Publisher 07 Default Folder

I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something
other than "MyDocuments"?

I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the
desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file,
it goes right back to "MyDocuments"

Thanks
Charliec
Charliec
0
charliec (5)

Change the name of the My Documents folder
Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
InfoPath, Project, Publisher, or Visio
On the File menu, click Save As.
In the Save in list, click My Documents.
Click Up One Level  .
In the folders list, right-click the My Documents folder, and then click
Rename on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of
commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu,
right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.).
Type a new folder name, and then press ENTER.
 Note   You may need to close the Save As dialog box and open it again
before the change is visible in the My Places bar and the Save in list.

--
riptorn

"Charliec" wrote:

> I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something
> other than "MyDocuments"?
>
> I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the
> desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file,
> it goes right back to "MyDocuments"
>
> Thanks
> Charliec
> Charliec

0
riptorn3 (2)
8/25/2008 6:58:01 AM
>On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:58:01 -0700, riptorn <riptorn3@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Change the name of the My Documents folder
>Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs:
>Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access
>Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
>InfoPath, Project, Publisher, or Visio
>On the File menu, click Save As.
>In the Save in list, click My Documents.
>Click Up One Level  .
>In the folders list, right-click the My Documents folder, and then click
>Rename on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of
>commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu,
>right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.).
>Type a new folder name, and then press ENTER.
> Note   You may need to close the Save As dialog box and open it again
>before the change is visible in the My Places bar and the Save in list.

Hi Ripton,

I wasn't looking to change the name of My Documents folder.  Instead,
I was looking to point Publisher to another folder on my "E" drive,
leaving My Documents folder intact as it is.  I have done this with
all the other Office applications I have (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
etc) but can't seem to find the approach to do it in Publisher.  In
the other programs, the ability was located in the Options box(s).

Thanks
Charliec
Charliec
0
charliec (5)
8/25/2008 6:03:34 PM
I'll be kind and call it an oversight - hopefully a temporary one.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
> >On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:58:01 -0700, riptorn <riptorn3@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Change the name of the My Documents folder
>>Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs:
>>Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access
>>Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
>>InfoPath, Project, Publisher, or Visio
>>On the File menu, click Save As.
>>In the Save in list, click My Documents.
>>Click Up One Level  .
>>In the folders list, right-click the My Documents folder, and then click
>>Rename on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of
>>commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu,
>>right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.).
>>Type a new folder name, and then press ENTER.
>> Note   You may need to close the Save As dialog box and open it again
>>before the change is visible in the My Places bar and the Save in list.
>
> Hi Ripton,
>
> I wasn't looking to change the name of My Documents folder.  Instead,
> I was looking to point Publisher to another folder on my "E" drive,
> leaving My Documents folder intact as it is.  I have done this with
> all the other Office applications I have (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
> etc) but can't seem to find the approach to do it in Publisher.  In
> the other programs, the ability was located in the Options box(s).
>
> Thanks
> Charliec
> Charliec

0
jl_paules (2768)

Data Point on Graph "39409 versus 11/23/07"
I have numerous graphs wherein the X Axis represents the DATE. When I scroll my mouse along the graph line (searching for data points), I often see the accompanying data as... Series 1 Point "39409" Value 209 instead of: Series 1 Point "22-Nov" Value 209 HOW CAN I AVOID THE REFERENCE ON THE DATA LINE FROM REFLECTING THE SERIAL NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE DATE ITSELF??? (such as "22-Nov".) Thanks, FLKulchar What versio...

Missing Public folders #4
Hi All, running Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 cluster (2 x servers). Yesterday we had a large public folder with various folders within it. Today these folders within it have dissappeared. Have checked the logs and found nothing unusual. Have also checked to see if they have been deleted but could find no evidence of it, nothing to recover in the Recovery Option. Am very confused as to how this could have happened. Looking at the size of the Public DB, it looks, size wise, as big as normal which suggests to me that the data is still there. Is there a tool available that I can use to view th...

publisher and word document
Is there a way to open a publisher document in word? You can recover the text from Word. File, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file" and browse to the Publisher file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Cheryl" <cheryl30@attbi.com> wrote in message news:02af01c36376$fe3e6aa0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to open a publisher document in word? ...

