publisher 2000 photo editing

I have a bmp file inserted in to a Publisher 2000 document.  I want to
lighten the entire photo so it is just a background with words on the top of
it.  I can't find any contrast or watermark or anything like that in my
software.  Everything changes it to a lighter shade of just one color.  I
want to keep all the colors, just make the entire image really light.

Did you try using a photo editor first?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"stitchesbymindy" <stitchesbymindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CEC4F196-0765-40F3-8D7E-39476676E99E@microsoft.com...
>I have a bmp file inserted in to a Publisher 2000 document.  I want to
> lighten the entire photo so it is just a background with words on the top
> of
> it.  I can't find any contrast or watermark or anything like that in my
> software.  Everything changes it to a lighter shade of just one color.  I
> want to keep all the colors, just make the entire image really light.

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/21/2009 9:46:22 PM
Insert, New Drawing, A drawing canvas will appear. Insert, Picture from File.
Once you insert the picture on the canvas there is a button to wash out your
image as well as contrast buttons.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"stitchesbymindy" <stitchesbymindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a bmp file inserted in to a Publisher 2000 document.  I want to
> lighten the entire photo so it is just a background with words on the top of
> it.  I can't find any contrast or watermark or anything like that in my
> software.  Everything changes it to a lighter shade of just one color.  I
> want to keep all the colors, just make the entire image really light.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Setup replacement Exchange 2000 server
We run Exchange 2000 Server SP3 on a Compaq DL380 Proliant generation 1 server. I purchased a new DL380 G4 to replace the old server. I cannot upgrade to Exchange 2003 server because our agency cannot afford it at this time. I need to keep the same host name and file structure on the new server and I know how to do that. But, I am not sure about how to get the Exchange data from the old server to the new one. What are the steps that I need to take to accomplish this task? Be careful here. In order to use the same host name, you will have to power down the old server before you br...

Stopping: Cell Editing hides cell above
When editing a cell in excel to enter a formula for example, how do you stop it blanking the cell above? this is very annoying - for example it is now impossible to select the cell above to include in the formula with the mouse because it is hidden... any ideas? thanks in advance, henry. If you turn off In-cell Editing (Tools, Options, Edit directly in cells) you will not have this problem. Since I prefer in-cell editing, in those occasional cases where the formula blocks me from clicking a cell, I click a nearby one that is visible and then use the arrow keys to select the one I really ...

I need to import quicksell 2000 into Miscrosoft Dynamics RMS
I need help from anyone who has any ideal on how to export from quicksell 2000 into rms 2.0. I don't know anything about either of these programs. I need to get this program up and running ASAP. -- Thank you for all your help, Rustylady after you have the RMS application installed create a new database from the blank database template, then use the import from quicksell 2000 command. this is all found in the administrator. -- Aaron Kessler President, @ce Computing, inc 718-261-3375 "Rustylady" <Rustylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08D1ABC-B...

Outlook 2000 PST
I get the following error messages when trying to open my Outlook 2000 .pst file: Message 1: Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use. (then I click OK) Message 2: The file c:\Documents and Settings\Marshall\My Documents\outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. I checked to make sure the file is not set as read-only. It's not. Please help. argarg <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get the following error messages when trying to open my > Outlook 2000 .pst file: > Message 1: Properties for this information service must be &g...

exchange server 2000 service pack question
okay i feel dumb asking this...but how do you determine which service pack is installed on a exchange 2000 box??? i was hoping this could help...but nope...not for 2000... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B279631 thanks!!! It can be found in the properties of the server in Administrative Groups. Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original Message----- >okay i feel dumb asking this...but how do you determine which service pack >is installed on a exchange 2000 box??? > >i was hoping this could h...

