Publisher 2000 will not import JPEG picture

I have several JPEG photos that I can import into Publisher 98 but refuse to
import into Publisher 2000 (SP3) any ideas? I have tried converting the
pictures to other formats but get the same results.
0
Brian8214 (439)

Could be your filter(s)  is/are corrupt. Look on your hard for a folder similar to
this:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
Rename the JPEGIM32.FLT to something else such as jpegim32.old,  from your Publisher
CD drag a new instance of this file into the same folder. If you think more than one
filter is bad, remove all the filters and replace them from the CD.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several JPEG photos that I can import into Publisher 98 but refuse to
> import into Publisher 2000 (SP3) any ideas? I have tried converting the
> pictures to other formats but get the same results.

0
gsauer (5093)

picture in a footer
Does anyone know how to display a picture in a footer? I followed the workaround to get a picture in a row to repeat at top but can't figure out how to get a "logo" to repeat at the bottom or in a footer. Anyone??? Thanks in advance. I'm using excel 2000 Suz This feature was introduced in Excel 2002. Place the logo where you want it at bottom of a blank sheet. Print out a bunch of copies then use these in your printer tray. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:39:01 -0800, Suzgreive <Suzgreive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know ...

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

outlook 2000 contacts #4
Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts but don't know how It's under your profile c:\documents and settings\<profile name>\local settings\applications data\microsoft\outlook The file is Outlook.pst Good luck. "Ted" wrote: > Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my > hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts > but don't know how jdc <jdc@discussions.microso...

Publisher Users: Looking for Free Fonts?
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/ This was recommended by Lockergnome online. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you Brian. Even tho I have 923 fonts onstalled on my system, there are times when I just can't find the exact effect I'm looking for. I appreciate links like this. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:uhnPOpuTEHA.3332...

Publisher 2003 Installation
We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Can we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do we need to buy two copies of the program? Two copies. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <dg4b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:28722BAD-C90B-42F1-9538-306BCD7CB637@microsoft.com... > We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. > Can > we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do > we > need to buy two copies of the program? JoAnn ...

Simple hack to get $2000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $2000 to your home at http://lifeisbeatiful.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Act 2000
Is there a translator to import Act 2000 (5.0) directly into Outlook 2000???? When I "save as" a 4.0 from act 2000 Outlook will not read the file. Help!!! ...

Publisher for Mac?
If there is not a Publisher for Mac, what would work? maestrolaw wrote: > If there is not a Publisher for Mac, what would work? Running Publisher for Windows in Microsoft Virtual PC would work. If you have a MacTel, you could wait until a version of VPC supporting Mac comes out, or use Boot Camp, or use one of the other PC virtualisation apps for Mac. Alternatively, you could try Scribus (an open-source DTP application; the Aqua version is available from http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3&page=1 Failing that, you're looking at mor...

Cannot Archive in outlook 2000
I am having some real trouble with Outlook 2000. The Sales Manger came back from a business trip and went to archive some of his mail because he has a dozen or more messages by the end of each week. When he goes to archive and select everything older then the current day for his inbox nothing happens at all. You will see in the lower left corner the archiving icon appear for a few seconds then disappear. And the resulting ..pst file that is created is only 32 kb. Now this has happen in the past and a simple detect and repair would fix the problem. But now that no longer works I have d...

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

how do I remove all hyperlinks in Publisher doc?
I've copied some information from Wikipedia and want to insert it into a Publisher document. Is there an easier way to remove all the hyperlinks rather than selecting each one and removing them? LJM Paste special, unformatted text. There is a neat little utility you could download. When you copy from the Web this utility will convert the copy to plain text with a click. http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "LJM" <LJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEDA7B7F-70D1-4FD2-A697-E18335BAFFD9@microsoft.com... > I&#...

Import #2
I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow the import. Any ideas for a workaround? Dear Faiz, You can use scribe or write your own import routine for multiple contacts import. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Faiz Amir" wrote: > I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple > contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow ...

Importing of customizations is not complete
Hello, I develop on a separate server, the customizations are exported and then imported and published on the production server. Even though I get no error messages not all customizations are loaded in the production CRM! As far as I can judge it concerns relatively "small" modifications such as the modification of the display name of an attribute. I can find the modified display name in the XML file but it doesn’t get loaded! Any ideas? Thanks, Jan ...

