publisher 2002 and printing

i want to print an 8 page booklet on 11x17 paper.  when i go to print preview and view pages 1&8 they print out justfine.  when i select pages 2&7 and hit print , pages 1&8 print out.  i have a hp1220c printer, unfortunately at this time hp doesnt have a driver for xp for the toolbox.  when i had publisher 98 and the hp toolbox i could print this very easily.  i also cannot change the order pages to print, the toobar icon in print preview, says change orderof pages, when i click on it nothing can be changed on the window that opens other than the 3 formats that are allowable.  Help!

HP has a driver on their web site that probably has the toolbox, it maybe newer than
yours.
http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"myron" <nailapot(removethis)@execpc.com> wrote in message
> i want to print an 8 page booklet on 11x17 paper.  when i go to print preview and
view pages 1&8 they print out justfine.  when i select pages 2&7 and hit print ,
pages 1&8 print out.  i have a hp1220c printer, unfortunately at this time hp doesnt
have a driver for xp for the toolbox.  when i had publisher 98 and the hp toolbox i
could print this very easily.  i also cannot change the order pages to print, the
toobar icon in print preview, says change orderof pages, when i click on it nothing
can be changed on the window that opens other than the 3 formats that are allowable.
Help!

0
laserdog (1122)
1/27/2004 8:53:25 AM
If you buy HP garbage you must expect problems.

See if you can get your money back on your lemon printer.

donotknock (1941)

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

How to stop WLM publishing photos?
I am using WLM latest beta and am frustrated in that I cannot attach a photograph to an email without WLM insisting to publish it. How can I set WLM to just attach a jpg photo? Compose in Plain Text and attach the file or In a message composition window click on the Insert tab and select the = Single Photo option - note even though it states single, more than on picture can be added. = The pic will be shown in the body of the message(not=20 attached, though the recipient may see it as an attachment depending = upon their email client software) or Windows Live Mail button/O...

Outlook 2002 Question #2
Hi, I have configured Outlook to get email from 2 different accounts: a regular POP3 account and a Hotmail account. When I have Outlook open and a new message arrives in the POP3 account, I get a notification box and I hear a sound. However, when a new email arrives in my Hotmail Inbox, I neither get a notification nor do I hear a sound. So, how do I configure outlook to pop a notification window and play a sound when new mail arrives in my Hotmail Inbox? Thanks, Mr. Camel You can't. Login with your Passport with MSN Messenger to be notified when a new message arrives in yo...

pdf file into a publisher document?
Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. You could make a gif file of the pdf file or scan the pdf file creating a Word file and then do a copy and paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cthrail" <cthrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E69A19-D2FD-437E-8CCC-128A67AAA92F@microsoft.com... > Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables > and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. If the PD...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Downgrade Outlook 2002 to 2000?
I recently purchased a PDA and it came with Outlook 2002 so I upgraded. The problem is that all my other Office applications are 2000, so I cannot use Word 2000 to compose email messages any more. I have since discovered that the PDA will work just fine with Outlook 98 or later. Is it possible to remove Outlook 2002 and replace it with 2000? Cal. uninstall it, reboot, reinstall 2000 and reboot. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual Qu...

Is it possible to write over a picture in office publisher?
How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. "musicman7773" <musicman7773@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E...

Publisher 2000 won't start
I've installed Publisher three times as part of Office 2000. On startup the program the screen is grayed out with no options available and the catalog does not appear. All I can do is Alt-Cntrl-Del to get out of it. In the message bar at the bottom of the screen it says "unfinished document". As an alternative, if I double click on an old Publisher document it does start. I can then go to the options menu and disable the Catalog on startup. It then will start ok but locks up when I try to manually start the Catalog to begin a project and I'm back to where I was and ...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Money 2002 #25
What a relief to know that I am not the only one. I've been in a panic all week trying to figure out what was going wrong. It took me over an hour to go through the help options and get nowhere (they wanted the PID for my program, which involves me opening the program!!). I finally found this discussion group and feel much better. I did notice that one suggestion was to remove Money and reinstall it. I'm not terribly computer savvy. If I do that, don't I lose everything in there? In microsoft.public.money, Stephanie wrote: >What a relief to know that I am not the...

Excel 2002 error message
We are receiving an error message as follows: file.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file is on a floppy and was opened as recently as yesterday. Does any one have any idea how to access the data on the diskette? Hi NEVER try to open a file directly from a floppy. This is the main reason for corrupted files. Alsways copy them first to a harddisk -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sandicoke" <srupert@peoplepc.com> schrieb im...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Page sorter in Publisher:
How can I view in the page sorter all page numbers from multiple sections when in publisher? ...

Can Outlook 2003 be used with the old 2002 interface?
I really don't like the new interface for Outlook 2003. I guess if I used it enough I'd learn to like it, but I have about 100 users that I'd have to show how to use it. If I could use a "classic Outlook interface" like the way Windows XP Professional allows a "classic Windows Start Menu", that would be great. You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. Some people have a real hard time learning new interfaces. We've been using the same type of Outlook setup since Outlook 97 with some small changes. These new changes for Outl...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

Publish Task List
Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file? Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file, retaining it's view characteristics? View it in Simple list view, add columns, do your grouping - using the Field Chooser and Group By box (on Advanced toolbar) Then you can print preview it - you'll get what you see when you print it! Judy Gleeson Acorn Training and Consulting "we're nuts about Outlook" www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm Cody Dawg <bfogelstrom@hotmail.com>...

Does MS Publisher save in 600 dpi TIFF format?
My magazine publisher REQUIRES 600 dpi TIFF files. Will any version of MS Publisher save output in this specific format (TIFF AND 600 DPI)? Please answer only this question and do not discuss CMYK or Greyscale Postscript files which the magazine does NOT accept. No, Pub 2003 can do up to 300 dpi. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDDAC3B5-95DF-48A3-A953-D5163E8CBA55@microsoft.com... > My magazine publisher REQUIRES 600 dpi TIFF files. Will any version of MS > Publisher save output in this s...

Can't publish Excel list to Sharepoint
In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to Sharepoint), I get the msg "Cannot connect to server at this time. Your list cannot be published". I am able to "pull" the same spreadsheet into Sharepoint, using Create List, Import Spreadsheet. I have done the workaround in KB838703 with same results. Any other suggestions ? This has also been posted to the Sharepoint community site Thanks. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:03 -0700, "LeslieR" wrote: >In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to >Sharepoint), I get the m...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

problems with document converted back to publisher 2000
I am trying to send a flyer that was created in publisher 2003 to a client - she requested that I convert it to Publisher 2000. I went in and saved it as a new document in the 2000 format, but when trying to email it as an attachment to her it stalls in my outbox and will not send. Any ideas? Lynette The file is probably too big. Try sending it thru yousendit.com. It's a free service. Warn her about the size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lyn11vw" <Lyn11vw@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Why Can't Publisher 2007 Insert Certain TIFF Files?
Publisher 2007 says it supports the TIF file format by default. Why is that some TIF files can be inserted into a Publisher document with no problem, while others cannot? The TIFs that cannot be inserted cause a "Convert File" dialogue box to appear on screen. The dialogue box has a "Convert File From" drop down list with various file types to choose from, including TIF. And even if you choose TIF from the convert file dialogue box, the TIF fails to insert into the Publisher document anyway. Just trying to understand the criteria for creating useable TIFs for Publisher ...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...