Publisher 2000? #2

Is there a place where I can still get version 2000?  I've been looking, but
all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial.  My computer can't run 2007.
0
Jason4159 (666)

*If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that
way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck
finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually
prefer that over 2000.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can still get version 2000?  I've been looking,
> but
> all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial.  My computer can't run
> 2007.

0
jl_paules (2768)
4/1/2008 10:46:47 AM
You may be in luck; Amazon.com lists two versions available.

Microsoft Publisher 2000 and Microsoft Publisher 2000 Deluxe w/Photo
Editing.
(Only 2 or 3 copies of each - new and used)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can still get version 2000?  I've been looking,
> but
> all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial.  My computer can't run
> 2007.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
4/1/2008 3:31:29 PM
Jason,

The prerequisite operating systems are: Microsoft Windows XP with Service
Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later operating system2

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can still get version 2000?  I've been looking,
> but
> all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial.  My computer can't run
> 2007.

0
Anthemwebs (309)

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Store.exe crashing on 2 Exchange 2003 servers
We have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers (Win 2K SP4) which have developed a problem with the store crashing every half hour or so. System event log: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. Application event log Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module storevs2.dll, version 7.1.367.0, stamp 40746ce5, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002238. I think it is interesting that both servers are crashing, but not at exact...

What happened? #2
Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from this forum? Not specific to this forum, but the MS newsgroups have a "retention period". Anything too old is automatically purged (which sometimes leaves answers with no questions. IIRC this period is 6 months. They are generally moving everything across to the web-based forums instead. On 24/06/2010 14:57, Squeaky wrote: > Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from > this forum? ...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage and just Save as Webpage and then upload to my server. Now that I have XP and Publisher 2003 I don't see the Save as Webpage, only Publish to Web. Have tried this and it doesn't open after it has been uploaded the way it did before and it takes longer to upload than 2000 did. Probably doing something wrong and just wanted to see if someone else has had this problem or what I'm doing wrong. Have a good day. Jim Jim wrote: > I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage > a...

special orders #2
What is the best way to handle special orders... would it be via work orders? We would like to have two "special order" items that require 6 or so input criteria, i.e. if a cashier selects the item, they would have to input various selections such as color, finish, cloth type, etc. Any ideas on how to handle this? Thanks, Dallas. We use Layaway for special orders and I don't believe there is any fundamental difference between Layaway and Work Order other than the name. For the past year we've been using SO Tracker from Digital Retail Solutions. You can find it at: http...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Combining 2 Text Strings in Body of E-Mail Q
I am trying to create a string of text to place in the message body of an e-mail. Using Ron De Bruins code I've run in to the "Too many line continuations". I've a requirement for 31 lines, but it hits this error on line 24. How can I combine 2 text strings to appear in the message body of the reports. My code with only the first stringbody is:- Sub Mail_New_Version() Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As O...

Is there a publisher "reader"?
Is there a program that can read .pub files....other than Microsoft Publisher obviously? Much appreciated. -Chris Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote: > Nope. > Thanks for the reply... Didn't think there was...but thought it would be worth a shot. I just used the PrimoPDF to convert so I can send it around the office. Thanks again. -Chris Nope. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cldnails" <cldavidson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9I...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

Rules do not run #2
I have erase all my rules and set them up one at a time as a new message arrives. Next time that rule is supposed to run it does not. Using "Run Rules Now" does work, why are my rule not running automatically when new messages arrive. I am using Outlook 2003. Andrew M. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Ou...

Migration From 1.2 to 3.0
Dear all, We want to do a new installation of CRM3.0 on a new server. How to migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0 ? (1)Somebody suggested to use data migration tools. I don't like it because I have experienced before (when I migrate Goldmine to CRM 1.2). It is very headache and time-consuming. (2)Somebody suggested to do a new installation for CRM1.2 and upgrade to CRM3.0. Does it mean I can copy the database of 1.2 to a new server and install CRM1.2 ? I would actually first upgrade your existing system. Then look to migrating to the new hardware. With v3, the DB is a lot easier to mov...

How to split numbers and decimal in 2 columns
One column for the dollars and the other for the cents? If so, use the Text to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2. This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there corresponding colums? Dollars in in B, cents in C, Data shown Dollars Cents Cu Sum 7 56 7.56 3 44 11.00 2 24 13.24 45 23 58.47 C2: =SUM($B$2:B2)+SUM($C$2:C2)/100 and copy down Regards Peter A "...

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

How to copy a missing font to publisher
I am missing the Antique Olive font in Publisher only. How do I get it back? That font was included with some HP products years ago, that is how I acquired my copy. Do you have the Antique Olive font in the font folder? If it is in the font folder it should be in Publisher's font list. Do you have a font manager? Might be it has lost its path. Aliases here http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/findafont/a/fontaliases_o.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

upgrade to 2.0.0114 from 1.31010
Hi group, I plan to peform this upgrade in 10 days from now... just before the Holidays shopping season! HQ with 7 stores Any general words of advice, suggestions of steps to be taken that is not found in the published MS documentation. Thanks Frederic Hurlet Did it for 5 stores a few weeks ago and it is all pretty straightforward Only thing I will say to make sure is that if you have purchased any add-ons for RMS make sure you find out if you need to upgrade those too, most of them have to be "Frederic Hurlet" wrote: > Hi group, > > I plan to peform this upgrade...

Macro recorder #2
How can I use relative references in my macro when I record a macro with the "record"-tool? >-----Original Message----- >How can I use relative references in my macro when I >record a macro with the "record"-tool? >. > Use the arrowkeys in a formula this will give you something like this ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]*RC[-1]" Regards Peter Click the "Relative Reference" toolbutton (the second toolbutton) on the Stop Recording toolbar, which should appear when you start recording. If it doesn't appear that would be beca...