Creating an additional profile in Outlook 2000?
Iam a newb with Outlook and have searched on here for a solution to my problem. I am using XP home edition and Outlook 2000 with update of SP3. My ISP provides me with 5 email accounts, all of which are not aliases from my understanding of what an alias account is. Mine are "name1@dodo.com.au","name2@dodo.com.au"etc. I am wanting to be able to access 2 email accounts, one with my nickname for friends and forums and the other for my new business, while using my version of Outlook 2000 without having to upgrade to a newer version. I don't want to create a new '...

Import Emails
Hi Is it somehow possible to import all "old" emails from Outlook to MSCRM 3.0 History? Same question to the Journal Entries... Has anyone done that before? Thanks for any Help. Regards Mike I'd like to see an answer to this question too. I've just installed CRM 3.0 and imported my accounts and contacts no problem. I now have 15 email inboxes that each contain 1000s of emails that I want to load in as activity history - matching them up with the contact records. I know you can do this 1 by 1, but it takes about 10 clicks per message. Is there any way to automate thi...

Exporting and Importing data
I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop. I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as it is on his old machine. Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to do this? If you are using exchange mailbox then the only thing you need to move over is your boss's .pst and .pab files. If he don't have those two files then you don't need to do anything. All the information is stored on the server. Just reconfigure the new Outlook with his exchange mail information. "lsoliz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Upgrade to Outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000
I have attempted to upgrade to outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000 at least 5 times! (1)Each time I get a message unable to open default email folders. (2) .dll file could not be found (3) Unable to load PSTPRX.dll (4) I have to accept opening default folder or the program will not open. (5) I am unable to open any folder, (inbox, Sent mail, Contacts etc) (6) I can look up the .pst file I need and it is there and will work fine when I reInstall Outlook 2000. (7) Outlook 2003 does not pickup accounts, profile. I see the names of folders Imoved to the outlook bar in Outlook 2000 but they cann...

Is there anyway to import a file from Illustrator to Publisher? #2
I work with a graphic artist who uses Illustrator on a Mac. I need to import her files (including graphics) into Publisher to use to do mail merges from an Excel spread sheet. I am running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP. Many thanks for any help................. Can't be done. If it was a file on your computer, you could try a copy and paste but there's no common format for the two programs. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "maggie94306" <maggie94306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2003 pst file not readable by Outlook 2000!
Hello Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I copied a pst file from Outlook 2003 to a machine running Outlook 2000 and it complained that data file was not compatible or something. Is this normal for newer version pst files to not be compatible with earlier version Outlook? Angus Of course. That's been exhaustively documented. If you want to create a PST file that will be backwards compatible in Outlook 2003, you must do so expressly. File > New > Outlook Data File > Outlook 97-2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Angus Comber" <nospam@gmail.com&...

Exporting & Importing Knowledgebase 'Subjects'
Hi, I have defined lots of subjects in my development CRM instance and would now like to import/export these to the production system. Is there a procedure for this? If not would the recommendation be to use the Data Migration Framework? (massive hammer for this small nail). Regards -- ________________________________________ Angus Logan (MCAD/MCDBA/MCP) Lead Software Developer Microsoft Application Solutions Data#3 Limited E angus_logan@data3.com.au BLOG www.anguslogan.com ________________________________________ ...

Publisher 2002 SP3 vs Publisher 2002
I have Publisher 2002 SP3 yet when I receive an e-mail in Publisher 2002 I am unable to open it. Any suggestions as to what's wrong? What error message are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Gloria" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88F0E77C-F777-4D41-B4DD-D1DC44981F53@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2002 SP3 yet when I receive an e-mail in Publisher 2002 I am unable to open it. Any suggestions as to what's wrong? ...

Publishing Auto installing with refresh
I installed Office Beta 2 Refresh. I originally had not installed Publisher. However, after installing the refresh, Publisher was automatically installed. Is the refresh supposed to do this? Consider you got yourself a bonus. At least now you will have the chance to evaluate a decent program. You should be ashamed of yourself not installing Publisher originally. -- ...

Problems printing from Publisher
This is wierd. Any document I print fro Publisher to my Panasonic KX-P7100 laser printer gets enlarged by a factor of four or more - so it only prints out the top left hand corner (but enlarged). None of the other programs on the computer do this. I've installed all the updates and I've got the most updated drivers for the printer. Any suggestions? Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the printer would help. Panasonic has an utility that will remove all the printer files. Starting fresh could be a solution, Publisher is more demanding on printer issues than most applications. ht...

move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008
Hi I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows server 2003) to a new sql server 2008 on a new windows server 2003 R2 box. What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc. If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be transfered. dbdba -- ontario, canada db There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D3A184-9888-4ABA-9A2F-AF2363302950@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to move/upgra...