Outlook 2000
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 installed on my desktop at my company's corporate office. The product id is 06101-OEM-0079624-85020. The 'out of office assistant' tool is not on the tools menu or anywhere else and I cannot figure out a way to use this tool so I can set up my e-mail to automatically respond to senders with a message that "I am out of the office". Janice Wortham <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The 'out of office assistant' tool is not on the tools > menu or anywhere else and I cannot figure out a way to use > this...

is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
Our trainers in the field need a tool that operates like Word that will hold gifs and support graphics easily and reliably. They need to be able to easily customize complicated engineering presentations for customers on short notice. Of course, they want it to operate like Word (so there isn't much of a learning curve). Is Microsoft Publisher the answer? Can you use Word to edit Publisher files? If not, is the learning curve to get up to speed on Publisher long (if you are familiar with Word)? -- DH Publisher is a snap to learn, If you can do Word, believe me, Publisher is easy. ...

Importing .pdf files into publisher
How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher? You can either pull all of the piece parts out of the pdf file (I use PDF-Tools) and recreate the data as a Pub file or scan the pdf and create an image (gif, bmp etc) and create a Pub file. There are probably other methods. Others will probably advise. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "gm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84c801c3e9bb$4de11a60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher? --- Outgoing mail ...

Outlook 2000 asking for logon...??
One of our laptops (Win2k Prof) with Outlook 2000 -- after I reformatted & set up (I believe) exactly like another laptop... now asks for "name, domain name & password." The other one just opens right up. Also, once you put the info in, it takes a VERY long time to finally open. Anyone know how to change this? Thanks, Sherry ...

How do I copy a pagemaker document into Publisher?
I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher and start using publisher for my newsletter? glassjj <glassjj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher > and start using publisher for my newsletter? You can try. Are you having particular difficulties with PageMaker? If not, why do you want to switch? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I am learning Frontpage and I want to use the same product name. I find Pagemaker difficult to use sometimes. My thinking...

Outlook 2000 From Field
I cannot get my Outlook 2000 to show me the From field so I can change which of my 3 accounts I send a message from. I can do this in Outlook Express and Outlook 2002 but I cannot find it in Outlook 2000. Where is this hidden? ...

why do the weblinks in my publisher document no longer work in a .
In my publisher document all the links seem to work (cntl+click). But in an e-mail the navigation links to other pages (in the document, I inserted a navigationbar) are not working. (Because an email is only one page?) and: In the same document previewed as a webpage the navigation links to other pages continue to work, but now the links to websites and e-mailadresses no longer exist. I want to make an e-mail(newsletter) with the possibility to click to next pages. Is that possible in Publisher 2003? How? hajohbo wrote: > In my publisher document all the links seem to work (cntl+cl...

IN Publisher I only want to print one label not all 6
I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print one mailing label not 6. What steps do I take? Thank you, You will have to setup the labels manually. Look here to see if yours is listed, if not post back. http://publishermvps.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25CA06F-0F6A-4743-99D3-38B688BB842B@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print > one mailing lab...

outlook 2000 #227
My problem is as followed. IMAP message disappears from the inbox when I forward and rely to the message. Does anybody known the fix for this. Thanks Do you have a view set to hide read items? See View > Current View. "Brian" <bjohnson@cpeincmail.com> wrote in message news:%230RXAMoEIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > My problem is as followed. > > IMAP message disappears from the inbox when I forward and rely to the > message. Does anybody known the fix for this. > > Thanks > > ...

Is there a way to create a border out of text in Publisher?
WordArt? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rmac" <rmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADD98BD-4331-4BD6-A669-69DEC7C8828D@microsoft.com... > You can do it with BorderArt if you want to create a graphic from text and then use the graphic. ...

Open comma delimited file- Excel 2000
How do I open a comma delimited file in Excel 2000. I open to the folder, but the file name does not appear. Advise appreciated. Hal Leonard In the file as type menu in the bottom make sure "all files is selected" >-----Original Message----- >How do I open a comma delimited file in Excel 2000. I >open to the folder, but the file name does not appear. > >Advise appreciated. > Hal Leonard >. > Ali Many thanks. Your answer was most welcome. You would not believe how much time I wasted looking for the answer you gave me. ...

selecting record in subform to edit on main form
Hi all I have sub form that shows all transactions by date. the subform is a datasheet view. I would like to double click a transaction on the subform and make that the current record on the main form. The main form and sub form are based on different queries because I wanted all transactions to show in the subform I didn't relate the forms through a master/child relationship. I normally open the form to add new tranaction(s) but would like to be able to select a record in the subform to edit as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. BRC On Apr 17, 10:02 am, BRC <sgos4v-goo......