Early .Pub versions to convert for Publisher 2003
I have created quite a lot of work in early versions of Publisher, but I cannot even view them in Publisher 2003. Is there a way around this or a simple converter to enable these files to be viewed and preferably worked on in Pub 2003? I actually really loved the early versions and would like to be able to install and use on XP along with Office 2003, so is this possible somehow? Help appreciated. Publisher 2003 should open XP(2002) publications. Are you getting an error? You can install 2002 in its own folder. Create a folder on your hard drive, install Publisher 2002. Othe...

Publisher-How do I change calendars 04 to 05 without losing data?
I have a current document 12 calendars with data in each day. I am trying to change the calendars from 04 to 05 with losing the existing data. Is there a way the data can stay in the same spot and the dates change. I also want to keep the same layout I currently have. I have tried using calendar options but cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Manually... You can try this, Expand your existing calendar by 12 months. On the toolbar, edit, office clipboard, this will give you 24 copied items you can collect. Copy your data, go to the next year, place your cursor where you...

default layout guides #2
Running Pub 2003 with Windows XP Home. I prefer the layout guides to be smaller than the default settingg of 1 inch on all 4 sides of the page. Is there a way to save my own settings as the default on all new publications? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Cynthia Carter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Running Pub 2003 with Windows XP Home. I prefer the > layout guides to be smaller than the default settingg of > 1 inch on all 4 sides of the page. Is there a way to save > my own settings as the default on all new pu...

One Result from multiple memo fields 05-03-07
I am an Access newbie, so I am not even sure this can be done... I need a report to pull material listing from a memo field [Notes] or show which jobs have missing materials... My report has the following record source: SELECT dbo_RB_JOBNOTE.JOBID, dbo_RB_JOBNOTE.ID, dbo_RB_JOBNOTE.NOTE, dbo_RB_JOBNOTE.OWNERFULLNAME FROM dbo_RB_JOBNOTE; The report has a Group header on JOBID and a [Material] text field with the following control source: =IIf([NOTE] Like "Material*",[NOTE],"No Material listing found") What I get is a listing of all the notes, ----------------- Example: J...

Using Access to design a form and then publish it
I am trying with little success to utilise Access where a form can be designed and then this form can be sent to an e-mail address as an attachment where the form would look and react the same. e.g. the mail recipient would be able to enter information into the form just as if they where in Access, I then require the information to be received back into the database. Is there a straight forward way to do this, (the only way I can see at the moment is to use Data Access Pages!) (I do not want to use Infopath as the form design tool!!) -- djb ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Switching Folders in Outlook
I have many different folders in my Outlook in order to sort my emails. I have noticed over the past month that switching from my main InBox to another folder takes a long period of time. I used to be able to switch folder instantly and now it takes upwards of 35 sec before the folder shows. Anybody else encounter this issue and is there a fix? Anyone else? Hundreds as a quick web search would have shown - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/outlook/archive/2010/12/17/issues-with-the-recent-update-for-outlook-2007.aspx -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Can't open file in Publisher 2003
any recovery advice for a Publisher 2003 file that was being worked on this morning but now gets a "Publisher cannot open the file" error dialog. I get the same error in Publisher 2007. No backup, dumb dumb dumb... Dave DDP ddpcad wrote: > any recovery advice for a Publisher 2003 file that was being worked on > this morning but now gets a "Publisher cannot open the file" error > dialog. I get the same error in Publisher 2007. No backup, dumb dumb > dumb... > Dave > DDP I have tried everything in MS publication 198256 to no avail. Any other ideas? D...

Setting default formats for color and comments
How do I set my color palette as a default so that I don't have to keep changing it in each workbook. And I do set the default formats for Comment texts so that I don't have to keep changing it in each comment. Thanks. Hi for your comments question have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default For your color question the following site may help you http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LF wrote: > How do I set my color palette as a default so that I don't have to > keep changing it in each workbo...

Public folder permissions #35
I am trying to split the public folders into two sections with each side not able to see the others based upon a security group membership. No matter what I do, the permissions don't seem to make any difference. can someone please explain exactly which perms need to be set to ensure that one group can see one set of PF and the other group can see the other but there is no crossover visibility ... I am setting client permissions and using OWA to check the effects ... is there some sort of delay that I am not catering for perhaps??? many thanks all, jON ...

How do I copy multiple pages from one Publisher document to anothe
Can anyone tell me how I can copy multiple pages from one Publisher document into another? Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Novice Teacher" <NoviceTeacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE774C02-578A-4333-8B69-21F6B0C8B6F2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how I can copy multiple pages from one Publisher > document > into another? Novice Teacher wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can copy > multiple pages from one Publisher > document into another? ======================== Maybe the following article w...

