Publisher 2000 #5

will Publisher 2000 work with Office XP and Windows XP?
0
ccooper (1)

Sure will, no issues at all.

If for any reason you have any issues, don't hesitate to post back.

donotknock (1941)

Printing Question #5
How do I print worksheet pages from various workbooks from one worksheet. Either an Excel or VBA solution woudld be fine. Thanks, John John In VBA you could open all the workbooks and then print them, this code opens two and prints everything in each Sub PrintOtherBooks() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls") wb1.PrintOut wb1.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb1 = Nothing Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book2.xls") wb2.PrintOut wb2.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb2 = Nothing End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampt...

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

drawing lines in publisher
In the old Publisher to draw a pefectly straight line you just held down control and drew, it snapped to either horizontial or vertical depending on what you where creating. How do you do that in 2002? It's the SHIFT key that you hold down, not CTRL. I think it was always that way, but I could be wrong. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:43:08 -0700, wrhl.info <wrhl.info@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In the old Publisher to draw a pefectly straight line you just held down >control and drew, it snapped to either horizontial or vertical depending on >what you where creating. ...

publisher cannot write to a file on a network drive
Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the folder she is trying to save to. The user can write to the folder with other apps, i.e. word Dan Thannhauser wrote: > Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. > > Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. > > The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the > folder she is trying to save to. > > The user can write to the folder with...

Synchronizing Outlook 2000 with Blackberry Curve 8900
When I use the Blackberry Desktop software to synchronize desktop with my blackberry I'm prompted to browse for my Contacts file. When I hit browse, it defaults to the Blackberry folder. Where are my outlook contacts and notes likely to be stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... You will need to consult the Blackberry Desktop help files. Synchronizing is the purview of the synch software - Outlook is the passive store for the information and takes no active part in synching. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

Why are no features working in publisher?
On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:27:07 +0000, Stecalder wrote (in article <4CADE41F-A2D4-459A-9D84-37AEF46F1CC0@microsoft.com>): > On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the > features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing > but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. WTF does "max out...

trouble with excel #5
Hello, Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holiday for my employees. The problem is as follow... If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to 20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to 22 days from their anniversary date. If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to 25 days from their anniversary date. My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this perso...

What is the command to repeat an action in publisher?
-- madamtobi By doing the same thing you just did. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "madamtobi" <madamtobi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A4231A4-F4F2-434E-B59F-4572A6221CDB@microsoft.com... > > -- > madamtobi In Excel & Word "F4" will repeat the last action. Doesn't Publisher have a key that will do the same thing. -- madamtobi "madamtobi" wrote: > > -- > madamtobi Since you are the same person who emailed me privately with a not so polite response, I had to debate whether or not ...

Exchange 2000 Keeps Sending the same Mail each time the Server is Restarted.... !
Hi Folks; I'm running Exchange 2000 and I recently sent out email to 5,600 people that belong to my website. The problem is, each time I re-start the server it sends out all those emails - again. I've re-started the server 4 times now over the last few weeks (due to Windows Updates etc) and each time it sends the same emails to the same 5,600 people. Needless to say, people are starting to wonder about me ;-) Does anyone know what would cause Exchange 2000 to do this? Thanks! Marvin Hi, Look in the SMTP queue folder to see if the message is saved there. Leif "Marvin Mill...

Publisher 2002 runs slowly
I've upgraded several workstations to Publisher 2002 (from the 2000 version) and now it runs very slowly on these computers when saving or opening files on the network. All computers have 256MB or more of memory and are at least Pentium 3 processors. Any suggestions? I'm ready to go back to the previous version. Hi Brian This is not a normal issue for Publisher 2002. Overall, the performance of 2002 was improved over 2000. 1. Does this happen if you run/save files locally and not over the network? 2. Does this only happen with files created from a previous version of Publ...

Disconnect frames in publisher, keep text in disconnected frames
Publisher 2000. A 125 page story. text in connected frames with many associated pictures. If add text to early pages (a family history), the pictures for a 100 + pages are no longer aligned. Would like to disconnect frames at appropriate intervals to minimise disruption, keeping text in current frames. At present it appears that text goes into 'overflow area' if frames disconnected. Can I , altenatively copy all the text and re-start somehow? Save the Publisher document in rich text format, open it in Word and do your editing, again saving in Rich Text. In Publisher, open the Wo...

