Pub 2000: insert Unicode by number

I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear i
Publisher 2000's symbol list.  Is this possible

--
Andrew Bryan
Andrew Bryant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=511

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Andrew Bryant wrote:
> I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear in
> Publisher 2000's symbol list.  Is this possible?

Try (with NumLock on) Alt+(Uxxxx), where xxxx is the hex code, with
letters on the keyboard and numbers on the numeric keypad.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Thanks for the prompt reply

It works up to a point, although it understands decimal codes, not th
hex.  In fact, any hex code including an E pulls down the Edit menu

This would be fine, but even that expires on Unicodes greater than de
127.  eg 0603 yields a left square bracket, and not the expected LATI
SMALL LETTER OPEN E.

Any thoughts

Andrew

--

Andrew Bryant wrote:
> It works up to a point, although it understands decimal codes, not the
> hex.  In fact, any hex code including an E pulls down the Edit menu.
>
> This would be fine, but even that expires on Unicodes greater than dec
> 127.  eg 0603 yields a left square bracket, and not the expected LATIN
> SMALL LETTER OPEN E.

In that case, it looks like you're stuck copying and pasting from
Windows Character Map.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)

align column of numbers

Currency and Numbers display
Under the currency category of Format Cells, some machines only display four choices for negative numbers, while others display five. There is no choice for red negative with a leading minus sign. I've gone through to check if it's a version related issue, but can't seem to replicate the situation. We have Office 2K on W2K SP4. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Truncated pictures when inserted at end of page
When I insert a picture at the end of the page and the picture's size forces it to the next page, the bottom of the picture is truncated. Size doesn't seem to matter; 100% plus or minus, the picture is truncated. Anyone know why? Putting it in a table cell solves the problem, but I'd like to understand the issue. Sometimes, for me anyway, it's because of the settings of paragraph where you want to place the image. I verify that the line spacing is Single and that the font size is consistent. Also, sometimes the placement properties affect it; that is, if t...

How do insert page numbers (after page 1) in Excel?
I am attaching a Excel worksheet to a Word doc. I want my pages to continue from the Word doc. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, ...

Generate number NOT using a form
Hi, I've searched hi an low on this site and others, and the nearest match was a question from Galaxykid in November. I'm running Office 2000 and have used the Template Wizaed to create a template that is used as a form to input data into another spreadsheet. I would like one field on the template (which appears as a spreadsheet NOT an Excel Form) to generate sequential numbers for each new record that is entered and saved using my template. I know it can't be that hard but I've been trying to figure this out for two days! Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. Davis Try loo...

Phone number on MS Outlook 2007 inbox view
Is it possible to show phone number (Businnes phone) in Outlook 2007 Inbox view? (list) I an add such column, but no phone number appears. Outlook works with Exchange 2003. I want to show phone numbers stored in Active directory. Best Regards Pawel Jawien "Pawel Jawien" <pawel.jawien@jawien.pl> wrote in message news:16E2FDDD-37B3-44E9-80D3-A0A04B33ABA5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to show phone number (Businnes phone) in Outlook 2007 Inbox > view? (list) > I an add such column, but no phone number appears. > > Outlook works with Exchange 2003. I wan...

RTV PO Number empty when it shouldn't be
I went to receive an RTV (Transactions >> Returns Management >> RTV Receiving) and got the normal RTV Receiving window. I brought up an RTV that had originated from an RMA and the RTV was marked as having been shipped. WHile all of the other information from the RTV was present, the PO Number field was blank. I checked the FIeld Service Help for this window and it says the following for this field, "RTV PO Number Displays the number of the document associated with the sales invoice for the customer on the RMA document". I checked back to the RM from which thi...

Can the number of series be dynamically linked to contents of a cell?
It seems like this would be a simple thing to do, but I can't figure out how: I want my chart to use one column of data from a table if a certain cell has the value 1. If the cell says 2, I want the chart to use two columns of data from the table. If the cell changes back to 1, I want the chart to revert to the first series only. Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to do this. Bruce I should clarify that when the cell value is 1, the bar chart should display a single series with bars spaced as if never was any second series. In other words, blanking the data for Series 2 won...

