PUB2000: text not printing

I have text serving as a background in my document, on
top of which I've placed an image.  I've got it set
for "Wrap Text to Picture."  On my screen, the background
text is running under the image just fine, but when I
print it (on my Samsung ML-1710) the text is not there.
Any suggestions on what I can do?

Sincerely,
Matt Almos
0
anonymous (74722)

View, uncheck "ignore background" (master page).

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Matt Almos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have text serving as a background in my document, on
> top of which I've placed an image.  I've got it set
> for "Wrap Text to Picture."  On my screen, the background
> text is running under the image just fine, but when I
> print it (on my Samsung ML-1710) the text is not there.
> Any suggestions on what I can do?
>
> Sincerely,
> Matt Almos

0
laserdog (1122)
2/29/2004 9:48:57 AM
Sorry, I was unclear.  Kind of new to this program.  It's
not a "master page" background, so much as it's a text
box which I've put below the other objects on the page.
On the printed document, you can see the text underneath
other text boxes, but not underneath a .gif that's on the
page.  On the screen it all looks fine.

0
anonymous (74722)

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

formatting text on chart for specific values
Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show all of the dates that have downtime=0 as blue text, but I can't figure out how to make only those with a y value of 0 show up as blue on my chart. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Hi, This page may help with the formatting of axis labels. http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm Cheers Andy satraver wrote: > Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for > those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show ...

VBA solution to paste text into megred cells
I do realize that merged cells are bad news. I'm stuck with an Excel 2003 worksheet, which contains this dreaded feature. Users are complaining that on trying to paste text into merged cells gives Excel Warnings: "Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste anyway?" And: "Cannot change part of a merged cell." Interestingly, though if the user hits F2, which places the cursor in the formula bar, then the paste operation works! I'm usually reasonably of Ok with VBA; but this ...

OUTLOOK 2007
I purchased new notebook from Dubai having Vista Home. While uising OUTLOOK 2007, the email messages make and receipts in Plain text receive in Right to Left Direction. My requirment is default text direction as Left to Right. I think problem is coming becuase of arabic or Urdu language which is set in Window Vista. I have tried all option i.e. set language as English, key board as US, email template as left to right direction but this problem is not solved till todate. I request Microsoft or member in Discussion group to help me for solving this problem. Tools, options, left to ri...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

How to customize Outlook 2003, e.g. remove button text in toolbar?
I cannot find where to do that :( Thanks, Tien, Right click on the toolbar, select Customize, then right click on the button, select Default style. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Do Quyet Tien asked: | I cannot find where to do that :( | Thanks, | Tien, Thanks, but why is it easy like customize IE toolbars, just select option "No text labels...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Impossibly Tiny Text
On rare occasions Excel 2003 (with all updates) screws up and will display just one sheet with impossibly tiny text - like only one or two pels high on the screen. All other sheets continue to look normal. All the cells appear to still have correct information in them, it's just tiny. I can select the entire sheet and tell it to use 100 point type and it will produce type that looks like maybe 10 point type on the other sheets. Or I can copy an entire good sheet, and "Paste Special" only the formats onto the bad sheet and get back the impossibly tiny text again. Saving ...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Checkbok & printing
I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook. I've got a spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily. Is there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks? I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1. Thanks! <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Hi Fishy, As a starting point see xlDynamic at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:c7nn72...

Mottled Text in GIF Image
I'm trying to put a GIF image into my signature page. The image is a Static GIF Image that consists of a graphic and some text. When I go to write the email it appears correctly, however when I send the email the text portion is mottled. I am sending the email to myself and this still occurrs so it is the same monitor, computer, software etc. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this. Should I covert this image to a jpg or some other format? Thanks in advance ...