ACT! 6 Address Book and Outlook 2000
I have viewed the ACT! Knowledge Base, Document ID 2002718172136 "How to Add My ACT! Address Book to .... Outlook 2000". The menu choices it mentions are not available choices in my Outlook. 'Services' is not an option on my 'Tools' menu. I am using ACT! 6, version 6.0.3 and Outlook 2000 SP-3. Can anyone tell me how to use my ACT! address book in Outlook? For anyone interested, here is the URL for the Knowledge Base article: http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/docid/2002718172136 Thanks, John I think it is complicated. If you look around Act webpage it will ...

excel 5.0
About a year or so ago I purchased an old version of excel 5.0 on floppy disks as my wife's old favorite laptop does not have a CD drive. Apparently 1 disk is bad and it will not load all of the program. The only thing it will not do is go to landscape. Everything else works OK. Can someone please help with the problem. Thanks a lot. John Lewis Hi John 5 is an old babe. But I assume you by landscape talk printouts. There's probably a conflict between the printer driver and the old lady. Perhaps she won't recognize a 10 years younger printer as a fullblown printer, or ...

publisher 2002 #33
when I insert a tiff file, I do not see the content but can see placing guide and read its measurement. Why so? Same file, When Print Preview, I can see tiff file content. when I print, it prints everything except tiff file content. when I insert a jpeg file, I can see and print but the file prints with light pink color background for whole jpeg content. what setting have changed so I could not see tiff in my publisher. I have been using it for long time and suddenly it has changed. Could be the wrong type of .tiff An inserted TIFF graphic image is the wrong color or displayed as a red &q...

Excel 2000
Hi, I wanted to create an automatic seacrh in MS Excel or MS Access. For example in Column A1, I have "APPLE" and then column "A2" should search for the unit price of APPLE in a database. And then on on cell B1=Orange, B2 should search for the unit price of orange in a database. How do I do that thanks Hi have a look at VLOOKUP for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "echo7" <echo7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:709085ED-2C2A-44A0-9492-42E4CB24DF00@microsoft.com......

How to unlock file with microsoft publisher as it has been locked
how can you unlock if the user has left and you try to unlock using windows administrator user name and password using microsoft publisher / front page 2000 . Please revert back I have tried removing service.lck also but no good and server where site is hosted has Frontpage extension only and no frontpage. And is runing through sharepoint. any other idea as to unlock it Thanks in advance. Publisher is not lockable. Are you talking about a website created/maintained with FrontPage perhaps? If so: you need to get the un/pw login from the host. If not...please explain the problem in...

How do I make text italic in a publisher text box?
I've copied an item into publisher. The font automatically changed. I changed the font back to what is was originally. That worked, along with items that were once again bold. However, the entire text WAS italicized and now it's not. How do I italicize my text now? Select the text and italicize it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "81gator" <81gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35607A56-CAE8-4E6D-8FD3-FC6545B2AA9A@microsoft.com... > I've copied an item into pu...

Trying to do Business Cards Using Publisher
I apologize for this, but my previous thread I think maybe was looked at as being closed so I wasn't getting any responses. Please excuse me for being a little impatient here, but I would just love to get some good advice here on how to solve my ongoing problem. So I just started a new thread, but it really is a continuation of my previous one under basically the same heading. It looks like I have a problem here. After I applied my 2 by 3.5 business card graphic to the blank business card template in Publisher by applying it to the Master page, it looked great online and when I p...

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

Installing Money 2004 #5
Can't install Money 2004. I have removed Norton. Keep getting installation interrupted. I have even tried RUN and ADD/Remove software. I have even run cleanup that came with Money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, dsjje85@aol.com wrote: >Can't install Money 2004. I have removed Norton. Keep >getting installation interrupted. I have even tried RUN >and ADD/Remove software. I have even run cleanup that >came with Money 2004. Try installing to a different folder. In microsoft.public.money, dsjje85@aol.com wrote: >Can't install Money 2004. I have remove...

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Outlook publishing error
Until recently, I have been publishing my Outlook calendar and downloading to my iPhone. Recently, however, the service quite working and I am now unable to subscribe to the published calendar. Publishing appears to work fine but I now receive an error message on my iphone stating I am "Unable to suscribe". This worked fine previously and no changes have been made. Solutions? ...

Cannot attach files to out going e-mail in Outlook 2000
When I attempt to attach my resume' to outgoing e-mail in Outlook I recieve the following message "Can't create file:XXXX.XXX Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I'm running windows 2000 and I have made sure that all file permissions are set properly. Any ideas would be helpful. CRPolk ...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5
We have just started using Outlook 2003. On every system so far, we notice that when Outlook is started, it takes 4 minutes to connect to the email server, Exchange 5.5. We are using the caching feature, so Outlook comes up, we can see the mail in the cache, but it takes a good 4 minutes to actually contact the mail server and bring in new mail messages. When I take the check mark off the use cache feature, the Outlook box comes up, but hangs the 4 minutes it is taking to connect to the server. This is only happening with Outlook 2003, as XP, 2000 work correctly. We are wondering...