Pub 2003's non-breaking space lost in Edit in Word and vice versa

Hi! I don't remember this problem in previous versions. If
I enter a non-breaking space in Publisher 2003, I lose it
and the following word when I select Edit in Word. If I
put the non-breaking space in while I'm editing in Word,
then Publisher converts it to a regular space. Does MS
know about this, or am I the only one with the problem?
The help file shows my version to be Publisher 2003
(11.5525.5606). Thanks for any help.
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 News

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

opening a .docx with word 2004

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003