Insert multiple rows
Hi, is there a way to insert multiple rows (that conatin certain column values) for each existing row in a worksheet? Thanks. -- Michael Hi Michael, See insert rows maintainining formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm it is set up to retain formulas and clear constants, but you can modify which columns get cleared so you can maintain some of the constants. ---- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm ...

Very limited number of lines for criteria in query designer
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a problem with the number of lines that I can use to specify criteria in the query designer. For my database there are at present only 9 lines available, but for other databases I have seen that many more lines can be available. How can I increase this number ? I could, of course, write a SQL statement instead of using the query designer, but I would prefer to enter a few key strokes to solve my problem. Thank you very much for your kind help ! Peter Current versions of JET handle up to 100 ANDs or ORs in the WHERE clause, but the query des...

Problem restoring Money 2000 backup to Money 2003
Movoing Money files from desktop to laptop: Desktop was Money 2000 under Windows Millenium, Laptop is Money 2003 under Windows XP. Getting message: invalid path ... clicked OK, browse, etc to locate file on MemoryKey, but then received message that I was unauthorized to open, or it was in use by another application. Checked properties; not archived, not read only. Have tried copying it into "My Documents" folder, all to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks for the suggestion Bob; I tried that first - no luck. That's how I'd restored before, but that was just 2000...

Is there a way to insert footnotes in Excel?
I need to know if there is a way to add footnotes to an Excel spreadsheet? My guess is thatr there is not. Thanks. Hi your guess is correct. you could insert a comment ('Insert - Comment') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Knocka" <Knocka@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1E1D6C1-AD5E-4AEE-8F16-2234B82A88DD@microsoft.com... > I need to know if there is a way to add footnotes to an Excel spreadsheet? > My guess is thatr there is not. Thanks. You could add a footer line in a printed worksheet to include you footnotes. This w...

import number data doesn't allow summing
I'm importing a txt file. one of the columns contains numbers. After import, I am unable to sum or perform any number manipulation. I'd appreciate any help Thanks Craig Hi Craig probably the numbers are stored as text format. Try the following: 1. Format the column as number/general (goto 'Format - Cells') 2. Enter a 1 in an empty cell, select this cell and copy this cell (CTRL+C) 3. Select the column with your numbers and goto 'Edit - Paste Special'. Select the action 'Multiply' That should work Frank craig wrote: > I'm importing a txt file. one of...

Error Msg "You must enter a number between 0,00 and 100 000 000 000,00" pops up, when i enter data into fields, whose type is 'Decimal'.
Hi everyone, i am new to MS CRM. Therefore please bear with me. i have got this error msg "You must enter a number between 0,00 and 100 000 000 000,00." when i enter values into fields whose type is 'Decimal'. I searched through the KB articles and i found that this problem can be solved using an Update Rollup 2 for CRM 1.2. However i am using CRM 4.0 right now. Therefore is there any other suggestion to solve this problem? Warmest Regards, Thomas Thomas - what exactly is your issue here? the message you...

Access 2000/Access 2003
drop down list boxes created in access 2000 do not show in access 2003. Anyone know a fix? Access 2003 was "updated" with Service Pack (SP) 3 -- can cause this. Search on these terms and "hot fix". -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "jevaught" <jevaught@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01B5CAE0-8B56-4104-BC5B-829FCCA83FA3@microsoft.com... > drop down list boxes created in access 2000 do no...

Publisher 2000 vs Office XP
I have Office 2000 Premium installed on my computer. I purchased Office XP Professional. It does not have Publisher or Front Page. I am trying to run the 2000 Pub and FP along with the new XP programs. Front page seems ok but I get a message that Publisher cannot find spell checker and hyphen.. dictionary. Reinstall. I have tried everything but still get the same message. Have you installed all the patches for Publisher 2000? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" If you mean by patches: MS office updates, yes. I have loaded all a...

is this an efficient method of creating random numbers?
fot random numbers 0 to 10 =ROUND((RAND()*10),0) for random numbers 0 - 100 =ROUND((RAND()*100),0) for rand numbers 0 -1000 =ROUND((RAND()*1000),0) etc etc cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com oh. i am trying to figure out how to creat numbers between a certain range.... eg between 3 to 9 i can only do 0 - 10 at the moment any ideas appreciated. cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For 3 - 9 try =INT(RAND()*(10-3)+3) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sokevin >" <<sokevin.11llqj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messag...

