Published web-page not visible on Google/Yahoo Search

I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I
search for the content of the site using Google or any other search facility
the site does not show up.Why is that ?
0
Sigsgaard (5)

It takes awhile for search engines to find new web pages. I do an organization
web site that has been on the Internet for almost six years, it took two years
to get recognized in a search engine unless one specific word was used in the
search.
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I
> search for the content of the site using Google or any other search facility
> the site does not show up.Why is that ?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/5/2008 12:36:49 PM
....in addition to what Mary said;

Let's see the website...what's the URL?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I
> search for the content of the site using Google or any other search
> facility
> the site does not show up.Why is that ?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
8/5/2008 1:54:07 PM
Here is the adress: http://bhs-psykoterapi.dk/

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> ...in addition to what Mary said;
>
> Let's see the website...what's the URL?
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I
> > search for the content of the site using Google or any other search
> > facility
> > the site does not show up.Why is that ?

0
Sigsgaard (5)
8/6/2008 7:38:00 AM
2 YEARS !!!! Oh my....!?! Hope it will not take that long for me. Anayway I
noticed in Publisher that you can enter some search keywords in the settings
for websites. I assume this will improve or is it actually required to enter
such words - thank you.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> It takes awhile for search engines to find new web pages. I do an organization
> web site that has been on the Internet for almost six years, it took two years
> to get recognized in a search engine unless one specific word was used in the
> search.
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I
> > search for the content of the site using Google or any other search facility
> > the site does not show up.Why is that ?

0
Sigsgaard (5)
8/6/2008 7:56:00 AM
Sigsgaard wrote:
> 2 YEARS !!!! Oh my....!?! Hope it will not take that long for me.
> Anayway I noticed in Publisher that you can enter some search
> keywords in the settings for websites. I assume this will improve or
> is it actually required to enter such words - thank you.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> It takes awhile for search engines to find new web pages. I do an
>> organization web site that has been on the Internet for almost six
>> years, it took two years to get recognized in a search engine unless
>> one specific word was used in the search.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage.
>>> When I search for the content of the site using Google or any other
>>> search facility the site does not show up.Why is that ?

There are ways one can accelerate one's web presence, I'm afraid I don't
know exactly how to go about it but I'd be optomistic a quick Google
would suggest ways to do it.

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

Looks good.
Google has a lot of info for web designers - I mean Google itself not "doing
a Google" - to help you.
Click on "more"  on Google's main page and explore their webmaster
information.

hth.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> Here is the adress: http://bhs-psykoterapi.dk/
>

> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
>> ...in addition to what Mary said;
>>
>> Let's see the website...what's the URL?
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>

>> "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When
>> > search for the content of the site using Google or any other search
>> > facility
>> > the site does not show up.Why is that ?

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Web Services install error on AD LDS
I am trying to install GP 10 Web Services (with the SP3 installer) on a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 server. Every time I try the install I receive the error: The Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services role must be installed on the computer before installing the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Service. I have installed AD LDS, and didn't receive any errors on install. I have rebooted a couple of times, still the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AD LDS and still have the problem. Shawn, You may want to check the following KB articles for resolution to your problem: System...

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

Page setup / page / size??????
Hi, When you are in design view and you click on 'Page setup / page / size' are the options listed based on the printer you have installed or are they options that Access knows? If I select any of the options listed will they work on any printer? Thanks, Phil They are printer-specific. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C07A38-11FE-4620-97C...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

I can't publish now since my computer crashed as was rebuilt
My computer crashed and was re-built with all the software re-loaded and my documents re-loaded from saved files etc. But now when I try to publish updates to my web site, I get FP error message like this: "the web server at www.snoblazers.com does not appear to have Windows Sharepoint services installed. possible causes: 1) Web server may not have Frontpage extensions installed 2) The web server may be temporarily out of service 3) If you are connecting through a proxy service, the proxy settings may be incorrect 4) An error may have occured in the web server. But n...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

Reinstalling publisher with product key only
I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key code which i had luckily saved on my external hardrive. Can I reinstall publisher somehow without having to re purchase it?? how and where? cause so far i am getting nowhere.. thank you. You need the CD containing the program. Otherwise, how are you going to install it? Craig nikki wrote: >I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought >publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key co...

search #6
hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results that match the criteria, than it will return all the results to the 1st page, is this poss. please help thank you You can use an Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html ash wrote: > hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 > criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results t...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Window "visibility"
I'm trying to create a window that is inherited from CDialog - but I want the window to not only show up under the "Windows" pulldown from the main menu, but also show up as a taskbar item under Windows XP. I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, and can get the first such window to show up as a taskbar item by creating it with a NULL parent. However, every other dialog created (and there are several - all modeless) get tied to the first dialog. Must I resort to using CFormView as the base class? ...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

how to search in excel with condition
First I must say that your site is great and it helps me a lot. Can you explaine to me how to do search in Excel ? explenation: I have 2 sheets on the same excel file. I need to search one column in the 2nd sheet and if i found the data I look for then I need excel to put this data in the first sheet on the same raw when the data is equel to. example: 1. on sheet 1 I have names of people. 2. on sheet 2 I have a cloumn that contains some of the names from sheet 1. 3. I need excel take each raw in sheet 1 and search sheet 2 for the same name. 4. if it found the same name in sheet 2 then...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Excel
Can you have a combination of both portrait and landscape pages in worksheet ? I suppose that the page setup setting applies uniformly fo all pages in the worksheet ? How you could get around this ? Than you. CJ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you're right: You can have only ONE orientation per worksheet at the same time. One workaround for printing: - tsart recording a macro - set the page orientation for the first part of your sheet - print the desired pages - change the page orientation - print the remaining pages Now use this recorded macro for printing >...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

I want to design both side of a post card using publisher 03
I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? Insert Page -- Don Vancouver, USA "bettboop" <bettboop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D78C55-BB03-44EC-97AF-D8FBA74FB95C@microsoft.com... >I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? ...

Redirect not visible
Recently I got a complaint that it had not been visible that the message I received had been a redirected one, redirected by me. As an email program I use Eudora and I never had this problem myself; and as a test I just sent myself a redirected message which I received using Outlook Express, but in the From:-line the redirectedness was indicated ("By way of ..."). So I was wondering whether there were instances or email programs in which redirecting (which is not a standard feature in OE) is not noted upon receiving. Otto "Otto Vrijhof" <vri16668@freenet.nl&g...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...