I don't re...

.pst problem
I have a user's computer that I changed from one domain to the other. copied the users profile and everything works fine. However, when I tried importing her .pst file from a her old .pst location, it changed the size of the .pst from 15mb to 265kb. Basically resetting the file. I have tried everything. I really need to be able to access the mail box and contact information. thanks Copy it again and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD...

Outlook 2002 User Profile
I am running windows XP Pro. I recently removed a domain from my computer and adjusted the Windows XP User settings (set up a new user). My personal email data files (User Profile) were not copied correctly to the new user setting and need to be set up again. They were not deleted from the local hardrive. Anyone know how to; 1. Go about finding/searching for my existing Outlook user files (Outlook Profile) on my hardrive(what files do I need to search for, and what folder can I find them in?). 2. How do I reconfigure Outlook to open my existing Outlook Profile? Thanks ...

Excel 2002 program opens but not the excel file being opened
( using Win XP Pro and Excel 2002 ) -a user double clicks on the excel file in Windows explorer and excel program opens up but not the file -if you click in Excel on Window, New window, the file appears in Window 2 and if you go back to Window 1 the file now appears -any help to fix this? thx Steve Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...

loosing email (Exchange) Settings in Outlook 2002
I have a number of pcs that are loosing thier email settings. The users can not be doing it do to group policies and control panel being disabled. It works for a while and then one day, nothing. The profile is there, but the exchange server is gone. ...