Publisher #11

I have a friend who wants to buy Publisher by itself.  She
already has MSOffice. Do you sell it by itself?  Could she
install it without problem?
If yes, could you tell me where it is on sale in Ottawa?
Do you know the price.
Please answer me and thank you for that. Have a good day.

                               Anne-Marie
0
anmab71 (1)

No, I don't sell it by myself but Microsoft does.  ;-)

Installation is quite easy.

Check your local office supply stores (Office Max, Staples, Kinkos (?), even
some wholesale houses carry it).

You're welcome - and you have a nice day as well.

--

JoAnn

Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat.
                  --Emile-August Chartier

"Anne-Marie" <anmab71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend who wants to buy Publisher by itself.  She
> already has MSOffice. Do you sell it by itself?  Could she
> install it without problem?
> If yes, could you tell me where it is on sale in Ottawa?
> Do you know the price.
> Please answer me and thank you for that. Have a good day.
>
>                                Anne-Marie

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/13/2004 6:30:00 PM
At my local Best Buy store, I seen it for $139.99 I believe.

Hope this helps!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/13/2004 7:01:15 PM
Hi Amber (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| At my local Best Buy store, I seen it for $139.99 I believe.
|| Hope this helps!

There is a rebate inside the box to bring it under $99.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-28-09
I am THRYING and TRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) ...

formula help #11
Hi! there, I have a time sheet format for employees and I just don't know how to create the formula for overtime. I only want to input finished time in column C. I don't have much experience in formula function. The timesheet example is below and please help me to solve. Thanks. A B C D E 1 30-01-04 08:00 18:00 1:00 2 31-01-04 08:00 12:00 3 01-02-04 08:00 14:00 5:00 4 07-02-04 08:00 17:00 8:00 5 08-02-04 08:00 12:00 4:00 Column (A) is Date (B) is started time (C) is finished time (D) is over...

Inserting Images in Publisher
I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes draw-type pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot insert a Bitmapped image. Please help Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters. -- B...

WIndows Live Mail 11-27-09
Where's the send-receive button? It's the Sync button now. Place the mouse pointer over it and you will see the description. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "wes" <wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D685B9CF-8658-4B72-995D-CBBCFAEAA554@microsoft.com... > Where's the send-receive button? Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry -- ...winston msft mvp mail "wes" <wes@di...

Publisher 2003 and watermarks
I produced a watermark picture to insert into a document page. I inserted, formatted picture and set transparency. However when I send to back, it disappears. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? -- topdown What is in front of the watermark? Did you try putting the watermark on the Master page? You should be able to see the watermark, but if you have put objects in front that are not transparent... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "topdown"...

Publisher Question #4
I have created a poster/flyer but when I took it to printer they could not print the size I wanted, 24x30" because they said I needed to increase the size of what I placed on the disc. How do I do that, I have tried all i know I suspect you may have misunderstood what your printer said. What size is your original Publisher drawing? Maybe your design has a different width to height proportion than 24 x 30. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "MsJLee" <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Different orientations in one publication in publisher?
I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in publisher, ie one page portrait and then the next landscape. Is this possible? Not in the way you are thinking. What you *can* do is to lay a page out as a separate document, rotate it 90�, and paste it into your target document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shoshigrl" <Shoshigrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC532338-15D5-4D8A-81A8-B25ABA99FD5B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in >publisher, > ie one page port...

isv.config rollback to default value when publish new customization
dear expert, Anybody had idea for this problem?? "msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSkdJp7UFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > dear expert, > Anybody had idea for this problem?? > > > Yes, there is another copy of the ISV.config that gets copied on public - cant remember where it is. A search will find it, rename it and all will be fine for the next publish. I will try and find the exact location and post The file should be located in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Tools\Config, or wherever you installed M...

Multiple Commas 02-11-10
Some people decided to play a cruel joke and pulled two commas into a name field and i need to split the name into a first and last name column. Normally i could do this but the second comma is throwing me off. It looks like this: last name,first name, Ive tried doing a replace on the last comma but its not working. Does anyone know any tricks on how to either get rid of that second comma or split the field into two seperate columns as it is? Thanks for any help. dim aName() as string dim strName as string dim strLastName as string dim strFirstName as string ' just ...

How do you copy from Publisher and paste into Word ?
I can not get my image or text to paste into word from publisher Select in Publisher, then use Ctrl+C, then move to Word and use Ctrl+V -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Jewel" <Jewel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70235DD3-C6AC-4AE8-8A84-A977BA25E57B@microsoft.com... > I can not get my image or text to paste into word from publisher ...

There should be a downloadable Publisher file viewer like there i.
There are lots of viewers available for several of the Microsoft Office products. Why no have one that can view Microsoft Publisher files? One reason is Publisher files aren't practical to be used as e-mail attachments, files are huge, beyond many e-mail account capacities. Another reason is Publisher files are for the prime purpose to create material to be printed, published. -- Don Vancouver, USA "TeeCee" <TeeCee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3064F89F-D2DC-4B86-989B-C1163FAE68F5@microsoft.com... > There are lots of viewers available for sever...

Happy birthday, Publisher!
Did y'all know that next month will be Publisher's 15th birthday? If I had the time I'd make it a card.........anybody have a nice template? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: > Did y'all know that next month will be Publisher's 15th birthday? If I had > the time I'd make it a card.........anybody have a nice template? ;-) Woohoo <:o) Another excuse to make cake! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org I remember when Publisher 1.0 came out. Shortly after 1.0a was out, had a bunch of r...