Verifying number exists in query
I have an edit form that I open after some one enters the appropriate NC#. How do I validate if that number exists before opening the edit form? -- Dirk if dcount("[NC# Field]","[TABLE WITH NC# FIELD]",[NC# FIELD] = [WHATEVER NUMBER]) > 0 then..else..end if "Dirk_Bob" wrote: > I have an edit form that I open after some one enters the appropriate NC#. > How do I validate if that number exists before opening the edit form? > -- > Dirk Lance, Thanks, I understand the code. Where should this be placed? -- Dirk "Lance" wrote: >...

How do I number sequentially omiting the headings in excel?
Hi, I know I can number sequentially by just entering 1 in the first row and hitting ctrl+draging it down. But what if there are headings inbetween that I want to omit. Alos I want it to automatically update if i delete a row or add one. Thanks Arthi Post a small example of your layout. Where are the headings located where you wish to omit numbers. Do you want the numbers to pick up where they left off above the headings? Like 1, 2, 3, 4 heading, heading, 5, 6, 7 Or 1, 2, 3, 4, heading, heading, 7, 8, 9 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:10:01 -...

How can I change commision % after it pass certian number
i have class project where i am suppose to be sales manger and i am trying to set up a pay plan for sale personals, the gross profit percentage changes "20%" after the 12 sale the plan retroactive and go up to 25%. i am trying to think if there is plan that changes the commission after it hits that magic number Thanks Hi Ab shihab, Not exactly sure what you want, but, here is a first try, Gross Profit in A1 Number of sales in B1 Put this in C1 =IF(B1<=12,A1*0.2,A1*0.25) HTH Martin "Ab_shihab" <Ab_shihab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Outlook 2000 getting day of week with today date
A while ago my Outlook displayed the day of week. I cant find a reference to this in the manuals, help, MS pages, and I'm not even going to try Google TIA Steve L. Check your Long Date format in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options (the actual Control Panel command for this may differ depending on your version of Windows). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3F90AB03.122C2BCC@mts.net, Steve Lenaghan wrote: > A while ago m...

Outlook 2000
I have a friend who has Tools missing from his menu bar. Can anyone help on how to get it back? Barry Restore the menu bars, see "Restore Any Toolbar" http://www.officearticles.com/misc/menu_and_toolbar_tips_for_all_microsoft_office_applications.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Oldmoondog" <oldmoondog@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:18HIe.550$jv2.474@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > I have a friend who has Tools missing from his menu bar. Can anyone help on > how to get it back? > Barry > > ...

Numbers of Stored procedures
I feel that after first Installation/ creating a company a complete set of objects like tables , stored procedures and views checklist need to be printed which can be verified / listed by module to verify that everithing is copied nothing missing if missing then need to patch by the same time, Recentaly i have an installation of GP 8.0 created a TWO comapny - without any problem , created a live company and setup everything and reday to go - when reach at SOP Distribution - i recieved error message suggesting missing of Stored procedures, i then look in to the objects of the DB and fi...

Excel 2000 #5
I have Office XP Home Version 2002 and the office package came with the PC - from Dell. I cannot open Excel - which has business files in there that I need to access asap for tax reasons!!!! Word, Access and Powerpoint are fine. I just can't open Excel. It is asking me for the installation CD - which I don't have.Wwhen I load it the message reads the following: MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000 SR-1 PREMIUM The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Office 2000 SR-1 Premium Disk. - Then when I OK this message I get the follw...

Can't insert Rows?
When I try and insert a row I get a prompt saying "To prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last non-blank cell by pressing CTRL+END and delete or clear all cells in between the last cell and the end of your data. Then select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used." Can anyone advise (a) Why this happens and (b) How to stop it happening as I've tried doing what the prompt says and can't seem to solve it...and I really need to insert a row, rather than cut & paste. Any help great...