publisher #18

if you have a small business with several computers that
are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy
of ms office for each computer in the same office? We
need to know this because we need it on all the computers
but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software.
thanks!

Publisher doesn't like being used on a network. Have you tried contacting MS
and asking about multi-seat licenses? Also, didn't you say you belong to an
NPO? If so, you could ask if MS has a special rate. The worst that they will
say is no.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"April" <kennedymylove@netzero.com> wrote in message
> if you have a small business with several computers that
> are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy
> of ms office for each computer in the same office? We
> need to know this because we need it on all the computers
> but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software.
> thanks!

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/14/2004 11:32:05 PM
"April" <kennedymylove@netzero.com> wrote in message

 >> if you have a small business with several computers that
 >> are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy
 >> of ms office for each computer in the same office? We
 >> need to know this because we need it on all the computers
 >> but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software.
 >> thanks!

April:

Are you really using MSPub so intensively that everyone must have access
from their own station? I would think not...

Put it on one common computer and let the users get off their butts and
move to the Pub Station when they need it!

(I felt this was a possible solution since you said it is a "small
business" with only "several computers". However, if you're a small DTP
business/print shop ... pay the freight for the licenses!! JMHO)

Low-tech!

Steve in NC :)

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
6/15/2004 12:58:24 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from April
<kennedymylove@netzero.com>!"...
> if you have a small business with several computers that
> are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy
> of ms office for each computer in the same office? We
> need to know this because we need it on all the computers
> but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software.

Have you investigated the Microsoft Open Licenses at
www.microsoft.com/licensing ?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
6/15/2004 9:32:59 AM
Hi Steve in NC (dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Are you really using MSPub so intensively that everyone must have
|| access from their own station? I would think not...

You would be surprised. There are corporations with hundreds of licensed
copies of Publisher, and each person is using Publisher daily on each
machine.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/15/2004 1:14:02 PM
But Publisher (2000) does have in the Help files comments regarding
installing on a Network. And I've experimented doing some Publisher creating
on our home network without problems.

--
Don
--------

"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Steve in NC (dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Are you really using MSPub so intensively that everyone must have
> || access from their own station? I would think not...
>
> You would be surprised. There are corporations with hundreds of licensed
> copies of Publisher, and each person is using Publisher daily on each
> machine.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
Engineer1 (288)

How do I setup a book cover using Publisher
I am publishing a book of poetry in Publisher 2003. There are 68 pages including front and back cover (using 8-1/2" x 11" paper). I would like to print the title and author on the spine. However, I am having trouble because of the ruler. I have discovered the "binding margin" option but the ruler still does not allow the wording to print exactly on the spine. Any suggestions? Have you turned on "snap." Have you selected center in the format text box dialog? Look at this article, it has help near the bottom. Structure your publication design using lay...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

MS Publisher 2000 continually installs
installed Office 2000 disk 1 and then MS Publisher from Disk 2. After I installed Publisher, it wants to do another install every time it is executed. What can I do to resolve this? You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/3...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

open a publisher file wihtout publisher ?
I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. Is there any other way to open it ? Hi chris (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. || Is there any other way to open it ? No. You need Publisher. Have them convert the file to PDF using Acrobat or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and send it to you. You can then use Adobe Reader to view the file. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Problem opening publisher files over a network
I am having trouble opening publisher files over a local network. I can open other office documents contained within the same folders as those I cannot open. Suggestions? This is not an antivirus issue... I've turned them off and tried... Copy the file to your local hard drive and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "LJinViroqua" <LJinViroqua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:090FBB11-B0DA-4A38-8224-3E9EB3A...

Did Publisher 2007 get left behind?
Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn't appear to be using the .pubx filetype. Publisher is Office's black sheep... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lurfys Maw" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:haql44p59ts3k3j7b9rd2nkldnliqrk9qd@4ax.com... > Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was > done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn'...

Publisher 2000 will not open all files.
My hard drive went down and had to be replaced. I re-installed Microsoft Publisher 2000 version 6.0 The only version I have ever had or used. I copied my publisher files onto the new hard drive and since then Publisher has opened some files with no problems. Others (approx:50%=) open on a blank page with a message (Box) that says, within it, 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version.' What different version, I have only had the one. I would appreciate some help here as I have a large numer of files that Pulisher will not let me access. Regards. -- Oldsteve, Silver Sur...

Microsoft Publisher 2002 #2
I am trynig to install Microsoft Publisher 2002 from CDROM. I am browse the CD and run the following file: "E:\publisher 2002\Microsoft Publisher XP 2002\Publisher XP\Pub.msi" Error 25506 appears saying "Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on the computer. You must install the Systems Files Update prior to installing Publisher. C:\Program Files\Coomon Files\System\ADO\MSODOR15.DLL is version 2.10.3711.3 wehn we require version 2.50.4403.4." Can anyone please help me on this? Thank you in anticipation. Have you called Microsoft? I ...

Publisher 2002 file conversion error in Publisher 2003 printing
I have a file created and saved in Publisher 2002. The file is saved as a booklet to print on a tabloid paper. The file is fine when I look at it in print preview and print it using publisher 2002. However, when I open it in Publisher 2003 it appears fine unless I print preview or print it. The Publisher 2003 printing has graphic duplicates on several pages and leaves off items on other pages. Can you suggest a fix so I will be able to use Publisher 2003. I am running a new Dell XPS m170 with Office 2003 loaded. Thanks. I'd suggest an updated printer driver. Do you have objec...