Have to restart World Wide Web Publishing Service
My pwa goes down every 5 minutes and if I go to the services and restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service the pwa begins to work again for another 5 minutes. I look in the event log and I have an Event ID 2269 Source: W3SVC-WP The worker process failed to initialize the http.sys communication on the w3svc communication layer and therefore could not be started. The data field contains the error number. 0000: 05 00 07 80 ... I have found where they suggest that everyone or users is not in the bypass traverse checking and I have checked they are in there. If anyone has an...

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors but my Screen doesn't?
Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? How can I get the colors back? I have checked: Any color (RGB) - Best for Desktop Printers Thank-you for any help you can give me Gene Which version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GeneJ" <GeneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF806EA-70DE-4766-894D-334E09DE1275@microsoft.com... > Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? > How can I get the colors ba...

Excel 2007 Chart Object Distorts in Publisher when editing
After inserting a chart into publisher using the insert > object > microsoft excel chart the chart looks fine originally. When you double click the chart to edit it it completely disorts creating a huge amount of white space and compressing the chart. While in the edit mode you can select a predefined template design to adjust the chart back but when you exit the chart it never looks the same. Lines are fatter, trendlines shows pixels, etc. Anyone know a solution as these charts need to edited on a monthly basis. Maybe the solution is to edit in Excel and re-inserting. -- Ma...

Re: Error message in publisher
I would suspect a macro is embedded and you have macros turned off. I think using the acrobat buttons on the toolbar invokes a macro. Sooo...snoop around in the options and see if you have macros off and try t= urning them on. then reopen the offending file. if message goes away, you k= now what it is. (and if it were me, I'd go back and turn macros off again a= nd let the message happen. At least someone's malicious scr file won't star= t dancing on your system!) > When i open my document i get an error message but it doesn't tell me what > the problem is. The messag...

publishing to web via ftp (font problems)
when I publish to the web via ftp all of the blank spaces and apostorphes turn into question marks? How do I fix the problem -Bill no need to post in general AND in webdesign. You have yet to respond to all my questions in my response to your post in the other forum. You'll have to do so for me to follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F874FD4D-CA52-479C-BDAD-EF7663BC2A38@microsoft.com... > when I publ...

Publisher 2007 #32
I had publisher 2000 and I just updated. I am trying to print postcard with 4 per page but I have no idea how to do that. Could do that easily in 2000 but do not know how on 2007. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. -- Howard Dubman Howard wrote: > I had publisher 2000 and I just updated. I am trying to print postcard with > 4 per page but I have no idea how to do that. Could do that easily in 2000 > but do not know how on 2007. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Set File > Page Setup to your postcard size (probably 1/4 page), and File > Print Setup to...

Totals 07-11-07
I have a report that is grouped by type and it counts the number of entries for each type. I need to be able to total the numbers that come back. How do I do this? I believe you can do that in code or the control source of a text box: = Entries1+Entries2+Entries3 etc... "SarahJ" <SarahJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3D79045-FDCD-45BA-9F0B-3CA38A4D8F2A@microsoft.com... >I have a report that is grouped by type and it counts the number of entries > for each type. I need to be able to total the numbers that come back. > How > do I do this? ...

"Program is trying to access email addresses" message Outlook 11
I have an created an excel application which e-mails predetermined recipients using the "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")". Outlook generates a warning stating "Program is trying to access email addresses" for /every/ recipient (even though the email addresses are stipulated in the excel application). It also generates a message stating that "a program is trying to send email on your behalf". Can I turn these security features off in Outlook? They kind of kill my automation. Damien See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options w...

How do I get my CD into MS Publisher so I can work on the content
I jsut purchased MS Publisher 2003. How do I connect Publisher to my CD I received and is in my CD drive. What CD did you receive? Work on the content of what?...the CD? What's on the CD? If you mean you have a Pub file on the CD, copy it to your hardrive, then check the properties of the file to make sure it's not Read Only...if it is change it. Then work on the file in Publisher Just guessing here...if that's not what you mean please clarify. "JoAnn @CCI" <JoAnn @CCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B742F41D-E267-437D-BEC4-25F54E46AA2C@...

Help with Formula #11
I have a workbook(1)that has links to 2 other workbooks (these 2 are identical in design) I am trying to build up a year to date variance figure in the 1st workbook and have the following formula: =(('[MPG(SIC) Report 2004.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2004.xls]FEB'!$J$3)-('[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]FEB'!$J$3))/('[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]FEB'!$J$3) This gives me the variance for YTD JAN to FEB. I need to extend this formula for each YTD month (eg, JAN to MAR, JAN...

Can excel pasted int Publisher 2003 corrupt the file?
Here is my dilemma, I have a publisher document that I wanted to add cells from an excel file, I copied and pasted the excel cells and saved the document, but when i go to reopen the publisher file I get the message "publisher can not open file". I have only encounterd this problem when I paste cells from excel, word docs that are merged in work fine. And no copying excel files into word and then mergeing them into publisher doesnt work because word still keeps the cell properties from excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

publisher 2002 upgrade
folks in the process of upgrading from 98 to 2002 I have applied office xp sp1 & sp2 but am still getting the symptons on Kb article 292260, can anyone throw any light on a way forward - i have 200 documents that need converting thanks dave What are the symptoms? -- "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:%23l%237s0duDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What are the symptoms? > > -- > > The Wordart format , not the text, is being , strectched thus affecting other text boxes on the document thanks for any help D...