Propagate views for a folder?
Hi, I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder. Is this possible? Or does everyone have to set up this view manually? Thanks, Sean In news:1159366480.140686.158360@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, sean.gilbertson@gmail.com <sean.gilbertson@gmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then > having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder. Is > this possible? Or does everyone have to set up this view manually? &g...

Group contacts in public folder
We are migrating from Domino to Exchange and one of the features that I'm not sure about is within the shared contact databases. The plan is to put those shared contacts into public folders and give certain people management rights. In each notes contact, there are fields that display "Created by:" and "Last modified by:" Is this functionality simply... 'lost' in Exchange? Is there anything I can do to add it? Thanks, mike On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:41:02 -0700, mike79 <mike79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are migrating from Domino to Excha...

How to find out if public folder replication is complete
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015D_01C6181E.6B2D3C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'm replicating public folders from one server to another and plan to = shut down original server after it's done. My questions are 1. How do I know that all public folders are replicated? Any tool for = that except for clicking on each folder individually and verifiing it? 2. How do I test this on client machines? Do I shut down original = server? Or dismount public store? Or stop "mess...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

Activation of Publisher 2007 Trial
I downloaded and tried Pub trial. Then I followed instructions to convert/activate it. I obtained the product key online and at the same time it presented me with one download (Publisher2007Setup.exe) which I did and installed it. Then I tried to use the product key but when I choose Convert from Pub trial Help menu the window is titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial" and when I get to the point of entering the product key it says it is an invalid key and Pub still says I have a trial version. I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2007. I ...

When accessing "Contacts", "Calendar", & other folders in Outlook on a new Latitude purchased within the last month from Dell, the response is "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The information store could not be opened." The Help diretions for accessing or linking to the information store are not clear enough. How do I get started with my new Outlook? In addition, I would like to load old contact folder from an older Latitude into my new one. It might be included in folders saved on a C...

Microsoft Home Publisher 2000
We are looking for a program that is compatible with this that we can load on another computer to create a phone directory with pictures. We would like to be able to transfer files between this program and the new one. What should we be looking for? Cost is an issue. Thank you Unfortunately Home PublishING is not the same thing as PublishER. And it used it's own format. Unless you have a retail copy of the software and can install it on a new computer, you will have to start from scratch. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but ... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publ...

How do I format a strikethrough font in Publisher 2003 (SP2)?
It must be there!... But I cannot find it. I am talking about the "strikethrough" font format in Publicher 2003. I can see several types of underlines, shadow and enbossing, but not the striketrough format. Please help. THANKS! I don't believe strikethrough is available in Publisher. The best you can do is draw lines through the text. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Marco Margaritelli" <MarcoMargaritelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF6D2138-9601-4BD4-B34C-3CE2B1DA0C53@microsoft.com... > It must be there!... But I cannot find it. > I am...

When I try to print a Publisher document and change the printer s.
When I try to print a document and ghange the printer selection to another printer the layout is changed. How can I lock the layout so the document prints the same on different printers. Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from RiversGas <RiversGas@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > When I try to print a document and ghange the printer selection to > another printer the layout is changed. How can I lock the layout so > the document prints the same on different printers. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Be...

07; how to disassociate multilevel list from a heading style?
Hi all, I am trying to figure out a way to disassociate a multilevel list from Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in Word 07. I have been trying to deal with this both through styles and also through multilevel list but cannot find a way to break the connection between the heading and the multilevel list. Its as though once the connection is made it cannot be undone, which is absurd. There must be a way but I have been all over the internet today searching for how its done with no joy. Can anyone help me? I'll laugh if its one of those issues where the answer is staring me right i...

set default reading pane view
I have outlook 2003, exchange2003 sp1 with about 50 folders, I would like to turn off reading pane for all. I know there is a way, just cant find it in the labyrinth of the outlook controls. TIA Craig Start Outlook with the /nopreview switch. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "MSnews" <craig@nospam.milwauke...

Nested Groups
We have nested groups (specialty areas) inside of a main discipline group. All groups are set to expand on the local server. We are experiencing issues with using this main group to assign permissions on Public Folders and to set it as allowed sender for message restrictions for other distribution groups. Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone know of a fix? Are these mail-enabled Security Groups? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Heather Arnot" <HeatherArnot@discussions.microsoft.co...