Publisher does not see printer
Publisher wont see my printer at work ever since I used my printer at home to touch up a few menus. Windows sees the work printer (a canon) and is set as the default printer and I can print in all programs except Publisher with the canon . I can print in Publisher with my home printer (a Dell) with no problems. When I go to print a doc in Publisher the printer doesn't show up in the drop down menu in Publisher. I am using Win 7 and Publisher is a trial version with three weeks left until activation. Thx Jim Publisher saves all printer information with each publication. ...

Make Publisher open with my standard document
I'm tired of having to dig through all the templates to find an 8.5 x 11 document template! I am a home user and everything I do is based on 8.5 x 11 paper. Is it possible to make Publisher open DIRECTLY to this choice and not open to the Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2007 template list? Thanks a million! K When I start Publisher it opens to a blank 8�"x11" worksheet. I use Publisher 2000 but the following my solve your puzzle. Start Publisher Select Tools Options Uncheck "Use catalog at startup." -- Don - Publisher 2000� ...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

mail merge with postcards in publisher
I made a postcard to send out to new buisnesses. I am making an address list in mail merge When I go through mail merge wizard I complete all the steps but no addresses print please help Kelly Hi kphoto4u (kphoto4u@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I made a postcard to send out to new buisnesses. I am making an || address list in mail merge When I go through mail merge wizard I || complete all the steps but no addresses print please help Kelly 1. Which version of Publisher are you using? 2. What is the database format you are using for your mailmerge? -- Brian ...

Address book #18
I installed a new hdd making it the master and the old one the slave. All of my contact info is still on the old drive. I need to know the file name and location so that I can get my old contact info back. Thanks. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:097a01c3973e$a20fd920$a001280a@phx.gbl, Danny wrote: > I i...

Publisher cannot open the file #3
I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003. Now I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000. Please help - would have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming! Thanks Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com... >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003. Now I >cannot > open files created in Publisher 2000. P...

Why don't pictures show in Publisher unless window is resized?
We use Publisher 2003. The pictures do not show unless we re-size the program window. Have any of you experienced this? How do you make the pictures appear without re-sizing the program window? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gmstreet" <gmstreet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:820D8893-26FF-4DEF-8D03-1AB26E7056B0@microsoft.com... > We use Publisher 2003. The pictures do not show unl...

Publisher 97 #13
Thanks for replies to my previous query, but I'm afraid they've all missed the point. I know that "save as HTML" converts JPEGs into GIFs, but this is precisely what I DON'T want. From the advice I have read re web construction, I understand that JPEGs are the best format to use, and that GIFS are not recommended. Olly. The only way you are going to get a .jpg using 97 is the way the article explained. Use a hyperlink from the gif to the larger .jpg. I would not buy Publisher 2003 if you are only going to purchase it for web authoring. FrontPage would be a better c...

Trying to do some Business Cards using MS Publisher
Hello, I have created a couple of flyers using Photoshop Elements 5. What I am trying to do now is to actually design a business card to look the same as the flyers. I am totally new to MS Publisher. I know almost zip about using the application and making business cards to boot. What I have tried to do so far is use Publisher's Blank Publications and then blank Business card template. I then already saved one of my flyers as a .png file format and resized it to a business card width and height of 3.5 x 2. With my blank business card template in Publisher open, I went to Back...

Importing from Corel Ventura Publisher
Does anyone know of a way to open a Corel Ventura Publisher document in Microsoft Publisher. Unfortunately due to computer crash and change of job I no longer have access to Corel Ventura Publisher Depending on the type of file, Ventura has all sorts of extensions. It may well be you are out of luck. Have you tried "Recover text from any document" in files of type? What version Ventura? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "VianneyS" <VianneyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Microsoft Publisher Catalog Does not open when I launch the program
I have recently re-installed Microsoft Office 2K CD2 on my system that was reformatted and when I go to open Publisher the "Microsoft Publisher Catalog" does not appear and it will not let me click on any icons or type any commands. At this point Publisher is absolutely unusable. I can however open previously saved publication files. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, I would greatly appreciate a solution. Thanks Brian Did you install all the 2000 updates? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en Office 2000 updates and patches relea...

publisher template #4
does publisher have a trading card template Hi sniper980 (sniper980@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || does publisher have a trading card template No, Publisher does not have a trading card template. You will have to create your own, or do a search at http://beta.search.msn.com/ for a trading card template. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Word template http://www.monroe.k12.la.us/mcs/idea_bank/MSWord/trading_card.html ...

Product Key not working for Publisher 2002
My boss gave me the Microsoft Office XP Professional w/ Publisher 2002 3 Disk set. The Product Key for Office XP works, but when I enter the Product Key for Publisher 2002, it says I entered an incorrect Product Key. What do I do????? Thanks Bahumit12 There is a separate product key for Publisher. It will be on the case/box/CD/packet/authenticity certificate. -- Hi Bahumit12 (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || My boss gave me the Microsoft Office XP Professional w/ Publisher || 2002 3 Disk set. The Product Key for Office XP works, but when I || ent...