How do I make Publisher recognize I am using a plotter and print .
I have a problem using a HP 650c Plotter with MS Publisher. No matter what I try in page set up, Publisher insists on printing as tiled/overlapping pages. How do I make it recognize that I am using roll paper 42" wide and print as one large sheet? I was able to set up a large format plotter with Publisher so you should be able to. Make sure your printer settings are set within Publisher for the document. You may have to tell it "Custom" and set the size of your creation but if I could do it for a 3' x 8' document............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Pub...

Printing Publisher booklet without two-sided printing possiblity?
Hey, I´m a bit frustrated for the moment!!! I want to print on a non-recto-verso printer a booklet which I made in Publisher. Why isn´t there an option like in Word print even or odd pages, or even better when choosing print all, that Publisher tells me to turn my pages to print the backside of my booklet!!! Why didn´t those Microsoft guys think about that!!! I wold really appreciate some help, concerning this topic! Thanks in advance! How to print even and odd pages by using VBA in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294748/en-us When you print your booklet, view...

Excel 2000: How do I make a simple chart with *two* value axes?
I am struggling to do something very basic in Excel 2000. I'm starting to think it is impossible, which is hard to imagine. So, can someone help? In a nutshell, the problem is that Excel seems to specify only one "value" axis, with the other being a "category" axis. Whereas I want two value axes. Is there a way to do that? If you didn't understand that... Let's say I have three lines I want to plot: Line #1: (1, 10), (10, 20), (50, 30) Line #2: (1, 15), (10, 25), (50, 35) Line #3: (1, 17), (10, 27), (50, 37) So each line has x values 1, 10, and 50. The...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error
Every time I send an e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get an error box from Outlook that states that this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. The detail message always says module < unknown > . The e-mail however always goes and I also receive with no problem. The only thing is that I have to restart outlook every time. Please offer some help if you can. ...

Microsoft Publisher #4
Is there any HOT URL that I could/should be acquainted with as I get out my book and learn ALL... ALL THERE IS to know about Publisher plus gimmicks here and there that adds ZEST to Publisher? Start here.. http://msauer.mvps.org/ -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Wanting to be a Publisher NERD" <Wanting to be a Publisher NERD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2191E1-86E8-4958-BD3B-EE996E11C906@microsoft.com... > Is there any HOT URL that I could/should be acquainted with as I get out > my > book and learn ALL... ALL THERE IS to know abo...

Calendars for Publisher 2003
Here it is September 2006 and NO 2006 calendars for Publisher. When is someone going to get up to speed and get templates for 2006 and 2007? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45906e5a-1759-...

Is Out of office assistant available with std edition of 2007 offi
Hi, I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or it is not available with std edition. In article <C68FAF27-A9F0-4EF5-97F0-A945AF8A2357@microsoft.com>, =?Utf- 8?B?bXVrZXNoIHBhdGls?= says... > > Hi, > > I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant > option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or > it is not available with std edition. You need Exchange Server for such functionalit...

Outlook 2000 Archive Prob
Howdy all... I had archived a mess of emails to a temporary Archive folder prior to = buring the archived emails to a CD. Then I deleted the original email folder, THEN I deleted the archive = folder on the HD (not the archive folder within Outlook itself) NOW, Outlook keeps looking for the deleted temporary archive folder on = C:/... and keeps giving me errors (nothing serious) Cool...so I figure, lets just delete the Outlook Archive folder (it was = created JUST for the one email folder...nothing else is in this = particular Archive folder) ...Nope...Outlook won't let me do it...keep...